• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

vhfive

divisionbyzorro said:
So...I really don't know what happened there. He e-mailed me the link, which I thought was to the clip, but it turned out to be the entire match. And it must have been the wrong match too - some poor soul wasted their 9 render minutes on that...

My bad - I should have verified the link first. I don't know who did it, but if you PM me I can paypal you back since I know render minutes don't come cheap.
10 render points is like a $1 I wouldn't worry too much about it (and no it wasn't me)

Also he didn't go into monitor mode he just lost his weapons because he was holding the flag when it got counted. Happens in Halo 3 when you score the winning flag cap in CTF.

chapel

Banned
Quoted for new page:

HaloGAF Reach Beta Montage Call For Clips

Please PM me (on here) a link to any rendered clips you would like to see in a montage. Try to limit it to 10 unless they are related clips that give different POV or ancillary action to the scene. They can be awesome, omgwtfbb, funny, cool, whatever. Anything that shows off the beta would be cool, especially glitches that are unique or really funny.

Since the beta is coming to a close and all data on the website seems to be going with it, please get me the clips by the 19th so I can download them locally.
Ssparks said:
Edit: Also, If you want to be in this Dongtage and you need a clip rendered send me PM I gots some extra render points floating around

If you think they are good clips, just ask in the thread for them to be rendered, or of course send a PM to Ssparks.

GhaleonEB said:
The chunks of debris scattering are actual geometry that lands, bounces, and sticks around after the explosion. I thought they'd fade out like the spray from a grenade.
Yeah I got splattered by one of those earlier :lol

dear bungie...i <3 your skyboxes and the tools that let me take these pictures. <3 <3

4610600016_f469b042f0_b.jpg

4610599652_ed09773b31.jpg

4609990583_724303c4ed.jpg

4610578926_06d2e005a7.jpg

EDIT: link to the originals

So how do these maps rank so far in terms of balance and competition? I know playing sword base I could imagine great teams camping the hell out of certain spots.

big ander

minasodaboy said:
dear bungie...i <3 your skyboxes and the tools that let me take these pictures. <3 <3

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1117/4610600016_f469b042f0_b.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1227/4610599652_ed09773b31.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1238/4609990583_724303c4ed.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4058/4610578926_06d2e005a7.jpg[IMG]

EDIT: [URL="http://www.flickr.com/photos/sawmillsergio/sets/72157623944520151/"]link to the originals[/URL][/QUOTE]
O_O
Those are awesome.
[QUOTE=DeadFalling]ok how are you people getting such good screenshots? are you cheating and editing them lol?[/QUOTE]
You can get a lot of cool lighting effects by messing around. Try going in and out of explosions and other ambient effects and focusing on something from inside there.

I have to wonder, since Bungie said their new IP was in development since 2007 if they arent trying things out in Reach. I mean, with the Activision deal they wont be touching Halo for 10 years so what do they care.

EazyB

Banned
Trasher said:
That happened to me today. -_-

@Eazy: That Ram kid sure kept dying a lot in those 20 seconds during that clip.
Get online, I'm trying to teach Ram how to properly control his shots for skilled and fun gunplay but he's practically helpless. He need two mentors.

RdN

I have huge problems finding a game in NT1.. it keeps searching for players.. then when it finds them the search restarts!

Is it just me or it's a common problem? All other playlists are working great and really fast.

Kapura

Banned
upon updating the Halo: Reach Guide PRO, I am confronted with the size. Holy shit, ninety megabytes! That's almost the size of one of the Bungie podcats! NJ Shlice, this is truly a labour of love.

zumphry

Banned
Church RvB said:
Deputy Moonman, Chapel, and Zayne, good games.

Slayer!
Slayer Pro!
I like options!
Fuck options!

:lol :lol

"This is why I wanted MLG to be in the Beta! I hate options! I hate fun!"
"Sprint FOR EVERYBODY!"

:lol :lol

i can not wait to explore in the campaign now/see what other environments reach has. this is leaps and bounds better than halo 3.

4610418137_01a3e0bbb3.jpg

link

also, i'm with whoever said that lag gets better over time in NT1. my first impression was TERRIBLE x's a million. now its silky smooth for the most part.

Jex

Invasion is all fun and games, until someone realises they can park the scorpion over the core. Even after the tank is destroyed, you can't get at the core for about 30 seconds. Then it's time to roll out another scorpion!

GhaleonEB

Striker said:
I've avoided exactly one splatter in about a dozen attempts. Only survival was tonight, when it hit the bottom of my feet hard enough to knock the shield off and launch me straight up.

One of the funniest moments I've seen in the Beta was in a game of Invasion Slayer. I was approaching the territory our team was trying to capture, and a Ghost boosted through. All three Spartans inside jump together, and all three got splattered while in the air. It's just not easy to clear the thing.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Fucking balls I want an HD capture card sooooo bad.

Sorry about that lol...I have a question about E3. Will Reach campaign be shown exclusively or will be get some more multiplayer love? I want both.

Striker

It's rare to avoid a Ghost if it is oncoming and you aren't expecting it, but a grenade can flip, Plasma Pistol and Pro Pipe can cool it down, and sprint/jetpack can manuever a player away from a boosting player, or simply a Ghost trolling through the pathway. It isn't "impossible", non-sense.

Jex

Also played another invasion that I got round to using armour lock against a vehicle, which was fairly hilarious.

The elites didn't really know what was happening, the ended up driving right over me and slamming into a wall and as I came out of armour lock their warthog got EMP-d so I proceeded to punch the hell out of them in all the confusion.

Ramirez

Invasion is quite possibly the worst game type ever invented in it's current form. It is fun to camp people in Invasion Slayer when they insist on spawning in the same room though. We had a perfectly good Grab Bag group going and Invasion kills the night!

GhaleonEB

Striker said:
It's rare to avoid a Ghost if it is oncoming and you aren't expecting it, but a grenade can flip, Plasma Pistol and Pro Pipe can cool it down, and sprint/jetpack can manuever a player away from a boosting player, or simply a Ghost trolling through the pathway. It isn't "impossible", non-sense.
I was referring to how hard it is to just jump over the damn thing as it boosts toward you. Not impossible, but very, very hard. It's one of those things that was part of a player's normal movement in four Halo games. Now, as you described, you pretty much have to have to hope you have the right tools in your load out to avoid it or you're fucked.

EazyB

Banned
Ramirez said:
Invasion is quite possibly the worst game type ever invented in it's current form. It is fun to camp people in Invasion Slayer when they insist on spawning in the same room though. We had a perfectly good Grab Bag group going and Invasion kills the night!
Hop on again if you're still up for it and we can tear it up with Nutter.

Jex

Ramirez said:

I used to think so, but now my opinion of that mode has changed completely. Sat down to play it for a few hours with a friend, we finally got good at it and our win ration was like 80%.

Jexhius said:
I used to think so, but now my opinion of that mode has changed completely. Sat down to play it for a few hours with a friend, we finally got good at it and our win ration was like 80%.

just because you're winning, that doesn't mean its a great gametype. i have to admit that i was really excited for the idea of invasion, but in practice, meh. i always feel like i'm spawning super far away and its never really more than 3 v. 3 at a time.

i need more action!

Iknos

In the middle of a move I thought I'd do the smart thing and make my 360 easily available and not pack ODST either.

But I packed in the HDMI cables in some random box.

Seeing that they did release the new mode...I'm going to drive over to my cousin's house and play this.

Play it till the morning light.

Butane123

You know what I'd like to see? Take the generators and put them into the 2nd round of Invasion instead of having the Elites capture another set of territories.

Add a nice variety of objectives per round.

Top Bottom