• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Overdoziz

Banned
Oh god, not the Concussion Rifle. I really don't want to be thrown around without the ability to aim properly because my entire screen is shaking. The Brute Shot is better in every single way.

cocamola

Banned
A1rDcKnCcAAEEVq.png:large

Minecraft is Inconsistent.

mhi

Looks like the Flag mechanics were "improved" to reflect the way COD handles them.

343 is gunning for the gen pop. which COD rightfully took from Halo 3 and Reach; let's see how that turns out.

Voltron64

Looks like the Flag mechanics were "improved" to reflect the way COD handles them.

343 is gunning for the gen pop. which COD rightfully took from Halo 3 and Reach; let's see how that turns out.
But in call of duty when you carry the flag you can use your primary weapon.

???

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Concussion Rifle is back? But not the Nade Launcher?

damn.

That honestly blows my mind.

Grenade launcher no one uses but was useful.

Concussion rifle, no one uses and it's a piece of shit troll weapon.

343- lets get rid of the grenade launcher and keep the purple bullshit slinger.

Fracas

#fuckonami
You know, maybe Hydra's onto something.

I mean, we have several weapons that could be considered redundant of each other (Shotgun-Scattershot, DMR-BR, AR-Storm Rifle). Maybe the Grenade Launcher and Brute Shot are coming back? Something to think about.

That honestly blows my mind.

Grenade launcher no one uses but was useful.

Concussion rifle, no one uses and it's a piece of shit troll weapon.

343- lets get rid of the grenade launcher and keep the purple bullshit slinger.

Seems to me that the grenade launcher simply wasn't accessible enough, so they replaced it with something that was.
RIP Nade Launcher.

I mean, we have several weapons that could be considered redundant of each other (Shotgun-Scattershot, DMR-BR, AR-Storm Rifle). Maybe the Grenade Launcher and Brute Shot are coming back? Something to think about.

Frankie told us that it wasn't in.
Why would he tug at our heart strings like that??

u4iX

The Concussion Rifle is really good for me. I like it better than the grenade launcher.

It's a 2 shot body shot kill and if you know anything about Quake using the momentum and adjusting your aim properly makes it a very controlling and powerful gun.

See, if the GL was there, that'd be my line of thinking. Everything else suggests expanding the existing roles slightly with tweaked weapon differences but then you have complete omissions and it throughs the whole thing off.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Seems to me that the grenade launcher simply wasn't accessible enough, so they replaced it with something that was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0QQGc9kS2c&list=UUR_Gu9uB5kK78QuacYHONdA&index=31&feature=plcp

That was shortly after release, it wasn't hard to use, and it wasn't useless as all hell like the concussion rifle is.

I've literally never seen a "cool" use of the concussion rifle. I've never even seen it in a montage.

The Concussion Rifle is really good for me. I like it better than the grenade launcher.

It's a 2 shot body shot kill and if you know anything about Quake using the momentum and adjusting your aim properly makes it a very controlling and powerful gun.

Shut your blasphemous mouth right now.

Don't even use concussion rifle and quake in the same sentence you bad person you.

Concussion rifle is shit.

Fracas

#fuckonami
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0QQGc9kS2c&list=UUR_Gu9uB5kK78QuacYHONdA&index=31&feature=plcp

That was shortly after release, it wasn't hard to use, and it wasn't useless as all hell like the concussion rifle is.

I've literally never seen a "cool" use of the concussion rifle. I've never even seen it in a montage.

Shut your blasphemous mouth right now.

Don't even use concussion rifle and quake in the same sentence you bad person you.

Concussion rifle is shit.
Hang on a sec, I know just the thing. Let me find it.

edit: Boom. Gatdamn. You should watch the whole montage, he does more stuff with the concussion rifle. In fact, watch all his stuff lol. It's really crazy what this dude does.

DeadNames

Banned
Why hasn't anyone taken pics of the loadout customization yet?

And the more I think about it, the less not dropping the flag bothers me.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

edit: Boom. Gatdamn. You should watch the whole montage, he does more stuff with the concussion rifle. In fact, watch all his stuff lol. It's really crazy what this dude does.

He used it by exploiting it's weak as fuck use as a weapon to "rocket jump" up a wall.

Fuck that weapon, it's nothing but a "troll" device. It's the equivalent of being stunlocked by a cleric/paladin in Everquest.

/nerd

Well, what do you want to know?

We have every loadout option known to us already.

Duncan said he spent like 5 minutes in the menus also, theres hope!

He also said he has 20min of video he's gonna upload.

DeadNames

Banned
Well, what do you want to know?

We have every loadout option known to us already.

Duncan said he spent like 5 minutes in the menus also, theres hope!

I just want to see the new primaries.. I haven't seen any news about any primaries, except the Light Rifle.

Well shiver me timbers!

Anyone else see Locus helmet in the pics Cyclone uploaded?

u4iX

He used it by exploiting it's weak as fuck use as a weapon to "rocket jump" up a wall.

Fuck that weapon, it's nothing but a "troll" device. It's the equivalent of being stunlocked by a cleric/paladin in Everquest.

/nerd

The Concussion Rifle is good if you're good. It's very much a "denial" like weapon, but again, 2 shots to the body and the player is dead... Not entirely sure how that's weak.

Why hasn't anyone taken pics of the loadout customization yet?

And the more I think about it, the less not dropping the flag bothers me.
Imagine being in position with a sniper rifle to stop the last remaning resistance from the other team in order to get a flag cap. Your teammate with the flag dies right next to you. You have the sniper reticle right on the enemys head as the flag lands near you and you automatically pick it up. You can't drop it, you can only fire with tbe pistol and you die because of it.

Wouldn't that suck?

LD2k

Neo Member
The Concussion Rifle is good if you're good. It's very much a "denial" like weapon, but again, 2 shots to the body and the player is dead... Not entirely sure how that's weak.
Can't wait to drop my flag to combat that weapon... oh wait.

DeadNames

Banned
Imagine being in position with a sniper rifle to stop the last remaning resistance from the other team in order to get a flag cap. Your teammate with the flag dies right next to you. You have the sniper reticle right on the enemys head as the flag lands near you and you automatically pick it up. You can't drop it, you can only fire with tbe pistol and you die because of it.

Wouldn't that suck?

Welp... Never thought about it that way :/.

Yeah, I change my mind. I hope the flag properties in at PAX are just for demoing, and don't reflect the actual game.

nillapuddin

I just want to see the new primaries.. I haven't seen any news about any primaries, except the Light Rifle.

I thought you just meant you wanted to know what they were, I am also very anxious to see the full primary sandbox, hopefully if there are any lingering Covie or Protein weapons well know soon, but I kinda have a feeling this is final

Assault Rifle
Battle Rifle
Carbine
Designated Marksman Rifle
Lightrifle
Storm Rifle
Suppressor

u4iX

Wouldn't that suck?

You don't press X to pick the flag up, it's auto pick up?

I can probably count on two hands the amount of times I've been killed by nade launcher outside of MLG.
And I'm a forerunner, I play a lot of MM.
Now maybe that is an exaggeration, but not by that much.

I personally love the Nade launcher, it is my favorite reach weapon.
But it definitely isn't easy to use, it is a skill weapon.
And for a skill weapon it was used little, compared to something like the sniper rifle, another skill weapon.

However it is beloved by the people who use it, and we will miss it.

And you're missing out if you haven't seen this montage, concussion rifle is used quite often in it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4qDPsPvSNQ

Edit: oh hey vid was mentioned above! great tastes mosterfracas!

DeadNames

Banned
I thought you just meant you wanted to know what they were, I am also very anxious to see the full primary sandbox, hopefully if there are any lingering Covie or Protein weapons well know soon, but I kinda have a feeling this is final

Assault Rifle
Battle Rifle
Carbine
Lightrifle
Storm Rifle
Suppressor

Ahhhh the light rifle... Fell in love with it when I saw it at E3. I hope to see it in action, and I can't wait to use it... Even if it sucks.

When is the Halo 4 site going to be updated... Gosh diggity darn.

Wouldn't that suck?

That's a rare scenario. I got your back.

Say you're defending your flag. You see someone sneak into your base. Instead of engaging them so they don't get a touch, you wait until they pick it up and can only fight back with a pistol... No abuse there.

Or how about going into a base with Rockets to clear the base out for an easy flag run, but, after you fire the first rocket, you strafe over the flag and pick it up, thwarting your attack?

Assault Rifle
Battle Rifle
Carbine
Lightrifle
Storm Rifle
Suppressor

EeFLw.png

Are those variants of the BR and DMR? Also, it says 15/15 unlocked.

Edit* They are skins. So it seems thats it for the weapons.. 6 Primaries, 3 secondaries.

Computron

That's funny, because just a few clips after the one you showed is a new technique that I have never seen,
which makes the grenade launcher even more awesome than it already was (The best gun in it's class).

iLYSOb6yr7tgZ.gif

JEEESSUSSS!

You don't even have to shoot the enemy with your nades,
you just immediately become a baller by holding that shit.

*sigh* Maybe you'll be able to do cool things with the sticky launcher?

feel

I wonder if any Campaign stuff will pop out during this weekend? I'm tired of reading about this trainwreck of multiplayer and thinking of unsubscribing until the middle of next week or something.

Top Bottom