• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Also, a close up of the backpack AA or whatever it is.

hHGxd.png

Isn't that thruster?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
It's not a Jetpack or a Thruster.

press release said:
It's the R.O.A.R. (Remotely Operated Assist Robotic). With the press of a button, a Spartan in a safe location detaches the R.O.A.R from his/her back and controls the Robot in first person. Armed with a high caliber pistol, it's roams...and roars over the map. With its jet propulsion it can reach speeds of 135km/h and climb over any hill it faces. The R.O.A.R will be made available exclusively with pre-order of the limited edition Halo 4 console at Target.

sounds pretty cool

Kibbles

[edit] Hook, line, and sinker. lol
I still don't like the new medals. The lack of color variation makes them all feel samey. None feel cool and exceptional. Same thing with the constant announcer call outs. Steitzer might as well be congratulating us for walking. 30 steps = STEPSTRAVAGANZA.

Edit : Map looks gorgeous, as does most everything else.

Edit Again : Is there a high quality version of the vid out there? The Gaming Everything one is crap for me.

I linked the HD broll on the page before this

Bsigg12

It's the R.O.A.R. (Remotely Operated Assist Robotic). With the press of a button, a Spartan in a safe location detaches the R.O.A.R from his/her back and controls the Robot in first person. Armed with a high caliber pistol, it's roams...and roars over the map. With its jet propulsion it can reach speeds of 135km/h and climb over any hill it faces. The R.O.A.R will be made available exclusively with pre-order of the limited edition Halo 4 console at Target.

Da fuq? Really? I get skins and stuff but not Armor Abilities....

Or i just got trolled, hard.

Havok

Hopefully we get a full layout of the map soon, next week's bulletin maybe? Definitely getting some vibes of Halo PC maps, which isn't a bad thing. A bit of Waterworks in there too.

I'd be willing to bet money that the Scorpion is replaced by the Wraith in matchmaking within a few months, though. Bungie made the same mistake multiple times with Scorpions in matchmaking and never learned from it either.

The Gauss seems much more tolerable, though. Projectile has a travel time closer to Halo 2's version and the rate of fire seems drastically slowed from the Reach variant.

neoism

smh

Risen

The irony is you watched this live..

I'm not sure what's more insulting, the idea you think I'm that old, or the idea that you think I actually know who those people are.

On an ON topic note:

The sounds are certainly heavy hitting, hope there is an audio setting to tune sound effects, voice, music, etc. individually. Sound great, but for head phone users is going to be a LOT of sound. Guns look GOOD, as far as shooting goes, colors are amazing, graphics look very good to my eye, at least in terms of going back in an art direction that I really liked for Halo. I'm happy to see the Scorpion and Gauss in game play. I'm interested in seeing more footage, particularly of the flag carrier. In one clip he appeared to be moving at default speed, in another, it looked a bit slower - not enough to be able to tell for me. Can't stand the fact that this is yet another short snippet... I want Blops 2 levels of MP footage. The game is about to go gold in weeks for heavens sake.

So I'm not understanding the changes to CTF from this Broll footage.
Are we going to get an explanation from 343 or is Bravo going to be the first responder?

The fact that people believe it says enough about the Halo 4 pre-order shenanigans.

Come on now.. Who actually believed some bullshit like AA's as part of a preorder bonus.. If anyone believed it, it was only cuz of the moment of hype and they didn't really think about it.

GET' EM ELLIS!

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Are we going to get an explanation from 343 or is Bravo going to be the first responder?

Expect lots of info directly from us regarding updated game modes at tomorrow's Halo 4 panel.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Tashi's troll actually had me wondering. I thought it was funny once I realized it was fake, though I definitely don't blame David for being pissed.

Changes

You can hold the pistol while carrying the flag
You can assassinate people with the flag
It tells you on your screen when you have the flag.

BigShow36

Tashi's troll actually had me wondering. I thought it was funny once I realized it was fake, though I definitely don't blame David for being pissed.

I don't think lyterboy has any grounds to be pissed considering thats exactly the kind of bullshit they've been putting in Halo.

Top Bottom