• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Please stop bitching about the grass. I swear, you fuckers will find absolutely anything to complain about. There's an extremely high chance that this is yet another build that hasn't had the final polish put to it. There's plenty of things in this game to be wary about, and the grass not looking like it does in your parents front yard shouldn't be one of them.

Risen

People post trufskilz examples every day. Individual experience DOES matter no matter what you think.

The problem is not TrueSkill's ability to place a relativistic skill value... it's the loose matchmaking paramaters allowing widely disparate values to match.

The things people post reflecting terrible team mates, or wide gaps in wins or losses have typically nothing to do with TrueSkill getting it wrong - it's a match making system allowing loose matches to decrease search time in a game with relatively low populations.

Vire

I have to say those mountains and it's formations looks fucking amazing. Just wow.

Yeah, the actual environment is great, the mountains are really beautiful looking. Reminds me of classic Halo. (Beaver Creek)

It's just a shame that the ground textures stick out like a sore thumb compared to it.

Maybe some anisotropic filtering would improve it greatly, I dunno, or it's just the textures themselves.

Just a bit disappointing compared to quality we've been getting from 343.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ya know I don't get people like you. Why so sensitive? If it makes you feel better I will remind you that I'm still getting this game and I'm sure I'll enjoy it but those textures (or lack thereof) stick out like a sore thumb especially when everything else looks great. To not say something would almost be a crime.

Why are you so sensitive to grass textures? Shit is fucking bananas if you think about it in the big picture.

Also, thanks for the pics Duncan.

CyReN

from Halogaf.com

wpid-20120831_115237.jpg

wpid-20120831_115152.jpg

wpid-20120831_115210.jpg

wpid-20120831_115151.jpg

wpid-20120831_115202.jpg

wpid-20120831_115052.jpg

wpid-20120831_115201.jpg

wpid-20120831_115029.jpg

edit: beaten:(

My friend and I were pondering this yesterday. Halo 2 meets COD 4 taking the best of both.
Ermergerd.

Not only that but think about it in terms of Halo and the fps genre. If this game turns out good, it'll completely reinvent Halo like CoD4 did for CoD. Also, if it also feels refreshing, hopefully it'll draw in so many people like CoD4 did and the cycle of Halo can be reborn once again.

To be honest, Reach is the closest Halo will ever get to CoD in terms of how it feels/plays. Halo 4 seriously just looks like a glorious Halo game with newer standards mixed in.

Please stop bitching about the grass. I swear, you fuckers will find absolutely anything to complain about. There's an extremely high chance that this is yet another build that hasn't had the final polish put to it. There's plenty of things in this game to be wary about, and the grass not looking like it does in your parents front yard shouldn't be one of them.

Or it could just be shitty textures, which wouldn't surprise me one bit. Nothing to cancel your pre-order over.

Some people here (not you) seem to think this game is the second fourth eighth coming of Jesus, which in some ways is just as annoying as people singling out every little flaw. It's a game running on eight-year old hardware. It'll have some flaws in the graphics department. The fact that 343 got it looking as well as they did is astounding, but don't expect too much, either.

Map reminds me a bit of Timberlands/Ridgeline. I like.

Not only that but think about it in terms of Halo and the fps genre. If this game turns out good, it'll completely reinvent Halo like CoD4 did for CoD. Also, if it also feels refreshing, hopefully it'll draw in so many people like CoD4 did and the cycle of Halo can be reborn once again.

To be honest, Reach is the closest Halo will ever get to CoD in terms of how it feels/plays. Halo 4 seriously just looks like a glorious Halo game with newer standards mixed in.

Lol what?

H4 is the closest to CoD yet. Reach isn't even close.

Yeah, I think not.

Lol what?

H4 is the closest to CoD yet. Reach isn't even close.

Pretty much. No matter what 343 says, you can't deny the CoD influences on Halo 4.

u4iX

Shoutouts to Bravo for using the stuff that's new in this PAX build like the BR and Promethean Vision. Never seen those before...

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It looks like there's a waypoint over the enemy's head when they have your flag...? At 3:40.

Top Bottom