• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Well explain it, I'm not good at understanding things, especially without an explanation.

I'm not going to re-explain a post that's already pretty clear. If you can't figure out the post based off of the context of the conversation I feel bad for ya son.

I can only hope it's a community call and not a few individuals.

I keep thinking that I hope MLG or whatever playlist comes for the "pros" has most/all of the gameplay elements intact, but I keep remembering that it won't matter and the min/max will take over leading to the best possible loadouts being used for competitive play no matter what's allowed.

So diversity will mostly be non existent anyway. I honestly see that being LR/DMR down the road, as far as primary weapon.

Will be interesting to see what's what in a few months.

Robocop remake

looks like every fuckin' sci-fi armor in the world

and doesn't look like Robocop

fuck this earth

Looks like judge dread.

ya6EC.jpg

Robocop remake

looks like every fuckin' sci-fi armor in the world

and doesn't look like Robocop

fuck this earth

Tawpgun

The helmet is cool as fuck, the armor looks generic.

I wonder if they're keeping Robocop all stiff still, or if he's going to be more agile.

Apparently, a script leak said that they show a prototype for the Robocop suit, and it's a replica of the original. All the testers laugh at it, like it's a child's toy, and ditch it for this thing.

So they made sure to piss on the original before they did a remake.

Great.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Apparently, a script leak said that they show a prototype for the Robocop suit, and it's a replica of the original. All the testers laugh at it, like it's a child's toy, and ditch it for this thing.

So they made sure to piss on the original before they did a remake.

Great.

I wonder if this reboot will be as brutal as the original.

That warehouse scene is still fucking brutal by today's standards.

The 80s/early 90s has some fucking brutal action movies.

The helmet is cool as fuck, the armor looks generic.

I wonder if they're keeping Robocop all stiff still, or if he's going to be more agile.

2012 bro, he's going to move like the dudes in that latest G.I. Joe movie.

rip robocop

Speaking of things dying: if someone thinks competitive Halo is dead, does that mean they have a hole that only dong can fill?

I wonder if this reboot will be as brutal as the original.

That warehouse scene is still fucking brutal by today's standards.

The 80s/early 90s has some fucking brutal action movies.

Indeed, especially Verhooven's films. It'll probably be PG-13 like the Total Rehash that came out this year, to appeal to the widest possible audience/lowest common denominator, and be as slick and inoffensive as possible.

lol
That's a heat map issue. It's inarguable that it happens, but it's not lopsided and teams trade off lift room and main ramp all the time.
For whatever reason though, people vote for maps based on this flaw. People vote for Sword Base for a chance to camp the lift room, or vote for Uncaged to abuse jetpack. It happens in other games as well, spawncamps on Nuketown, Operation Metro in BF3 just because you can rack up points like it's going out of style.

Apparently, it is in the minority to not want to play maps that are amusable in some way, be it through heat map imbalance, ability abuse, or game system/investment system abuse.

I honestly don't know how to fix that, other than just having a perfect game that doesn't have any of that. That player behavior isn't just going to change.
An issue with harder preference options is you just end up with virtual playlists that exist inside other playlists. Much like if you had a hard option in Reach to only play DLC, you'd essentially be making 6 clones of each list - normal, DLC Noble, DLC Defiant, DLC Anniversary, DLC Noble + Defiant , DLC Noble + Anni, DLC Defiant + Anni. Instead of having 20 playlists you'd have, functionally, 120. Search times would go down the toilet.

You could have softer options that influence weights and not completely kill search times.
Not having 100 playlists immediately makes that situation way better. Better DLC integration, better connections, better party matching, better trueskill matches.
Heavies playlist confirmed.

Edit, speaking of playlists... I wonder how many Halo 4 will ship with (Do tell, Frankie!)
  1. Team Slayer
  2. Team Objective
  3. Big Team Battle
  4. SWAT
  5. Classic
  6. Infinity
  7. Rumble Pit
  8. Double Team
Already confirmed to have a CTF playlist.

What is Infinity? Please don't tell me that you want a separate Infinity Team Slayer playlist and a Team Slayer playlist.

Honestly, the Team Slayer playlist should just be Infinity Slayer. The masses will love Infinity Slayer and I had no issues with the personal ordnance, it's the global ordnance system that is worrying.
I read this and thought, please make Heavies its own playlist. It won't happen. It probably shouldn't happen. But it's like adding Team Snipers into the Team Slayer playlist. It's a distinct enough experience to be something entirely other than the game I enter the playlist to play.

Don't have Heavies in MM. Heavies in MM is not exactly the "streamlined" MM experience that Frank has been saying is a focus for H4. That's what customs are for.

Amazing Mic

Neo Member
lol

What is Infinity? Please don't tell me that you want a separate Infinity Team Slayer playlist and a Team Slayer playlist.

I *thought* Halo 4's official page listed both Infinity and TS under gametypes. Either it has been updated or I misremembered.

playlist should be
Infinity​
  • Slayer
  • BTB
  • Obj
  • FFA (regicide, etc...)

Classic​
  • Slayer
  • Obj
  • FFA
  • BTB

Will throw up if no Dubs.

Like like they were trying to copy Ironman's suit in the process

BTW, Feliz Dia de la Independencia for any fellow mexican around here!!!.

Enjoy the celebrations man. I had to leave a few days before the celebrations in Mexico City last year which was such a shame because of all the stuff I could see getting prepared for it.

soldat7

It's gotta be Halo 2-style matchmaking or PC-style. Anything in between (vetos, fragmented playlists, odd playlist fusions, etc.) just doesn't work.

u4iX

Infinity
  • Slayer
  • BTB
  • Objective
  • FFA
  • Doubles

Classic
  • Slayer
  • Objective
  • FFA

EXP Weekends
  • Griffball
  • Snipers
  • Action Sack
  • Infection
  • Swat

Fracas

#fuckonami
Team Slayer and Infinity Slayer will totally be 2 separate playlists.

I'm okay with that, depending on which one is on top of the list.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Thats too many. I would also be stunned if there are more classic playlists than Infinity. The story doesn't add up to that.

I don't know what playlists we're going to see, or if people are just posting their desired results, but I doubt we'll see a classic playlist for every "modern" playlist.

flamingshadows5

Neo Member
I really wish they would make an elite slayer playlist. That would be great. I don't know if enough people would wanna play it, i know a lot of people don't like it but dangit that would be fun for me.

Sai-kun

Banned
Will throw up if no Dubs.

yeah i'll be really upset if halo 4's in game soundtrack doesn't feature some dubstep or garage. at least throw in some nero or flux pavillion for the hell of it. who doesn't wanna kill covies to Bass Cannon?

Yes I read the quoted post, just what I though of first :lol. I too will vomit profusely if teamdubs isn't a playlist.

Uh...I...agree...

WLEbr.gif

u4iX

Infinity
  • Slayer
  • BTB
  • Objective
  • FFA
  • Doubles

Classic
  • Core (4v4 Team Slayer and Objective)
  • Squad (6v6 Team Slayer and Objective)
  • FFA

EXP Weekends
  • Griffball
  • Snipers
  • Action Sack
  • Infection
  • Swat
Edited.

But then you think about adding ranks, guests, and everything else. It'll be hard to pull of and keep things condensed, especially considering Infinity variants.

Talents

Banned
Edited.

But then you think about adding ranks, guests, and everything else. It'll be hard to pull of and keep things condensed, especially considering Infinity variants.

I'd prefer it if dubs was in Classic, or both, as that's one of my favourite games to play.

Top Bottom