• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

We've (I've) only seen the flag carried with one other weapon -- the magnum. Is this the only weapon that can be 'flag wielded'? If so then what if you don't have one on you, do you get given one? Can we change that in custom games (remove weapon, or set it to something else). I've got a crazy idea that involves rail guns, flags and trait zones...

inheritor.png
Hahaha, nice.
The Covenant is my favourite halo campaign mission.

edit; dead GAF is dead. Everybody must be asleep.

Ken

Back from PAX. Had a lot of fun with fellow HaloGAFfers, even if my time ended on a disappointing note. Halo 4 was fun. Not being able to drop the flag is weird, but the core gameplay is solid. Don't know how to quantify it, but the aiming and movement and everything just feels right. Armor mods all seem to be mild. I'm sure a few of them will end up being annoying, but from my limited experience they are largely not a big deal. Did not get enough time with all the armor abilities to get a sense good sense of them, so those are still a source of some concern. Exile seems like a decent map from the games I played on it, but it's hard to judge so quickly. Feeling pretty optimistic on the game overall after getting hands-on time with it. Looking forward to playing more tomorrow.

If you guys want to ask any questions, I'll try my best to answer.

Story time.

Really looking forward to thorough and detailed explanations on the regen drop, camo and jetpack abilities. Please don't tell me camo users still scramble other players motion trackers; why should I have a vital part of my HUD disabled for practically the whole game (ala Reach) just because somebody else clicked A on something before the game even started?

Loving the return of the Beam Rifle. Man there are going to be a LOT of weapons in this game.

IHaveIce

Banned
So how many hours till the Panel? 14 ?

Does anyone do a live blog?

The video was good, but the main things that worry me are still in.

Sooo..uuhm small thing, but where is the secondary weapon indicator?
funny how they add a bunch of indicators that are unnecessary as fuck for the noobs ( warthog seats, CARRYING THE FLAG) but don't show which weapon you have on slot 2.

feel

It's a bit obscured to see what's it about, but Heckfu's shirt in that picture seems like the sweetest of shirts. It coupled with the beard looks boss as hell!!

Still pretty mindblown at David Ellis' transformation.

Pop

So how many hours till the Panel? 14 ?

Does anyone do a live blog?

The video was good, but the main things that worry me are still in.

But aren't these gametypes/playlists just in the new mode Infinity? And we get classic gametypes/playlist in H4. That's what I'm hoping is the case anyway. Nevertheless, the game is looking sexy.

Holy shit, these read like Pompey striker stats. ; )

I'm kidding mate, I didn't mean to hurt you. <3

If you didn't say you were kidding you just might've done ;)

Super Slayer even more garbo when it's population is 146. Still, glad Living Dead got the boost it so sorely needed with the credit jackpot!

L1NETT

Can't wait till Halo 4 MM starts slowly removing AA's (maybe perks) from playlists a la Reach.

I hope that normal team slayer only has a few armour abilities, whilst "Classic" playlists have none. Bung em all in Infinity Slayer. Hopefully no jetpack and camo in team slayer.

The grenade nuke perk plus the ability to pick up grenades might mean the return of Reach esque nade spamming, which is a combo I am not looking forward too.

Noob combo + Jetpack + Grenade pick up ability + Grenade nuke perk.

Edit: Resupply + Explosives are the correct terms.

:/

I hope that normal team slayer only has a few armour abilities, whilst "Classic" playlists have none. Bung em all in Infinity Slayer. Hopefully no jetpack and camo in team slayer.

The grenade nuke perk plus the ability to pick up grenades might mean the return of Reach esque nade spamming, which is a combo I am not looking forward too.

Noob combo + Jetpack + Grenade pick up ability + Grenade nuke perk.

Edit: Resupply + Explosives are the correct terms.

:/

You probably won't even notice it. We've got grenade indicators now, and faster strafe acceleration, so nades will be much more akin to Halo 3 than Reach, even with said abilities.

I'm liking all these write-ups, it's nice to read different perspectives about the game. They are all missing one thing though...

Needs more Light Rifle gameplay and analysis!

Agreed.

JHall

I'm liking all these write-ups, it's nice to read different perspectives about the game. They are all missing one thing though...

Needs more Light Rifle gameplay and analysis!

Fuchsdh

You probably won't even notice it. We've got grenade indicators now, and faster strafe acceleration, so nades will be much more akin to Halo 3 than Reach, even with said abilities.

Agreed.

Indeed. Not to mention the amount of grenade spam would require *everyone* going for the grenade upgrades.

I think with the indicators, faster speeds and supposedly reduced default radius, there's not going to be that issue.

u4iX

Is that thing OHK?

Frankie, David, please explain why this weapon is in the game.

I know why, but I want to hear the "official" answer.

Basically this weapon's "sandbox role" is to make kids who are terrible and sniping, feel like they're good at sniping.

This weapon, in addition to the changes we've seen to game modes, has me excited to play but frustrated as a fan of the more "traditional" style of Halo.

I'll try to read through most of the last thirty or forty pages before I have to go back to work. For any of you GAFers that are at PAX and have posted impressions, link them to me on Twitter or here so I can add them into the OP (if you want). Hitmonchan, I stumbled upon (one of?) yours.

Plus I would like to read them. :) And I wouldn't want to accidentally miss one. I have another 11+ hour shift today, so this goes for any impressions you guys will post today too.

The beam rifle looks awesome

I miss the old design :(

In scope it looks ugly as hell, whats with the tunnel vision?

Seems like theres lots to catch up on! How does the promethean nade work? If that emp's vehicles it would be crazy

Haha that suppressor gun looks awful. Why are most of the other load-outs AR's? I would be so pissed if I wanted to try all the stuff out and was limited to one loadout that allowed me to experiment that I couldnt change after the start of the match.

Timer on the flag itself is awesome.

neoism

I'm convinced the whole cellphone camera/twitter fan impression-based info dripfeed is codified into their marketing directives at this point.

well it did nothing but give us bad impressions of the game with info that isn't correct... shame really.. Shame they aren't supporting Reach much lately.....

For someone that loooves Reach I'm hoping for a classic playlist.... putting more and more and more variables in a match itn't going to make it play better. More chaotic is more like. Most of that is from people playing it for the first time and we will all be there too....

I've only liked
The Beam Rifle
unlimited Sprint
and not much else.

A year from now they be changing shit with another TU to please us fans instead of getting it right the first time. I see alot from BF3 and the skins idea is lol...

But o'well until they stop with the shit videos and show me what I'm buying...no point in caring.

Uhm so yeah, some pretty bad stuff in that eli video. Jetpack still looked bad and camo is pretty much the same as in Reach. Then there still are the regen field, auto sentry and a bunch of stupid looking perks.

Though I guess is good HaloGaf is liking the game so far.

Pop

Frankie, David, please explain why this weapon is in the game.

I know why, but I want to hear the "official" answer.

Basically this weapon's "sandbox role" is to make kids who are terrible and sniping, feel like they're good at sniping.

This weapon, in addition to the changes we've seen to game modes, has me excited to play but frustrated as a fan of the more "traditional" style of Halo.

Frank and David bailed along time ago. The footage quality was bad so I'm hoping they were all close to one shots.

meh it looks infinitely better than the worst designed gun in halo history though.... glad there is a forerunner sniper too.

Thats not a compliment :p

Old beam design>new beam design.
Binary Rifle looks awesome though!

Every time Elie say Ruh Roh I hope someone smacks him, sounds so stupid.

good to know the sleight of hand perk is in! that will really add to the overall halo experience and i'm sure it will improve it tremendous amounts! i cant wait until stopping power is announced!

Oh so you can modify loadout mid match? Thats interesting, and I kind of like it.

good to know the sleight of hand perk is in! that will really add to the overall halo experience and i'm sure it will improve it tremendous amounts! i cant wait until stopping power is announced!

:(

I really dislike the fact that it messes with base player speeds.

Top Bottom