• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Bsigg12

I was joking, because basically he completed one action and earned four different pats on the back.

Ahhh, I see now. It is quite generous. Oh, and they seem to be ranking up at a blistering pace. Maybe it's because it's not finalized, but damn, it's gonna be easy to get to 50 if it stays the way it is.

blamite

Medals: Melee kill, kill with flag, flagsassination, assassination.
"FLAGSASSINATION!"
FLAGSASSINATION +15

The fourth one was a First Strike, you don't get melee kill medals from flags anymore (I don't remember if you did in earlier games).

I was joking, because basically he completed one action and earned four different pats on the back.

It seems silly, yeah, but from a stat-tracking perspective it's kind of cool. In the flagsassination, for example, the player gets a flag kill, and assassination, and a flagsassination. It seems redundant, but when you compile all your stats from a bunch of games it can let you see some cool information. How many flag kills do you have? How many of those are assassinations? etc. Like how you can get your sniper headshot percentage from sniper kills and sniper medals, it's a neat way to get extra information on how you've played.

I dont get why everyone says the core gameplay is still there. Game looks to play really weird, almost cheesy. I cant really explain it but that Exile video makes it look terrible.

mhi

While it may seem stupid for you, seeing stuff like this can excite a player (most they CoD crowd) and can make them want to keep on playing. Also for objectives if they get a huge bonus (in CTF its 100 for a capture) it makes players want to go for it more.

What exactly is exciting about the word GENERIC ?

343 needs to double check with their consumer behaviorist about that one.

Well, he did say it would excite the CoD crowd.

seinfeld.gif

So they added a timer to the flag, banshee move a little slower and the Flag carrier can use his/her pistol even in vehicles.

Warthog looks more like a Halo Reach's jeep now I wonder if there are more vehicles to be revealed later and thank god the vehicles have more a Halo 3 gravity like and did I see the Unicorn Armor in action ?

Ahhh, I see now. It is quite generous. Oh, and they seem to be ranking up at a blistering pace. Maybe it's because it's not finalized, but damn, it's gonna be easy to get to 50 if it stays the way it is.

Offline ranking up is always a shorter endeavor. It was the same with Reach I believe.

lilty

Why are you guys complaining about jetpack? If you look at the armor ability icon on his screen he flies up on top of the base but it runs out really quickly. Nothing compared to the spray and pray menace of Reach in my opinion.

Noricart

I dont get why everyone says the core gameplay is still there. Game looks to play really weird, almost cheesy. I cant really explain it but that Exile video makes it look terrible.

But you can still strafe!......

All in all I agree, the game looks a little offish lotsa variables going on. I still want to cling to the hope that the game will become a more class-based, team-based shooter and not cheesy, one-man-army CoD mode game. Yeah, sure, I'm using a different definition of cheese.

FyreWulff

I'm going to go decompress in my hotel room then I'll shoot you a PM.

Anybody that wants to, Halo Freeplay is on from 10am to 1pm in Console Freeplay tomorrow. It will be Vanilla Reach since the way the TU is setup, we couldn't have it be TU, so no ZB/85 LAN customs, sorry. It's casual meetup style LAN, so come by and say hi (Ghaleon, I'm looking at you), play a couple of games, help the Enforcer run the LAN with me, etc. I'll be wear the HALO.BUNGIE.ORG 2012 shirt (someone accidentally got burrito sauce on my .map shirt
me
) so I'll roll with that one now. I'm not up for the halogaf breakfast at this point so after that i'll see all of you at the Halo 4 panel edit: and the HBO dinner afterwards.

Why a re you guys complaining about jetpack? If you look at the armor ability icon on his screen he flies up on top of the base but it runs out really quickly. Nothing compared to the spray and pray menace of Reach in my opinion.
Bcuz they based on only theory and no practice. I enjoyed your FanExpo impressions, btw. Also another impression posted by CyReN of someone elses impressions confirming the nerfed jetpack.

FyreWulff

Also I signed up to be a contestant on the Harmonix Game Show at PAX, which will be streamed live, so I might be called up live on the internets and either be put in put in a category I know or implode in a cloud of hilarity.

ps. That line for Halo 4 is never ending. It cannot end. If you tried to plot it on graph paper, every tree in the world would die and your task would remain uncompleted.

Fracas

#fuckonami
After the terrible night I just had, I really don't fucking care anymore. They can do whatever they want, it's their game now.

You alright, man?

edit: watched the video again. Holy balls at that Beam Rifle. It's like the perfect love child of the Beam Rifle and the Focus Rifle.

Yeah, so that vid was about 100x better than Bravo's. lol seriously what was he thinking? Let's show off BR and Promethean Vision lol

So anyways, anyone up for some semi-buzzed halo?

So much to take in, but I like what I see in that Exile video, mostly because it looks lush, crisp, and the movement of spartan and vehicles have a nice flow. And the shiny.

3 months after release, who knows what this game will be like. Cheesing camo/snipers? Halo 4 equivalent of noob-tube builds? Team hardlight-shield rage-quits? Who knows? But with so many variables at work its anybody's guess how things will actually shake out.

So much to take in, but I like what I see in that Exile video, mostly because it looks lush, crisp, and the movement of spartan and vehicles have a nice flow. And the shiny.

3 months after release, who knows what this game will be like. Cheesing camo/snipers? Halo 4 equivalent of noob-tube builds? Team hardlight-shield rage-quits? Who knows? But with so many variables at work its anybody's guess how things will actually shake out.

I can't see any of that happening.

So those red things were Auto-sentries?

Can't believe we're still relying on off screen videos. There are games releasing after H4 that have shown off more in direct feeds :/

edit: watched the video again. Holy balls at that Beam Rifle. It's like the perfect love child of the Beam Rifle and the Focus Rifle.

These kinds of comments get weapons nerfed

:p

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Well, at least you're immobile/vulnerable (looking) when deploying that regen field, and it's not a "shield."

And that sentry seemed to go down real quick.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Can't believe we're still relying on off screen videos. There are games releasing after H4 that have shown off more in direct feeds :/

I'm convinced the whole cellphone camera/twitter fan impression-based info dripfeed is codified into their marketing directives at this point.

Ramirez

His video looked fun to me, I'm really hoping the gunplay just outshines the other changes to where it doesn't bring it down. Two months!

Is FW down over how bad Halo 4 is? lol

FyreWulff

I'm convinced the whole cellphone camera/twitter fan impression-based info dripfeed is codified into their marketing directives at this point.

For the record, you probably won't see much direct feed video off this build because apparently it came in very hot, hence why Madcatz got the old Comicon build of Spartan Ops so that 343 wouldn't have to babysit the Madcatz booth.

Don't quote me on that though, also I have a feeling they'll be in a state where they can start capturing media soon(tm).

After the terrible night I just had, I really don't fucking care anymore. They can do whatever they want, it's their game now.

?

Didn't enjoy the game, or other stuff?

Thats so great, we need that in higher quality.

Yeah, or something. Its insane that we are relying on fan impressions and off screen videos for confirmation of AAs, Weapons etc. Ah well.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
His video looked fun to me, I'm really hoping the gunplay just outshines the other changes to where it doesn't bring it down. Two months!
I just hope that if the feedback is negative that 343 does make changes and doesn't stick those changes into new playlists.

Havok

Exile reminds me of Valhalla, I have no idea why...
I was getting some Containment vibes. Side tunnels, trench in the middle with vehicles driving up above on the bridges, flat vehicle routes, elevation in bases.

The thing that evokes Valhalla to me is the giant metal wall on one side.

Both Longbow and Exile look very nice in comparison to recent BTB maps, hope they play as well as they seem.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
For the record, you probably won't see much direct feed video off this build because apparently it came in very hot, hence why Madcatz got the old Comicon build of Spartan Ops so that 343 wouldn't have to babysit the Madcatz booth.

Don't quote me on that though, also I have a feeling they'll be in a state where they can start capturing media soon(tm).

Yeah, considering these days and the amount of media events there are, the amount of pressure on developers to produce up to date builds, and distract from actual development, is getting a little bit silly.

The days of a single E3 media build and then develop for the rest of the year (and maybe hand out the odd screenshot or two to magazines) is long gone.

One of the videos showed a lovely flag related bug. The build must be smokin' hot.

Frankie and David are being unusually quiet. Only popping in to point out how uncool Tashi is. Must be biting their tongues for things to come tomorrow perhaps?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Frankie and David are being unusually quiet. Only popping in to point out how uncool Tashi is. Must be biting their tongues for things to come tomorrow perhaps?

Give them a break. Imagine the collective BO of the booth crowds and the sweaty chairs and being chained to those areas. Not easy.

Top Bottom