• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

heckfu

Banned
Now onto Halo stuff. These impressions are making me feel much better about Halo 4 multiplayer. Don't get me wrong, I'm still skeptical, but I've always said as long as the core gameplay is still good...and these impressions definitely back that up.

Combine that with my mega-hype for campaign, and I cannot wait until November 6th. Hopefully Borderlands 2 can tide me over.

You should totally take my word as gold. I've never, EVER, lied.

Fracas

#fuckonami
It's back in stock ;] Thinking about getting that, but idk if I wanna wait a few days to get it.. dun wanna get left behind ;'[
Aw sweet, didn't know it was back in stock. Thanks, man!
Watch out for Plywood! Quick, edit! :p
this'll balance it out
iqzYDKhDY5B0E.gif

http://halogafradio.spreadshirt.com/halogaf-radio-A10886281

I'll just leave this here.

Gonna be rock these (version with our names on the back) at NYCC.

Thanks to letters for providing all the graphics. Also, I'll be giving one away on the next episode.
Nice! Think I'll get one soon.

It's back in stock ;] Thinking about getting that, but idk if I wanna wait a few days to get it.. dun wanna get left behind ;'[

You could always join the suicide pact to wait until the 2013 bargain version (with all DLC packs) is released.

Forget who said they were involved in that pact. Sorry.

Sidenote: could one of you GIFmasters make a bailout.gif of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXEYwgOUl7c&t=24s

Also: HAPPY BIRTHDAY PLYWOOD. May your bans be short and your cloud storage space free and unlimited!

heckfu

Banned
Can I just say how proud I am I didn't completely gush all over Clinton in this thread the past couple hours? Man is a gorgeous man-genie that harnesses beautiful progressive powers.

Also, Halo. And waking up early. Bye everyone.

senador

Banned
^^^ Well you just blew it.

Thanks for the new vid Cyren.

Does the Halo 4 sniper still wreck vehicles? I'm assuming no.

The Carbine still looked pretty good in it.

So, from that last Bravo video, it looks like the auto-sentry works like this:

- As soon as you deploy, the meter surrounding the AA icon on your HUD starts depleting.
- It depletes much faster when the sentry takes damage.
- When it's 2/3 depleted, the AA icon turns red.
- When it's 1/4 depleted, the AA turns red and flashes with a !.
- Once the meter is totally depleted, I'm guessing the sentry is disabled or explodes.
- Once the meter is totally depleted, it instantly starts filling back up. It turns from red to blue when the meter is about half way full. I'm guessing this means that you can then deploy a new sentry, but that it will only have half health.

Edit : And from later on in the video, it looks like it shoots pretty slowly, though it's hard to tell.

I think I noticed some of that stuff with any AA that take time to use?

That one looks alright. I'll probably just stick to thruster. I'm not too excited on it though either.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I've been meaning to ask this for weeks: what's with the dotted k avatars?

Oh yeah, happy birthday Plylock. <3

CyReN

Will there be a way to disable auto-pickup for Flag/Oddball? -CyReN CE

At launch and in the launch playlists, we will be deploying CTF as-is. Although it’s possible in the future that we will give players more specific control and choices, this is something we feel pretty strongly about – and is in some ways a new mode, rather than simply an evolution of an existing game type. We understand the reaction this may cause, but there’s method in our madness and we ask your indulgence in the short term.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Booo them not taking my question on if you can pass and catch the oddball while riding in the passenger seat of warthog or riding on the back of a mongoose!

I think that is a good question because it is something that would be so awesome.

Blissful

Neo Member
Lol, so many questions yet no answer about a skill based ranking system. I checked the forums and the question was asked 3x on the first page alone.

All I am asking for is a straight up answer. I hate waiting every damn week hoping/beli343ing that it will be answered.

Bsigg12

Was the armor that was available in the PAX build the full set? If so, why is there no Mark V armor? -ArchedThunder

The PAX build contains the full set of armor in Halo 4. In the final game, there are a variety of methods for unlocking armor and armor skins - ranking up, earning commendations, progressing through Specializations and completing goals on Waypoint. Some of the skins, helmets, and the FOTUS armor are exclusive to various retail offers. Some of these items MAY become available to all players at a later date. We wanted to focus on the Spartan-IV armors for Infinity, maximizing the amount of variety across the armor designs. However, we did want to include a reward for completing the Campaign on Legendary, so we decided to use the Mark VI armor as that reward. While we'd love to include every historical variant of the Chief's armor, it's just not possible to fit more armor sets into the available memory.

Well this is an interesting development. More at 9.

Makes LA Noire faces look like potato puppets.
I know Kyle already covered this, but I feel it needs to be stated again:

NOPE.
Bungie didn't start on Noble until after Reach shipped, and before that all they knew they were making DLC-MEDIUM, DLC-BIG, and DLC-INVASION.
Bungie started Noble in August, prior to the release of Reach.
So, from that last Bravo video, it looks like the auto-sentry works like this:

- As soon as you deploy, the meter surrounding the AA icon on your HUD starts depleting.
- It depletes much faster when the sentry takes damage.
- When it's 2/3 depleted, the AA icon turns red.
- When it's 1/4 depleted, the AA turns red and flashes with a !.
- Once the meter is totally depleted, I'm guessing the sentry is disabled or explodes.
- Once the meter is totally depleted, it instantly starts filling back up. It turns from red to blue when the meter is about half way full. I'm guessing this means that you can then deploy a new sentry, but that it will only have half health.

Edit : And from later on in the video, it looks like it shoots pretty slowly, though it's hard to tell.

It didn't shoot or damage shit the few times I used it. Definitely not something to be worried about being OP or anything.

Oh, and from the bulletin, I forgot to mention we got to play a CTF match with OT. It was pretty nice to get another 60 seconds instead of just, boom tie.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
We&#8217;re incredibly excited to host our CTF hopper at launch, on November 6th. Here&#8217;s a preview of our planned settings.

Mode : 2 Flag CTF Only
Teams : 5v5
Time Limit : 12:00
Score Target : 3 Captures
Overtime : 60 seconds
Ordnance : Initial and World
Maps : 5 non-forged maps, tuned for CTF

A CTF specific playlist for Halo 4? Am I understanding that right?

Holiday

Banned
Will there be an option to turn off the white text notifications in the middle of the screen? -The Yanix

No, but the fact is that it “vanishes” after a few plays. Ask people who’ve played a lot. This is something we spent a lot of time on and is true of many “intrusive” UI, audio and dressing aspects of the game – they provide vital information for certain types of players and quickly vanish for frequent players in terms of intrusion. They were designed, tested and tweaked to achieve this. Watching other people play is almost counter to how it feels in practice.

This is frustrating. If the notifications are designed to become invisible to experienced players, then why not just provide the option to actually make them invisible? The goal they hope to achieve by not having an option would be better attained by having an option. Visible for players who want the notifications, truly invisible for those who don't--I don't see why this is distasteful to 343.

Top Bottom