• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
sKbaV.png

Death of Halo, etc, etc.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Tashi has convinced me to actually post now and again and not just be a pervy lurker :)

Please be reasonably kind... I get enough verbal abuse (poorly-executed, mind you) from the bald Scottish man sitting across from me. Who knew such horrors could come from the mouth of someone with the gentle name of Francis?

Are we going to see some of you folks tomorrow night?

Ahhh! Welcome.

Risen

This is the kind of thing that will see Sword Base get remade in Halo 5 because it was a "fan favorite."

It's one of my favorites. I don't care if it's ball or slayer... I love it. Who doesn't love having Red as your initial spawn and being able to set up and CRUSH the other team... over and over and over and over and over again?

It is the absolute worst map design for competitive play, but that makes it the absolute best design for mindlessly "statting" against the typical terrible population people get matched against.

It's like the Zealot flag issue, but expanded into a whole map and any game type played on it.

Who cares if I spawn Blue against another good team and because of that play a tight but ultimately losing affair if 90 games out of 100 I get the Red spawn against scrubkins?

Remake this 343 - it's all it needs to be for mindless fun.

So, I think I will be using the recon control scheme.. But I dunno. It just seems to be the best one to be able to crouch jump, sprint and use AAs as easily as possible... We need a Halo 4 controller with an extra button. :lol

My flight delay is going to be about 4hours. I am getting 600€ cash. I am okay with that.

Glad to hear it worked out, a little extra cash for an inconvenience it never bad!

Tashi has convinced me to actually post now and again and not just be a pervy lurker :)

Please be reasonably kind... I get enough verbal abuse (poorly-executed, mind you) from the bald Scottish man sitting across from me. Who knew such horrors could come from the mouth of someone with the gentle name of Francis?

Welcome!

zap

Welcome!

I don't understand the love for swordbase at all. Randoms love camping I guess

Fracas

#fuckonami
Still don't get why people like Powerhouse. What a godawful map.

You shut your dirty whore mouth.
<3

It's the only map in Reach that I consistently enjoy. Although that means next to nothing, since I don't actually play Reach anymore. ViewtifulJC had the right idea all along.

heckfu

Banned
In retrospect, I had some great times on that map. Better than any map in Reach, save for maybe Countdown.

Countdown is the worst map.

clearly hyperbole, but it's most certainly one of my least favorites.

And as far as Powerhouse goes I think it can easily be one of the more competitive maps due to positioning and jockeying for the top.

GhaleonEB

Welcome!

And to your question: Yes.

TheOddOne

Powerhouse seems to be the only map made in mind for Reach considering all the jumps/shortcuts the map has.

Best map in Reach. Lots of routes, lots of cover, lots of sightlines, lots of jumps and shortcuts

and it has a grenade launcher
While the layout of it seems fine, the problem is that above all maps it encourages the use of the jetpack and armor lock more then ever. Every match I have also played boils down to people camping in the showers.

And as far as Powerhouse goes I think it can easily be one of the more competitive maps due to positioning and jockeying for the top.

I kinda forgot about Powerhouse. Without jetpackers, that map really shines. And I don't know if I'm the only one, but I really enjoy 1-Flag on that map.

Ramirez

While the layout of it seems fine, the problem is that above all maps it encourages the use of the jetpack and armor lock more then ever. Every match I have also played boils down to people camping in the showers.

I've played a lot of Powerhouse, and I've never seen anyone try to camp the shower area, it's a grenade death trap. Jetpackers are usually easy to take down as well unless it's a great team.

Sorry... you will get a simplified sandbox competitive playlist that is low pop because 90% of the player base will want unlimited kill streaks, won't want to work to memorize weapon spawns/locations, and love wild card kills created by picking something in a menu.

/kylej possession

Ffffffffffffffffffff.

Infinity Slayer will undoubtedly be the playlist most people go to at launch. Since it includes all the new bells and whistles, along with instant respawn, it's going to draw the larger crowd. The highly competitive stuff tends to scare most normal people away. The level of play is just too high for them to enjoy it.

With what Frankie said, we are the minority here. We are a very small but very vocal group in the grand scheme of Halo 4. Competitive playlists can only get Halo so far since the larger audience probably will only dabble in them and not commit any serious effort to it.

With that said, any "barebones" playlists will have a decent amount of people in them to begin with as they rage against the new features. Then over time, we'll see more people turning to infinity (insert gametype) because it will feel like the more complete Halo 4 experience.

Yeah but we're also the minority because barebones playlists get fucked over.

We have confirmed this many times.

Who are you?

Exactly. Doesn't matter if there are only 5 playlists. The competitive/hardcore one will still have a small population because the casuals will view it as the playlist to go into if you want to get crapped on.

I just hope they're able to find a way to make Team Objective more palatable for a larger chunk of the community. Makes me sad that it holds such a low pop right now.

Which is why it'd be nice to have an actual playlist devoid of fluff and cheese from the very beginning. As opposed to every playlist having the stuff, which they confirmed and I'm very pleased to hear about.

Still don't get why people like Powerhouse. What a godawful map.

It's not that great but look at its competition. It's quite like starting to prefer the flavor of stale bread because the other option is shit.

I've played a lot of Powerhouse, and I've never seen anyone try to camp the shower area, it's a grenade death trap. Jetpackers are usually easy to take down as well unless it's a great team.

The most annoying game I ever played was jetpackers getting on top of nips and the hammer roof. Hell people can get on top of the hammer roof even without packs.

This thread moves way too fucking fast now.

Top Bottom