• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Frankie and David are being unusually quiet. Only popping in to point out how uncool Tashi is. Must be biting their tongues for things to come tomorrow perhaps?
Yeah, probably. And they're probably busy, what with PAX and all.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Frankie and David are being unusually quiet. Only popping in to point out how uncool Tashi is. Must be biting their tongues for things to come tomorrow perhaps?

I think that was before the booth actually opened up. Saw David posting a bunch.

And by uncool do you mean so cool?

Yeah, considering these days and the amount of media events there are, the amount of pressure on developers to produce up to date builds, and distract from actual development, is getting a little bit silly.

The days of a single E3 media build and then develop for the rest of the year (and maybe hand out the odd screenshot or two to magazines) is long gone.

One of the videos showed a lovely flag related bug. The build must be smokin' hot.

Are you talking about it getting stuck in the wall, or the animation bug at the end of the assassinations? Either way, those things aside the game is looking really really good..

I want to hear more impressions from Halogaffers.

Yeah, probably. And they're probably busy, what with PAX and all.

Saw Frankie sign into XBL earlier today. I was confused.

But usually they pop in and set something straight. I haven't seen much live tweeting from HaloGaf regulars either!

Stop having fun at my expense you guys!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Saw Frankie sign into XBL earlier today. I was confused.

But usually they pop in and set something straight. I haven't seen much live tweeting from HaloGaf regulars either!

Stop having fun at my expense you guys!

WHAT'S GOING ON??!?! MY WORLD IS CRUMBLING!!!!

lol :p

WHAT'S GOING ON??!?! MY WORLD IS CRUMBLING!!!!

lol :p

My feels. This guy knows them.

It's 6.30 and I can't sleep. Not Halo related or anything at least. Sleepless over Halo. That'd be the day.

I just wanna know about the animal teams! Will badgers and koalas make the cut?

What Regen Field on Exile looks like in DKR
377319_10151154231965559_1232473046_n.jpg

If there is one thing that bugs me visually, its that the lighting isn't really popping on Exile.. Im not sure if its the build or the map, but the armor and lighting come off looking more plain.

However, the game is still looking great, and those colors are awesome..almost like concept art.

DeadNames

Banned
Am I the only one excited for Halo 4? Sure, some of the changes are dumb (Jetpack, active camo, sentry, etc) but multiplayer looks fun and hopefully competitive.

Havok

http://i.minus.com/iblthKQ3EVI4c2.gif

4 meg gif that I won't img tag, for mobilegaf's sake.
That thing looks like it has such a huge radius. PAXgaf please test shield recharge speeds.
IGN has some new off screen footage up, though its like only 30 seconds worth and not very exciting. Still, they use the laser in it so thats something.
And it looks as silly as the laser has always been, sadly.

Also: "It's kind of reminiscent of the Halo 3 map Rat Race..."

IGN, folks. For the record, this looks dramatically better than Rat's Nest to me.

So...

Armor Abilities
  • Hard Light Shield: Allows users to a protective barrier of hard light which stops most small arms fire and some explosives.
  • Regeneration Field: Allows the user to release a short-range energy field that heals any nearby spartans.
  • Jet Pack: Allows users limited flight through a vertical lift propulsion system similar to that of EVA re-entry packs.
  • Thruster Pack: Enables a powerful burst of movement allowing the ability to evade or quickly close the gap.
  • Hologram: Allows users to generate an almost identical holographic decoy to to deceive enemies during combat.
  • Active Camo: Allows users to generate a visual effect astonishingly close to invisibility.
  • Auto-Sentry: An automatic turret which can be deployed to defend its user or command a key battlefield choke-point.
  • Promethean Vision: Allows users to predict enemy signatures through walls and other hard surfaces.

Tactical Packages
  • Shielding: Speeds up your armors recharge rate.
  • Mobility: Allows unlimited sprint.
  • Resupply: Allows the recovery of grenades from fallen allies or foes.
  • AA Efficiency: Increases the rate at which energy recharges for armor abilities
  • Grenadier: Increases grenade carrying capacity.
  • Firepower: Allows the use of a primary weapon in the secondary weapon slot.
  • Fast-track: Allows the user to advance quicker in rank.
  • Requisition: In modes with personal ordnance, requisition lets the player request new choices when an ordnance is granted.
  • Wheelman: Increases the long term durability of your vehicle as well as how it reacts to EMP charges.

Support Upgrades
  • Stability: Steadies your weapon while being struck by incoming fire.
  • Ammo: Increases ammunition capacity for both starting weapons and ordnance drops.
  • Dexterity: Speeds up reload and weapon swapping.
  • Sensor: Increases motion sensor range.
  • Awareness: Allows the use of motion sensors while using a scope.
  • Explosives: Alters grenade performance, increasing blast radius and decreasing grenade damage received.
  • Ordnance Priority: In modes with personal ordnance, offers more frequent ordnance drops to the user.
  • Gunner: Increases how long a mounted weapon can fire before overheating as well as movement speed with detached turrets.
  • --: --

One thing that bugs me about the Spartan IV armor...

Why are parts of the underarmor colored the same as the primary armor color, instead of black like the rest of the underarmor? It looks weird.

One thing that bugs me about the Spartan IV armor...

Why are parts of the underarmor colored the same as the primary armor color, instead of black like the rest of the underarmor? It looks weird.

I preferred when those parts were silver, rather than black or the team color.. Even so, I think the armor and undersuit look pretty nice.

So...

Armor Abilities
  • Hard Light Shield: Allows users to a protective barrier of hard light which stops most small arms fire and some explosives.
  • Regeneration Field: Allows the user to release a short-range energy field that heals any nearby spartans.
  • Jet Pack: Allows users limited flight through a vertical lift propulsion system similar to that of EVA re-entry packs.
  • Thruster Pack: Enables a powerful burst of movement allowing the ability to evade or quickly close the gap.
  • Hologram: Allows users to generate an almost identical holographic decoy to to deceive enemies during combat.
  • Active Camo: Allows users to generate a visual effect astonishingly close to invisibility.
  • Auto-Sentry: An automatic turret which can be deployed to defend its user or command a key battlefield choke-point.
  • Promethean Vision: Allows users to predict enemy signatures through walls and other hard surfaces.

Tactical Packages
  • Shielding: Speeds up your armors recharge rate.
  • Mobility: Allows unlimited sprint.
  • Resupply: Allows the recovery of grenades from fallen allies or foes.
  • AA Efficiency: Increases the rate at which energy recharges for armor abilities
  • Grenadier: Increases grenade carrying capacity.
  • Firepower: Allows the use of a primary weapon in the secondary weapon slot.
  • Fast-track: Allows the user to advance quicker in rank.
  • Requisition: In modes with personal ordnance, requisition lets the player request new choices when an ordnance is granted.
  • Wheelman: Increases the long term durability of your vehicle as well as how it reacts to EMP charges.

Support Upgrades
  • Stability: Steadies your weapon while being struck by incoming fire.
  • Ammo: Increases ammunition capacity for both starting weapons and ordnance drops.
  • Dexterity: Speeds up reload and weapon swapping.
  • Sensor: Increases motion sensor range.
  • Awareness: Allows the use of motion sensors while using a scope.
  • Explosives: Alters grenade performance, increasing blast radius and decreasing grenade damage received.
  • Ordnance Priority: In modes with personal ordnance, offers more frequent ordnance drops to the user.
  • Gunner: Increases how long a mounted weapon can fire before overheating as well as movement speed with detached turrets.
  • --: --

Cool, thanks.

blamite

It's pretty much guaranteed that there are only alternate skins for starting weapons, right? It would've been cool if you could get them for other weapons too. Obviously they couldn't apply to the "random" spawned weapons, but it would be cool to get custom weapons from your ordnance drops.

Basically what I'm saying is I want a fancy Needler.

I preferred when those parts were silver, rather than black or the team color.. Even so, I think the armor and undersuit look pretty nice.

Armor and undersuit does look nice, but the matching team color thing is still strange to me. Especially considering it's the same material as the undersuit. Dunno.

Halo 4:
dcpjR.jpg

Quick and dirty edit:

bdIU1.jpg

Solid black seems more traditional. Guess I'm just used to it being that way, so that's why it looks weird to me with the team color.

^Armor looks way too thin like that.. I'm actually glad they did that not only because it gives the illusion that the armor covers more than it does, but because it just looks unique to me.

FyreWulff

?

Didn't enjoy the game, or other stuff?

Not Halo related. I have not played halo 4 at pax yet and probably will not since I don't want to burn precious pax hours on a game I'll be able to play before launch anyway. Seriously, that line is ungodly long.

For the record, I watched it from outside the booth and the game looks butter smooth and rock solid framerate wise. Cellphone video doesn'tdo it justice
Answering Pm's in a moment, using someone's iPad. The Sheraton computers downstairs have hellacious lag while typing. Don't even know how that is possible.

Slaker117

Back from PAX. Had a lot of fun with fellow HaloGAFfers, even if my time ended on a disappointing note. Halo 4 was fun. Not being able to drop the flag is weird, but the core gameplay is solid. Don't know how to quantify it, but the aiming and movement and everything just feels right. Armor mods all seem to be mild. I'm sure a few of them will end up being annoying, but from my limited experience they are largely not a big deal. Did not get enough time with all the armor abilities to get a sense good sense of them, so those are still a source of some concern. Exile seems like a decent map from the games I played on it, but it's hard to judge so quickly. Feeling pretty optimistic on the game overall after getting hands-on time with it. Looking forward to playing more tomorrow.

If you guys want to ask any questions, I'll try my best to answer.

Slaker117

Repost for new page.
Back from PAX. Had a lot of fun with fellow HaloGAFfers, even if my time ended on a disappointing note. Halo 4 was fun. Not being able to drop the flag is weird, but the core gameplay is solid. Don't know how to quantify it, but the aiming and movement and everything just feels right. Armor mods all seem to be mild. I'm sure a few of them will end up being annoying, but from my limited experience they are largely not a big deal. Did not get enough time with all the armor abilities to get a sense good sense of them, so those are still a source of some concern. Exile seems like a decent map from the games I played on it, but it's hard to judge so quickly. Feeling pretty optimistic on the game overall after getting hands-on time with it. Looking forward to playing more tomorrow.

If you guys want to ask any questions, I'll try my best to answer.

Top Bottom