• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

senador

Banned
I hate inverted/non-inverted talk. Who gives a shit about how someone else moves the sticks?

I've read a few times that its programmed into your brain, its in your DNA, its not really a choice just how it is. I'm sure you could do the opposite one and handle it fine, but its supposedly ingrained in you and one or the other makes more sense to your brain and motor skills.

Don't have the source, if I see it again I'll post it sometime.

Anyone here ambiinvertrous?

Confirmed
r2YnT.gif

DesertFox

Honestly I think the thumb sticks come off because of misuse from the tension bindings

I didnt understand how they worked the first time, now Ive taken them down a few notches and it isnt rubbing against them anymore, Im having no problems whatsoever

Buy a warranty, take care of the sticks, tack em down a few notches, enjoy beating adaptation.

Adapt on your own terms people.

Yeah I'm getting more and more tempted to purchase that bad boy

I hate inverted/non-inverted talk. Who gives a shit about how someone else moves the sticks?

I've read a few times that its programmed into your brain, its in your DNA, its not really a choice just how it is. I'm sure you could do the opposite one and handle it fine, but its supposedly ingrained in you and one or the other makes more sense to your brain and motor skills.

Don't have the source, if I see it again I'll post it sometime.

Agreed, I read an article on this awhile ago. Neither is right or wrong, but rather the way your brain interprets "seeing" through a digital character on your screen.

I put kontrolfreeks on top of my Onza. I like that higher stick. Makes aiming more fluid.

I've got one on my MS controller. Really helps increase precision.

What time can we expect news from PAX to hit tomorrow?

Um, well, I think I need that, because it should solve the issues I am worried about with Halo 4s controls.

Anything new or exciting marketing materials wise? Glad to hear its getting started at some places.. My local Gamestop is Black Ops central.
Nothing really new, lots of posters and cardboard cuts. Silly preorder exclusives everywhere (GAME's exclusive H4 coffee mug WTF).

Blinding

Honestly I think the thumb sticks come off because of misuse from the tension bindings

I didnt understand how they worked the first time, now Ive taken them down a few notches and it isnt rubbing against them anymore, Im having no problems whatsoever

Buy a warranty, take care of the sticks, tack em down a few notches, enjoy beating adaptation.

Adapt on your own terms people.

My issue with the three Onza's I went through wasn't the thumbsticks, but rather the face buttons literally collapsing in on themselves. First it was the Y button, got a replacement and it was the left bumper, got another replacement and it was the X button. I gave up after that.

For a Razer product the build quality is beyond disappointing.

As much as I'd like to see 60 fps, spec mode, dedi's et al I could never really get that mad over their absence in Halo 4 merely because they're huge undertakings that 343 decided against and they decided that Spartan Op's was going to be their big ticket feature. I not the happiest they took this route (I'd prefer MP centric features) but they chose it and iterated on it with their resources. The reason I think the bumper jumper jet pack issue is worse is because

1. It's been brought up on forums so, so many times since mid 2010. BJ USERS CANNOT USE THE JETPACK PROPERLY is the main point. 343 will not have missed this problem.

and

2. It's such an easy, easy issue to resolve. Offer both the original BJ (so BJ purists don't go ballistic) and offer a BJ scheme with AA on RB and melee on B.

It's so offensive because it's not an issue of resources or bandwidth or animation glitches. It's just blank faced thoughtlessness.

Just found what I was thinking of

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo_3_Title_Updates

"Fixed the bug that allowed a BXB combo".

So yes, they can patch animation glitches were any to occur.

Bravo said during his trip to 343, they told him that they were going to include two variations of bumper jumper.
He didn't go into specifics of their variation, but I assume melee/AA was the difference.
Apparently they opted out of that decision.

I started my first year of college 2 weeks ago. Nearly every day, I've had at least one plate of teriyaki stir fry. My brother mocks me. He will soon learn the error of his ways.

Are those things actually worth it? I've considered trying them.

I'd say so. Tried playing on a normal controller a few months ago and gave up because it was so inferior.

Plus they are 8 dollars or something, 8 dollars is like...most things are worth that just to try things. Amazon actually shipped me a free pack with my pack too so I got half price.

My story I think I posted somewhere before was in MW2 I had a 14.8x something hit percent. This was after like many many games so the number barely moved even after a couple games. Like it was pretty set. I put them on got used to them and slowly it crept up to 16 something.

nillapuddin

I put kontrolfreeks on top of my Onza. I like that higher stick. Makes aiming more fluid.

do you have the standard or tournament?
im guessing standard, I didnt think the TE would be compatible with kontrolfreeks

(if you do have the TE)
how much do you adjust the sticks?
do you find it to be advantageous?

JackHerer

do you have the standard or tournament?
im guessing standard, I didnt think the TE would be compatible with kontrolfreeks

(if you do have the TE)
how much do you adjust the sticks?
do you find it to be advantageous?

I am curious as well. I have seen these around before and kind of assumed they wouldn't be compatible with the thumb sticks on the TE. I would give them a go if they are.

As far as adjusting resistance, I don't go near all the way tight with them. I just make them slightly tighter than a regular xbox controller (which seems extremely loose to me now that I'm used to the Onza; I'd hate to go back to a normal controller now) so I have a bit more precision but can still play twitchy if I need to. I play on 4 sensitivity. I imagine it might be useful to play on higher sensitivities and up the resistance but I didn't like how it felt when I tried it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone pull an MTW and steal a copy of Halo 4 for me? I'll give you 800 MS points. No questions asked.

Tawpgun

I started my first year of college 2 weeks ago. Nearly every day, I've had at least one plate of teriyaki stir fry. My brother mocks me. He will soon learn the error of his ways.

OH HELLLL YES.

I'm moving in Saturday. Can't wait to have some Stetty West Stirfry at my school. Long line is totally worth it.

heckfu

Banned
Greetings from Seattle! Duncan, Sai, Barrow, Deadly Cyclone, Fyrewulff, a handful of others and I are currently at dinner.

It's as awkward as you'd expect and I already want to kill Duncan.

feel

that's like a Fear Factor contest for me.
:lol :lol

I said one year ago that I would go to pax prime 2012 to play Halo 4 and whatnot. But with me not being truly hyped for Halo 4 and like none of the official members of "Halogaf Elite" and "Team Downer" going, I had to pass. I'll just check out the videos on youtube and hopefully team slrp come through with some decent impressions and stories. I'll say hi to Frank and bring Bonnie a big box of chocolate candy some other time in the future. If I had known beforehand there would be a Kojima presentation with a new main MGS I might've been pushed over the edge though.

Top Bottom