• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Devin, post your phone number in hidden email tags. I don't know how to do it, but it makes it so only people who quote your post can see it.

mhi

You know all these conundrums of trying to fix 'teamwork' were easily accomplished in Halo 2 via a rank system.

When you hit lvl 28 and higher, you would find everyone was willing and able to to work together to win the match. Both due to the fear of losing their lvl and the prospect of moving up a lvl. In 4v4 if a person quit, the 3 reamaining would stay and try even harder to salvage a win.

But I guess that method of motivation is 'outdated'.

Caja 117

Just scrap k/d for objective. I'm okay w/ the +10 for kills for exp purposes- but k/d is misleading even in pure objective games and removing it helps thin out people wanting to exploit it.
Thats make sense, but then people will just troll to get the flag cap without the effort, no matter how you put it, a lot of of online players are prick and going to play like pricks no matter what, these changes are fun and nice because they have only been played on LAN (or 343 beta network) where there is no anonimity, once this hit XBL, then is going to be the same problem as it was before. maybe even worst.

nillapuddin

FRG takes up a comical amount of screen space lol

Untitled-4.png

IGN blows man, they have all these article and video links with no content, what the hell.

They never change.

edit: naturally oddball vid finally works when I bitch about and look like a jerk

Vire

Are the Oddball or Griffball videos not there anymore or something?

It's not loading for me.

EDIT: Hmm, one is working now.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
More TWW/H4 Spoilers.

Interesting mentions.

Didact, Master Builder, Esthetist.

Here's a lovely quote about
Didact.

"Didact sleeps and must never be woken."

Korosenai

They want spartan iv's to feel and act like beefed up superhumans, yet they arent able to drop a flag.

And now with oddball throwing, when youre getting shot and about to be killed, just throw the ball across the map to your teammate who isnt near a single enemy.

I still cant wait to own the game, and I cant wait to try all of these things, but no flag dropping and oddball throwing sound terrible.

Devin where have you been this weekend? Not at any of the meet ups? Or did I miss you?

I was at meet-ups and have been at PAX all weekend... I just didn't make it to breakfast this morning because last night was a wild ride and I didn't get to sleep until quite late.

We will probably be wandering around PAX tomorrow morning... Where have you been hanging out?

Havok

They want spartan iv's to feel and act like beefed up superhumans, yet they arent able to drop a flag.

And now with oddball throwing, when youre getting shot and about to be killed, just throw the ball across the map to your teammate who isnt near a single enemy.

I still cant wait to own the game, and I cant wait to try all of these things, but no flag dropping and oddball throwing sound terrible.
I dunno. Oddball has gotten very stale in recent games, unlike CTF or Assault on good maps. They first tried to mix it up with neat variants like Lowball in 2, and then again with Hot Potato in Reach. Note: Hot Potato is not a neat variant. Hot Potato is fecal matter.

I'll take ball throwing, which seems like it is a nice addition that behaves in a predictable manner and adds something truly different to the gametype, over a ball that explodes randomly.

The flag stuff is a bit of a different story for me.

A bunch of spartan IVs training in a holographic simulation of War Games. Anything goes.

But hey, if the Chief picks up a flag on Requiem that he can't drop I'll join you in calling bullshit ;P

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
So, I now understand why the Covenant - the Elites, are at Requiem.

Awesome. Makes perfect sense.

Another
Didact
related quote.

"Don't you see it? Requiem. That's where the Didact was hidden. That's where they say he waits."

Flipyap

More TWW/H4 Spoilers.

Interesting mentions.

Didact.

So, where are you getting these from?
I think after Primordium spoilers may become my preferred way of experiencing these stories. At least until one of them convinces me that it has enough content to fill a novel, not a sci-fi bug cookbook.

scently

I think after Primordium spoilers may become my preferred way of experiencing these stories. At least until one of them convinces me that it has enough content to fill a novel, not a sci-fi bug cookbook.

Amazon seems to have uploaded the whole book.

More TWW/H4 Spoilers.

Interesting mentions.

Didact.

So, I now understand why the Covenant - the Elites, are at Requiem.

Awesome. Makes perfect sense.

Another
Didact
related quote.

"Don't you see it? Requiem. That's where the Didact was hidden. That's where they say he waits."
My God... Sooo Goood N Sexy! :D

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

Check up above. :D

Wee.

Also, why the Covenant are at Requiem?

Religious Covenant rush to Requiem to try to obtain a Forerunner weapon cache, in order to match Humanity's technological superiority. And wake a sleeping god - Didact.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I was at meet-ups and have been at PAX all weekend... I just didn't make it to breakfast this morning because last night was a wild ride and I didn't get to sleep until quite late.

We will probably be wandering around PAX tomorrow morning... Where have you been hanging out?

Was at the dinner and breakfast meet ups. Must have just missed each other. :)

I'll be on the floor tomorrow. Staying at the Westin.

Kibbles

heckfu said:
"we have the ability to take screenshots of maps to include in the menu UI but have no comment as of now for forge."
Woo bout time. Forge maps without custom screens has been going on for too long.

Caja 117

A bunch of spartan IVs training in a holographic simulation of War Games. Anything goes.

But hey, if the Chief picks up a flag on Requiem that he can't drop I'll join you in calling bullshit ;P
So, is realist to have a training that force you to not drop the flag even if you have rockets and potentially save your team from an incoming Vehicle?

Gray Man

Banned
TTW/H4 Spoiler

The UNSC consider
Didact
to be a threat bigger than the Halos.

So are we confirmed to be fighting the
Didact
? Are you SURE?!? PM me or something.

MORE IMPORTANTLY, how many people, after the events know who the
Didact
even is! Cortana? MAYBE the Chief but I doubt it...? Guilty Spark is dead... I don't really know. Mendicant Bias? He is either dead, or just chilling on the Ark... sooo...
what then?

EDIT- Is there some livestream going on? Or is Slightly Live at PAX?

Top Bottom