• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach Forge |OT| - Create, Share & Kill

Spectre

I decided to give Forge in Reach a shot as I was never really interested in Halo 3's model, but always wanted to try it.

When I used to play World of Warcraft, I always thought the main trade area of the Undercity was a perfect area for touch-return mutli flag CTF, so my memory of this was the basis for this map. I settled on not using a reference and just go by memory so that I could add bits and pieces if it added to the gameplay of the map - in the end, I think the design turned out pretty well.

This is probably by no means the first time someone has recreated this, I just wanted to give it a go.

atriumwip1.jpg
undercity1.jpg

The basic idea I wanted was having teams spawn symmetrically on the top layer of the map with the flags being on ther ground floor under the staircase. Having little to no cover during the flag run is part of the idea which is why I imagined it to be touch-return and a quick, hectic match. As for how this plays out in a real game, I have no idea as I haven't been able to fully test it yet, hopefully I can get some friends to test it with me this weekend.

atriumwip3.jpg

As for respawns, it doesn't function properly yet as I have no idea what the hell I'm doing in regards to fair respawn points and how to make the defending team spawn just outside the base when the offensive team is attacking and whatnot, so as a CTF map, it's not working at the moment, but if anyone can give some tips with that, I'd gladly hear them.

atriumwip2.jpg

My only other problems with the map is the lack of variety and cover on the ground floor and weapon types/placements. I'm fairly sure everything is 100% symmetrical and there's no bumps anywhere, but if anyone is happy to give it a quick run through and try to break it and give feedback, I'd really appreciate it!

Link to download: Here

DD-11

DM-Sky is a small 1v1 or a small FFA map. It consists of three suspended platforms. The blue arrows are canon launches . The red arrows are some of the normal jumps that are possible. The tiny green circles are teleporter locations. The rightmost base has teleports to the other two platforms. There's also a jet pack on the lowest, rightmost platform.

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/fileshare.aspx

Here's the layout:
e19t8i.jpg

The big jump to the lower platform
1zd8xdv.jpg

Teleporters to the other two platforms:
2w4fn74.jpg

Canon jump into sniper nest. There are blocks in front of the canon so as to disguise your jump from those in the sniper tower:
2m4vuph.jpg

cazosozey

Nice maps guys, I just finished up polishing up my chain reaction remake/boarding action hybrid i posted on page two. I literally re-did the whole thing. I am unable to place anymore walls or blocks, so its really pushing the limit. I am calling my map Pain Reaction and for a teaser, here is what the description is going to be: "This forerunner dock houses a submarine, the likes of which we have never seen before." I'll get some screen shots up tomorrow and invite some people to test it out. It will support assault, king of the hill, and slayer. I'm not sure if CTF would work well.

Gowans

Did Bungie ever say if they were setting up a community playlist this time round with the cream of community made maps & game types?

These maps look great, will update the op with links tonight.

Raide

Spectre said:
I decided to give Forge in Reach a shot as I was never really interested in Halo 3's model, but always wanted to try it.

When I used to play World of Warcraft, I always thought the main trade area of the Undercity was a perfect area for touch-return mutli flag CTF, so my memory of this was the basis for this map. I settled on not using a reference and just go by memory so that I could add bits and pieces if it added to the gameplay of the map - in the end, I think the design turned out pretty well.

This is probably by no means the first time someone has recreated this, I just wanted to give it a go...

Downloaded your map, it looks pretty good. A few things to sort. Don't forget when you select objects to press B and then Edit Coordinates. After moving objects around, they can stray away from the set game units and Edit Coordinates will snap them to units. Makes it easier when aligning things.

When you put blocks down to make platforms, always edge them together. If you don't, you get that nasty texture flicker that can be a little distracting. Happens on your map in a few spots, especially the platform edges in the middle.

To keep in theme with the Undercity Bank, I did a quick tweak to the tower. Posted a pic here for you, just to give you an idea. Not only does it fit the theme, it actually makes it easier for the teams to spot enemies a little in advance.

reach_1052805_Full.jpg

As for the lower levels, it may have been better to built it over shallow water and have players run through it, ala the areas around the lower part of the bank area. Great attempt though! With a few tweaks, it could be a frantic little map.

Spectre said:

This is probably by no means the first time someone has recreated this, I just wanted to give it a go.

atriumwip1.jpg
undercity1.jpg

The basic idea I wanted was having teams spawn symmetrically on the top layer of the map with the flags being on ther ground floor under the staircase. Having little to no cover during the flag run is part of the idea which is why I imagined it to be touch-return and a quick, hectic match. As for how this plays out in a real game, I have no idea as I haven't been able to fully test it yet, hopefully I can get some friends to test it with me this weekend.

atriumwip3.jpg

As for respawns, it doesn't function properly yet as I have no idea what the hell I'm doing in regards to fair respawn points and how to make the defending team spawn just outside the base when the offensive team is attacking and whatnot, so as a CTF map, it's not working at the moment, but if anyone can give some tips with that, I'd gladly hear them.

atriumwip2.jpg

My only other problems with the map is the lack of variety and cover on the ground floor and weapon types/placements. I'm fairly sure everything is 100% symmetrical and there's no bumps anywhere, but if anyone is happy to give it a quick run through and try to break it and give feedback, I'd really appreciate it!

Link to download: Here

Brilliant! I think a smaller version of Thunderbluff could be fun too. Instant death if you fall of the pillars. the small bridges between the pillars, will be dangerous. even if you dont die from gnades or rockets, you might still fall to your death. and then where you have the flightmaster, would be the one sniper tower.

Walshicus

fernoca said:
:O!
You better post a darn link. :lol
Was going to post to my fileshare as soon as I'd got the invasion gametype set for it... but might put the generic version up sooner. I'm still not sure what to give the defending team.

Arnie

Some nice maps here guys.

I started trying to create my map last night, it's roughly based on a mixture between Halo 3's The Pit and Counterstrike's De_Dust, with a lower walkway dotted with crates for cover so the two teams can reach each others half of the map without having to plough through the central killpoint. The map will also be symmetrical in order to allow for Multi Flag games as well as classic Slayer.

The first thing I noticed about Reach Forge however is it's still an absolute pain to use. I started trying to lay 5x5 blocks down to just make a flat surface and it takes forever. I realised after a couple of minutes that you can "edit coordinates" to level each of the blocks out, however it still takes ages to place enough blocks for even a small floor type area. I don't want to go down the route of placing those thin corridors with small handrails as personally, maps that use them like The Cage become a grenade fest.

Does anyone have any tips for me in regards to basic Forge tips as I continue my map today? Also what does the snap to coordinate function even do? I tried altering the degrees on an object and nothing happened.

eso76

well...3 hours and the main room of my chill out remake is done... i wish Bungie gave us a few more tools to work with.

At least some copy/paste function (if it's there i didn't see it) an undo function (takes 0.01 seconds to erase a carefully placed element by mistake) and a quick align function.

Also, some 'prebake shadows' option would be cool.

GhaleonEB

I've done two sessions of scale testing on Forge World, seeing whether I can construct enough space from the object palette for a BTB map I have sketched out. I can.

This is 25 of the 50 Wall, Colosseum pieces. I'm on a Mongoose in the lower corner for scale.

reach_905666_Full.jpg

All 50 stretched out would be close to the length of Valhalla, I think, at a cost of $500. I've got a spreadsheet going budgeting out the major components, and I'm surprised at how much I'll be able to use. Creating the floor, ramps/bridges, platforms, use of all 12 Building pieces and placing vehicles and weapons will leave me over $6,000 in budget left. Should be plenty for ledges, cover, decor and improvised design.

I'll start actual construction tonight. Pretty excited.

Raide

Arnie said:
Some nice maps here guys.

I started trying to create my map last night, it's roughly based on a mixture between Halo 3's The Pit and Counterstrike's De_Dust, with a lower walkway dotted with crates for cover so the two teams can reach each others half of the map without having to plough through the central killpoint. The map will also be symmetrical in order to allow for Multi Flag games as well as classic Slayer.

The first thing I noticed about Reach Forge however is it's still an absolute pain to use. I started trying to lay 5x5 blocks down to just make a flat surface and it takes forever. I realised after a couple of minutes that you can "edit coordinates" to level each of the blocks out, however it still takes ages to place enough blocks for even a small floor type area. I don't want to go down the route of placing those thin corridors with small handrails as personally, maps that use them like The Cage become a grenade fest.

Does anyone have any tips for me in regards to basic Forge tips as I continue my map today? Also what does the snap to coordinate function even do? I tried altering the degrees on an object and nothing happened.

The Edit Coordinates basically snaps the objects to exact in-game units. Placing an object, then Edit Coordinates will snap it correctly, then the next object you have to place as close as possible by eye and then Edit again. It will snap neatly to the previous object. You will need to rotate around and check, since the actually snap is very strict.

The more you use it, the fast you get. Also, if you check the settings for the previous object, you can just enter them in for the next object. Comes in handy if you're trying to make symmetrical maps or maps with various gradients.

As for the bridges, I find it handy to just flip them upside-down and it gets rid of the rails around. Yeah, it would be handy if Bungie added that shape without rails.

Altering the Pitch, Roll etc tends to only work if you have the Snap settings to less that 90o. If you want precise, set it to 50. (Same as above, remember the settings and its easier to add them to the next object) Since many of the building blocks are 90o or 45o, it is handy to set snap to 45o so you can get neat corners and edges.

The best tip is just play around with connecting objects first before you start making your map. Playing with objects to see how they link with other objects, especially when it comes to textures etc. Just use your eyes when it comes to detail.

Sanic

Roughly half way down with my 4v4 map. Hopefully i'll have it up in a day or two for others to try out.

It would have been nice to have an extra level of precision when editing coordinates.

gdt

GhaleonEB said:
I've done two sessions of scale testing on Forge World, seeing whether I can construct enough space from the object palette for a BTB map I have sketched out. I can.

This is 25 of the 50 Wall, Colosseum pieces. I'm on a Mongoose in the lower corner for scale.

reach_905666_Full.jpg

All 50 stretched out would be close to the length of Valhalla, I think, at a cost of $500. I've got a spreadsheet going budgeting out the major components, and I'm surprised at how much I'll be able to use. Creating the floor, ramps/bridges, platforms, use of all 12 Building pieces and placing vehicles and weapons will leave me over $6,000 in budget left. Should be plenty for ledges, cover, decor and improvised design.

Woah, can't wait to see what you got planned.

Arnie

Raide said:
The Edit Coordinates basically snaps the objects to exact in-game units. Placing an object, then Edit Coordinates will snap it correctly, then the next object you have to place as close as possible by eye and then Edit again. It will snap neatly to the previous object. You will need to rotate around and check, since the actually snap is very strict.

The more you use it, the fast you get. Also, if you check the settings for the previous object, you can just enter them in for the next object. Comes in handy if you're trying to make symmetrical maps or maps with various gradients.

As for the bridges, I find it handy to just flip them upside-down and it gets rid of the rails around. Yeah, it would be handy if Bungie added that shape without rails.

Altering the Pitch, Roll etc tends to only work if you have the Snap settings to less that 90o. If you want precise, set it to 50. (Same as above, remember the settings and its easier to add them to the next object) Since many of the building blocks are 90o or 45o, it is handy to set snap to 45o so you can get neat corners and edges.

The best tip is just play around with connecting objects first before you start making your map. Playing with objects to see how they link with other objects, especially when it comes to textures etc. Just use your eyes when it comes to detail.
Thanks for the tips man, I spent most of the day starting my map in Forge and I have come on leaps and bounds in my abilities after just a few hours. The things like Edit Coordinates and Snap to settings make the whole thing so much easier than Halo 3.

Once I have the first half of my symmetrical map up and constructed I'll post a picture, but I'm really pleased at what I've been able to create so far.

Mik2121

Uhm... I've been checking out some of you guys' maps and almost none uses railings. It just looks... off, when there are absolutely no railings on the borders of the floors. I don't think the Forerunners would go around building such dangerous locations :D

cazosozey

Mik2121 said:
Uhm... I've been checking out some of you guys' maps and almost none uses railings. It just looks... off, when there are absolutely no railings on the borders of the floors. I don't think the Forerunners would go around building such dangerous locations :D

I would have had more railings but I ran out to finish the bottom section :(

Sanic

cazosozey said:
Sub Base

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/6580/screenshotgw.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/2969/screenshotphj.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/2664/screenshotsbx.jpgIMG]

[IMG]http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/4997/screenshotvz.jpgIMG]

[URL="http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=1170450&player=combatcarl2"]File Share Link to Download[/URL]
Only supports slayer atm, any feedback is appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that looks nice. Downloading now.

Some of us should try to get together and play each others maps as a group, it would be very helpful i'm sure.

Retro

Reposting this here from the Official thread:

Cistern: (Download)
A dried-up pumping facility, appropriate for small teams in confined spaces.
Currently Supports: Slayer and CTF (I think CTF is working).

2lmxny1.jpg

Screenshots are numbered in the order they appear;

2mgo5g1.jpg

The Red base is essentially a spiraling room; players spawn in the muddy water at the bottom and can take the ramps up to the top. This is where the flag will spawn in CTF matches (where I'm standing in the screen above). This is the "Red Elevator", and the bridge seen at the top leads across into the Moonpool.

149vy9f.jpg

Dat Ass? This is another shot of the Red base, at the bottom. This tunnel leads directly into the blue base and directly into the line of fire from an easily-defensible window. The red base only has two entry points, but they're on different levels; the blue base has 3 but the approaches are easier to hold. I wasn't aiming for perfect balance but it was something I keep in mind as I build (and again, this was mostly an experiment anyways)

wlvod5.jpg

This is the "Moonpool", connected via a hallway at the top of the Red base and to the Canyon via a rocky slope. The dark spot at the bottom (with the Bubble Shield) is kind of a shallow bunker with a grenade launcher, and unless somebody lobs a grenade right into it provides surprisingly decent cover when assaulting the blue base (which is just across the murky water at the bottom of the slope). Not seen is the third entry point into the Blue base; just underneath the lip of the moonpool, the slope turns up slightly and there's a very nice ledge with great cover and visibility over all levels of the blue base.

2pqw9hl.jpg

The "Blue Elevator". Cistern is built around the concept of a massive underground water storage tank and pump station, and the blue base sits at the bottom of a huge hexagonal shaft :)lol) that's open to the sky above. The elevators don't function, but they make convenient landmarks.

The blue flag spawns almost exactly where I'm standing, and is connected to a two-story base. The base itself has decent line of sight to all approaches, but there's lots of little crannies and nooks in the canyon that provide cover, and some sneaky players can even come at the base from its blindside if they're willing to get their boots muddy. Red base is much more compact, but trying to cover both entry points at once can be tough.

Overall, just dinking around but I haven't seen anybody talking about Forge much yet, so I thought I'd share it. Bonus points if you find the Camper's Cave (does not affect gameplay, just me screwing around).

vhfive

Just finished my new map. I'm pretty happy with it so far

Gaffer's Delight beta

Overview 1
reach_1203015_Full.jpg

Overview 2
reach_1202900_Full.jpg

Red Base
reach_1202915_Full.jpg

Blue Base
reach_1202859_Full.jpg

Green
reach_1202921_Full.jpg

Caves
reach_1202917_Full.jpg

Gonna see if I can get some games on it so I can determine what kind of tweaks it need

NOKYARD

squidhands said:
And just an FYI to you forgers (if it hasn't been discussed already), using walls for flooring still presents the same glitch that it did in H3 with Sandbox, resulting in a skewed pitch. Fucking sucks, since now you can't really use the Colosseum Walls to create a massive flooring space without bumps. :-(
DON'T
PANIC

This is not an issue in Reach Forge.

What has happened was the coordinates did not save correctly. If you go back you will notice the coordinates are different from what they were prior to the save. Play around with them enough (save 'n quit) and you can get them to eventually stick (well, 2 out of the 3 axis anyway). Once the walls are in place they will remain in position until grabbed again.

GhaleonEB said:
What about the invisible phsics border around them? Is it identical to the visible modeling?
I can't tell one side from another. A wall placed on another in Normal mode mates to the pixel on either side. They appear to have the same degree of 'bump' as well. Again, not an issue.

Just goofing around in Forge resulted in, what else? A Grifball map.

Back to our roots.

Penthouse above.

Oddball room below (pre-game warm up variant) .
Finally! You can have different game variants appear in different areas.

(still trying to figure out how to get above the map to fix the corners)

Bloody Grifball

Sanic

I'm not sure what to do about Jetpacks.

The map isn't designed for them, so i'm debating if I should close off the map from 'exploitation' as much as possible (in this case, keeping jetpackers from getting on top of any structure), which would be a combination of high walls and soft kill zones. OR, just putting a soft kill zone over the top of the map and letting players go where they wish, for the most part. (the top of the highest structures would have the soft kill zone covering them, so players couldn't camp up on them)

This wouldn't be a problem for customs, as I could, of course, just remove the jetpack. But, however long/impossible of a shot it may be, it would be nice to see this map in matchmaking someday, and i'm assuming jetpacks would come into use at some point there.

Retro

I have a large area open to the sky that I used mostly for decoration. I tried a few things out, but putting a Soft Kill ("Return to battlefield") with a Hard kill (Kills anyone who touches it) above it seems to work. A warning than a punishment :lol.

Of course, there aren't any Jet Packs on my map, but there's always the chance that players will get them via Loadouts, so... yeah. Better safe than sorry.

NOKYARD said:
DON'T
PANIC

This is not an issue in Reach Forge.

What has happened was the coordinates did not save correctly. If you go back you will notice the coordinates are different from what they were prior to the save. Play around with them enough (save 'n quit) and you can get them to eventually stick (well, 2 out of the 3 axis anyway). Once the walls are in place they will remain in position until grabbed again.
Thanks for finding that out. I was hoping it could be remedied. :D

Sanic

Retro said:
I have a large area open to the sky that I used mostly for decoration. I tried a few things out, but putting a Soft Kill ("Return to battlefield") with a Hard kill (Kills anyone who touches it) above it seems to work. A warning than a punishment :lol.

Of course, there aren't any Jet Packs on my map, but there's always the chance that players will get them via Loadouts, so... yeah. Better safe than sorry.

Yeah, i'm thinking i'll go with the soft than hard kill. I've already tried closing off the map, and it just makes it look incredibly ugly, and I didn't have enough pieces to do it fully, so I wound up using softkill barriers anyway. I'll put it through testing and see how it works out.

By the way, I downloaded Cistern and thought it was great. I can't comment on how it plays, but I liked the basic design and it has a wonderful aesthetic :). I kept wanting to call it Moonpool though! Much more memorable to me :lol.

Mik2121

Pandoracell said:
I'm not sure what to do about Jetpacks.

The map isn't designed for them, so i'm debating if I should close off the map from 'exploitation' as much as possible (in this case, keeping jetpackers from getting on top of any structure), which would be a combination of high walls and soft kill zones. OR, just putting a soft kill zone over the top of the map and letting players go where they wish, for the most part. (the top of the highest structures would have the soft kill zone covering them, so players couldn't camp up on them)

This wouldn't be a problem for customs, as I could, of course, just remove the jetpack. But, however long/impossible of a shot it may be, it would be nice to see this map in matchmaking someday, and i'm assuming jetpacks would come into use at some point there.
Add safe zones / kill zones.

edit - you already decided.. never mind then :p

I'm actually thinking about handing out a substantial Microsoft Point card to the two people that can make the most accurate remakes of Valhalla (Halo 3) and The Edge (Quake 2).

Retro

Pandoracell said:
By the way, I downloaded Cistern and thought it was great. I can't comment on how it plays, but I liked the basic design and it has a wonderful aesthetic :). I kept wanting to call it Moonpool though! Much more memorable to me :lol.

Thanks for downloading and trying it out. I haven't managed to get anyone to playtest it with me yet either, so maybe we'll have to organize a Forge-thread specific Testing team that gets on and tries GAFfer creations out. Glad you liked it, I try to consider balance and landmarks as I play (I feel like weapon placement is probably my weakness though).

As for Moonpool... well, I liked that part of my map so much that I've been tinkering with a map built around it. I've been seeing how deep I can get players into the water without it killing them... we'll see how that plays out, but I've been considering a oil-rig type map...

... you know what though? That mid-field in Blood Gultch with the little muddy pools is really great. I was tinkering in forge earlier today and I was instantly drawn back to the same area just because having little muddy puddles means instant landmarks.

Mik2121

Retro said:
Thanks for downloading and trying it out. I haven't managed to get anyone to playtest it with me yet either, so maybe we'll have to organize a Forge-thread specific Testing team that gets on and tries GAFfer creations out. Glad you liked it, I try to consider balance and landmarks as I play (I feel like weapon placement is probably my weakness though).

As for Moonpool... well, I liked that part of my map so much that I've been tinkering with a map built around it. I've been seeing how deep I can get players into the water without it killing them... we'll see how that plays out, but I've been considering a oil-rig type map...

... you know what though? That mid-field in Blood Gultch with the little muddy pools is really great. I was tinkering in forge earlier today and I was instantly drawn back to the same area just because having little muddy puddles means instant landmarks.
Well, you will want to consider something else because that's what I'm working on :mad:

Or we can have two oil rigs.. I guess :p (it's not like they will look similar AT ALL, anyway)

Sanic

Retro said:
I haven't managed to get anyone to playtest it with me yet either, so maybe we'll have to organize a Forge-thread specific Testing team that gets on and tries GAFfer creations out.

That would be great. I'm up for testing out anyone's creations in any state, so if you need an extra player, post here or shoot me a PM :)

Retro

Mik2121 said:
Well, you will want to consider something else because that's what I'm working on :mad:

Or we can have two oil rigs.. I guess :p (it's not like they will look similar AT ALL, anyway)

The objects in Forge World do not lend themselves to contemporary design, so it's hard to make stuff that should be metal, concrete and such out of ultra-futuristic forerunner objects... so I'm leaning more towards just a big ocean-bound facility.

The design in my head right now is a large circular room with a large pool in the middle, but so far I don't have anything that makes the map unique, so we'll see. I'm a fan of asymmetrical maps so a big round room just doesn't do it for me.

I had originally wanted to do a dam, but there aren't any uneven bodies of water (since we can't build near the waterfalls.... damnit).

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
GarthVaderUK said:
My first Forge map, inspired by Mario Kart's Block Fort:

2925hzs.jpg

2nszacm.jpg

25ggqxi.jpg

I've only got team spawns in there so far, and I'm trying to create a Mongoose-based game type to play on it.

Download links for the map and the experimental game type if anyone is interested (game type is still a work in progress, but at the moment it's a variation of Crazy King):
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=1076373
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=864566

This would make a hot little slayer map. Maybe put some teleporters in the current vehicle bays, add some cover up top, and bam.

ShogunX

Just got done with creating Jacinto from Gears of War and two custom game types for the map.

Pictures -

Front View
2h58ilh.jpg

Back View
2gxia1s.jpg

Jacinto Remake currently supports all Slayer gametypes, Oddball, Static KOTH and Headhunter. CTF and Infection hopefully Coming soon.

Download Link - Jacinto

Custom Gametypes -

Gears Classic - Best of Five rounds, One life per round, Shotgun/Assault/Evade Loadout, No jumping, Nades Pick up only.

Download Link
- Gears Classic

Spartans of War
- 25 Score limit, Full jumping, 2x Frags, Shotgun/Assault/Evade Loadout.

Download Link - Spartans of War

Have decided to have a shot at making a Forge map for Halo. It's based around the concept of Foundation ie. four bases around a playing area but adding some extra entrances into the base to hopefully reduce camping and a bit more altitude. Will make slow progress on it but once done hopefully get some feedback.
Just glancing over the thread have people been able to succesfully use the colloseum wall as a floor or should i keep on using the building blocks? Any advice would be appreciated.
Am aiming for it to be a fun map for multiteam games such as 4 flag ctf, or maybe even stockpile or just slayer but don't know how successfull it will be.
reach_1407151_Full.jpg

GhaleonEB

GhaleonEB said:

reach_905666_Full.jpg

Step 2: Begin massing out the layout. I'm literally just dropping pieces in to mark off the size and shape of the map, rough and ugly, to get the scale, distances and floor space the way I want. That way I know it's workable when I actually start to build it out.

reach_1428576_Full.jpg

The idea is to have a BTB map for vehicles laid out like an infantry Slayer map, writ large. It's essentially a pair of figure eights stacked on top of each other, with the top one rotated slightly askew relative to the bottom, with a gap as it overlaps the bottom layer. Because I insist on using man cannons. (The buildings along with everything else are just there as placeholders/scale testing.)

It's ugly as hell right now but surprisingly decent to drive around on and the distances between firing points (no cover placed yet) are what I want.

More of this tomorrow, and then I'll actually start to build.

Gowans

I can't get over some of these maps.

Gona have to get some big customs going.

I gave up on updating the op with maps as it would be a chore and they seem to be coming thick and fast so some would have to be dropped.

Just remember to tag your fileshare with neogaf so we can use the link in the op to easy list all the maps & gametypes.

Everdred

I'm at work and Bungie.net is blocked but if anyone could tryout my DreadFalls in the NeoGAF tag link and give me some feed back that would be awesome. Set up for FFA, Territories at the moment. Kinda just interested in map layout, weapon and overall feedback. Will try to get some screen shots and a direct link up later this week but I'll be pretty busy.

Raide

dslgunstar said:
I'm actually thinking about handing out a substantial Microsoft Point card to the two people that can make the most accurate remakes of Valhalla (Halo 3) and The Edge (Quake 2).

Sounds fun!

I am working on Q3DM17 and Q1DM4 currently and I did look the The Edge. I am not sure there are large enough curves to do the central room. Just wondering how easy it would be to keep things enclosed. Q1DM4 had the same issue.

Mik2121

I just went through my Extended Yard map and fixed a few things:

* Added extra Red and Blue team spawns (8 per team)
* Added Green, Yellow, Orange, Brown, Pink and Purple teams spawns (4 per team)
* Added Initial Loadout Cameras for Red and Blue teams (1 per team)
* Added base colors for Red and Blue teams
* Added neutral spawns for Free For All (12)

Right now I'm working on:

* Adding Capture The Flag objectives
* Adding Oddball objectives
* Adding King of the Hill objectives
* Adding Extra weapons

After that, I will call this stage done and I will continue with my new stage.

Mik2121

Alright.. this is all my level supports now:

* Assault
* Capture The Flag
* Slayer
* Headhunter
* Juggernaut (nothing required)
* Oddball
* Slayer

And I'm adding support now for

* Infection
* Stockpile

Mik2121 said:
Alright.. this is all my level supports now:

* Assault
* Capture The Flag
* Slayer
* Headhunter
* Juggernaut (nothing required)
* Oddball
* Slayer

And I'm adding support now for

* Infection
* Stockpile

So if we already DLed it, we should go DL the new version huh?

Top Bottom