• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

wwm0nkey

Ramirez said:
Being able to choose your spawn makes for a complete mess of a game, truly awful.

*Oh I just infiltrated their base, whats that, this guy can see me on his respawn screen and spawn right behind me?*

awesome!
prevents spawn camping in a lot of cases. Skirmish does suck on small maps though like Countdown.

witness

Overjoyed Bungie came back around to their senses and added the quick Firefight mode back to the game. Awful decision to get rid of it entirely like they did before, and what a shock the numbers in the arcade mode are overhwelming higher.

GhaleonEB

*exhales slowly*

My right arm is literally sore from a combination of firing that much and clutching the controller too hard during all the last stands (seven Hero medals). Reach Firefight, where have you been all my life?!

witness said:
Overjoyed Bungie came back around to their senses and added the quick Firefight mode back to the game. Awful decision to get rid of it entirely like they did before, and what a shock the numbers in the arcade mode are overhwelming higher.
Indeed, the numbers between the two playlists make it even more clear why I could so seldom get a good Firefight game other than Rocket and Sniperfight. The Arcade/Limited separation makes natural sense. So glad it's the permanent structure now.
ZayneH said:
Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure....

:p
Well, it helps that I early onset tendinitis. :p

zumphry

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
*exhales slowly*

My right arm is literally sore from a combination of firing that much and clutching the controller too hard during all the last stands (seven Hero medals). Reach Firefight, where have you been all my life?!

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure....

:p

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Shake Appeal said:
I wish I could play multiplayer Firefight.
I wish I could use file share, theatre, co-op campaign, mp firefight, save films/maps/gametypes. /4gb360foreveralone

wwm0nkey said:
Ok Skirmish really just needs to replace all slayer games. Being able to choose where you spawn and spawning on team mates (though that needs a bit of fixing) makes it so much fun.

I really hope it gets its own play list.

Im not personally a fan of Bro slayer, spawning is horrible! Maybe I just had a unlucky few games, but when I went into Big Team with a friend we could only choose like 2 spawn points, and 2 teammates to spawn from. We couldnt even spawn on eachother! I think I had the same problem in normal Team Slayer. Actually spawning on a teammate is ridiculous, it takes so long, and if an enemies within like a mile theres no way its going to let you spawn on him.

I saw stories on here where people said they spawned with theyre battle bro as they faught a armour locked enemy and im not sure I believe those. Im just not a fan of that mode - if spawning didnt seem so glitchy it would be amazing though.

Spawning into the gun of a vehicle is always awesome though.

Nutter

wwm0nkey said:
Ok Skirmish really just needs to replace all slayer games. Being able to choose where you spawn and spawning on team mates (though that needs a bit of fixing) makes it so much fun.

I really hope it gets its own play list.

LOL

Like ram said, there is no such thing as map control in those games, which is absolutely garbage, not that reach is anything but garbage already, but with this game type it becomes super garbage. meh. Halo was always about controlling the map and winning because of it. This game is a pile of shit, where every thing is balanced so the average Joe feels like they accomplished something by spawning directly behind someone, assassinating them and then t-bagging them.

wwm0nkey

Nutter said:
LOL

Like ram said, there is no such thing as map control in those games, which is absolutely garbage, not that reach is anything but garbage already, but with this game type it becomes super garbage. meh. Halo was always about controlling the map and winning because of it. This game is a pile of shit, where every thing is balanced so the average Joe feels like they accomplished something by spawning directly behind someone, assassinating them and then t-bagging them.
on Countdown and other small maps I completely understand that, but on Hemmorage and Tempest the game mode really shines.

I also like that you have to work for power weapons/vehicles.

Gui_PT

I don't really like to complain. But spawns on Swat need fixing.

Spawn out in the open, spawn in from of 2 enemies, spawn enemies behind me...

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Blueblur1 said:
Man, that's harsh Nutter. :lol
But it's true..

The main reason I'm loving some of these Community Maps is because you can get around easily and still maintain map control. Then I went into Team Slayer and played Sword Base.

4MN81.jpg

Blueblur1 said:
I miss the Overshield and Active Camouflage power-ups. :(

I keep hearing about a 'classic' playlist that's supposedly coming in March. If thats true I assume they will be going for that classic feel? If so we could be seeing a return to them. :p

Im literally licking my lips at the potential of a classic playlist. Imagine ALL the Halo maps from across the series, and the gametypes which make the gameplay emulate Halo 1/ Halo 2/ Halo 3 as options.

If they could tweak the settings and get gameplay that matches the feel of the older games that would be excellent, but I get the feeling the problem of the 5 shot kill and bloom would ruin it. :(

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Oh I just remembered an issue I have with Reach that I don't believe has been mentioned. It's something I would love to see patched. If you die, you're able to move the camera around your body and see everything around. However, if you move away from your dead body on respawn and move back to it, you can no longer move the camera around. That goes for all teammates who might be on respawn as well. Only on living teammates can you move the camera around while respawning. I would like to have the camera movable all the time on respawn, no matter who's screen I'm looking at, whether they're dead or alive.

NOKYARD

Tashi0106 said:
I would like to have the camera movable all the time on respawn, no matter who's screen I'm looking at, whether they're dead or alive.
Good luck sneaking a bomb into an enemy base with security (death) cameras all around you.

Hey You

bobs99 ... said:
I keep hearing about a 'classic' playlist that's supposedly coming in March. If thats true I assume they will be going for that classic feel? If so we could be seeing a return to them. :p

Im literally licking my lips at the potential of a classic playlist. Imagine ALL the Halo maps from across the series, and the gametypes which make the gameplay emulate Halo 1/ Halo 2/ Halo 3 as options.

If they could tweak the settings and get gameplay that matches the feel of the older games that would be excellent, but I get the feeling the problem of the 5 shot kill and bloom would ruin it. :(
I think at first we'll be playing on the Current Map set, unless Bungie has gathered up Forged Maps from previous games.

Hopefully eventually the playlist will feature only maps from previous games. But for remakes like Reflection (Ivory Tower) would you rather have Forged Remakes or Bungie Reskinned (?) maps?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hey You said:
Hopefully eventually the playlist will feature only maps from previous games. But for remakes like Reflection (Ivory Tower) would you rather have Forged Remakes or Bungie Reskinned (?) maps?
Reskinned in a heartbeat, not interested in build-a-block remakes and the maps should be free since we paid for the games and maps in the past. ;)

I'm pretty sure this has been pointed out already, but it's news to me. Under leaderboards at bungie.net, there is a section for Doubles Attack. Does that mean we will soon have a 2 person score attack playlist?

Hey You said:
I think at first we'll be playing on the Current Map set, unless Bungie has gathered up Forged Maps from previous games.

Im only speaking for myself here, but I think the remakes in Reach are fine, maybe spawns are an issue on the Ascension remake, but forge or re-skinned doesn't bother me. Reskinned is actually preferable, but that's never going to happen, so for now I am happy with just a playlist that has a amalgamation of all the best Forge remakes.

Im not actually worried about the maps, as ive seen some impressive remakes, im more worried about if they can get the game settings to feel right. Instead of having Slayer, Slayer PRO etc I want to see Halo 1/ Halo 2/ Halo 3, being able to choose to play settings that emulate the game of choice would be ace, and probably the hardest bit to get right.

kylej

Banned
Blueblur1 said:
Man, that's harsh Nutter. :lol

Not really. Reach = FFA in every game mode. I don't know how you could leave behind the best multiplayer balance in video games (no armor abilities, timed powerups, fixed spawns) and create this. I guess that's the power of Shadowrun.

GhaleonEB

cool_dude_2049 said:
I'm pretty sure this has been pointed out already, but it's news to me. Under leaderboards at bungie.net, there is a section for Doubles Attack. Does that mean we will soon have a 2 person score attack playlist?
Good catch. Sure sounds like it; the Arcade and Limited stuff showed up there before the playlists were announced. Only four game types listed right now.

I generally only play Score Attack when I want to tool around solo. Curious if there's more to it than just two players.

Nice Campaign Challenge today. I can generally tear through the first level in 20/strike] 15 minutes or so on Legendary.

I won't be able to make any sort of customs today; I'm out of the house from 2:00 pacific time onward.

Hey You

cool_dude_2049 said:
Interesting find.

There have been some interesting in a Team Man FF team playlist on BNet.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
NOKYARD said:
Good luck sneaking a bomb into an enemy base with security (death) cameras all around you.

I welcome the challenge. It promotes teamwork and communication.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Nutter said:
LOL

Holy shit, Nutter with the Fatality!

Kuroyume

Banned
Anyone have a link for the HD video of the new maps? The link from the other page was pulled down. I haven't seen any of the videos yet.

Lazslo

Can anybody else not see their Spartan Avatar in their B.net Service record? I remember this was suppose to be fixed but I'm just curious if it's a problem on my end or B.Net's. It really ruins the whole Service Record- Halo 3's service record looks awesome because you can pick what picture you want displayed, I wish you could do something like that for Reach's site.

It looks like this always:
J7NGE.png

enzo_gt said:
Kotaku posted this pic:
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2011/02/dukehalo.jpg

Apparently in the intro of Duke Nuken Forever he says anyone who wears green armour is a pussy, hahaha. Don't know how they'll get away with the model though. I hope Bungie aren't jackasses and sue.
GEARBOX MAKING HALO 4 CONFIRMED

ahem

Ya'll raise a good point about Bro Slayer but whatever, I have fun with it. Cuts down on the spawning frustration. It may seem foreign to Halo but after playing Bad Company, I was excited to see it in Invasion and I'm loving it in Slayer.

darthbob

Lazslo said:
Can anybody else not see their Spartan Avatar in their B.net Service record? I remember this was suppose to be fixed but I'm just curious if it's a problem on my end or B.Net's. It really ruins the whole Service Record- Halo 3's service record looks awesome because you can pick what picture you want displayed, I wish you could do something like that for Reach's site.

You just have to wait for it to update. Mine usually takes about 48 hours to do so nowadays.

yU5ID.png

bobs99 ... said:
Im not personally a fan of Bro slayer, spawning is horrible! Maybe I just had a unlucky few games, but when I went into Big Team with a friend we could only choose like 2 spawn points, and 2 teammates to spawn from. We couldnt even spawn on eachother! I think I had the same problem in normal Team Slayer. Actually spawning on a teammate is ridiculous, it takes so long, and if an enemies within like a mile theres no way its going to let you spawn on him.

I saw stories on here where people said they spawned with theyre battle bro as they faught a armour locked enemy and im not sure I believe those. Im just not a fan of that mode - if spawning didnt seem so glitchy it would be amazing though.

Spawning into the gun of a vehicle is always awesome though.

Having the same problem. It just takes too long to spawn into the game sometimes and when you do sometimes, you're immediately thrown into a fire. The game just doesn't meld with my playstyle.

I like to walk around, find sticky grenades, grab the weapons I'm best with like the needle rifle, pick off players alone, etc. Haven't been able to win a game yet. Almost did once, but of course, there's one person on the team with over -9 k/d spread that manages to mess things up.

Top Bottom