• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hey man, FU.
uawd5m2am4.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So, from that last Bravo video, it looks like the auto-sentry works like this:

- As soon as you deploy, the meter surrounding the AA icon on your HUD starts depleting.
- It depletes much faster when the sentry takes damage.
- When it's 2/3 depleted, the AA icon turns red.
- When it's 1/4 depleted, the AA turns red and flashes with a !.
- Once the meter is totally depleted, I'm guessing the sentry is disabled or explodes.
- Once the meter is totally depleted, it instantly starts filling back up. It turns from red to blue when the meter is about half way full. I'm guessing this means that you can then deploy a new sentry, but that it will only have half health.

Edit : And from later on in the video, it looks like it shoots pretty slowly, though it's hard to tell.

Tonight was the weirdest but also most interesting night of Halo in a while. And that's MasterPwner 117 to you, Bregmann.

-GOKU

There's no need to obey his arcane name rules, you're in a safe place now Franklinator: he can't 1v1 us in here.

o jeeze

... we really did meet some weird ass people online today

dat wednesday afternoon crowd
wait.. what does that say about us?
Nothing that our registration at NeoGAF didn't already say.

We concluded that Emma Stone is a 7/10.
This is the first time a post in a HaloGAF thread has made me mad in the real lifes.

DD-11

I'm still not sure how I feel about not being able to pick up dropped grenades.

Also, how does it fit the "lore" or "cannon" of multiplayer to allow picking up dropped weapons but not grenades?

I love it. I hated the grenade spam and melees, two wheels of the tricycle. Throwing grenades should be a strategic decision, not an impulse. Wading through dozens of grenades when you're trying to rush the enemy's position is mindless and annoying.

willow ve

I love it. I hated the grenade spam and meless, two wheels of the tricycle. Throwing grenades should be a strategic decision, not an impulse. Wading through dozens of grenades when you're trying to rush the enemy's position is mindless and annoying.

To me it was more about strategy. I kill a person today in BTB in Reach; do I have time to go scavenge for ammo/grenades or will that attempt get me killed? Now that everyone has a unique weapon and loadout this decision has been made for me.

And yes, I frequently run out of ammo for the DMR in BTB. I play a cautious support role when I go in with randoms.

willow ve

If you search Emma Stone in the Community side of GAF 3 of the 6 threads that appear in the results are OT5, OT6, and OT8. Good on you HaloGAF.
wtf happened in OT7 that Emma wasn't mentioned?

Wasn't Halo |OT7| The Dark Times? Too many juniors were getting banned for there to be any Emma Stone posts.

Yeah, you're probably right.

If you search Emma Stone in the Community side of GAF 3 of the 6 threads that appear in the results are OT5, OT6, and OT8. Good on you HaloGAF.
wtf happened in OT7 that Emma wasn't mentioned?
Wasn't Halo |OT7| The Dark Times? Too many juniors were getting banned for there to be any Emma Stone posts.

DD-11

To me it was more about strategy. I kill a person today in BTB in Reach; do I have time to go scavenge for ammo/grenades or will that attempt get me killed? Now that everyone has a unique weapon and loadout this decision has been made for me.

And yes, I frequently run out of ammo for the DMR in BTB. I play a cautious support role when I go in with randoms.

No way, you pick up grenades constantly, rarely does one have to go around looking for grenades.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I post about Halo 4, no one cares.

Someone posts an Emma Stone gif, a bazillion replies.

I post about Halo 4, no one cares.

Someone posts an Emma Stone gif, a bazillion replies.
WelcometoHaloGAFWednesdays.gif.

Thinking of Emma Stone's greatness has reminded me: the games of Halo 3 that I played today that weren't marred by connection issues were excellent. There were even multiple times when I saw the map we were about to play and I thought, "I like this map!".

It's been said before, but that does not happen in Reach. At all. So far it looks like people that have played Halo 4 actually like some if not all of the maps they have seen. Thank you 343.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Now onto Halo stuff. These impressions are making me feel much better about Halo 4 multiplayer. Don't get me wrong, I'm still skeptical, but I've always said as long as the core gameplay is still good...and these impressions definitely back that up.

Combine that with my mega-hype for campaign, and I cannot wait until November 6th. Hopefully Borderlands 2 can tide me over.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
what the fuck has this thread become

i'm never doing wednesdays again

Top Bottom