• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

JMizzlin

I'm really hoping Brutes and Hunters in this game ARE as intimidating as they're made out to be.

I remember being described the Brutes and Hunters in ODST, and I was frankly disappointed when I found they weren't as awesome foes as they'd been hyped up to be. :(

Eye Drop said:
I'm really hoping Brutes and Hunters in this game ARE as intimidating as they're made out to be.

I remember being described the Brutes and Hunters in ODST, and I was frankly disappointed when I found they weren't as awesome foes as they'd been hyped up to be. :(
HAH, you take that back, the Hunters were terrifying when playing alone.

feel

EazyB said:
I'm a tad confused by this paragraph. Is he saying that Marty used the monks for part of Reach's soundtrack or that Marty said he wasn't but Urk's fine with that? I thought I remember Marty saying no monks but I think I'm confusing ODST with Reach. Anyways, Urk says there's some classic Halo themes in the soundtrack which has me pumped (and thinking the monks are back). His ODST was great and all but I just love me the classics.
Nerdgasm total if the monks are back. :O

People seem to think they're past their prime by now, but up to this day their chanting still sends shivers down my spine when I play some part of the original trilogy.

It would make sense to have them at least in the last cutscenes of Reach, that would be an amazing way to finish it aurally.

Wolffen

electricpirate said:
I can't wait to try safe haven, it sounds like halo pacman.

Or Geometry Wars 2's King of the Hill mode.

I'm still hoping that Bungie will be able to push out new gametypes in matchmaking after Reach releases, and that the player will have ways to include new gametypes in custom games. Being able to create our own version of Jailbreak, Calvin Ball, or something I call Icarus (jetpacks only, floating platforms, and single second territories to capture...think something along the lines of RocketRace with Jetpaks) would be great.

I know I'm fashionably late, but the BWU was awesome. Love the Elite model.

Can't believe E3 is here. Sucks this is going to be the first E3 I can't watch from work (new job+web filtering software+tons of work=little to no browsing during business hours). At least I'll be able to peak in on FUD and NeoGAF from my phone occasionally.

Anyone want to take any bets as to whether or not Microsoft will announce the a new Halo Reach Slim 360?

Gui_PT

Letters said:
six more World Cup games

1znlxzd.jpg
X6

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Tashi0106 said:
Im actually really excited see what MS announces about xbl at the conference

I can't be the only one who wants a bigger friend list and the ability to make notes about friends so you can know who is who and what game you usually play with them.

Dax01 said:
Infection sounds especially exciting considering whatever twist Urk hinted at.

Yeah, the twist has me excited. I always thought it would be cool if there was an infection variant that had a destination zone for evacuation. Survive for five minutes any way you can, but make sure you're inside the zone for the end of the round to win.

vhfive

Alienshogun said:
I can't be the only one who wants a bigger friend list and the ability to make notes about friends so you can know who is who and what game you usually play with them.
I'd also like to see some sorting system where you can put your friends in groups and set your status for each one. For example for my HaloGAF friends list show me offline but for my IRL friends list show me away

Kibbles

GhaleonEB said:
Two. More. Sleeps.
:D E3 is closing in fast, can't wait. That Natal thing on MTV tomorrow should be interesting and will help kill some time. While I've been itching to see Reach, it's hard to believe E3 is already here. Times a flying.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
vhfive said:
I'd also like to see some sorting system where you can put your friends in groups and set your status for each one. For example for my HaloGAF friends list show me offline but for my IRL friends list show me away

Yeah, that's more or less my point, but the note thing would be easier I think.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Just an FYI to anyone who may not be up to date.

There will be some Bungie stuff on Mondays "PRE E3 Preview" on gametrailers/spikeTV at 1:30 PM Est. Whether it's new or not remains to be seen.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Hey You said:
I'm curious as to why Microsoft isn't letting any recording of the Natal event live.

Aren't they broadcasting it during Sony's E3 conference? Sounds like a plan.

Gah, can't find any Reach leaks. No pictures from the show floor have leaked either. Dammit Microsoft/Bungie, why can't you run a ship like Sony? =\

Blueblur1

I was bored so I loaded up the Beta and started flying around Boneyard. Then this happened. It's pretty easy to reproduce. I wonder if they've fixed this already.

j7g.jpg

8ped.jpg

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Dani said:
Aren't they broadcasting it during Sony's E3 conference? Sounds like a plan.

Gah, can't find any Reach leaks. No pictures from the show floor have leaked either. Dammit Microsoft/Bungie, why can't you run a ship like Sony? =\

Look at the bright side, Monday is only 2 days away or as Ghaleon likes to say 2 sleeps. :lol

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Alienshogun said:
Look at the bright side, Monday is only 2 days away or as Ghaleon likes to say 2 sleeps. :lol

But I live and breathe leaks. Could have never survived as a Star Wars fan for so long without getting leaked on..... wait...

Kibbles

Domino Theory said:
Same.

I'm forseeing a re-invention of Xbox LIVE again, a new membership status added with Silver gone, etc.

E3! :D
I was going to say "Hell no, no more paid BS" but then again if Gold went free with free multiplayer and a new status went up, it could work well. Let's say Platinum. Everyone who has gold will have the remainder of their gold status upgraded as platinum (so they aren't ripped off for having to pay for gold before) and platinum will include such things like Netflix, Hulu, and more for a higher monthly/yearly fee.
Ramirez said:
Huh? Is it on Spike tomorrow then? It's supposed to be before the MS PRess Conference I thought?
Alienshogun said:
Just an FYI to anyone who may not be up to date.

There will be some Bungie stuff on Mondays "PRE E3 Preview" on gametrailers/spikeTV at 1:30 PM Est. Whether it's new or not remains to be seen.
Aerospace maybe?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Kibbles said:
I was going to say "Hell no, no more paid BS" but then again if Gold went free with free multiplayer and a new status went up, it could work well. Let's say Platinum. Everyone who has gold will have the remainder of their gold status upgraded as platinum (so they aren't ripped off for having to pay for gold before) and platinum will include such things like Netflix, Hulu, and more for a higher monthly/yearly fee.

I think it's far more likely that it will remain the same for silver/gold and platinum would be introduced at a higher rate.

There's no reason to go what you are talking about with a gold/platinum when it would just stay silver/gold and I don't see Microsoft giving up the income they are getting from gold members in the first place.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
vhfive said:

Yea wow thats a good idea. Also, i have people on my list that change their gamertags and dont let people know theyve changed it. That would be cool if xbl sent out auto message saying that this persons gamertag has changed.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Tashi0106 said:
Yea wow thats a good idea. Also, i have people on my list that change their gamertags and dont let people know theyve changed it. That would be cool if xbl sent out auto message saying that this persons gamertag has changed.

Damn you!!! I said it first!

6r3pky.jpg

Ramirez

Kibbles said:

Huh? Is it on Spike tomorrow then? It's supposed to be before the MS PRess Conference I thought?

Aerospace maybe?

I think it goes down tomorrow, but it doesn't air til Tuesday to mess with Sony's E3 conference as someone said. :lol

Natakuu

Banned
Blueblur1 said:
I was bored so I loaded up the Beta and started flying around Boneyard. Then this happened. It's pretty easy to reproduce. I wonder if they've fixed this already.
There's also a door in the upper back of the base that houses the core that if you look at it from the right angle a magic black bar appears through it. I never bothered taking a picture because I always assumed others had seen it.

GhaleonEB

Natakuu said:
There's also a door in the upper back of the base that houses the core that if you look at it from the right angle a magic black bar appears through it. I never bothered taking a picture because I always assumed others had seen it.
Yeah I took a film of it and was going to post it on b.net but I saw someone else in the forum there mention it. Staring at it lost me a round of Invasion. :lol

What are you guys hoping for at E3? I'm thinking Campaign trailer, Firefight demo/hands on, b.net pics/renders explosion.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Natakuu said:

The gold elevator in sword base also has a texture glitch.

GhaleonEB said:
Yeah I took a film of it and was going to post it on b.net but I saw someone else in the forum there mention it. Staring at it lost me a round of Invasion. :lol

What are you guys hoping for at E3? I'm thinking Campaign trailer, Firefight demo/hands on, b.net pics/renders explosion.

I'm hoping for a new bungie dev video detailing forge 2.0 and firefight (please allow me to create custom firefight map and enemy wave compositions), then a video play-through of part of the campaign.

Roche

I'm craving some info on new Forge even if its the same thing as Halo 3, as long as they have a Sandbox type map from the outset I'll be delighted. I just really need to see it in action at this point.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Gui_PT said:
I'm hoping to see a bit of a Campaign level being played with a nice cutscene as an intro, Forge and Firefight.

Yeah, I think that alone would make most of us happy.

Maybe even Zombie/flood skin for infection.

Kibbles

Gui_PT said:
I'm hoping to see a bit of a Campaign level being played with a nice cutscene as an intro, Forge and Firefight.
I'm definitely expecting the Campaign to be demoed onstage at the conference. A new trailer may pop up as well. It'd be awesome if they show Forge 2.0, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Top Bottom