• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Uh, that would confuse players who won't know if they can enter a vehicle that has the other team's color on it. They already have enough to worry about, such as having to remember if they're carrying the flag or not.
Luckily they solved that problem, I mean half the time when I have the flag I totally forget I have it.

Why 343, why?

while I do like how exile looks, i still think haven looks the best out of what we've seen

Yeah- the ground textures look pretty low res and the AF looks to be very low on Exile. But, if those are concessions that they needed to make to keep a locked 30 fps, I'm more than OK with this. I doubt I'll spend much time staring at the ground when I'm playing anyway.

Nah, I just speak the truth; whether or not you guys chose to believe it.

But there's a way to deliver the truth without sounding like an overly aggressive punk.. Who's to say I don't agree with what you're saying? I'm simply pointing out how you say things..

I've learned to accept that no matter how much I bitch and moan about something that someone else does in which my opinion won't make any difference to them is just pointless to get worked up over..

Droid

You can't stop me from liking SWAT on Sword Base any more than I can stop you from loving Bieber.

Witty.

I never said that you couldn't like it, I said that it isn't a well-designed map. And it isn't, unfortunately.

@Unknown, I'm not being aggressive, at least not intentionally. Nor am I getting worked up.

Gui_PT

Sword Base defense force reporting for duty. If you don't like it, play SWAT, then like it.

ibaIMXBaxID9ND.gif

Yeah- the ground textures look pretty low res and the AF looks to be very low on Exile. But, if those are concessions that they needed to make to keep a locked 30 fps, I'm more than OK with this. I doubt I'll spend much time staring at the ground when I'm playing anyway.

As a visuals guy it will bother me for like the first week...
Then I'll get over it.

Was there a 343 mandate to make the medals as boring and small as possible, but thought giant redundant information on the screen was a better use of real estate?

I hope there's a "Gun In Your Hands" Notification I can turn on in case it slips my mind.

Vire

Just got back from the gym to see the lovely Exile footage.

Wish there was more, but looks great. Ground textures are a little weird though.

Portugeezer

Sexy map, though seems a little tighter than I would expect but hard to tell from little footage.

I lol'd at "flagsassination" but his voice still sounds weird, like he is talking into a glass.

New Vid said:

This wall does not look like a natural formation, I mean it looks sweet, but it makes me wonder if maybe this is part of one of the new Forge Environments?!

After looking at the screens I'm not too sure actually, we'll have to see!

Liking a map doesn't always equate to it being a good map.

I like Assembly, but I don't think it's a great map.

Well some would argue that it does, it just depends how you define good.

More specifically, you could define good as balanced, no bottlenecks, etc., or you could define it as fun.

Gunnerdude

Neo Member
Hopefully we get a full layout of the map soon, next week's bulletin maybe? Definitely getting some vibes of Halo PC maps, which isn't a bad thing. A bit of Waterworks in there too.

I'd be willing to bet money that the Scorpion is replaced by the Wraith in matchmaking within a few months, though. Bungie made the same mistake multiple times with Scorpions in matchmaking and never learned from it either.

The Gauss seems much more tolerable, though. Projectile has a travel time closer to Halo 2's version and the rate of fire seems drastically slowed from the Reach variant.

It seemed like with each Halo iteration Bungie kept making the Scorpion more and more dominant. They kept increasing its fire rate of the main cannon and increasing its speed. While the Scorpion should be the most powerful and "feared" piece on a given Halo battlefield, it also should be balanced enough to actually allow it to be placed in more than one (joke) gametype and one map for MP.

Time for hibernation... Wake me up on November 6th.

Seriously though, as an avid BTB battle player, I'm stoked to know that we'll get at least two good BTB maps.

And for those maps, we'll have 3 versions of Slayer to choose from!... ...

Then again, it's not exactly Bungie's/343's fault that much of the Halo community can't handle objective based games. Defending a flag spot, attacking a flag a spot, and sometimes creating diversions while not actually trying to kill the opponents is apparently just too much to process for some people.

Gunnerdude

Neo Member
Then again, it's not exactly Bungie's/343's fault that much of the Halo community can't handle objective based games. Defending a flag spot, attacking a flag a spot, and sometimes creating diversions while not actually trying to kill the opponents is apparently just too much to process for some people.

Hey communication is hard! And what about my montage clips?! how will I ever get those if the game ends!

Vire

For everything else looking so immaculately detailed, the ground sure looks like ass:

Qc9FG.jpg

5gPWy.jpg

Looks very odd. Hoping this will be fixed before launch.

u4iX

Stop complaining about how the ground looks. You're not even going to care during actual gameplay. If it makes the framerate smooth and more reliable, than that's a good thing.

You're not gonna think "wow, that grass texture looks so unrealistic" while you're getting lit up by machine gun fire during a match.

Vire

Stop complaining about how the ground looks. You're not even going to care during actual gameplay. If it makes the framerate smooth and more reliable, than that's a good thing.

You're not gonna think "wow, that grass texture looks so unrealistic" while you're getting lit up by machine gun fire during a match.

Wait so it's okay for you to complain about two buttons not being in the right position but I can't make a comment about the ground?

Fuck off.

Top Bottom