• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Standoff sucked for slayer. Whoever got the Laser won the game. It was fun for 6v6 CTF and stuff, but it really sucked for team slayer at the higher levels.

Striker

KS Seven X said:
Standoff sucked for slayer. Whoever got the Laser won the game. It was fun for 6v6 CTF and stuff, but it really sucked for team slayer at the higher levels.
Tempest is a solid comparison to it, because they are both built for 6v6 type battles. Seems rather large-ish for 4v4 but too crammed for 8v8. Standoff in BTB was atrocious in the games I've played in. Solid enough for the smaller games. Tempest is the same way. The positive note for Tempest is no shitty Spartan Laser to ruin it.

Striker

Plywood said:
They need to remake Terminal and put up a 6v6 playlist.
Terminal, Relic, Zanzibar, Burial Mounds, and Colossus were fucking fantastic for the 6v6 Team Battle playlist NoF set up in Halo 2. Still to this day I forget why they ditched the playlist. It was amazing. Lots of Slayer, 1-flag, 1-bomb, and the multi-stuff. Really the best stuff they had to offer.

feel

Played some Halo last night after cheating on it with Bad company 2 / Crysis 2 for the last week or two, felt great.

OMG SWAT Magnums is TERRIBLE. I love nonbloomed lined up headshots deviating away from their head...Thanks for adding randomness into the one playlist thats straight aim!

Lazslo

Striker said:
Terminal, Relic, Zanzibar, Burial Mounds, and Colossus were fucking fantastic for the 6v6 Team Battle playlist NoF set up in Halo 2. Still to this day I forget why they ditched the playlist. It was amazing. Lots of Slayer, 1-flag, 1-bomb, and the multi-stuff. Really the best stuff they had to offer.
Terminal was always incredible, I wonder if anyone has remade it in Reach with a killball as the train. If not, someone get on that...

Lazslo said:
Terminal was always incredible, I wonder if anyone has remade it in Reach with a killball as the train. If not, someone get on that...
They have... and the framerate issues were not worth it sadly.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Lazslo said:

Is terminal a remake of that Gears level?

If it is, I just put that together, :lol.

bj00rn_

Banned
I've given the MP a lot of time to sink in now, it's been months.., so I guess it's safe to say that the more I play (SP is awesome though) the more I miss Halo 3 MP. Oh well.. Still having fun

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
squidhands said:
Sadly, the framerate is so bad on that map that it will make your eyes bleed. Completely unplayable with a party of 8. :-(
Unplayable with 2 people too, lagged the hell out of my 360, promptly deleted it off of my 360 as well.

Digital Limit said:
Is there a list somewhere of awesome Forge maps I should be playing?

enzo_gt said:
I've got friends coming over in a bit. Wondering this too: Good 1-4 player maps anyone?

Check out Forge Hub's Featured Maps section, there are quite a few great competitive maps in there. I can't say enough good things about Sequence, it's one of the most well-designed maps I've seen in Reach so far. 2v2 max players, though. MLG forge section has some good stuff too; I've been wanting to try out Nexus since I've hopped around on it in forge.

Lazslo

Plywood said:
Forge maps are hideous and cannot recreate the glory that is Terminal anyway.
Yeah I hear you, that map played well with every game type and really any player size. 4v4 worked just as good as 8v8. Remember those crazy battles to get the flag in the base, the defenders would spawn up top and rain death down on the doods trying to cap it. I remember when i would spawn on defense up in the top of the flag base, as soon as I spawned I always tried to get the two stickies on the ledge and stick the attackers warthog as they drove out of the base and a couple times it actually worked out. Only if there were saved films back then...

It's the circle of life HaloGAF!

----
Hopefully getting a connection to Live open in my new apartment this week, finally.
Sorely missed playing, especially with ye.

GhaleonEB

Hey You said:
Numerous playlists are coming back on February 8th:

FIREFIGHT LIMITED

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/playlists.aspx
Yes.

YES.

Come to daddy. Please have separate life pools.

So. I played ONI Sword Base on campaign co-op today, just for a quick romp. And I've always played it as a Y-shaped mission: do one of the two objectives, turn around and go back through center, then do the other. I thought that was how it was supposed to be done.

Today our Warthog got knocked over a hill in the back of the comm array area, and I discovered the road between the two encounters, with the tweener fight with the Ghosts and Elites. Never knew it was there before. I went back through solo just now and played it that way.

Yeah. :(

feel

Game2Death said:
Ok, so I just won 800 points. It's the map pack worth it, OR should I get 400 more later and get BC2: vietnam?
Solid map pack, it's very worth it if you play tons of Reach. If you don't play Reach all that much it's a way better investment to spend them on 10 great xbl Indie games.

Kibbles

Game2Death said:
Ok, so I just won 800 points. It's the map pack worth it, OR should I get 400 more later and get BC2: vietnam?
BC2 is way better than Vietnam. Vietnam was fun for about a day for me. =\ I don't got the Reach map pack, but if I could trade my Vietnam back in for the map pack I would.

Actually, if anyone else has any great 2v2 maps, I'd love to hear about them.

I think I'll have a Halo party one of these days and 2v2 would be really fun.

Just joined the General club. Boo yah. Now I can pretty much supe up my armor any way I'd like. I like to go with a cohesive theme though, and use parts that other Noble team members aren't already using. Well for shoulder pieces, at least not on the same side like Emile's knife shoulder piece. It's unique to him, it would be lame if I was running around with the same shoulder armor. Unless they seem like they would be something standard issue like the Mk V or Oonsk shoulders. Any suggestions?

Barrow Roll said:
Just joined the General club. Boo yah. Now I can pretty much supe up my armor any way I'd like. I like to go with a cohesive theme though, and use parts that other Noble team members aren't already using. Well for shoulder pieces, at least not on the same side like Emile's knife shoulder piece. It's unique to him, it would be lame if I was running around with the same shoulder armor. Unless they seem like they would be something standard issue like the Mk V or Oonsk shoulders. Any suggestions?
I try to do this, too. It's a shame Noble Team uses a lot of the best armor pieces. I'm using the Commando chestpiece right now, with the CQC shoulder pad on the left. I'm working my way to Brigadier to unlock the Mark V shoulder piece for my right arm. Rockin' the JFO helmet right now, though I tend to alternate between that, Recon and Pilot. I'm still not sure which one looks the best.

Hey You said:
Numerous playlists are coming back on February 8th:

COMMUNITY SLAYER - More Maps Added
GRIFBALL
FIREFIGHT LIMITED
FIREFIGHT ARCADE

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/playlists.aspx
Interesting that the local player limit is still set to 1. Good news for some of the more object-heavy maps that I've seen. At least Treasury is a decent map; not sure why some of the original, incredibly shitty entries are still in the mix. I hope some changes have been made to them, but I doubt it.

GhaleonEB said:
So. I played ONI Sword Base on campaign co-op today, just for a quick romp. And I've always played it as a Y-shaped mission: do one of the two objectives, turn around and go back through center, then do the other. I thought that was how it was supposed to be done.

Today our Warthog got knocked over a hill in the back of the comm array area, and I discovered the road between the two encounters, with the tweener fight with the Ghosts and Elites. Never knew it was there before. I went back through solo just now and played it that way.

Yeah. :(
But you come from that direction with the tank on The Package. Silly Ghaleon.

GhaleonEB

squidhands said:
But you come from that direction with the tank on The Package. Silly Ghaleon.
I always assumed a new path opened up due to the ice melting.

I know, I know. :lol

Nice Challenges. I can knock off three of them in one game on Holdout. I might skip the other one, that'll require a lot of games of normal Firefight, aka Rocketfight.

Gui_PT

squidhands said:
Do shooting the cannons off of the dropships count? If not, it should be quite the challenge.

Well if you guys want to get a party of 4 going, we can take turns in destroying vehicles.

Hey You

squidhands said:
Interesting that the local player limit is still set to 1. Good news for some of the more object-heavy maps that I've seen. At least Treasury is a decent map; not sure why some of the original, incredibly shitty entries are still in the mix. I hope some changes have been made to them, but I doubt it.
Yeah Jeremiah/Ninja on Fire said they made some tweaks of their own and looked for new versions of maps.

Community BTB might be up next he also stated, but no promises.

I want to play some Objective on the maps, I don't really like that its All slayer, all the time.

Gui_PT

Well I just got 8 on Beachhead RocketFight. Didn't get the game because I was robbed, so it's not that hard.

This latency whatever it's called for bulltrues is bullcrap.

So in an Infection game, I get a bulltrue, yet the zombie kills me and I get turned into one?

Really? Sometimes it feels like they didn't even test things...

Gui_PT said:
Well I just got 8 on Beachhead RocketFight. Didn't get the game because I was robbed, so it's not that hard.

This latency whatever it's called for bulltrues is bullcrap.

So in an Infection game, I get a bulltrue, yet the zombie kills me and I get turned into one?

Really? Sometimes it feels like they didn't even test things...

If you kill each other at the same time you'd still get a bull true as that merely requires killing a swordsman while he's lunging. If you don't think he should have killed you, that's another story.

Has anyone determined if the phantom turrets count as vehicle kills? Pretty disappointed at getting FF challenges when the weekly is a bunch of MP matches. Only saving grace is that you can knock out 3 in one match of score attack so not too big a deal. Screw the vehicle one unless you can shoot out the turrets. 1500 for something that will take who knows how many games? I suppose if you go in with a full party you can take turns.

Top Bottom