• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Booties

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
Yea but nobody has to render anything I'm going to download them and render them on my computer in theater.

Just throw up links to fileshares and I'll queue the download.

Everyone, seriously.

Oh word? I already did but it was a video I've wanted rendered anyway. Here's the link http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=10438530&player=B 2 DA OOTIES

and since i sniped the page here is a funny snipe i got on a team mate who just couldn't let me have the sniper rifle

http://www.youtube.com/user/Booties14?feature=mhum#p/u/0/RL6qOTqNqGI

Gui_PT said:
Do you need any help? I imagine people will send you tons of videos. Maybe some help managing who sent what or something similar?

I'm sure I'll need help on something.

Rendering stuff, getting the material - first step - isn't actually too hard...I just need to click the fileshare links here and queue the download, and once I get a good amount of stuff downloaded go through and capture it all.

SO IF YOU WANT IN THE MONTAGE PM ME YOUR FILESHARE LINK. I'LL DO THE REST, NO NEED TO WASTE RENDER MINUTES. (I'll probably be recording multiple shots or angles anyways)

xxjuicesxx said:

Rendering stuff, getting the material - first step - isn't actually too hard...I just need to click the fileshare links here and queue the download, and once I get a good amount of stuff downloaded go through and capture it all.

SO IF YOU WANT IN THE MONTAGE PM ME YOUR FILESHARE LINK. I'LL DO THE REST, NO NEED TO WASTE RENDER MINUTES. (I'll probably be recording multiple shots or angles anyways)

I'l definitely PM you a couple of clips dude. I'll also wish you good luck! Take it from someone that knows, it's damn hard work (and I didn't even have to do the capture part...).

xxjuicesxx said:

Its really generous of you to offer to make a community tage! I will have a look and see if I have anything a bit later, right now im not too sure I have any clips that would work well in a montage.

Good luck! Even if I dont find time to send a few clips I cant wait to see the end result.

xxjuicesxx said:
Yea but nobody has to render anything I'm going to download them and render them on my computer in theater.

Just throw up links to fileshares and I'll queue the download.

Everyone, seriously.
There are other sillier ones in my fileshare, but bank is the best I've got so far. Feel free to look around at my craptacularness, though.

GhaleonEB

I send over the two impressive things I've managed to do later tonight, juices.

Firefight Limited is pretty great. I think Bungie may have put something in place to boot idlers mid-game - several games now have had idlers drop off after a few minutes. That or maybe I'm just lucky.

Had an amusing game on Corvette just now. Two guys drain five lives between them in three minutes and then drop off. Then it's me and one other guy, who drains the rest of the lives right away. And sticks around. I end up with six Hero medals in one game, and two deaths total including the game-ender to a direct FRG hit. I spent almost as much time solo as with him alive.

I suppose I could have been annoyed, but it was kind of fun. I'm like, I can do this, I've played eight thousand games of Score Attack. *enters turtle mode*

A half hour later I get five thousand credits, scoring nearly 50k points to his 4k. I'd link to the game but b.net is lagging a bit.
ShinAmano said:
You serious Clark?

I will get some time with limited tonight...looking forward to it.
That was a joke. More like a couple hundred. (Edit: okay, 320.) But still, a lot and enough that I know how to handle a full wave solo. (Note to the dude I was playing with: it's not by standing in the middle of the map with the plasma turret.)

I left a few thoughts on the Crash Site game type here, on the Firefight Limited b.net thread.

Edit: um, eight thousand games of Score Attack at ten minutes each is 55 days worth of play time. I thought that was a sufficient exaggeration to make the sarcasm clear. I should have gone with a hajillion. :lol

ShinAmano

GhaleonEB said:
I suppose I could have been annoyed, but it was kind of fun. I'm like, I can do this, I've played eight thousand games of Score Attack. *enters turtle mode*
You serious Clark?

I will get some time with limited tonight...looking forward to it.

Cracking up that Ghaleon talks so much of FF that when he says 8k matches, multiple people don't read it as hyperbole /laughing emoticon

So, did the weekly with Booties last night and it wasn't nearly as bad as advertised. It was actually a fascinating experience, I didn't feel like I was playing a video game, but rather watching a movie. An interactive movie I suppose but made for an interesting experience that ultimately makes me think it was a good challenge. That said, I agree with Ghaleon that Blind ruins the gameplay so this should not be a recurring challenge. For a one time unique experience, I enjoyed it. GG Booties.

Saw 3 different Eclipses last night in SWAT, beginning to wonder how many there are. God they're terrible. What's the point of playing endless hours of FF and Campaign to boost your rank for bragging rights if you're going to get pooped on in MM and ridiculed? I didn't say anything but several people did in the pregame lobby each time and the one time Booties and I had one on our team, he quit with only 4 kills to save face... I guess this rant is really about asking why do people boost? Same thing happened in Halo 2 and 3. I don't understand how you can feel badass because of a number or badge beside your name if you can't back it up in the slightest. /endrant

Squall ASF said:
Cracking up that Ghaleon talks so much of FF that when he says 8k matches, multiple people don't read it as hyperbole /laughing emoticon

So, did the weekly with Booties last night and it wasn't nearly as bad as advertised. It was actually a fascinating experience, I didn't feel like I was playing a video game, but rather watching a movie. An interactive movie I suppose but made for an interesting experience that ultimately makes me think it was a good challenge. That said, I agree with Ghaleon that Blind ruins the gameplay so this should not be a recurring challenge. For a one time unique experience, I enjoyed it. GG Booties.

Saw 3 different Eclipses last night in SWAT, beginning to wonder how many there are. God they're terrible. What's the point of playing endless hours of FF and Campaign to boost your rank for bragging rights if you're going to get pooped on in MM and ridiculed? I didn't say anything but several people did in the pregame lobby each time and the one time Booties and I had one on our team, he quit with only 4 kills to save face... I guess this rant is really about asking why do people boost? Same thing happened in Halo 2 and 3. I don't understand how you can feel badass because of a number or badge beside your name if you can't back it up in the slightest. /endrant
feelsgoodman.jpg

ShinAmano said:
Or just exclude Blind...it is the only one that is a problem.
Well, it's not like putting on the other silvers would nullify anything. Just easier to say all gold skulls instead of all skulls except blind. But yes, that skull is the only issue.

ShinAmano

Squall ASF said:
Well, it's not like putting on the other silvers would nullify anything. Just easier to say all gold skulls instead of all skulls except blind. But yes, that skull is the only issue.
Some of the levels will be impossible with LASO as it is currently...and I don't mean hard I mean literally impossible.

GhaleonEB

ShinAmano said:
Some of the levels will be impossible with LASO as it is currently...and I don't mean hard I mean literally impossible.
Nah. It's been done solo. Guide and videos here. I didn't reference this for the current one, only reviewing it after and realizing how much more we could skip than we did. But I'll probably reference it for the later missions.

BTW, here's that game I played this morning. My only death was the game-ender late in the third Round. My buddy had 14, and I got six Hero medals. :lol

ShinAmano

GhaleonEB said:
Nah. It's been done solo. Guide and videos here. I didn't reference this for the current one, only reviewing it after and realizing how much more we could skip than we did. But I'll probably reference it for the later missions.

BTW, here's that game I played this morning. My only death was the game-ender late in the third Round. My buddy had 14, and I got six Hero medals. :lol
Looks like even there they have not finished all the stages. Well unless the payouts are much bigger than this weeks most of the other levels will just be a pain.

GhaleonEB

ShinAmano said:
Looks like even there they have not finished all the stages. Well unless the payouts are much bigger than this weeks most of the other levels will just be a pain.
The guy who writes it also did a full, separate Legendary Guide that he wrapped up earlier this month, so he'd been multitasking. The rest of the Mythic missions will be done in short order.

Tyrant's Reach Legendary Guide - Chapter the Last

Tyrant's finished up his Legendary Guide - the final chapter is now online on YouTube. You can read about it (and watch an embedded version) on Bungie.net's Comm Chatter, or you can visit the Playlist link at YouTube, and see it in order. Don't worry - the Mythic versions of the last three chapters are coming soon!

I do wish the Blind skull was left out. With it left off, the game would be about fighting through incredible odds. With it on, most of the guide is how run past as many encounters as possible.

GhaleonEB said:

I watched Tyrant's group run over at High Speed Halo, and holy crap do I feel like an idiot for dying as many times as I did. Had no idea that you could keep that last door open by having the rest of the group stay in there while you flush out the sword Elite. I will be committing the Sword Base run to memory for the next challenge.

squidhands said:
I watched Tyrant's group run over at High Speed Halo, and holy crap do I feel like an idiot for dying as many times as I did. Had no idea that you could keep that last door open by having the rest of the group stay in there while you flush out the sword Elite. I will be committing the Sword Base run to memory for the next challenge.

What door are you talking about?

NOKYARD

squidhands said:
I watched Tyrant's group run over at High Speed Halo, and holy crap do I feel like an idiot for dying as many times as I did. Had no idea that you could keep that last door open by having the rest of the group stay in there while you flush out the sword Elite.
The door stays open until any player enters the server room (where the computer thingies go up and down). If you go any further than the hallway shown in the video, the door closes and all players spawn on the ramp.

Wait until you see the 12:08 SLASO run by RC Master i am posting later tonight.

Hypertrooper said:
Juice it is okay, if I send you the Fileshare links at the weekend?

Yea I have no schedule stopping point right now. I want to gather clips from a good percentage of the people who make up HaloGAF.

Gui_PT said:
Yeah Juices, what's the time limit for the PM's?

None...I'll try and use what I can, and try and include everybody who sends me something.

GhaleonEB said:
Just MP, or you want some Firefight/Campaign stuff too? (I'm assuming MP, but thought I'd check.)

Yea I would say just MP.

GhaleonEB

xxjuicesxx said:
Yea I have no schedule stopping point right now. I want to gather clips from a good percentage of the people who make up HaloGAF.
Just MP, or you want some Firefight/Campaign stuff too? (I'm assuming MP, but thought I'd check.)

xxjuicesxx said:

Yea I would say just MP.
I'll check to see what I've got. I've saved a few multiplayer films, so I might have something good in there.

Does Firefight also count, or is it strict multiplayer only?

zumphry

Banned
NOKYARD said:
The door stays open until any player enters the server room (where the computer thingies go up and down). If you go any further than the hallway shown in the video, the door closes and all players spawn on the ramp.

Wait until you see the 12:08 SLASO run by RC Master i am posting later tonight.

I'm glad that the weekly/weeklies are going to spur more runs for Reach. Though, I'm sure that time's gonna get slimmed down to around 10/11 minutes, but that's playing it safe.

Wonder if Nightfall will be cut down to less than 3 minutes by the time that rolls around..

MrBig

ZayneH said:
I'm glad that the weekly/weeklies are going to spur more runs for Reach. Though, I'm sure that time's gonna get slimmed down to around 10/11 minutes, but that's playing it safe.

Wonder if Nightfall will be cut down to less than 3 minutes by the time that rolls around..
I could do it in 3 minutes if it wasn't for that fucking turret in the second main encounter.
I found a way to bypass one of the loading zones.

Where's the 12m WC though?

Louis Wu

ShinAmano said:

Tyrant's finished all runs on Mythic - the guides are just not all written up yet. (New Alexandria goes live on Friday - I'm just crunching the videos now.)

Tyrant's Reach Fileshare

Edit: beaten by Ghal

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
That post about NoF taking people's views on a Classic playlist seriously is awesome. I don't know if NoF reads GAF, but here's my two cents on what a 'Classic' playlist would consist of:

• No Armor Abilities whatsoever.
  • Jump height and player speed equal to that of Halo 3
  • No fall damage and stun (thanks Dani!)
  • Regenerating health (no health packs at all) and slightly faster shield recharge rate (thanks Dani!)
  • AR/Pistol starts for Slayer, DMR/AR starts for other gametypes
  • No new Reach weapons (No Needle Rifle, Focus Rifle, Pro Pipe, Plasma Repeater, Plasma Launcher)
  • Camo and Overshield power-up on specific maps, if possible
  • No 3D radar (?) (is this even possible to change in Customs?)
  • 5v5 with Slayer, Slayer DMRs, Multi-Flag CTF and Neutral Assault only
  • Slight damage increase (?)
I know there'll be folks who don't agree with my list, but that's okay, this is just what I think of when talking about 'Classic' settings. Maybe if HaloGAF came together and put a comprehensive list of what HaloGAF considers 'Classic', we can have a meeting of the minds with other Halo community sites and come up with one general list of what is considered 'Classic'?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Domino Theory said:
That post about NoF taking people's views on a Classic playlist seriously is awesome. I don't know if NoF reads GAF, but here's my two cents on what a 'Classic' playlist would consist of:

• No Armor Abilities whatsoever.
  • Jump height and player speed equal to that of Halo 3
  • AR/Pistol starts for Slayer, DMR/AR starts for other gametypes
  • No new Reach weapons (No Needle Rifle, Focus Rifle, Pro Pipe, Plasma Repeater)
  • Camo and Overshield power-up on specific maps, if possible
  • No 3D radar (?) (is this even possible to change in Customs?)
  • 5v5 playlist with Slayer, Slayer DMRs, Multi-Flag CTF and Neutral Assault only
  • Slight damage increase (?)
I know there'll be folks who don't agree with my list, but that's okay, this is just what I think of when talking about 'Classic' settings. Maybe if HaloGAF came together and put a comprehensive list of what HaloGAF considers 'Classic', we can have a meeting of the minds with other Halo community sites and come up with one general list of what is considered 'Classic'?

I fully support those suggestions.

Give me a playlist as per your description and I'd never leave it.

Just add

• No fall damage
  • Regenerating health for Spartans

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Dani said:
I fully support those suggestions.

Give me a playlist as per your description and I'd never leave it.

Just add

• No fall damage
  • Regenerating health for Spartans

Updated. I can't believe I forgot no fall damage. LOL

Striker

I wouldn't prefer the jumps to be too floaty. Have the jump height and base speed at 110% and the gravity at 100%. Tinkered with that and it seems rather ok - didn't mess too heavy into it. I put the gravity to 75% which is the next step lower and it felt off and like I was playing on the moon. Now if the gravity was 75% and the jump height was 100%, I'll have to try in a minute. The melee damage would drop slightly to 90%.

I agree about the armor abilities and camo/overshield powerups. Personally I would keep all the weapons minus the Fuel Rod gun.

As for quality for player count, I would prefer 4v4 because it could use more maps. Maps like Pinnacle, Reflection, Powerhouse, Countdown, Zealot, Asylyum, they're more suited for 8 players rather than 10. If we had great mid-size maps like Relic, Terminal, Burial Mounds, Zanzibar, or Colossus, I would be thrilled, but alas, we do not. Gametypes I thoroughly agree but I would welcome 1-CTF, 1-Bomb, and 3 Plots in the mix as well.

EDIT: Actually, 75% gravity and 100% jump height kind of feels smooth. More than any other. Not too floaty and not too heavy.

Decided to throw in Reach for the first time in over a month and it could have gone a lot worse lol. Game 1 Game 2 I am sure they were scrubs but I was pretty shocked I didn't get the dong.

Also I see that my active roster is even more of a ghost town than when I left it. Keep fighting the good fight Striker.

I spent the last 3-4 hours trying to help Mr Big with the weekly. My roommate was quite tired at 2am and went afk. We were at the last section for a wile at this point. I soldiered on until 3am, an our later. No dice.

HoreHay is beyond senile.

"Area clear" my arse!

Top Bottom