• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

Dax01 said:
Speaking of which, uh, I think it's 16 more school days until I'm done with high school.:D

Edit - I realize I've done a whole shitload of complaining about the beta lately, and I'm sorry for that. It's really not me. Hell, I think I've complained more in these 19 days than I have in the past two years here at GAF. It's just that this whole beta has been so disappointing to me.

*sighs*

Ah well. There's always campaign, which is what I care most about anyway.:D

Yeah im in the same boat, I feel bad about complaining but at the same time want my opinion to be vocalized, ive tried to keep my posts balanced, but meh it always sucks whinging.

buuuuut... this is a beta, and some feedback is better than no feedback, im going to steal this from Hawty Mcbloggy:

The purpose of a beta is to solicit feedback on anything and everything. Once they get the feedback, they can then choose what to do with it, if anything. But to not offer your thoughts on anything you think needs improvement is defeating the purpose of the entire thing.

So yeah, while random bitching isnt gonna help, I think complaining about something now is better than not saying anything at all, I complain because I love.

NJ Shlice

Flying Elite

Screenshot.ashx

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/7937/reach1222847full.jpg

big ander

Popeck said:
Something strange happened to my enemies in Generator Defense. One enemy player managed to assassinate his buddy!
:lol That's unfortunate. Reach takes backstabbing to a new level.
Dax01 said:
Speaking of which, uh, I think it's 16 more school days until I'm done with high school.:D

Edit - I realize I've done a whole shitload of complaining about the beta lately, and I'm sorry for that. It's really not me. Hell, I think I've complained more in these 19 days than I have in the past two years here at GAF. It's just that this whole beta has been so disappointing to me.

*sighs*

Ah well. There's always campaign, which is what I care most about anyway.:D
8 school days, 10 actual days left for me. :D
And I sort of stopped posting because of how little fun I was having with the Beta. It's not awful, it's just not what I expected or wanted. But in the end my sentiments about the game are the same as yours: campaign will be more than enough for me to get my moneys worth.

chapel

Banned
Quoted for new page (for the lowly 50, I prefer 100):

HaloGAF Reach Beta Montage Call For Clips

Please PM me (on here) a link to any rendered clips you would like to see in a montage. Try to limit it to 10 unless they are related clips that give different POV or ancillary action to the scene. They can be awesome, omgwtfbb, funny, cool, whatever. Anything that shows off the beta would be cool, especially glitches that are unique or really funny.

Some specific clips I would like to see are:
  • Epic invasion moments (like capping the core by yourself just barely by the skin off your back)
  • Funny or crazy betrayals
  • Weird behavior or people playing oddly that is funny
  • Awesome assassinations (like from high bridge to the base on sword base)
  • And so on

Since the beta is coming to a close and all data on the website seems to be going with it, please get me the clips by the 19th so I can download them locally.
Ssparks said:
Edit: Also, If you want to be in this Dongtage and you need a clip rendered send me PM I gots some extra render points floating around

If you think they are good clips, just ask in the thread for them to be rendered, or of course send a PM to Ssparks.

People who have contributed clips so far:
  • Ssparks
  • Yeti
  • DeadFalling
  • GhaleonEB
  • ne0ism
  • Louis Wu
  • Gui_PT
  • CHEEZMO
  • NJ Shlice
  • Silly.Mikey
  • YOU!!

NJ Shlice said:
Flying Elite
That is an awesome picture...

I know it has been said countless times before, but this game looks fantastic. Overlook especially, I really enjoy the look of it.

I cannot wait for campaign, it will be fun having the freedom to explore (hopefully...)

Ramirez

This montage should be a real treat to watch, can't wait to see the pros of GAF laying it down in Halo Reach.

Is KyleJ banned? He sent me a hilarious message on Live yesterday, but I haven't seen him post in ages.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
chapel said:
Quoted for new page (for the lowly 50, I prefer 100):

HaloGAF Reach Beta Montage Call For Clips

Please PM me (on here) a link to any rendered clips you would like to see in a montage. Try to limit it to 10 unless they are related clips that give different POV or ancillary action to the scene. They can be awesome, omgwtfbb, funny, cool, whatever. Anything that shows off the beta would be cool, especially glitches that are unique or really funny.

Some specific clips I would like to see are:
  • Epic invasion moments (like capping the core by yourself just barely by the skin off your back)
  • Funny or crazy betrayals
  • Weird behavior or people playing oddly that is funny
  • Awesome assassinations (like from high bridge to the base on sword base)
  • And so on

Since the beta is coming to a close and all data on the website seems to be going with it, please get me the clips by the 19th so I can download them locally.

If you think they are good clips, just ask in the thread for them to be rendered, or of course send a PM to Ssparks.

People who have contributed clips so far:
  • Ssparks
  • Yeti
  • DeadFalling
  • GhaleonEB
  • ne0ism
  • Louis Wu
  • Gui_PT
  • CHEEZMO
  • NJ Shlice
  • Silly.Mikey
  • YOU!!

Here's a clip of me in Gen Defense. I pulled off an assassination on stairs that I have not seen yet, the Spartan jumps on the elites neck to break it with his feet. There's also a ground to air assassination where I jump up on the elite stab him in the neck then kick him to the ground where he bounces.

Wolffen

Shake Appeal said:
Noble Team giving their lives to secure the escape of The Pillar of Autumn.

True. I guess I've been too focused on what Nylund wrote in FoR to think of how they could impact PoA's mission/survivability, but now that you say that, I can see some options.

One interesting route they could take would be a
suicide
mission to infiltrate the Seeker of Truth, command ship of the Fleet of Particular Justice, in an attempt to cut the Covenant attack off at the head. This would give Bungie the chance to show 'Thel Vadamee in his prior role as Supreme Commander, before he became the Arbiter. It would be a nice link back to the other games.

This has probably been mentioned before, but the generators in the NT1 game type, are those meant to be the groundside generators that powered the orbital MAC cannons protecting Reach?

The new mode is fun.

Anyway, I enjoy this beta, never been fond of Halo MP though. At the moment, it has huge balance issues. If it gets fixed in the final game then it could become my main online FPS (on consoles at least)

Oh man I wondered into the Halo 3 thread by accident and theres some comedy gold in there, I think Nutter wrote a pisstake post about how "Because the laser isnt bad enough, Bungie are going to make a Rocket Luancher that locks onto infantry". :lol :lol :lol

Lazslo

Ramirez said:
This montage should be a real treat to watch, can't wait to see the pros of GAF laying it down in Halo Reach.

Is KyleJ banned? He sent me a hilarious message on Live yesterday, but I haven't seen him post in ages.
I think Jely did get banned, but I'm not entirely sure. Probably for being awesome.

I just rendered this clip and I realized it has alot of the aspects of Reach I absolutely love in it.
In Order:
-Crazy Jetpacking
-Awesome melee model
-Pistol
-Amazing Grenades
-My phenomenal situational awareness and skill :D

Schmitty

Ramirez said:

Yeah, he got banned over in OT for complaining about a long post. It was dumb.

Raide

Typical, all the good games I play I forget to force-save them. :lol

I did some Swashbuckling on Overlook.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=1323153

Its only a few seconds, can I please get a Render if anyone has some spare minutes?

Did this one pretty much when I first started playing. I still like it because of the second assassination, where the grenade throws him into the air for me. :lol

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=118367

I will have to play some more and get some better clips before 19th. My current ones are pitiful compared to the mighty HaloGAF footage. :D

big ander

Raide said:
Typical, all the good games I play I forget to force-save them. :lol

I did some Swashbuckling on Overlook.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=1323153

Its only a few seconds, can I please get a Render if anyone has some spare minutes?

Did this one pretty much when I first started playing. I still like it because of the second assassination, where the grenade throws him into the air for me. :lol

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=118367

I will have to play some more and get some better clips before 19th. My current ones are pitiful compared to the mighty HaloGAF footage. :D
Rendered. Turning the covenants weapons against them, nice.

Speaking of Headhunter...I don't play a lot of FFA in any shooter, but I really enjoy Headhunter. It's frantic and fun. I got a Skullamanjaro in my first game, and got an Overkill in my most recent game. Fun stuff.

I really really love Reach. So sad the beta is going to go away. Are our Reach File Shares going to be wiped?

Raide

big ander said:
Rendered. Turning the covenants weapons against them, nice.

Damn that was quick! Thank you! :D

I just love the clash. It means my custom game of jetpack pirates might actually come true! :lol

big ander

Raide said:
Damn that was quick! Thank you! :D

I just love the clash. It means my custom game of jetpack pirates might actually come true! :lol
:lol that gametype would be awesome.

Reach does have a lot of potential for fun custom games.

Raide

big ander said:
:lol that gametype would be awesome.

Reach does have a lot of potential for fun custom games.

I am planning on trying to make 2 boats of some kind, jetpacks and swords. Having some flag/core as the booty where the other side needs to steal and get back to their ship. Or maybe having 1 player as the Juggernaut Captain and his crew have to defend him. No grenades. :lol

I am still working on the details. Need the game to play with Forge! :D

StUnNeR H2K

Found this little graphical glitch on Sword Base while exploring around in theater mode. It's nothing that you would ever notice in-game since you are normally flying through the duct so fast, but you may only see it in theater. It seems like the textures on the walls and everything disappear when you put the camera at a certain point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEbMZMjPgRQ

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ramirez said:

:lol :lol :lol

Also, we should all go to Dax's graduation. How funny would that be if they called his name to go up and get his diploma and 50+ guys in the stands start screaming "DAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAAAAAAA DAXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :lol :lol

That would actually be kind of weird lol

Tashi0106 said:

Also, we should all go to Dax's graduation. How funny would that be if they called his name to go up and get his diploma and 50+ guys in the stands start screaming "DAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAAAAAAA DAXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :lol :lol

Or play the Halo theme!

zumphry

Banned
Dax01 said:
2egffq9.gif

That .gif basically sums up how I've reacted to the beta.

I think I've actually done that a few times. :lol

(Church and everybody else I've played with being the passenger)

Tashi0106 said:

:lol :lol

<3 you Dax :p

Now to play some more to get more stuff to bitch about in my complaints. Doubt I'll have enough space in a single post for the entirety of it. :lol (and to actually get clips from theater)

Top Bottom