• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

Ramirez

big ander said:
Cooking. EDIT:Cooked. A fine showing of the success of the needle rifle. And that assassination was badass.

That clip shows perfectly what I mean, he never let up on the trigger but got a perfect 6 shot or whatever on an Elite no less. I do that and I'm lucky to break shields. :lol

If the beta does end on the 19th, then today was probably my last day to get a chance to play it. After 490 games, I feel like I have no better understanding of the game than the first match I played really, pretty disappointing overall, hope it shapes up by launch.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Ramirez said:
That clip shows perfectly what I mean, he never let up on the trigger but got a perfect 6 shot or whatever on an Elite no less. I do that and I'm lucky to break shields. :lol

Someone else was helping him kill that guy from the side (you can see two NR bullets come from the right side).

Anyways, Elites being huge hitboxes + the close distance = it's okay to spam that much and land all the shots.

Domino Theory said:
Someone else was helping him kill that guy from the side (you can see two NR bullets come from the right side).

Anyways, Elites being huge hitboxes + the close distance = it's okay to spam that much and land all the shots.
Was gonna say. At least two shots are landed by someone else. I don't see anything wrong with that kill.

Domino Theory said:

This^

I just found it funny that on my first match me and my bro were against Dani, DiabolicalBagel, BladedExpert and Total Sacrifice (whoever that is lol). My first kill was assisted sure, but I tried not to teabag (I had rolled over there with that intention but couldn't do it :p).

Tashi0106 said:
:lol :lol :lol

Also, we should all go to Dax's graduation. How funny would that be if they called his name to go up and get his diploma and 50+ guys in the stands start screaming "DAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAAAAAAA DAXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :lol :lol

That would actually be kind of weird lol
Free Halo 3 game fuel for any that come!

Wolffen

Dax01 said:
Yeah man. Starting as a Freshman at UNCW this fall.

Congrats dude. Hope you enjoy the college life and have better time management skills than I did...18 years ago. (Damn....now I feel old).

Ramirez

bobs99 ... said:
Really? Cant believe we have Lunchbox and Walshy on here and theres hardly any MLG talk. :lol

e3f292844a15.jpg

I need to sort through my clips then, too bad I don't have bungie pro or render minutes, I'll probably sort out my games tomorrow then if we're doing a reach montage.

GhaleonEB

Gui_PT said:
Freshman, eh? That's great :D

About the video. I don't see the part where Ghal kills you with grenades =\ Was it accidentally cut out?
Director's Cut

Of course, neither one-shotting a slow moving beluga whale in the sky nor raining plasma grenades down on some schmuck camping the corner in a Scorpion are especially boast-worthy, but the full story needed to be told. For great justice. It's worth noting that Dax was successfully preventing the Core from being moved, so my goal was to take him out. I consider it a successful exchange.

Also, congrats on being college-bound, Dax. Hope it goes better than that Invasion game, which ended with Elites stealing your shit and flying away with honor and victory. :p
The Crawf said:
http://i43.tinypic.com/apgvoo.jpg
So pretty.
Dax01 said:
If I recall correctly, Spartans won that game!

Thank ya.
Nope. Elite victory with ten seconds left. If only you'd held out longer!

GhaleonEB said:
Also, congrats on being college-bound, Dax. Hope it goes better than that Invasion game, which ended with Elites stealing your shit and flying away with honor and victory. :p
If I recall correctly, Spartans won that game!

Thank ya.

luiztfc

chapel said:
Quoted for new page (for the lowly 50, I prefer 100):

HaloGAF Reach Beta Montage Call For Clips

Please PM me (on here) a link to any rendered clips you would like to see in a montage. Try to limit it to 10 unless they are related clips that give different POV or ancillary action to the scene. They can be awesome, omgwtfbb, funny, cool, whatever. Anything that shows off the beta would be cool, especially glitches that are unique or really funny.

Some specific clips I would like to see are:
  • Epic invasion moments (like capping the core by yourself just barely by the skin off your back)
  • Funny or crazy betrayals
  • Weird behavior or people playing oddly that is funny
  • Awesome assassinations (like from high bridge to the base on sword base)
  • And so on

Since the beta is coming to a close and all data on the website seems to be going with it, please get me the clips by the 19th so I can download them locally.

If you think they are good clips, just ask in the thread for them to be rendered, or of course send a PM to Ssparks.

Can someone render this for me? http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=1330179

Sai-kun

Banned
Yay for graduation, Dax :3 I remember when I was a senior in high school!

last year :|

Awesome to see someone doing a montage! :D I'll have to put some stuff together for it!

Also, my birthday was yesterday and my bf got me a sweet Marathon hoodie :D I loves it!

chapel said:
Quoted for new page (for the lowly 50, I prefer 100):

HaloGAF Reach Beta Montage Call For Clips

Please PM me (on here) a link to any rendered clips you would like to see in a montage. Try to limit it to 10 unless they are related clips that give different POV or ancillary action to the scene. They can be awesome, omgwtfbb, funny, cool, whatever. Anything that shows off the beta would be cool, especially glitches that are unique or really funny.

Some specific clips I would like to see are:
  • Epic invasion moments (like capping the core by yourself just barely by the skin off your back)
  • Awesome assassinations (like from high bridge to the base on sword base)
  • And so on

Since the beta is coming to a close and all data on the website seems to be going with it, please get me the clips by the 19th so I can download them locally.

If you think they are good clips, just ask in the thread for them to be rendered, or of course send a PM to Ssparks.

People who have contributed clips so far:
  • Ssparks
  • Yeti
  • DeadFalling
  • GhaleonEB
  • ne0ism
  • Louis Wu
  • Gui_PT
  • CHEEZMO
  • NJ Shlice
  • Silly.Mikey
  • YOU!!

So you're going to combine all the clips into a YouTube video or something? Maybe add who sent it on the bottom like a subtitle so we know who did what.

I have a clip where I throw a grenade at someone armor locking and it backfires in my face, killing me.

If someone wants to render it, go ahead.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=4047

ToyMachine228 said:
I'll post some clips for the GAF Reach Montage in the next few days. Do we have a deadline? Anyone volunteering for rendering?
Uhmm... Did you just ignore the post that has been on the page for the last five pages. The important part is even bolded, sheesh.

Deadline is the 19th.

zumphry

Banned
dslgunstar said:
2egffq9.gif

I think Church has actually heard me recite this conversation verbatim in like, 20 different games.

Fucking inconsistent BS. :lol

OMG. No idea you were violentBREED. :lol Apparently I'm a mute compared to you.

wanna french inbetween bitching sessions? :lol

Willeth

Tashi0106 said:
:lol :lol :lol

Also, we should all go to Dax's graduation. How funny would that be if they called his name to go up and get his diploma and 50+ guys in the stands start screaming "DAX! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAAAAAAA DAXXXXXX!" :lol :lol

That would actually be kind of weird lol
This happened at my university graduation and it was really really fucking inappropriate.

Devin Olsen said:
Uhmm... Did you just ignore the post that has been on the page for the last five pages. The important part is even bolded, sheesh. Deadline is the 19th.

I just woke up:lol Thanks. I see it now.

I'll be submitting around 3 or 4 clips. Including one sweet Invasion moment, a game ending Bulltrue with the Sniper Rifle, an Overkill in Headhunter and MAYBE a long distance stick on Overlook. And any other insanity that happens over the final few days of the beta.

chapel

Banned
Thanks to everyone submitting clips. I am not excluding anything right now so send anything you think might be cool to see.

My thoughts about the layout of the montage are mostly about showing the good moments of the beta, maybe some bad, and definitely any crazy. It isn't about insane skillz or killz. Though those are welcome.

I would request once again please PM me any clips you would like included. It is hard to constantly check the thread to see if someone is submitting a clip or not. A PM lets me know that you are submitting those clips as well as giving me permission to include them in the montage (not that I really need permission hahaha).

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
chapel said:
Thanks to everyone submitting clips. I am not excluding anything right now so send anything you think might be cool to see.

My thoughts about the layout of the montage are mostly about showing the good moments of the beta, maybe some bad, and definitely any crazy. It isn't about insane skillz or killz. Though those are welcome.

I would request once again please PM me any clips you would like included. It is hard to constantly check the thread to see if someone is submitting a clip or not. A PM lets me know that you are submitting those clips as well as giving me permission to include them in the montage (not that I really need permission hahaha).

Ok, I PMed you mine and it's a page or two back in here as well. Thanks!

Gui_PT

GhaleonEB said:
Director's Cut

Of course, neither one-shotting a slow moving beluga whale in the sky nor raining plasma grenades down on some schmuck camping the corner in a Scorpion are especially boast-worthy, but the full story needed to be told. For great justice. It's worth noting that Dax was successfully preventing the Core from being moved, so my goal was to take him out. I consider it a successful exchange.

That's what happens when you have a crappy awesome Battle Bro!

chapel

Banned
Quoted for new page:

HaloGAF Reach Beta Montage - Call For Clips

The beta is coming to a close in a few days. That is why I decided to make a Reach Beta montage of GAF clips.

Goal: To make a fun and entertaining montage showing of gaffers exploits in the beta, be they super awesome skills or hilarious moments you had to be there to experience.

Deadline: Wednesday May 19th 12PM PST (Tentative, depends on when the data is cleared, I will take submissions later if possible of course)

Requirements: Rendered clips on Bungie.net (If you can capture your own, that is fine, but you have to send them to me using something like http://anyhub.net with a link)

Clips I'd like to see:
  • Awesome assassinations
  • Game mode specific moments (Skullamonjaros and stockpile action)
  • Clutch DMR/Pistol kills
  • Crazy grenade kills and/or moments of too many grenades and awesome results
  • Good usage of the different armor abilities (stalking someone with camo and getting a multikill out of it)
  • And so on

Ssparks said:
Edit: Also, If you want to be in this Dongtage and you need a clip rendered send me PM I gots some extra render points floating around

People who have contributed clips so far:
  • Ssparks
  • Yeti
  • DeadFalling
  • GhaleonEB
  • ne0ism
  • Louis Wu
  • Gui_PT
  • CHEEZMO
  • NJ Shlice
  • Silly.Mikey
  • Schmitty
  • Devin Olsen
  • Church RvB
  • Revengeance
  • Prophet Steve
  • Hydranockz
  • Merguson
  • Deadly Cyclone
  • Mayyhem
  • Alienshogun
  • Pappasman
  • Grimm Fandango
  • YOU!!

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I also forgot to mention a glitch I encountered in the BETA and it happened with the voting system.

I was playing with a friend and the one game/map type that was least voted on was chosen (it had 1 vote compared to the highest voted one that had somewhere between 3-5 votes).

Top Bottom