• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Alienshogun said:
More power to you.

Camp the shit out of that ledge and shit on kids until it's raining perfections. Milk that cow until Bungie pulls their heads out of their ass.

I can't wait 'til your book gets published and we can hear you telling this to the audience on Oprah.

Working title: "Bungie's Design Choices and You: A Get Shit On Story".

Gui_PT

30v2bgh.jpg

The first of 2011( that gif needs updating)

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
MrBig said:
halogaf is bad confirmed
I was gone from Reach for like 2-3 weeks cause my gold ran out, did not touch Reach during that time and I came back a better sniper than I was. WUT WUT IN THE BUTT.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Bregmann Roche said:
I can't wait 'til your book gets published and we can hear you telling this to the audience on Oprah.

Working title: "Bungie's Design Choices and You: A Get Shit On Story".

:lol :lol :lol

Alienshogun said:
Oh a little something that some of you may enjoy, yeah, it's the reward for that FF competition, but you can all get one free.

This isn't against TOS is it? If it is let me know and I'll remove it.

Click below to see how to get a free Banshee avatar prop, it's safe and easy.

http://www.badcartridge.com/index.php?/topic/1596-want-a-free-halo-reach-banshee-avatar-prop/page__view__findpost__p__31769

Reposting this for a new page, free Banshee avatar props for everyone!

Week 2 | Gametype: Vidmaster [First Place: 77,777 cR]

The Rules:

• Legendary Only.
  • Solo: Corvette (preferred), Waterfront only | 4 Players: Waterfront, Holdout only.
  • Just you, your Magnum, 4 of every grenade, and a whole lot of Covenant. There's more to Halo's weapons than a DMR and Magnum. Experiment.
  • 15 lives.
  • No defense play. Keep on moving. Don't hide behind cover so your shields can recharge. If you're hit, run so you don't get hit again. Exception to this rule: any wave with Skirmishers.
  • Must be online when attempting the challenge. Also, please provide a link to a saved film (don't have to render it). Don't be boring.
  • Style counts. Multikills, assassinations, sticks, you name it. The flashier, the better.

Options:
  • You can either play Solo, or in a party of 4. Player with most points in 4 Player will get combined score.
  • For extra difficulty (why?), you can play melee only, no hits from Grunts (or try to not get hit at all), and/or no health packs.
______

Week 1 Results

Rankings:

tgf7X.png
Zennshi: [+45,000 cR] | 45,000 cR
yk3ST.png
ZayneH: [+32,500 cR] | 32,500 cR
ECBRy.png
Louis Wu: [+26,250 cR] | 26,250 cR
1jS3S.png
Hydranockz: [+20,000 cR] | 20,000 cR
EdbCH.png
Guileless: [+15,000 cR] | 15,000 cR

I'll expand it for another week. Come on, guys! You can win a awesome Banshee Avatar Prop! That has a value I don't know 50ct? But it is totally awesome! And your XBL friend will be totally jealous I promise! I'm so jealous at Alienshogun, because he has the Banshee Avatar prop. Totally jealous, dudes! Totally!

I know, I know, Second Repost on this day, but this is just for the new page. Because no one at HaloGAF reads the previous page. *lol*

Alienshogun said:
:lol :lol :lol

Reposting this for a new page, free Banshee avatar props for everyone!

The site hasnt emailed me and I signed up this morning with 2 email's :( - can someone test that they are still handing em out?

bobs99 ... said:
The site hasnt emailed me and I signed up this morning with 2 email's :( - can someone test that they are still handing em out?
Can't you read german?
Vielen Dank für Ihre Anfrage!

Leider sind bereits alle Codes vergeben, so dass wir Ihnen keine Seriennummer mehr zuteilen können.

All codes are gone. But you can still win one in this Weekly challenge.*LOL*

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Plywood said:
I was gone from Reach for like 2-3 weeks cause my gold ran out, did not touch Reach during that time and I came back a better sniper than I was. WUT WUT IN THE BUTT.

:lol :lol

Striker

kylej said:
More small symmetrical maps ala The Pit Beaver Creek would go a huge huge huge way imo. Also, make a a Team Slayer Pro playlist. I like MLG and Arena but sometimes I just want to zone out and shit on kids while listening to music or chilling with my bros. I don't always feel like calling shit out or staying focused but I still want DMRs and no radar. Team Slayer is a dino rolling wasteland now that the weightings have been tweaked.
Fixed for better value.

GhaleonEB

I wish I could kill Kat sooner, so she'd stop getting in the Warthog when I'm trying to use the Gauss Hog's turret to kill Revenants and driving me straight into their line of fire.

GhaleonEB said:
I wish I could kill Kat sooner, so she'd stop getting in the Warthog when I'm trying to use the Gauss Hog's turret to kill Revenants and driving me straight into their line of fire.
You don't have to let her in the warthog, so there's that. I mean, really, just leave her at the AA or Comm Tower.

I didn't even realize I could take her past that point until my second playthough of Sword Base - figuring she just stayed with the anti-air defenses.

GhaleonEB said:
Put Kat on turret.

Give Rocket Launcher from Comm Tower to Marine in passenger seat.

Drive well.

GhaleonEB

Barrow Roll said:
Put Kat on turret.

Give Rocket Launcher from Comm Tower to Marine in passenger seat.

Drive well.
I was down to the last Revenant outside of ONI. I was in line of sight, but she wasn't firing because it was a touch too long. I boot her out of the turret, get on it myself, and she hops in the driver seat right away and drives me into the line of fire before I can kill it.

GhaleonEB said:
I was down to the last Revenant outside of ONI. I was in line of sight, but she wasn't firing because it was a touch too long. I boot her out of the turret, get on it myself, and she hops in the driver seat right away and drives me into the line of fire before I can kill it.
In that situation a firm back hand shows her who's boss.

Havok

GhaleonEB said:
You can just barrel past all the vehicles in that end section to the gate, they won't follow you up. It's how I've been doing it the past few times.

Havok said:
You can just barrel past all the vehicles in that end section to the gate, they won't follow you up. It's how I've been doing it the past few times.
Avoid... blowing stuff up? I just don't even...

GhaleonEB

Havok said:
On Legendary? Not worth the risk. I was in full health with a pristine Gauss Hog and it took exactly one shot to blow us up. And the Revenant was at the top of the hill near the gate.

Besides, I like being methodical.

Havok

Its only really worth running past on Legendary, the enemies aren't difficult enough to worry about on the other difficulties. I understand being methodical, though. It's how I play when there isn't a challenge associated, weirdly enough.

Man, I miss Reach. :(

My 360 died about a month ago, and I haven't been able to get it fixed.

Have I missed anything? Have they chosen the winners for the Forgetacular Contest?

Sorry, I don't wanna sift through the thread to find out for myself. :lol

GhaleonEB

I'm just going to go ahead and say the friendly AI is the worst in the entire series. It's one of those things where the more I pay attention to it, the more I see how idiotic they are. If they're not murdering me outright they're wandering around aimlessly of no use whatsoever. And now that I'm trying to manage them on ONI, they're doing a combination of the two - but not actually helping in any way.

I get that Halo asks the AI to do a lot more heavy lifting than most shooters, especially when it comes to vehicles. But this is the fifth Bungie Halo game, and these guys are morans.

Sai-kun

Banned
ZayneH said:
Putting top men on it. Or something.

[edit: shitty joke nvm lmao]

but seriously fix that shit.

also ugh colonel -> brig is dragging on forever. :| Maybe I'll hit General by the time school gets out this year.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Sai-kun said:
[edit: shitty joke nvm lmao]

but seriously fix that shit.

also ugh colonel -> brig is dragging on forever. :| Maybe I'll hit General by the time school gets out this year.

Don't be all crazy now, your orc warlock won't let you.

MIMIC

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
I'm just going to go ahead and say the friendly AI is the worst in the entire series. It's one of those things where the more I pay attention to it, the more I see how idiotic they are. If they're not murdering me outright they're wandering around aimlessly of no use whatsoever. And now that I'm trying to manage them on ONI, they're doing a combination of the two - but not actually helping in any way.

I get that Halo asks the AI to do a lot more heavy lifting than most shooters, especially when it comes to vehicles. But this is the fifth Bungie Halo game, and these guys are morans.

It's REALLY annoying on Legendary when you need all the help you can (at certain times). At one point, I honestly preferred that I use the Warthog turret with no driver because of the AI's atrocious driving. But the dumb AI WANTS to drive you so you have to try and get the car as far away from him as possible before he gets in and inevitably does something stupid.

And I want to complain about armor lock again.....

I really wish it that it was removed from the game completely.....along with the hologram thing. I was playing a match last night and it was like something from the circus; it was the most gimmicky match that I had ever played: holograms running around everywhere, seeing my teammate and an opposing team member in an armor lock standoff (holy shit this was so dumb to watch).

I'm surprised that you can't perform a teleport. That would SERIOUSLY help out. "Are you one shot from death? Well, just hit LB and you'll teleport safely to a designated spawning point!" -_-

GhaleonEB

MIMIC said:
It's REALLY annoying on Legendary when you need all the help you can (at certain times). At one point, I honestly preferred that I use the Warthog turret with no driver because of the AI's atrocious driving. But the dumb AI WANTS to drive you so you have to try and get the car as far away from him as possible before he gets in and inevitably does something stupid.
Yeah. On Heroic I kind of ignore them and do my own thing, but because enemies do so much damage on Legendary, I have to try and leverage them. But it's like herding angry, homicidal cats.

Havok

Regarding the friendly AI, I seem to remember the old metal-plated Marines in the first Halo being really efficient, losing intelligence each game (even in Halo 2, I loaded the Marines on High Charity up with Carbines and they tore stuff up). It might be nostalgia speaking, though. They seem to want to take cover more and more through the past few games, stacking up on bits of geometry and then not doing anything with it, and immediately pulling off and going to another piece of cover. It makes them seem braindead, because they're not offensively capable in the slightest. Doing ONI today made it very obvious that the Warthog gunner AI needs to be fixed, with better prioritization of targets ("no, not the Grunts, the GHOST, you asshole!"), and full automatic capabilities, rather than the tiny, ineffective bursts they shoot now.

On another topic, I wasn't a big fan of the map pack achievements when they were first announced, but somehow I lucked (the emphasis is important, because these aren't really skill-based achievements) myself into getting all of the difficult ones (the stockpile and double kill from the grave, specifically). That they exist seems to contradict what Bungie said they learned from the Halo 3 achievements: not to encourage the player to play in a specific way. But there's a shotgun-only achievement right there, along with the 'get a kill in rocket race' achievement that encourages players to be dicks and not seek the actual objective of the gametype. It really makes me wonder what they really took away from the Halo 3 achievement outcry.

GhaleonEB

Havok said:
Regarding the friendly AI, I seem to remember the old metal-plated Marines in the first Halo being really efficient, losing intelligence each game (even in Halo 2, I loaded the Marines on High Charity up with Carbines and they tore stuff up). It might be nostalgia speaking, though. They seem to want to take cover more and more through the past few games, stacking up on bits of geometry and then not doing anything with it, and immediately pulling off and going to another piece of cover. It makes them seem braindead, because they're not offensively capable in the slightest. Doing ONI today made it very obvious that the Warthog gunner AI needs to be fixed, with better prioritization of targets ("no, not the Grunts, the GHOST, you asshole!"), and full automatic capabilities, rather than the tiny, ineffective bursts they shoot now.
One of my favorite things to do in Halo 2 was load up a Marine with a BR and another with a Sniper Rifle on the level where you ride the big gondola when going after Regret (I think it was Regret). I could keep them alive all the way from the start of the mission to the boss battle on Heroic. They were accurate and sharp and would work with me all the way through the mission.

I wish the AI were that good in Reach.

GhaleonEB said:
One of my favorite things to do in Halo 2 was load up a Marine with a BR and another with a Sniper Rifle on the level where you ride the big gondola when going after Regret (I think it was Regret). I could keep them alive all the way from the start of the mission to the boss battle on Heroic. They were accurate and sharp and would work with me all the way through the mission.

I wish the AI were that good in Reach.
I remember, by habit, after replaying the campaign so many times, I made a new mini-game for myself of which the objective was to keep as many Marines alive as possible. I tend to do that whenever I replay the games now. In Halo 1, you were rewarded for it on AotCR when you got Charlie team to a certain point and there was two extra lines of dialogue.

Plywood said:

Sniping is so easy in Reach you legit relax your skills after playing it for awhile. Taking a break re-ups those skills to normal sniping skill requirement level.

HEY GUYS LETS ADD A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF TIME THE MOST POPULAR WEAPONS CAN BE USED EFFECTIVELY SO THERES A BIG FAT WINDOW FOR QUICKSCOPING SNIPERS TO DONG ON KIDS WITH! (great thinking there mr lets spend a billion hours on a presentation why .05 seconds makes the sniper SO DIFFERENT when really you hardly know shit about your own game)

xxjuicesxx said:
Sniping is so easy in Reach you legit relax your skills after playing it for awhile. Taking a break re-ups those skills to normal sniping skill requirement level.

HEY GUYS LETS ADD A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF TIME THE MOST POPULAR WEAPONS CAN BE USED EFFECTIVELY SO THERES A BIG FAT WINDOW FOR QUICKSCOPING SNIPERS TO DONG ON KIDS WITH! (great thinking there mr lets spend a billion hours on a presentation why .05 seconds makes the sniper SO DIFFERENT when really you hardly know shit about your own game)

Yeah I dont get why they felt the need to 'idiot proof' the Sniper, the road to actually getting good with the thing in Halo 3 kept me playing far longer than any games ranking system has, and getting impressive kills with it was actually satisfying before.

I guess its more fun for everyone this way, but at a irritating cost.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
MrBig said:
I can't believe I'm saying this but I am currently downloading that album.

:lol

bobs99 ... said:
Yeah I dont get why they felt the need to 'idiot proof' the Sniper, the road to actually getting good with the thing in Halo 3 kept me playing far longer than any games ranking system has, and getting impressive kills with it was actually satisfying before.

I guess its more fun for everyone this way, but at a irritating cost.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I probably am, but isn't the only difference hitscan?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
xxjuicesxx said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Alienshogun said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, and I probably am, but isn't the only difference hitscan?

Basically the window frame of bloom inaccuracy time on the DMR/Pistol/Nerfle makes it easier to noscope/quickscope, makes leapfrogging harder too, because of that the gunplay changes a lot in game.

Top Bottom