• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

wwm0nkey

Syracuse022 said:
IAWTP.

patrick bateman.jpg

You guys see it too, right? Except instead of ruminating on Huey Lewis's "It's Hip To Be Square" he waxes poetic about packet loss and hitscan. And sausage.
You seriously should see the one im working on where it looks like Lukems is rubbing his shoulder :lol

Edit: Actually here I just finished it
Funny.jpg

Kapura

Banned
Gah, All of these podcast submissions are making me want the next bungie podcast even moreso than usual, if that's possible. The GAF ones have been pretty good, and we only make up a small fraction of the community. I can't wait to hear what others are doing.

Ssparks said:
HaloGaf Podcast Intros
Tashi
Demoncarnotaur
Letters
Sparks
Yeti
Kapura
darkressurection
Still adding new ones...

Unfortunately, I won't have the time to make a Podcast intro. :( I'm gonna be pretty busy this next week with work and stuff.

But I could still work on it periodically and post it some time down the road. I seriously think its awesome. I never really say that for songs I write. :lol

So remember how like there was a beta for Halo 3 and it had Snowbound in it and Snowbound was really fun, and then like, there was this game Halo 3 that came out that had Snowbound in it and it was the worst fucking thing ever? Is that going to happen again?

Son of Godzilla said:
So remember how like there was a beta for Halo 3 and it had Snowbound in it and Snowbound was really fun, and then like, there was this game Halo 3 that came out that had Snowbound in it and it was the worst fucking thing ever? Is that going to happen again?
Yeah

soldat7

derFeef said:
hope you guys like, here are all gifs.

reach_bamout.gif

Someone needs to "Bail out!" this gif.

Son of Godzilla said:

The nerfed Carbines really hurt Snowbound. The shield doors didn't help much either.

Alright guys, here it is. I know that this probably isn't the best submission out there but I put my (very meager) audio skills behind it. It was fun to make, even if it is a little janky. My love for Bungie knows no bounds!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QN2A26ufLk

Yes, I am fully aware it is terrible :(

Edit: Also the audio cuts off at the end on the youtube so here is a direct link to the MP3 where that isn't an issue Bungie Podcast Themesubmission.wav - 3.36MB

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Uhh, I'm not a 100% sure where to ask this, and since the mods don't seem to give two shits what you Halo GAFers say in your threads, I figured I'd be safe to ask here.

Does anyone know where to grab a 12 month Xbox Live time card for the cheap? For Super and the beta, so it's kinda on topic!

Mayyhem

soldat7 said:
Someone needs to "Bail out!" this gif.

The nerfed Carbines really hurt Snowbound. The shield doors didn't help much either.
I hated boundless just as much.

Hopefully tweaking a weapon wont kill any of the Reach beta maps :lol kidding

feel

Since the new Amazon page for halo reach legendary is displaying the thing on the top that says you have purchased it (with a link to the order), is it safe to say they are honoring it?? :lol

I mean, if they were gonna cancel them, they would have done it before putting up the new page eh?

Maybe I'm being too optimistic.

darkressurection said:
I think it's good. :D

Pennybags

darkressurection said:
Alright guys, here it is. I know that this probably isn't the best submission out there but I put my (very meager) audio skills behind it. It was fun to make, even if it is a little janky. My love for Bungie knows no bounds!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QN2A26ufLk

Not too shabby!
Better than anything I could do.
I'm quite tired right now, so I heard "the rest of the Bungie staff" as "the rest of the fucking staff", and it caused me laugh my ass off for some reason. Probably related to the
poorly censored
obscenities thrown about during the ViDoc. :lol

Letters said:
Since the new Amazon page for halo reach legendary is displaying the thing on the top that says you have purchased it (with a link to the order), is it safe to say they are honoring it?? :lol

I mean, if they were gonna cancel them, they would have done it before putting up the new page eh?

Maybe I'm being too optimistic.

I think it's good. :D
Thanks for the kind words, yours is super kickass!
Edit: Thank you as well Pennybags.:D

neoism

nilam01 said:
Yeah the human models were pretty awful :lol , but the actual texture quality wasn't that bad, it's the environment texturing that was unmatched.

halo 3
DSC00522-1.jpg

gears of war
cimg1444ge4.jpg
I love halo and all, but your forgetting Uncharted 2.... best textures in a console game I've seen!

Mayyhem

EvaPlusMinus said:
Uhh, I'm not a 100% sure where to ask this, and since the mods don't seem to give two shits what you Halo GAFers say in your threads, I figured I'd be safe to ask here.

Does anyone know where to grab a 12 month Xbox Live time card for the cheap? For Super and the beta, so it's kinda on topic!
To be honest amazon is the cheapest I've seen them for, and they periodically have deals on things like points and live subs (amazon.ca atleast)

Sucks that you missed out on the Netflix (I think it was) free 1 month exploit, people got years of free live :lol

Man I'm so excited for this. The beta is starting just as my finals are over, so it's perfect timing. Does anyone know if you will be able to play with multiple players on one TV in the beta, or is that a feature that is going to be saved til the final release?

Mayyhem

Shalashaska161 said:
Man I'm so excited for this. The beta is starting just as my finals are over, so it's perfect timing. Does anyone know if you will be able to play with multiple players on one TV in the beta, or is that a feature that is going to be saved til the final release?
IIRC you can do up to 4 players on one tv on the beta.

btw my finals are over right before the beta too, its awesome :D

Striker said:
Hope it's 3 players of four in Reach, but I doubt it. :(
h2 multiteam was the shit

can you imagine 4 teams of 3 elites with jetpacks and needlers? holy fucking shit that'd be awesome

edit: perhaps its because Descent 3 was my first multiplayer love affair, but I've been having wet dreams about needler + jetpacks since AA's were announced. Can't wait for that shit.

edit 2: no, its just cause I'm drunk

neoism

Mayyhem said:
This particular scene really reminds me of prisoner from H1

15ezh2t.png
Yes.. I'm soo happy Bungle finally gave that map some love. I know it only vaguely looks like Prisoner....I'm reminded of it everytime I look at it though. It's still my favorite Halo map ever... had sooo much fun on that map back in the day. lol

2real4tv

nilam01 said:
Yeah the human models were pretty awful :lol , but the actual texture quality wasn't that bad, it's the environment texturing that was unmatched.

halo 3
DSC00522-1.jpg

gears of war
cimg1444ge4.jpg

So you pick GeOW's worst to Halo's best...no imo GeOW is more consistant with better textures.

I have to admit I'm finding myself quite hyped for Reach. For me the series never really seemed to be able to recreate the amazingly fun experience I had with the first. The third was a definite improvement over the first and ODST was a fun diversion but neither really held my attention for a long time.

I do have to ask some fellow Australians; seeing as multiplayer is a major draw card for the series how does the matchmaking hold up for Halo in terms of latency? I had a bit of a limited experience with Halo 3 for a few games over a couple of weeks and found it was a little inconsistent. I'd have a few of good low ping games but certainly a couple at the other end of the spectrum as well.

I've just found matchmaking to typically be a major source of frustration for shooting games due to the ping issues. Some genres of games it's not an issue such as with Fifa it's perfectly fine to play a relatively high ping game against Europeans but that certainly isn't the case with shooters.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
I just want to commend everyone who has made submissions for the podcast intro, I have been trying and it is no easy task.

I am 100% positive that I could never be a sound engineer, thankfully that is not what I am going to school for. :lol

I will not be turning in a submission can't get anything that I would think of calling presentable. :lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Sword Base definitely reminds me of Prisoner...I hope it plays like Prisoner because it was my favorite Halo 1 map.

LQX

2real4tv said:
So you pick GeOW's worst to Halo's best...no imo GeOW is more consistant with better textures.
Also the Halo 3 one is taken off screen so it makes it look much better. Not a fair comparison.

EazyB

Banned
LQX said:
Also the Halo 3 one is taken off screen so it makes it look much better. Not a fair comparison.
So is the GoW one :lol

It's still a terrible comparison because that pixely mess is just a result of UE3 not loading the texture in all the way.

feel

Lets avoid comparisons and just focus on Halo Reach.
jaggies, nerfed water :(

Tashi0106 said:
Sword Base definitely reminds me of Prisoner...I hope it plays like Prisoner because it was my favorite Halo 1 map.
Hell yeah.

Fond memories of 4 player split-screen FFA on that place.

Top Bottom