• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Noone ever misses a PM but sure let's make a post announcing the PM so everyone else gets curious or feeling left out! One of the worst halogaf trends ever.
For that matter, even if someone is somehow completely oblivious to new PMs, just tick this:

iCiyV.jpg

Ta-da, thread bloat reduced by 7%.

Vire

I use inverted Banshee controls and normal infantry controls.

Leaving now. PAX!

Jurk...

Man, I'm so jealous. I just can't justify the price of flying from Florida to Seattle though.

Well, at least us regular plebeians will get to see some off screen footage of the new map in one sleep!

Homeboyd

Keep an eye on the HaloGAF.com front page. I'm going to try and keep it updated with pics, etc.

Feel free to repost anything in the thread, since I'll probably be you lazy to do it myself.
You promised plenty of details of the liquoric variety and I'm going to hold you to it.

m23

Can't tell if sarcasm or not.

Yeah but seriously, I seriously hope we don't have to wait any more than two days to watch it.

Not sarcasm lol, it really is going to suck waiting for the video to release. Of course it won't take a week to upload. Luckily we have Labour Day in Canada so I won't have to worry about being at work when it releases......I hope.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I use inverted Banshee controls and normal infantry controls.

Leaving now. PAX!

Remember to invert or uninvert vehicle controls seperately from game controls!

Nothing is sadder than donging on fools on a multikill, hopping into a Banshee and smashing into the ground because you forgot they're independent toggles.

Remember to invert or uninvert vehicle controls seperately from game controls!

Nothing is sadder than donging on fools on a multikill, hopping into a Banshee and smashing into the ground because you forgot they're independent toggles.

Is there inverted vehichle controls on reach? I dont think ive ever changed them and i do fine.

Huh? Are you sure, I said people hardly played Reach not that they didn't enjoy it.

I meant the numbers have nothing to do with my enjoyment. As in I dont see how the numbers really effect anything. The numbers may be low in relation to previous iterations, but I can find a game easily so its no big deal. To me anyway.

33 for an Onza is pretty good! I think I spent 60 bucks and it got all messed up and like walks me backwards no matter what direction I put it in. I kinda want a wireless Onza too. DId they ever make one of those?

DesertFox

33 for an Onza is pretty good! I think I spent 60 bucks and it got all messed up and like walks me backwards no matter what direction I put it in. I kinda want a wireless Onza too. DId they ever make one of those?

Problem is - seems like you're not alone with the problem in the sticks. A good majority of the reviews say it develops weird dead zones and gets stuck in a direction within 2 weeks. Such a shame, awesome product.

JackHerer

I love Onza controllers but they are not the greatest quality. I have had to replace mine twice because the rubber on the thumb sticks gets worn away exposing the plastic underneath.

Sitll, the buttons are very responsive and I love the adjustable resistance. I don't believe they have a wireless version out at the moment.

nillapuddin

History repeats itself lol

i love mine, honestly its just flat out better than the standard controller

the added bumpers make Reach so much nicer
(having armor ability on the second bumper)

it makes claims that the grip is so good and etc, it really is

plus lets be honest, the light up buttons are awesome

They actually work very well, I play on 1 sensitivity (I expect crazy response to that) and I only twist them down a little bit, but if you couple it with higher sensitivity it makes some intersting combo's

The wire is pretty nice, very sturdy, it can be wound and stay that way, then stretched out and stay straight, works marvelously on PC

highly highly recommend buying an ONZA

edit:
i guess.. it bares mentioning

The Onza is hit or miss, you will either get an absolutely perfect build or one with imperfections
best buy, 2 year warranty 10 bucks
razer store, 1 year free warranty

worth it either way

What time can we expect news from PAX to hit tomorrow?

I wish this thing had better reviews as to the quality of the build - would be nice to have the 2 additional shoulder buttons that are programmable after seeing H4's controller layouts

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Professional-Gaming-Controller-Xbox-360/dp/B004DTLZMQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1346376179&sr=8-3&keywords=razer+onza+360

Um, well, I think I need that, because it should solve the issues I am worried about with Halo 4s controls.

Lots of H4 marketing going on in here (Gamestop, GAME, Fnac and MediaMarkt) feels good man :'D

Anything new or exciting marketing materials wise? Glad to hear its getting started at some places.. My local Gamestop is Black Ops central.

Tawpgun

Why is teriyaki food so good?

Why is asian food so good.

Chinese takeout is is probably what they eat in Heaven.

Inverted is stupid. Only makes sense for planes. I get the analogy with the level behind someones head when you're controlling but unless im mistaken, your horizantal axis remains the same. So basically, normal is the only way to go.

As far as button layouts go I'll probably try default out. I've been default for every Halo.

kylej

Banned
As much as I'd like to see 60 fps, spec mode, dedi's et al I could never really get that mad over their absence in Halo 4 merely because they're huge undertakings that 343 decided against and they decided that Spartan Op's was going to be their big ticket feature. I not the happiest they took this route (I'd prefer MP centric features) but they chose it and iterated on it with their resources. The reason I think the bumper jumper jet pack issue is worse is because

1. It's been brought up on forums so, so many times since mid 2010. BJ USERS CANNOT USE THE JETPACK PROPERLY is the main point. 343 will not have missed this problem.

and

2. It's such an easy, easy issue to resolve. Offer both the original BJ (so BJ purists don't go ballistic) and offer a BJ scheme with AA on RB and melee on B.

It's so offensive because it's not an issue of resources or bandwidth or animation glitches. It's just blank faced thoughtlessness.

yep

nillapuddin

Honestly I think the thumb sticks come off because of misuse from the tension bindings

I didnt understand how they worked the first time, now Ive taken them down a few notches and it isnt rubbing against them anymore, Im having no problems whatsoever

Buy a warranty, take care of the sticks, tack em down a few notches, enjoy beating adaptation.

Adapt on your own terms people.

Top Bottom