• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Nando13

Autosentry is a stationary bot that shoots at enemies, fairly powerful. Vulnerable while deploying. Lasts about 30 sec, easily destroyed. - TimeGlitch

1245227615_colin_farrel.gif

What if the flag is not a flag at all, and in fact a Promethean voodoo staff? It imbues you with greater speed, but binds to your soul unless you can bring it into contact with another. You don't wanna know where the pistol comes from.

It would've been better if the flag itself could be the gun. Brap brappin' and the bottom of it becomes the barrel.

Pretty sure all the settings seen can change. 343 must have had a reason to use this setting.

Maybe its because alot of people trying out the game will be casually focused gamers so the "pros" cant juggle the flag etc.

Also i doubt the not seeing your secondary will make it to the final build.

Seriously chill the fuck out people.

That doesn't add up that you cant drop the flag, there must be some explanation to this confusion or game change. The Waypoint above Flag Carrier, im not even worried but would like to have clarifications anyways.

u4iX

It would've been better if the flag itself could be the gun. Brap brappin' and the bottom of it becomes the barrel.

There is no skill... er, spoon.

Pretty sure all the settings seen can change. 343 must have had a reason to use this setting.

Maybe its because alot of people trying out the game will be casually focused gamers so the "pros" cant juggle the flag etc.

Seriously chill the fuck out people.

Agreed, let's get back to the important topics.

Who's still mad about the grass?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
People who worry about deployable turrets havent played games with deployable turrets.

It will be okay guys.
Yeah, I'm actually not worried about the sentry. Sounds no more offensive than jetpack, camo, hardlight shield...

u4iX

This game is gonna be so fucking weird, and I mean that in a good way.

No half measures, I'm glad 343 just said "fuck it" and made this game their own instead of making half assed changes and being careful about what toes they stepped on.

Props for them having balls this size. Can't wait to play the damn game.

No half measures, I'm glad 343 just said "fuck it" and made this game their own instead of making half assed changes and being careful about what toes they stepped on.

Amen brother.

Honestly the flag thing (If final) really isnt that big of a deal. Just a new feature to get used to. Hardly gamebreaking.

Although some reactions in here suggest cancelled pre orders :/

Also.. Dat tank sound. Fantastic.

nillapuddin

People who worry about promethean vision havent played games with promethean vision.

It will be okay guys.

(not trolling, blacklight retribution)

Yeah, I'm actually not worried about the sentry. Sounds no more offensive than jetpack, camo, hardlight shield...

NOPE!

jetpack is gunna be nerfed remember, jetpack will be balanced, jetpack will not cancel pre-orders
plz plz plz plz plz plz plz

Gunnerdude

Neo Member
The Halo World is ending! Up is down and Down is up! Flags can't be dropped and Oddballs can be thrown like a basketball! EMP gernades are now orange and produce a power drainer! The Banshee still looks like the Reach Model and no one knows what other "suprises" are in store!

AND I'M NOT EVEN USING INVERTED CONTROLLS!

Some clarification is needed.

https://twitter.com/Zkiell_/status/241626615971475457

Confirmed, can't drop the flag.

ypno6.gif

People who worry about promethean vision havent played games with promethean vision.

It will be okay guys.

(not trolling, blacklight retribution)

Night and day.

Honestly the flag thing (If final) really isnt that big of a deal. Just a new feature to get used to. Hardly gamebreaking.

Although some reactions in here suggest cancelled pre orders :/

Also.. Dat tank sound. Fantastic.

im not sure the whole "not being able to drop the flag" idea is enough for someone to cancel the pre-order, unless they only play CTF. even then I don't think its enough. it would be a giant over-reaction.

I just don't understand the reasoning behind it.

Kibbles

Love the vibrant look of this game <3.

But no flag dropping? You're joking. You're joking. You've got to be joking.
tumblr_m9lofkNBXr1qfoj4do1_500.gif

Hopefully they still kept the option to flag run in MP like they allowed in Reach's custom settings.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I take it they are waiting in line for Halo 4, I'm sure someone from 343 they somewhat know is there when they get towards the front of the line they can ask. Not that hard to figure out Tash;)

Oh ok. I just thought you were directly replying to the Lars comment.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

I don't really understand this line of thinking. Not all changes have to be drastic. In many cases, 343's changes evoke the old adage : If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Halo 4 looks awesome in many ways, but I'm not going to celebrate the integrity of 343's vision when so many of the changes are arbitrary or damaging.

u4iX

I don't really understand this line of thinking. Not all changes have to be drastic. In many cases, 343's changes evoke the old adage : If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Halo 4 looks awesome in many ways, but I'm not going to celebrate the integrity of 343's vision when so many of the changes are arbitrary or damaging.

I think CTF plays best with the Halo 2 style flag juggling and return system. No bones about it. I think the flag mechanic is MORE broken if you can wield a pistol with unlimited ammo and drop/juggle it though.

BigShow36

If you really can't drop the flag then that will be hilarious.

About a month ago I was concerned about Halo and CoD coming out at the same time because I wanted to have alone time with both. Now, it looks like the decision just keeps getting easier and easier.

I'm assuming the no flag drop, if true, is the result of some inane attempt to make objectives more "team-oriented" or some garbage like that.

Gunnerdude

Neo Member
If you really can't drop the flag then that will be hilarious.

About a month ago I was concerned about Halo and CoD coming out at the same time because I wanted to have alone time with both. Now, it looks like the decision just keeps getting easier and easier.

I'm assuming the no flag drop, if true, is the result of some inane attempt to make objectives more "team-oriented" or some garbage like that.

Don't worry, you get a week to cry in the corner over a picture of Halo 4 before CoD launches.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I think CTF plays best with the Halo 2 style flag juggling and return system. No bones about it. I think the flag mechanic is MORE broken if you can wield a pistol with unlimited ammo and drop/juggle it though.
Yeah. And I have no doubt Halo 4 will be fun, including the new CTF. We'll see how the carrier waypoints, inability to drop the flag, the flagnum, and all the other numerous changes play out. My first (and second, and third) impressions are pretty negative, though.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Map looks a little cluttered but at least there's not many rolling hills to fuck over the warthogs.

I actually like there are a lot of "distractions" on the map and not that it's so fucking wide open. Seems like it will make vehicle driving require a lot of skill. My warthog driving skills are up for this challenge.

Top Bottom