• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Alienshogun said:
I've gotta admit, that was a lot of fun, more than I typically have with HaloGAF.

Do you tell that to all your lovers? :lol

Apologies for missing Customs this week. I've been rather busy.

Whats the custom scene with HaloGAF? I haven't been to any since like the game came out...

Still kinda laggy, with way too many people, uneven teams, and way too many vehicles?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Dani said:
Do you tell that to all your lovers? :lol

Apologies for missing Customs this week. I've been rather busy.

:lol

Well to be fair, a lot of the times custom is a bit too serious with GAF, this today was just crazy fun. :D

xxjuicesxx said:
Whats the custom scene with HaloGAF? I haven't been to any since like the game came out...

Still kinda laggy, with way too many people, uneven teams, and way too many vehicles?

That is how I remember it, yep.

zumphry

Banned
Shootin' and Lootin' - 2500cR
Kill 250 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

Office of Not Dying - 4000cR
Complete ONI on Legendary without dying.

J.H. Death Machine - 1500cR
Kill 20 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking with the Grenade Launcher.

Heroic Holdout - 1000cR
Kill 50 enemies on Holdout on Heroic in Firefight Matchmaking.

Guess I can get the Weekly, then. :D

Whys my Arena FFA's showing as losses when I got 2nd,2nd,3rd, and 4th..in the blue/grey bar game streak history thingy?

In the By Playlist section it shows as top 33% and top 50%'s, no defeats.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
HOLY SHIT @ CRYPTUM!!!!!

shutterstock_377165532.jpg

MIND EXPLOSION!

My god remove Glacier from FF MM the map cannot run at a stable framerate.

Jesus I should get +5000 bonus credits for having to sit through 30 minutes of this garbage.

Blueblur1

xxjuicesxx said:
My god remove Glacier from FF MM the map cannot run at a stable framerate.

Jesus I should get +5000 bonus credits for having to sit through 30 minutes of this garbage.
In my experience, it only runs well when playing by yourself [Score Attack] and playing a game of Gruntpocalypse.

Blueblur1 said:
In my experience, it only runs well when playing by yourself [Score Attack] and playing a game of Gruntpocalypse.

Yea I would imagine it would work better in that mode. Its like everytime I looked down the middle from the base it just halted and made aiming so unsmooth it was just a really frustrating time.

I really don't think they should have it in the rotation the way it plays . Its just like unprofessional or something. I dunno.

xxjuicesxx said:
Its like everytime I looked down the middle from the base it just halted

That's the joke get it? "Glacier"? Makes your xbox move at a glacial pace. Bungie's trollin' us yo!

It's really weird that they left it in. Had they never said anything about it then I doubt there would be a huge uproar over the lack of Firefight maps in the game. Especially because everything else about Firefight is either completely awesome as it is, or is tweekable in the menus.

Kuroyume

Banned
I actually like that it's in. I'd rather have it in that not since I don't really like many of the FF maps. The one on nightfall is the most annoying because of the stupid jackal that pops out of the cliff with the focus rifle. Whoever thought of that at Bungie is an asshole. The problem with Glacier is that the games are so damn long. If the games were as short as they were when the game launched it wouldn't be as much as a problem. Now the games are long and they switch to mythic in the middle of the game and give everyone fuel rod cannons. Yeah, that makes sense on a map that lags a lot.

MrBig

Kuroyume said:
I actually like that it's in. I'd rather have it in that not since I don't really like many of the FF maps. The one on nightfall is the most annoying because of the stupid jackal that pops out of the cliff with the focus rifle. Whoever thought of that at Bungie is an asshole. The problem with Glacier is that the games are so damn long. If the games were as short as they were when the game launched it wouldn't be as much as a problem. Now the games are long and they switch to mythic in the middle of the game and give everyone fuel rod cannons. Yeah, that makes sense on a map that lags a lot.
They actually talked about how terribly annoying that jackal is in the legendary commentary

Blueblur1

This was not cool. Getting sniped is already frustrating on Hemmorhage since the map is so big that when you do get sniped, you have very little idea where the shot came. And it's infuriating when it's coming from some hidey hole or ledge you've never seen before. Dude, even gets on top of the map. >:|

reach_12356407_Full.jpg

reach_12356442_Full.jpg

reach_12356418_Full.jpg

And you can get up to the point in the first screenshot without the use of a jetpack (rendered film link).

Finally, you can still get to the top of the wall on Asylum. It isn't as egregious as the Hemorrhage spot though.

reach_12357373_Full.jpg

MrBig

I don't bother with going on top of the map, but I do go hide up here
1.jpg

I can see pretty much the whole map and you have that ridge to hide behind if someone start shooting
2.jpg

You're out of LOD range if they go through the teleporter unless they zoom in. You can get fucked if you have a bad team and they get up the cliff path though.
3.jpg

I got another perfection that game :D

I don't get why they don't have a sky kill barrier to just block all of it off and not worry about. It's not like there's any flying vehicles.

Also a bonus armor lock heroes shot from that game.
alh.jpg

Ramirez

MrBig said:
I don't bother with going on top of the map, but I do go hide up here
1.jpg

I can see pretty much the whole map and you have that ridge to hide behind if someone start shooting

How does it feel to be a scrub sniper who needs some obscure location to actually kill someone with it? HEH

MrBig

Ramirez said:
How does it feel to be a scrub sniper who needs some obscure location to actually kill someone with it? HEH
Obscure? Someone could easily take me out if they wanted to, it's the most obvious sniping spot in the whole map, and only works when your team controls the enemy base :lol

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
MrBig said:
Obscure? Someone could easily take me out if they wanted to, it's the most obvious sniping spot in the whole map, and only works when your team controls the enemy base :lol
You're out of LOD range if they go through the teleporter unless they zoom in. You can get fucked if you have a bad team and they get up the cliff path though.
:lol :lol

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
MrBig said:
You can still see the sniper tracer and as soon as you shoot someone they'll know you're there, I just got lucky that game.
I got another perfection that game

You were bragging about how great that hiding spot was, how you can hide behind the rock if someone shoots at you, how the LOD system makes you invisible from teleporter range (and presumably the entire level beyond that point). You implied this gets you Perfections since it got another one. You said you only do this when you get the Sniper rifle, so rare that you only get your hands on it every one in ten games, implying you do this every time you can.

Then you call someone using Armour Lock in BTB a hero.

kylej

Banned
That is a little lame, luckily Halo: Reach provides its players with the ability to turn invincible or invisible at the press of a button. Please try these top techniques when getting donged on.

kylej said:
Please try these top techniques when getting donged on.

Current personal "Rejection" medal count: 2,016. That's over 2,000 deaths prevented by Armor Lock! I'm the reason the online experience is so bad! I also have 31 kills via the lock. Geico doesn't even offer that kind of protection!

Good Times!

kylej

Banned
Bregmann Roche said:
Current personal "Rejection" medal count: 2,016. That's over 2,000 deaths prevented by Armor Lock!

What a coincidence, that's also the same number of players switching from Halo to COD every day.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Gui_PT said:
Wooooooow. You really one of those guys?

How do you think he keeps getting perfections? :lol

kylej said:
What a coincidence, that's also the same number of players switching from Halo to COD every day.

Eh, last two times I've been on COD this weekend their number has been 800k which is an overall decrease.

Halo has been hovering around 200k which is in general an increase as of late.

It's not THAT bad, and as much as we bash it, it's still an awesome game.

Some shit just needs to get fixed/moved.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Nutter said:

you would get schooled two ways to sunday

I do not have to rely on an obscure wall/cliff and still snipe fools, just saying.

Sprint double melee?

I kid, I kid.

NUTTER NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Im not sure what the big difference is, maybe the character models or something, but its true that people just tend to find a little hidey hole and snipe - it sucks. BTB Snipes on Hemmorage was the most frustrating experiance ever, everyone would just camp around theyre base, in positions where you cant see them until you go past a certain point on the map where they would be scoped in staring at. I used to charge them and still take a bunch out before dieing - when you die though you have another trek across Hemmorage.

If you havent pulled off similar performances on older Halo where hiding with a Snipe was a lot harder your the bad one. :lol

MrBig

Alienshogun said:
How do you think he keeps getting perfections? :lol
I've got 5! I've got 2 while sniping and that one right there was the only one I got while camping. And it was only because the other team was terrible, it ended up being something like 100-20. my team was dominating with vehicles, I played clean up.

Again, all they have to do is put a soft kill barrier as a ceiling or people are just going to keep abusing the map. My spot at least leaves me vulnerable.

kylej

Banned
Alienshogun said:
It's not THAT bad, and as much as we bash it, it's still an awesome game.

Some shit just needs to get fixed/moved.

More small symmetrical maps ala The Pit would go a huge huge huge way imo. Also, make a a Team Slayer Pro playlist. I like MLG and Arena but sometimes I just want to zone out and shit on kids while listening to music or chilling with my bros. I don't always feel like calling shit out or staying focused but I still want DMRs and no radar. Team Slayer is a dino rolling wasteland now that the weightings have been tweaked.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
kylej said:
More small symmetrical maps ala The Pit would go a huge huge huge way imo. Also, make a a Team Slayer Pro playlist. I like MLG and Arena but sometimes I just want to zone out and shit on kids while listening to music or chilling with my bros. I don't always feel like calling shit out or staying focused but I still want DMRs and no radar. Team Slayer is a dino rolling wasteland now that the weightings have been tweaked.

The thing is, a lot of people don't like pro because of the removal of radar. If they simply removed armor lock from TS I think it would be amazing, sure the other crap AAs are there, but at least it would be THAT much more tolerable. I will still vote pro every time, but I don't think a pro playlist is the answer since I think it would be a ghost town.

If I want pro that bad I would just go into Arena/MLG and get raped by kids who are way better than me.

Don't get me wrong, I would vote pro every time it's available, but I think the general population at large doesn't like pro, but I DO think the population at large would like TS without the "na na you can't kill me" button.

On a side note.

I've gotten used to bloom, and against what a lot of people bitch about, it makes gameplay more satisfying to me. More often than not correctly pacing your shots will net you victory, sure there are times like Domino points out that randomness occurs, but there are also times you're killed by a traffic cone. I think the ones still bitching about it just haven't adjusted yet, and are simply opposed to change. Just like what happened H2 to H3.

MrBig said:
I've got 5! I've got 2 while sniping and that one right there was the only one I got while camping. And it was only because the other team was terrible, it ended up being something like 100-20. my team was dominating with vehicles, I played clean up.

Again, all they have to do is put a soft kill barrier as a ceiling or people are just going to keep abusing the map. My spot at least leaves me vulnerable.

Dude, play how you want. Just like I've been saying with how I play in multiteam this isn't your fault it's Bungie's fault.

Their map design, their gameplay choices, everything that the COMMUNITY is doing that irks people is Bungie's fault, because they allow it to keep happening.

More power to you.

Camp the shit out of that ledge and shit on kids until it's raining perfections. Milk that cow until Bungie pulls their heads out of their ass.

Blueblur1

bobs99 ... said:
Im not sure what the big difference is, maybe the character models or something, but its true that people just tend to find a little hidey hole and snipe - it sucks. BTB Snipes on Hemmorage was the most frustrating experiance ever, everyone would just camp around theyre base, in positions where you cant see them until you go past a certain point on the map where they would be scoped in staring at. I used to charge them and still take a bunch out before dieing - when you die though you have another trek across Hemmorage.

If you havent pulled off similar performances on older Halo where hiding with a Snipe was a lot harder your the bad one. :lol
That happens because (a) they're making bigger maps than ever - which is not always a good thing - and (b) the artists have gone nuts with decorators such as rocks and trees. Having a bunch of rocks, bushes and trees sprawled across the gorge walls makes the map prettier but it sucks when it affects the gameplay!

Week 2 | Gametype: Vidmaster [First Place: 77,777 cR]

The Rules:

• Legendary Only.
  • Solo: Corvette (preferred), Waterfront only | 4 Players: Waterfront, Holdout only.
  • Just you, your Magnum, 4 of every grenade, and a whole lot of Covenant. There's more to Halo's weapons than a DMR and Magnum. Experiment.
  • 15 lives.
  • No defense play. Keep on moving. Don't hide behind cover so your shields can recharge. If you're hit, run so you don't get hit again. Exception to this rule: any wave with Skirmishers.
  • Must be online when attempting the challenge. Also, please provide a link to a saved film (don't have to render it). Don't be boring.
  • Style counts. Multikills, assassinations, sticks, you name it. The flashier, the better.

Options:
  • You can either play Solo, or in a party of 4. Player with most points in 4 Player will get combined score.
  • For extra difficulty (why?), you can play melee only, no hits from Grunts (or try to not get hit at all), and/or no health packs.
______

Week 1 Results

Rankings:

tgf7X.png
Zennshi: [+45,000 cR] | 45,000 cR
yk3ST.png
ZayneH: [+32,500 cR] | 32,500 cR
ECBRy.png
Louis Wu: [+26,250 cR] | 26,250 cR
1jS3S.png
Hydranockz: [+20,000 cR] | 20,000 cR
EdbCH.png
Guileless: [+15,000 cR] | 15,000 cR

I'll expand it for another week. Come on, guys! You can win a awesome Banshee Avatar Prop! That has a value I don't know 50ct? But it is totally awesome! And your XBL friend will be totally jealous I promise!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hypertrooper said:
I'll expand it for another week. Come on, guys! You can win a awesome Banshee Avatar Prop! That has a value I don't know 50ct? But it is totally awesome! And your XBL friend will be totally jealous I promise!

I already linked to free Banshee avatar propness. :D

Still a cool contest either way.

Top Bottom