• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Nerds,

Nerds Everywhere

Homer-yells-nerd.gif

feel

Group: Group photo!! Yay!! Let's ask one of the waiters to take it.

Frankie: NNNNNNOOOOPE. I'll take the picture.

edit-
nice Olympique shirt Heck

heckfu

Banned

edit-

Haha, he literally walked in, sat down across from me, got the shots and left. Waiter took the photo.

And thanks! First one to recognize the team all day.

edit-

He wants to pretend he's above nerdom.

Haha, he literally walked in, sat down across from me, got the shots and left. Waiter took the photo.

And thanks! First one to recognize the team all day.

Probably has interviews to do. Didn't see much of him during the Spring Conf. either.

Guys, this is why you should support Indie Developers: http://edmundm.com/post/29952548637/the-basement-collection-release-date

It releases tomorrow, with a fuck-ton of content, something like 8 (or more) games, tech demos, soundtracks, audio commentary, interviews, design sketches, etc.

It's from one of the developers of Super Meat Boy / The Binding of Isaac.

And now back to your regularly scheduled HaloGaf: Heckfu, I expect many drunk texts throughout the night all weekend. If you don't deliver, we're through.

I wish this thing had better reviews as to the quality of the build - would be nice to have the 2 additional shoulder buttons that are programmable after seeing H4's controller layouts

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Professional-Gaming-Controller-Xbox-360/dp/B004DTLZMQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1346376179&sr=8-3&keywords=razer+onza+360

History repeats itself lol

highly highly recommend buying an ONZA

edit:
i guess.. it bares mentioning

The Onza is hit or miss, you will either get an absolutely perfect build or one with imperfections
best buy, 2 year warranty 10 bucks
razer store, 1 year free warranty

worth it either way

Yeah I'm getting more and more tempted to purchase that bad boy

Agreed, I read an article on this awhile ago. Neither is right or wrong, but rather the way your brain interprets "seeing" through a digital character on your screen.

I've got one on my MS controller. Really helps increase precision.

Hopefully I can be the turning point for your decision here so let me say this..

I was in your exact position about a month ago and having spoken to nilla + a few others about the Onza, I decided to buy the pro version and I gotta say it's pretty damn good.. Definitely worth the buy (the Onza in general), especially if you like the idea of the extra buttons. The joysticks though are a cool feature, but I guess others feel more of an impact than I do.. Personally, the most attractive thing is the extra buttons, and other than that the controller feels great/what you'd expect. I've been using it mostly for Smash 64 and if you've played Smash you'd know how those games kill joysticks, but this is perfectly good.

Positives:
  • Feels great
  • Added buttons
  • Long wire
  • Responsive, tight buttons

Negatives:
  • Sweaty hands can lose grip on joystick
  • Triggers have an extended tip so some people find that annoying, didn't bother me
Overall, you should test out the pro adjustable joysticks before you invest in that to see if it would even help you with shooters, otherwise the cheaper model is the best bet IMO.

nillapuddin

At the end of the day the extra shoulder button makes it an absolute yes.

The sticks, triggers and body are secondary to the added functionality and ease of which it's implemented the onza provides

Your only decision is...

Light up buttons, or no light up buttons.

And that my friend, is an easy call ;)

Ramirez

That moment when Fyrewulff realizes it's actually me sitting across the table from him and not Heckfu.

GVHP

Holy bigfoot. Also, why does Hyper look like he is on the verge of crying?

Because he realized he's in a hotel room with 30 grown males.

But really, I'm jelly, good times are headed your guys way.

Top Bottom