• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Walshy + Ogre 1 + Ogre 2 on Final Boss were somewhat unstoppable.

4Cdw2.gif

Gui_PT

Well as Henery's main beef is with BJ, my main beef is with default. I just see L3 for sprint and B for Crouch as absolutely horrible choices and it would be so much more preferable to see them swapped.

If 343 adds slightly modified versions to these on top of the existing, that would be great.

That does sound bad.
Unfortunately I doubt they'll be adding modified versions =\

Even if they would be willing to do that, wouldn't it be too late?

JackHerer

Well as Henery's main beef is with BJ, my main beef is with default. I just see L3 for sprint and B for Crouch as absolutely horrible choices and it would be so much more preferable to see them swapped.

If 343 adds slightly modified versions to these on top of the existing, that would be great.

I sympathize even though I use bumper jumper. Crouch on B for default really makes me scratch my head wondering what the hell they are thinking.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
That does sound bad.
Unfortunately I doubt they'll be adding modified versions =\

Even if they would be willing to do that, wouldn't it be too late?
I'm not gonna pretend I know much about coding, engines or making videogames. But if there was ever a time for more bandwidth and resources, now would be that time.

I'm masking my grief with humor.

It is a bit unfair, all I did was see if BJ was good to go then stopped caring about the rest of the set-ups. I will say, though, that sprint on LS and crouch on B is terrible; I couldn't imagine haveing crouch on anything other than the stick, it's used so often in Halo and just makes crouch jumping stupid difficult now. Why people think sprint needs to be on the stick (or a bumper for that matter) is beyond me. If you've played reach, you know sprint is a toggle armor ability: you push the button to start it and just stop holding foreward to stop. It works great on basically any button, so why take up such useful space like one of the bumpers or L3? If you play on anything but bumper jumper, do you ever have a problem jumping with A? No. That's how I view sprint, it's simple enough to put on a face button.

The real problem here is, after they didn't implement custom mapping, there is still only small set of control schemes to choose from. Why not take each scheme and create a few variants around it? That way there can be Bumper Jumper v2 or recon v2, and plywood and I can both use a bumper jumper scheme we think is optimal. I just don't understand why this is still a problem in 2012.

Gui_PT

I'm not gonna pretend I know much about coding, engines or making videogames. But if there was ever a time for more bandwidth and resources, now would be that time.

I'm masking my grief with humor.

Just write them a letter and ask for them to change sprint and crouch. It'll work, I'm sure.

It's also funny that a member of the wolfpack will be killed by someone called Kiki Wolfkill.

Noob Question: Was Ms. Wolfkill in Bungie prior to 343? is there any place where I can read a small bio on the developers?

She was with microsoft for a time, Worked on ... PGR maybe. I seen her name at the end of ME1 and was instantly more hyped for Halo 4.

I think she has a history with motor sports or something.

Iv heard her talk about her past maybe twice. She seems awesome cool. One of those great Company "Faces" like Frank, David, Josh and Jessica and that new MP lead he seems nice but his name escapes me.

Bungie and 343i have had a lot of great people up front in the "lime" light. Its nice for a Dev-Community situation when you can put a few names and faces behind your love for a series.

Or just allow people to use AAs with a single press of a button.

That'd work too but if they can't swap a few buttons round for a control scheme...

I've just looked at the other schemes... default users... my condolences. Crouch on B is insensible and bizarre. Sprint works anywhere really. Recon looks a better, if still flawed bet.

If you're inverted then high five. If you're standard then OK I guess.

inverted master race, too bad I play on bumper jumper.

It would be nice if you can equip a control scheme to each loadout though, because I need AA on a bumper if I am using something like jetpack.

Top Bottom