• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

neoism

EazyB said:
Woke up with about 4 pages to read and figured some good shit got dropped. Come to find out it's just post after post from people saying what their Reach callsign will be, as if anyone here cares!

EAZY
Anyone know if you can use (, I can't remember what I used in ODST, hoping I can use NE()

LukeSmith

Diablohead said:
Dear Bungie, do you have a tracking stat for how many times I teabag? if not please add one to our profile page. Thanks.

As soon as something becomes a stat, generally, we expect it to become something people try to:
  • Game
  • Min/max
  • Exploit
  • Cheat
  • Abuse

In short, "yeah, no" :D

GhaleonEB

SailorDaravon said:
I imagine they'll probably post some sort of contest or give-away when they post details about the journalist event when the embargo goes up tomorrow (?).
Possibly.

Similar to with the Halo 3 Beta, Bungie is giving out blocks of codes to scores of websites and Halo communities, for head of said sites to distribute to their readers/members as they wish. So expect to see a LOT of stuff like that next week.
neoism said:
IIRC, the NDA on videos - both gameplay and interview - goes up early in the morning.
Shake Appeal said:
Blur.

Because it's the noun, and 'Blue' only modifies it adjectivally.
BBLR

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Church RvB said:
Even if I don't get into the F&F, I can't wait to see the videos uploaded from it. :D

I really can't wait to see a straight gameplay video or stream of someone playing who has a good amount of skill. Just watching a stream of a straight match would be awesome. :D

wwm0nkey

Not a Jellyfish said:
I really can't wait to see a straight gameplay video or stream of someone playing who has a good amount of skill. Just watching a stream of a straight match would be awesome. :D
Yeah, can't wait too see footage, too bad we wont get any early footage of Invasion :(

Oh also for who ever doesnt get into the F&F beta, want to do some customs the day before till the beta releases on the MP? :D

EazyB

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Possibly.

Similar to with the Halo 3 Beta, Bungie is giving out blocks of codes to scores of websites and Halo communities, for head of said sites to distribute to their readers/members as they wish. So expect to see a LOT of stuff like that next week.
Is NeoGAF a Halo community and are you the head honcho dishing out codes?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
soldat7 said:
Oh yeah? Well Amazon is gonna give me teh Legendary for $59.99 too!
I'll just have to wait a year or two...

2zjb7gk.gif

Sai-kun said:
I bought me some Bungie Pro :D! So I can render stuff. Where can I buy extra minutes?

How many minuites do they give you when you first purchase it? Im very tempted to get it for the beta but wont be able to save Halo 3 vid's and so it would go to waste over the summer.

I also think I need to brush up on my Halo skills, I havent actually played Halo 3 properly since before Halo 2 died. I played like HOURS of Halo 2 though. Unfortunatly this just ruined my Halo 3 play, I tried playing throwback Dexp and just ended up jumping off the map a lot, and due to generally not being used to it not having the ability to aim properly. Being screwed up in terms of mechanics and controls is just not good. :lol

Im itching for some Halo, but have a lot of work to finish before the beta rolls out. =(

Magni

Dani said:
I'm stuck in the Stone Age without plastic. They need to enable Paypal or something caveman friendly like MS points.

No credit card? How does the buying work, a code? I can hook you up with some render minutes if that's what it is =)

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
For the render minutes, if you make a 5 min video it will take all your time, but then if you delete that video does your 5 min come back? Like with screenshots if you delete one, you have an open slot again.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Domino Theory said:
Hm, can't you buy an Amazon GC and use the credit to purchase minutes?

Gift cards? Never considered them before. I'll have a nosey around eBay to see if there's any going. Do those Gift Cards let you order from Amazon without signing up?

Kapura

Banned
Deadly Cyclone said:
For the render minutes, if you make a 5 min video it will take all your time, but then if you delete that video does your 5 min come back? Like with screenshots if you delete one, you have an open slot again.
Haha no. But you'll get you five minutes back next month. Don't fret.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Dani said:
Gift cards? Never considered them before. I'll have a nosey around eBay to see if there's any going. Do those Gift Cards let you order from Amazon without signing up?

No, I think you'll need to make an Amazon account, but they don't require you to attach a credit card to it. And I'm not sure on the Amazon GC front, you might want to snoop around Amazon's Help section to be sure before cluckin' down the cash.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Goron2000 said:
So, uhm how do i get into the beta? I know that i need ODST but is there anything else?

All you have to do on May 3rd is put in your Halo 3: ODST disc and a prompt will show up in the main menu letting you know that you can download the Beta. Just click that prompt, download, play.

Every time you want to play the Beta, you'll have to launch if from Halo 3: ODST, just an FYI.

Sai-kun

Banned
Goron2000 said:
So, uhm how do i get into the beta? I know that i need ODST but is there anything else?

An Xbox 360 video game console

An Xbox 360 video game controller

A TV

Xbox Live for your Xbox 360

Kapura

Banned
Goron2000 said:
Nope. You'll access the beta through the Intel menu on the main menu.

Edit: twice beaten.

Circle T

Hi all. Looooooong time HaloGAF lurker, but first time posting, so be gentle. :D

With all the talk of everyone's proposed service tags, I was thinking. Have Bungie said if the full character list will be able to be used when making your Reach service tag? In ODST you could use all the various punctuation as well as the usual letters and numbers. It would be great if that were the case since it allows for more variety, but in all the screens and videos so far, everything is just using the standard letters and numbers. Anyone know? Thanks.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Kapura said:
Haha no. But you'll get you five minutes back next month. Don't fret.

Oh, Damn. So you can't even upload one whole match without buying extra minutes.

Oh well, I think I'll just upload random short clips.

Top Bottom