• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Probably mentioned already but:

• Flag Reset has a timer now.

Also I appreciate Eli's enthusiasm in this vid of his.

Blueblur1

Jet Pack shoots you up like 2 and half stories but is immediately drained.

Beam Rifle looks awesome.

Suppressor looks like its junk.

Pulse Grenade are gonna take some getting used to.

Banshee still has the gross Reach design and looks slightly more agile. They need to bring the H3 Banshee back...

IHaveIce

Banned
The Vid is good he tries some stuff, Beam Rifle is back is good.

Banshee looks a little bit difficult to navigate.

He has to shut up.

CyReN

nLAmM.png

xsKKp.png

DeadNames

Banned
The Vid is good he tries some stuff, Beam Rifle is back is good.

Banshee looks a little bit difficult to navigate.

He has to shut up.

Regen field is Drop Shield on roids... Wish he had tried the light rifle... A hard Banshee is good... We don't want another monster.

kylej

Banned
why is Halo 4 map design so terrible. that map is like a giant open arena with grey Forge-esque objects thrown all over the place and a bunch of hallways in random locations. where's the flow? where are the choke points? why is it so big and incongruous? less is so much more with Halo maps.

I really hope the Halo 4 panel is uploaded quickly tomorrow. I can't stand this waiting game!

But, still, we have some small teasers to hold us over.

isxVrgETBB2lY.gif

Yum. Hope new footage is posted soon.

To say something postive, I dig the map that I've seen. Looks like it plays pretty well for the Team Objective standard 5v5, with plenty of paths for both on-foot players and vehicle usage. I don't know if the Gauss Hog or Scorpion tank should be there, but maybe they just want you to try it out.

And the gunplay IS good, as are lots of the visual effects. There's a good core Halo game in there...somewhere...

blamite

Oh god. That Eli video. I was totally onboard with the 343 defense force or whatever before, but so many of those things in that video are just terrible. Terrible.

Banshee is exactly the same?
Regen Field?
Auto Turret?
Explosives perk?
Active Camo AA?

WHY

Oh god. That Eli video. I was totally onboard with the 343 defense force or whatever before, but so many of those things in that video are just terrible. Terrible.

Banshee is exactly the same?
Regen Field?
Auto Turret?
Explosives perk?

WHY

I just want to say your avatar is perfect for this post, and this is maybe the first(and only) time I ever complimented a MLP avatar.

Aggrotek

Jesus you all complain a lot. I'm outta here for a while too much msg is bad for your arteries. Lurk mode activate.

Still <3 you guys!

Havok

Watching the video, a few thoughts:

- Flag return timer is excellent. Thank you guys for finally returning that to the long-range UI, it was dearly missed.

- Banshee seems just as bad as usual. Fuel rod is an abomination, both in a vehicle and as a separate weapon.

- Regen Field radius seems massive, I'm not sure anything's gonna change my mind on this one. Seemed like a bad idea in 3, seems like a bad idea now.

- Dude talks a lot, but at least he's showing us the stuff we want to see.

- Camo looks like it'll be as problematic as Reach's version since it doesn't seem to be changed very much.

- Exile seems like a really good map.

- Jetpack changes seem pretty good, will wait to see how it is used by griefers to pass judgement.

- That guy killed a Warthog with his pistol. Weird.

- Beam Rifle is a welcome return, I always liked the dynamic between the two sniper rifles' behavior.

- Very, very strange that the prebuilt loadouts were all automatic weapons. Hopefully not indicative of matchmaking defaults.

I'm glad that we got to see all of this stuff, it raised as many questions for me as it answered. I still don't think we'll truly know how well this stuff works until a month or so after release, when everybody's got things unlocked and the usual assholes are trying to break the game. Early demo please.

TCKaos

343i has some explaining to do, methinks. If that Banshee isn't nerfed from Reach then I'll never set foot in Big Team. It's not worth it.

Thanks!
Wow well IDK how I missed that.
But meh, doesn't look THAT bad...
Of course I'd much rather the jetpack die with Reach but meh.

Active Camo AA on the other hand... why :(... why... :(.... whyyyyyyyyyyyy
Even has that stupid radar jammer.
I appreciate you letting me know a camo guy is around but it still doesn't help me see or hit him.
Wish Active Camo users still had auto aim when targeting them.

Great video, but no visual ranking system has me down about the whole thing.

We've known a visual ranking system isn't likely for several months.

Top Bottom