• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Why you so mad?

The irony of the question being put to me by a dude who's lamenting the loss of... a helmet from a game in his avatar is delicious.

Why am I mad in your dense little head?

You seem to think the presence of an EXP system completely implies the lack of any kind of ranking system that can work completely seperately.

Halo 3 had EXP and an progressive rank system. So did Reah, but you love to just forget about Arena because the population didn't pick up on it's silly playlist management.

heckfu

Banned
i decided i didn't want to engage with archedthunder after all, so i deleted my post.

his post history is rich with abrasive and trolling posts.

Truth be told, there is no evidence proving that there is not a numerical ranking system for xbox live that can coexist with the exp progression. Stop being such a killjoy.

Shhhh it's entertaining.

file.php

senador

Banned
What is that helmet? Looks like one that could be the default?

Keep talkin buddy, I think you have an amazing grasp on what is going on.
Tell me, why am I dense?

I don't think there be a visible skill based rank system in Halo 4, but you continually mix up profession and skill based ranks. They are not the same and the inclusion of one does not mean the exclusion of the other. Stop doing what you are doing.

The irony of the question being put to me by a dude who's lamenting the loss of... a helmet from a game in his avatar is delicious.

Why am I mad in your dense little head?

You seem to think the presence of an EXP system completely implies the lack of any kind of ranking system that can work completely seperately.

Halo 3 had EXP and an progressive rank system. So did Reah, but you love to just forget about Arena because the population didn't pick up on it's silly playlist management.
Halo 3's progression system is based around the Skill number, that is a completely different story. The Arena's ranking system isn't persistent and utterly failed.
Also there is no irony in the fact that I am disappointed in 343's choice to remove the very first Halo helmet, you are just grasping at straws for a comparison.
I hope to god you don't have children. Just imagine the Christmases....

Kid: Daddy I want an xbox for christmas!
AT: You only get one present this year. It's better to not get your hopes up.
Yes, because expectations for a video game totally apply to how I raise children. I'm going to leave now, not because of the argument, but because of that comment.

malfcn

Unrelated to 4, this is a Reach post.

I See You Favor a .45
Killed 10 enemies in a Firefight or Campaign session with the M6G pistol.

Just took a buddy through the entire Campaign, and he missed this.

GhaleonEB

I hope to god you don't have children. Just imagine the Christmases....

Kid: Daddy I want an xbox for christmas!
AT: You only get one present this year. It's better to not get your hopes up.

We've had comments in here like this and regardless of the context, it's pretty uncalled for. You can express your frustration without this kind of personal framing.

Aggrotek

Halo 3's progression system is based around the Skill number, that is a completely different story. The Arena's ranking system isn't persistent and utterly failed.
Also there is no irony in the fact that I am disappointed in 343's choice to remove the very first Halo helmet, you are just grasping at straws for a comparison.

Yes, because expectations for a video game totally apply to how I raise children. I'm going to leave now, not because of the argument, but because of that comment.

We've had comments in here like this and regardless of the context, it's pretty uncalled for. You can express your frustration without this kind of personal framing.

Totally not serious. But, ok.

NOKYARD

Keep talkin buddy, I think you have an amazing grasp on what is going on.
Tell me, why am I dense?
Would LOVE to stay and watch this play out but my girlfriend just pressed play on Serenity. Remind me to hug Nathan Fillion next time i see him. Only he could get her to watch science fiction.

I fucking can't stand it anymore, you don't have a clue what you are talking about. Halo 3 had two separate ranking systems. Two. 2. Two. the first was the 1-50 skill based ranking system. Skill based. The second was the exp based military rank progression system. Exp based. Got it? Take as much time as you need to read and understand that. Ask for help if needed.

The two systems can exist in tandem. It worked it Halo 3. Reach had a similar system with your Arena rank alongside and seperate from your exp rank (general, field marshal etc.) So far in Halo 4, an exp based system has been announced. That does not prevent a skill based ranking system from being implemented, and based on the historic precedence set by 3 and reach, we should expect a skill based system until explicitly told otherwise.

So yes, as so many others have said, stop being so dense.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Would LOVE to stay and watch this play out but my girlfriend just pressed play on Serenity. Remind me to hug Nathan Fillion next time i see him. Only he could get her to watch science fiction.

my wife actually likes (some) sci-fy but i never could get her into firefly.

Overdoziz

Banned
I have no idea what this worthless discussion is about but I do know that Arched's avatar looks awful with the NeoGAF dark theme.
Fix that.

How to get my halo fix. Reach sucks and 3 has horrible netcode.

Halo Wars! If you're a fan, it's always fun to go back and sandbag in 3v3s. If you haven't picked it up or whatever, the process of learning to get better is empowering once you start seeing results and new strategies.

Not sure about the population though, but I've never had any trouble finding games whenever I get the call ;]

I sold it. Felt it didn't have enough depth.

picardfacepalmp1.gif

Halo Wars! If you're a fan, it's always fun to go back and sandbag in 3v3s. If you haven't picked it up or whatever, the process of learning to get better is empowering once you start seeing results and new strategies.

Not sure about the population though, but I've never had any trouble finding games whenever I get the call ;]
I sold it. Felt it didn't have enough depth.

Not sure about the population though, but I've never had any trouble finding games whenever I get the call ;)

I actually really enjoy Halo Wars. It's alot of fun, until people start constantly rushing you at the beginning of every game D-:

To those who consider themselves a member of team downer: I need someone with recording software to rap for me. You don't have to be good at it. I'll provide the lyrics, tempo/melodies/etc are up to you.

EDIT: It doesn't have to be immediate either, you have plenty of time (several weeks).

DeadNames

Banned
To those who consider themselves a member of team downer: I need someone with recording software to rap for me. You don't have to be good at it. I'll provide the lyrics, tempo/melodies/etc are up to you.

EDIT: It doesn't have to be immediate either, you have plenty of time (several weeks).

Just out of curiosity, what for?

Sounds pretty funny.

I fucking can't stand it anymore, you don't have a clue what you are talking about. Halo 3 had two separate ranking systems. Two. 2. Two. the first was the 1-50 skill based ranking system. Skill based. The second was the exp based military rank progression system. Exp based. Got it? Take as much time as you need to read and understand that. Ask for help if needed.

The two systems can exist in tandem. It worked it Halo 3. Reach had a similar system with your Arena rank alongside and seperate from your exp rank (general, field marshal etc.) So far in Halo 4, an exp based system has been announced. That does not prevent a skill based ranking system from being implemented, and based on the historic precedence set by 3 and reach, we should expect a skill based system until explicitly told otherwise.

So yes, as so many others have said, stop being so dense.
I come back to see if people had shut up and I see this, yes I understand that you imbecile, maybe you should learn how to read. I'm done with this shit, I'm tired of dealing with people treating me like an idiot because they can't read or understand what the fuck I'm saying, instead inferring the stupidest shit. Don't even bother replying to this because I won't read it, I'm done.
I don't know why HBO is the only place I can have a civil conversation about Halo.
In b4 good-riddance.

nillapuddin

he will be remembered for participating in the
"Mk V 4ever Fanclub"
I knew there would be sacrifices along the way

Its gunna be okay, 61 Days, beli343

edit: these gifs are not fair, i mean, damn!

Top Bottom