• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

IHaveIce

Banned
Wont turn on? Freezes? Im in the beta also and Ive been having some console lag.

Yep won't load the dasboard, freezes at loading it. The Dashboard file is corrupted, my HDD is affected and my system files probably also said one Xbox Support agent.

Gray Man

Banned
So, I have a question for anyone who has played the game at PAX, or elsewhere. How is the lightrifle balanced? What are the properties of the gun, zoomed in, and out.

Also is there a list of weapons and descriptions of them anywhere?

darthbob

CyReN

I asked if we can have ranks in Grifball. I hope it gets answered. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the answer.

My F5 key hates me.

It is a bit disheartening to hear that 343 went all balls to the wall with Grifball but so far hasn't provided much for competitive players who are really, at least in my opinion, the ones responsible for Halo's success.

I know we aren't owed anything but still. :-/

We aren't the biggest, but we are the ones that play the game from day 1 to it's next release non stop with passion

In theory, could the tackle assassination result in some accidental suicides? Say, if you tackle a dude only to have both of you fall off a cliff, etc. I wonder if 343's taken this into consideration.

That assassination was in Reach, was it not? And falling over an edge never happened. :\

Holiday

Banned
Dat speech impediment, and still a superstar.
No it's where you realize you don't know what OG means, derp.

LOL. I used it as an adjective, in the same way that 'gangsta' is used as an adjective. Anyone with a 10th grade education in English could have told you that. Good try on the drive by, though.

Assassinations are now automatically done when you are close to an opponents back no button required. You cannot cancel this animation but you are given a pistol during the animation and can use their body as a shield. Sweet music plays during this time. While hot chick announcers say how hot you are.

I got an idea for oddball.

Guy is coming at you guns blazing, you're screwed with no teammates around. What do you do?

Throw the oddball at the enemy forcing him to hold the ball while you commence donging with your primary weapon and nades.

That's beautiful. If you have griefers in CTF, just use Hardlight Shield/Thruster/Warthog/etc to push them into the flag. Also leads me to believe that if Hot Potato returns, it's going to be crazy as fuck.

It's like football with guns bruh.

ALL ABOARD THE COLE
PROTOCOL
TRAIN, BABY

LOL. I used it as an adjective, in the same way that 'gangsta' is used as an adjective. Anyone with a 10th grade education in English could have told you that. Good try on the drive by, though.

i-didnt-choose-the-thug-life.jpg

IHaveIce

Banned
Assassinations are now automatically done when you are close to an opponents back no button required. You cannot cancel this animation but you are given a pistol during the animation and can use their body as a shield. Sweet music plays during this time. While hot chick announcers say how hot you are.

"YOU'RE SO FUCKING GOOD AT HALOOO" *monk chants in background*

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Damn, I guess this college degree is going to be useless. No need to get all mad bruh, you still used it wrong because you didn't know what it meant. There's no need to try to "try" to rationalize your way out of it. Also, I don't do drive bys, and if the day doesn't require an AK, it it good.

Edit: Just curious, are YOU that "someone" with a 10th grade education? ;)

That's beautiful. If you have griefers in CTF, just use Hardlight Shield/Thruster/Warthog/etc to push them into the flag. Also leads me to believe that if Hot Potato returns, it's going to be crazy as fuck.

ALL ABOARD THE COLE
PROTOCOL
TRAIN, BABY

I'm glad some people are seeing the genius of it.

Awwww, yeah.

Guy is coming at you guns blazing, you're screwed with no teammates around. What do you do?

Throw the oddball at the enemy forcing him to hold the ball while you commence donging with your primary weapon and nades.

Pretty sure 343i said that you don't automatically pick up the oddball like that, you have to "accept" the pass.

Damn, I guess this college degree is going to be useless. No need to get all mad bruh, you still used it wrong, because you didn't know what it meant, no need to try to "try" to rationalize your way out of it. Also, I don't do drive bys, and if the day doesn't require an AK, it it good.

Edit: Just curious, are YOU that "someone" with a 10th grade education? ;)

I'm glad some people are seeing the genius of it.

Awwww, yeah.

Can you imagine if Hot Potato gets some revisions to work with it too? Let's say you're playing Hot Potato on... Adrift I guess, 4v4. You're on the upper ledge of the mech room with the ball, your teammates just got picked off one by one and you're hoping to survive long enough for them to protect you. You see the entire enemy team's coming down the hallway you're sitting next to on your motion tracker; so what can you do?

Chuck the ball at a wall in the hallway and bank it into an enemy's hands.
BOOM
Oooooverkill!

Blueblur1

You should tell Bravo to ask them about this.

Holiday

Banned
Damn, I guess this college degree is going to be useless. No need to get all mad bruh, you still used it wrong, because you didn't know what it meant, no need to try to "try" to rationalize your way out of it. Also, I don't do drive bys, and if the day doesn't require an AK, it it good.

Oh neat, the 'don't get mad' fallback. I knew, and know still, exactly what it means. You tried to be a coolguy and call me out with a half-assed Princess Bride reference on a totally irrevelant subject, for no other reason than to show how clever you think you are. If I'm supposed to be the springboard for your e-peen, I expect you to do better.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hey Cagney and Shogun.
Shut up.

Hey Doziz TAKE A NAP!

You should tell Bravo to ask them about this.

Just did and linked back to the post if he needs clarification.

auto-pickup on oddballs too?!

ahahahahahaha

jesus christ.

Yep, from what it seems.

Oh neat, the 'don't get mad' fallback. I knew, and know still, exactly what it means. You tried to be a coolguy and call me out with a half-assed Princess Bride reference on a totally irrevelant subject, for no other reason than to show how clever you think you are. If I'm supposed to be the springboard for your e-peen, I expect you to do better.

Thank you for this, seriously, I can't stop laughing.

I don't think we understand just how crazy Oddball is now that you can throw the ball as far as you can. We won't see it for a long time either. Halo has a serious meta game now.

At the very least tossing the ball away from the enemy just got a lot easier.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I don't think we understand just how crazy Oddball is now that you can throw the ball as far as you can. We won't see it for a long time either. Halo has a serious meta game now.

That would be so awesome to tackle a dude off a cliff, plummeting to a heroic death worthy of the Gods.

Fancy fixed*

Ship it.

cocamola

Banned

Jetpack to an exploit spot, Teammate throws the ball up to you. Just sayin'

I for one would love to bounce on your meaty twelve-inch jimmy-john as you bust some sick rhymes and show everyone who's boss, bro.

kylej

Banned
Well amidst all this negativity, there is one thing we can all agree on, and that is Cortana's ass in Halo 4.

GOAT.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Jetpack to an exploit spot, Teammate throws the ball up to you. Just sayin'

Not even that. Anything too bad can just get patched out. I mean strategies evolving as people discover different set ups that allow them to toss the ball to teammates around the map. Think about positioning yourself to play ball in previous Halo games. You can play ball from a lot futher away now. There will be ball tossing paths discovered that fit into map setups. It will be insane.

LD2k

Neo Member
We aren't the biggest, but we are the ones that play the game from day 1 to it's next release non stop with passion
I agree. I would also say the competitive community - more than most others - know EXACTLY what they are looking for.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I thought the general sentiment was for everyone to first SEE and get a feel for how the game works then after a month or couple months in try a "hardcore/stripped down" playlist. I don't get why you guys are having mini-freakouts atm. Especially considering it's not as if the entire 343 team went out of there way to tweak an existing gametype to make it "officially" Grifball.

Tweaking a gametype is not on the same level as adding spectator mode.

Top Bottom