• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think lyterboy has any grounds to be pissed considering thats exactly the kind of bullshit they've been putting in Halo.
A pre-order exclusive ability would be taking it to a whole new level, though. It's not the same as helmets or weapon skins.

No, this one is if Blood Gulch and Sidewinder had a baby and only their good genes got passed on. It's my fave map.
: deep breath : I'M SO EXCITED.

JackHerer

I don't think lyterboy has any grounds to be pissed considering thats exactly the kind of bullshit they've been putting in Halo.

Meh, that is a bit harsh. Although I know what you're saying because there has been a lot of pre-order exclusives. Had me going for a second I do admit.

DeadNames

Banned
No, this one is if Blood Gulch and Sidewinder had a baby and only their good genes got passed on. It's my fave map.

Time for hibernation... Wake me up on November 6th.

Seriously though, as an avid BTB battle player, I'm stoked to know that we'll get at least two good BTB maps.

CyReN

Wgg6p.jpg

daedalius

Any word on changes to 1 sided objectives?

Something like 7.5 minute rounds per side, unlimited scoring; max 2 rounds?

So whoever scores more on their 'turn' would win?

I'm not really a fan of the current implementation of 1-sided objective.

Risen

silly pic

WHEW... I can rest comfortably now that I know there is a station for H4. Was so worried I wouldn't be more over saturated with useless content rather than an abundance of game play footage that accurately details the games many new features.

Sword Base was the redheaded stepchild of Boarding Action and Prisoner according to Bungie. Hopefully Exile being the direct child of Blood Gulch and Sidewinder means it lucked out genetically. :lol

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Sword Base was the redheaded stepchild of Boarding Action and Prisoner according to Bungie. Hopefully Exile being the direct child of Blood Gulch and Sidewinder means it lucked out genetically. :lol

Sword Base defense force reporting for duty. If you don't like it, play SWAT, then like it.

Havok

Any word on changes to 1 sided objectives?

Something like 7.5 minute rounds per side, unlimited scoring; max 2 rounds?

So whoever scores more on their 'turn' would win?

I'm not really a fan of the current implementation of 1-sided objective.
I don't really think the unlimited scoring is even necessary. Just having a 2 round limit would go a long way to helping it out. Unlimited scoring is weird because at the point that a single score has been made and the attackers have to try again, the sort of natural barrier that most of the asymmetric objective maps have between the sides has been broken by defenders falling back and trying to cut off the score, so the attackers have a harder time with the 'soft reset' because they might not have the same resources that they would at the start of the round. It's a little different in a symmetric gametypes because both sides are being played at once. I can't say for certain because I haven't ever tried it, but I suspect there would be a lot of base trapping, and it would remove one of the cool things that something like 1 Flag Zanzibar had -- the opening move was decisive, much moreso than in a longer round where a huge bet wouldn't pay off quite as well.

Reach's asymmetric failure is twofold: the asymmetric maps are poor and the opening moves take a long time to play out. Make better maps and have good player traits and that problem decreases quite a bit.

Sword Base defense force reporting for duty. If you don't like it, play SWAT, then like it.

I think if Sword Base didn't have those windows blocking the sides of the bases and instead provided some little cover (like Boarding Action), it would be a much better map for some other gametypes.

The Halo Wars player in me is getting mad about the name Exile.

Spawn on the front base ... steal enemy's empty front base and build turrets to troll

Profit.

<3 HW

nillapuddin

Okay, I really dont see why the vehicles that can be color manipulated are not in MP

Adding the red and blue to the hogs and gooses is very very cool. It should be in MP in my mind, hands down

I think if Sword Base didn't have those windows blocking the sides of the bases and instead provided some little cover (like Boarding Action), it would be a much better map for some other gametypes.

Spawn on the front base ... steal enemy's empty front base and build turrets to troll

Profit.

<3 HW
Rage...
building...

Learn to accept responsibility for your own mistakes. It's not anyone else's fault for reading what you incorrectly write. And you reiterated your claim to TrueSkill's inadequacy at skill ranking multiple times (despite the fact that this is its entire and sole purpose) in specific replies to specific rebuttals. TrueSkill. By name. If there's an onus to step up comprehension, it's not on us.

As someone who read the entire conversation your posts where the ones lacking in clarity. It was pretty clear what he meant the whole way through but you seemed so confuse matters by just continuously pointing towards the trueskill algorithm, would have been a lot cleaner if your first post basically said: trueskill works great to find matches as this maths proves, but so far developers have failed to really utalise the data to provide a good ranking system.

Sorry to step in, but your tone with the guy is overly harsh and concending. I do agree with you abouy what you said, Btw regarding trueskill.

Anyway can't wait to check the new halo goodness.

feel

Looks very pretty, reminded me of Halo 3 a bit with all the color and lack of AA spam, just people shooting their guns and running each other over with vehicles.

Best thing was the single piano note when the logo pops up at the end, felt like Marty was back for a split sec.

Masterful trolling Tashi, I loled for real.

Okay, I really dont see why the vehicles that can be color manipulated are not in MP

Adding the red and blue to the hogs and gooses is very very cool. It should be in MP in my mind, hands down

Uh, that would confuse players who won't know if they can enter a vehicle that has the other team's color on it. They already have enough to worry about, such as having to remember if they're carrying the flag or not.

Top Bottom