• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Fotos

I could make a joke about touching yourself at night, but I wont because I legitimately want to know why it won't be streamed and why a lot of panels they have been doing lately haven't been streamed.

If its on saturday than why are people saying we are going to get news today?

TheOddOne

In TF2 you can get the Pyrobvision goggles. With it everything turns into a happy place, with bright colors and fire now turns into rainbows with a Pony on top. Shit be trippin' yo. I wonder if they can do this funny in Halo 4.

Talents

Banned
So about that person who had so called inside knowledge of the ranking system...
did they release any info on it? Or was it just a troll?

u4iX

So about that person who had so called inside knowledge of the ranking system...
did they release any info on it? Or was it just a troll?

I feel like Walshy didn't know that we'd already known that there's a progression (1 to 50 levels) followed by the Specialization extra 10 levels, because the lady he mentioned just said something like "level up."

Yep:
b45Le.jpg

I feel like Walshy didn't know that we'd already known that there's a progression (1 to 50 levels) followed by the Specialization extra 10 levels, because the lady he mentioned just said something like "level up."

Yep:

im still hoping you lose credits when losing games/quiting.

Win - Gain 1000 points
Lose - Lose 750
Quit - Lose 1000 Points

or something, that way people can level down.

There's no reason to not have a TruSkill system in this game, or at least something similar to it. Reach suffered without it, and it'd sure suck to see Halo 4 without it too.

Reach has trueskill. lol

Conor 419

Banned
There's no reason to not have a TruSkill system in this game, or at least something similar to it. Reach suffered without it, and it'd sure suck to see Halo 4 without it too.

u4iX

Do we know how polished this PAX build will be and how close it is to the final version of MP?

I still wanna see the Autosentry, Jet Pack, and the new Promethean weapons in use...

Gah! I'm excited.

Karl2177

My favorite thing about TrueSkill now is how it has become a flak absorber for the developers' poor implementation as a progression system.

I think 750 is a bit much.

Its just an extremely basic idea. It could be elaborated upon based on skill difference/final score/medals earned or something. So if you lose 49-50 you only lose 100 points. Lost 22-50? You lose 500 credits.

I just prefer the idea that if you lose you ACTUALLY lose something. Not "WELL U TRIED HERES 30,000 CR JACKPOT CUZ U DONT QUIT LOL!!!"

It's an incentive to win. Incentive to cap the flag in CTF to level up. Incentive to play better. Incentive to strategize with your team to win, because it means something. IMO 343 should use the elo system, for 1-50 in ranked, and have a military rank for social. I feel as if sometimes 343 forgets this is the sequel to Halo 3, not Reach.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Newsflash, Reach has it, even if it works poorly. Halo 4 will more than likely have it too.

Derp.

TheOddOne

Do we know how polished this PAX build will be and how close it is to the final version of MP?

I still wanna see the Autosentry, Jet Pack, and the new Promethean weapons in use...

Gah! I'm excited.
I completely forgot about the sentry. I wonder if they did the auto sentry as TF2 (sorry to reference it so much, just got really into the game). In TF2 you can get decent kills if you place it well, but it can be easily destroyed. The problem however is when there are multiple sentries, even in TF2 it can get frustrating.

My favorite thing about TrueSkill now is how it has become a flak absorber for the developers' poor implementation as a progression system.

Well Truskill doesn't tend to be needed in a progression system. 1-50 in Halo 3 is different to the one MW2 had. Halo 3's system was not a progression system. It wasn't designed so people could start at 1, get to 50, then buy a new account and start over. It was designed to give players and accurate skill level and subsequently use that skill level to match with players of similarly determined skill levels. Rank locking was supposed to happens as players played the game for many years.

Top Bottom