• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

electricpirate said:
'endering.

Edit: the essence of being an elite in invasion distilled into 30 seconds, NICE!

Those Spartans sucked though :lol

And I finally played my first game of Spartans vs Elites in Grab Bag. After hearing how much of an advantage the Elites had, I went into it thinking "fffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuu-" since I was a Spartan, but we ended up winning, 50-49. :D

feel

Ajemsuhgao said:
And I finally played my first game of Spartans vs Elites in Grab Bag. After hearing how much of an advantage the Elites had, I went into it thinking "fffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuu-" since I was a Spartan, but we ended up winning, 50-49. :D
Those Elites sucked though. ;)

Kapura

Banned
Man, I really, really enjoyed reading Juices' comments on the Beta. It's a damn shame he got bant from here. He'll be back for ship, though, which is gonna be awesome.

electricpirate said:
'endering.

Edit: the essence of being an elite in invasion distilled into 30 seconds, NICE!
Thank you good sir!!!

It's probably my only remembrance I'll get of the beta :) Which is fine by me because Elites rock so hard.

A Penguin

Wait, how did I get top 20% of Onyx? That means I'm ranked better than 80% of Onyx players, right? My numbers aren't even that impressive =p

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
A Penguin said:
Wait, how did I get top 20% of Onyx? That means I'm ranked better than 80% of Onyx players, right? My numbers aren't even that impressive =p

Don't sell yourself short! You're a BEAST!

OMG Aero

If someone has some rendering to spare could they please render this short clip so I can show my it to my friend?
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=1408511
Basically, my battle bro is using his jetpack to chase after a Banshee when I die, so I spawn in mid-air next to him with the grenadier class. While I'm falling through the air wondering what's happening, I see the Banshee and shoot a grenade randomly and by chance, hit the Banshee and take it down.

1256iqa.jpg

I'd like to thank Vhfive for a wonderful couple of games. There's actually a sixth game in which my team won, and I went +14, but I lagged out right before the game ended.

NH Apache

Banned
OMG Aero said:
If someone has some rendering to spare could they please render this short clip so I can show my it to my friend?
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=1408511
Basically, my battle bro is using his jetpack to chase after a Banshee when I die, so I spawn in mid-air next to him with the grenadier class. While I'm falling through the air wondering what's happening, I see the Banshee and shoot a grenade randomly and by chance, hit the Banshee and take it down.

Rendering :D

And I wish I could see it on Linux, but moonlight doesn't want to work on bungie :(

Lazslo

Gui_PT said:
:lol Nice

Could you render these 2 please? They're from my games with you

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/fileshare.aspx?player=Monolith Gui&fc=2

Somehow i killed you in the 2nd one :lol
Haha nice man, rendered and rendered...Good games. I'm going back on around 9 if your down.
Dax01 said:
I'd like to thank Vhfive for a wonderful couple of games. There's actually a sixth game in which my team won, and I went +14, but I lagged out right before the game ended.
:lol Haha Dax your shit talking has improved greatly, is awesome- keep up the good work.

Sai-kun

Banned
Dax01 said:

The very definition of "donged on" ;D

Booshka

I think the backpacks in Red Faction:Guerilla are a much better comparison to AA's in Reach than Shadowrun's Magic/Tech. RFG had pretty much identical backpacks to the AA's in Reach, Sprint/FleetFoot, Camo/Stealth, Jetpack, and Armor Lock/Heal is the most loose comparison.

I liked how the Jetpack and Fleetfoot worked in RFG much better than Sprint and the Jetpacks in Reach. Fleetfoot is more controllable and smoother than Sprint, and the thrust control in RFG is much better than Reach.

Comparing Reach's AA to Shadowrun's magic and tech is a disservice to SR, because you could combine abilities and switch them around at any time. They were also much more balanced and versatile. In Reach, you are much more constrained to a certain play style based on the AA you choose, you can't adapt as quickly and the Abilities in SR are more varied and lend themselves to improvisation.

I'm pretty optimistic for the full game, hopefully with some tweaks (nades, melee, spawns, weapon balancing) and some better maps I'll have a new Halo that I'll enjoy playing. Halo CE is the only Halo game I love and think is great, every other one is been pretty mediocre. Not bad games, just bad Halo games.

ManCannon

Ssparks said:
I'm just guessing they will probably turn it off around the same time they turned it on, sometime around 11 PST (speculation). Everyone should try and get on tonight and get a good party going, right now Me, Gui, and Bobs are rocking some Invasion right now if anyone wants to join our partay.

FYI the Reach Beta will be officially ending at 10AM PDT on Thursday 5/20. Stats and films will persist for a little while beyond that and then will eventually be wiped. We'll confirm that date in advance and offer plenty of warning beforehand.

Gui_PT

Ssparks said:
Haha nice man, rendered and rendered...Good games. I'm going back on around 9 if your down.

Thanks a lot man! :D

Unfortunately I have to get up in a few hours so I can't play anymore, needs me some sleep =\ Was just taking some last screenshots

25qt45k.jpg

14ke59v.jpg

5n7v2r.jpg

HOLY crap I just started playing invasion and every time I spawned I died immediatly, wtf!?? :lol

I quit that game after like 5 deaths, literally, second you spawn you die.

ManCannon said:
FYI the Reach Beta will be officially ending at 10AM PDT on Thursday 5/20. Stats and films will persist for a little while beyond that and then will eventually be wiped. We'll confirm that date in advance and offer plenty of warning beforehand.
Thanks! Updated GRU :D Good to know.

ManCannon said:
Awesome. My impromptu vacation day tomorrow will be well spent. :D

:lol :lol I'm kind of looking forward to the beta being over. I have a few games I've put on hold just so I can enjoy the beta while it's here (i.e. Lost Planet 2, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2, and just got a new Wii Fit Plus)

Sibylus

Banned
Said Dax to his team, triumphantly: "If it bleeds, I can kill it"

And then his face probably melted into the contours of the :smug: smiley.

Wizpig

Ssparks said:
I'm just guessing they will probably turn it off around the same time they turned it on, sometime around 11 PST (speculation). Everyone should try and get on tonight and get a good party going, right now Me, Gui, and Bobs are rocking some Invasion right now if anyone wants to join our partay.
Let's say they turn it off at 11 PST.

11 PST = meaning... uh... 18 more hours? or am I wrong?

These timezones are sometimes confusing, I'd just like an actual date from Bungie/urk on when the beta is going off :(

Gui_PT

Wizpig said:
Let's say they turn it off at 11 PST.

11 PST = meaning... uh... 18 more hours? or am I wrong?

These timezones are sometimes confusing, I'd just like an actual date from Bungie/urk on when the beta is going off :(

ManCannon said:

Wizpig

Ok, thanks.

FYI the Reach Beta will be officially ending at 10AM PDT on Thursday 5/20.

Now it's ... checking google... May 18, 5PM PDT... so... I will still be able to play tomorrow at this time, great.

Kapura

Banned
ManCannon said:
800px-WRYYY.PNG

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Trasher said:
I'm with you too.

"Wake me...if you need me."

I'm down for some more games later tonight. That shit was fun.

edit: Oh and Eazy I gotta add you bro. Is that cool and the gang?

Damnit. I went from Gold, down to Bronze, back up to Silver, and ended up in the top 10% of Silver users. So close to getting my Gold back.

I'm really gonna miss Invasion when this beta goes down. So much fun. Invasion slayer is kind of meh, needs to be rebalanced abit, but ever since Spartans started spawning with ARs, the game mode has felt great. Loving it.

Top Bottom