• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

wwm0nkey

Posted this in the leaked thread but my god Highlands looks AMAZING

Video

also like I said in the other thread it does appear that these maps are indeed from 343.

So..what should I do for vehicle kills in FF? It seems like they don't get dropped off on Beachhead anymore in Sniperfight, and waiting around for one banshee every round on Holdout sucks. :\

Lazslo

That Covy ship Glassing our beloved landscape in the background is probably the coolest skybox yet

Good Games tonight guys

Ramirez

Plywood said:
GG to Ramirez though he bailed on us, don't blame him though the party was kinda noisy.

I just bailed to play with Nutter and Coco for a bit, but man, this game is just no fun at all to me. I'm tired of fighting bloom, tired of the lame melee mechanics, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. I salute anyone who can play this garbage on a daily basis.

Nutter

Ramirez said:
I just bailed to play with Nutter and Coco for a bit, but man, this game is just no fun at all to me. I'm tired of fighting bloom, tired of the lame melee mechanics, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. I salute anyone who can play this garbage on a daily basis.
: (

I only play it cuz its halo and i dont have any other game to play. I would play bc2 but i dont know anyone with a copy on xbox from halo gaf. Sigh if this game was anything but halo it would have been traded in already.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Ramirez said:
I hear ya, lately I've been playing a lot more because I've been playing with groups, which allow us to just stomp the competition.
Nutter said:

I only play it cuz its halo and i dont have any other game to play. I would play bc2 but i dont know anyone with a copy on xbox from halo gaf. Sigh if this game was anything but halo it would have been traded in already.
That's also another reason, I don't have another game, maybe I'll grab MAH-VEL BAYBEE, but we'll see, I'm at best only competent in fighting games. But we should play some time I'll add you if you don't mind.

Ramirez

Nutter said:

This is just silly to me, the game sucks, why play it just because it has Halo on the title, it plays nothing like past Halo games. lol

GhaleonEB

The ample joys of the refreshed Firefight playlists are enough to make me almost forget about the Paradiso glassing we took the other night. I'm finding a ratio of about 1:8 MP to Firefight is about right for me. Multiplayer can be circumstantially fun, but most nights it has me raging after one or two games. A game of Score Attack or Arcade to cleanse the palette, and I'm ready for some survival (of the idiot team mates).

Knocked off the vehicle Challenge today largely by toasting Ghosts on Overlook, and a couple of Wraiths on Beachhead. Didn't take as long as I thought it would.

Nutter

Cocopjojo said:
Our teleport destruction match from the other night might have already been posted, but here it is again because it's awesome.

The Battle of Teleporter Blue

That .... That was amazing. *tear drop*

Aslo ram you misunderstood what I said, I only play it because there is nothing else to play, you should play BC2, so I can avoid playing this mess.

Louis Wu

Domino Theory said:
Am I the only one who remembers the 'One Spartan Army' challenge being worth 4,000 cR before when it asked you to kill 400 enemies?

Yep, you're the only one.

(With smaller totals, you're right, we get 10cR per kill... but 400's ALWAYS been 2000cR.)

Cocopjojo said:
Our teleport destruction match from the other night might have already been posted, but here it is again because it's awesome.

The Battle of Teleporter Blue
I'd call 'em Lemmings, but I just learned recently that the whole "Lemmings follow each other over cliffs" was a misconception. :)

Gui_PT said:
The Love of the Game
Complete 20 games in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Edit:

Juices, I just found a song for the montage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-R3GTzZU14

Just put everyone using armor lock while it plays

Perfect example Just mute the 1st video

Haha that was brilliant, perfect music + video combo.

I should have known, but the amount Dax praised New Venice made me want to try it out, I just got a game, and don't see what's so special? Its thematically very nice, but the combat on it is pretty stuttery, with everyone sort of hanging around the lift bit inside the building. (Maybe the AR starts ruined it for me)

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I played FF for the first time since ODST.... Arcade is boss. I will definitely play it more often.

GhaleonEB said:
Which has the amusing side effect of making the 250 kill Challenge worth 500 cR more than the 400 kill one. I've always scratched my head at that one.

Bungie is aware of this issue and a fix is in private testing first, expect word on fix next month.

I need more clips for the montage

godhandiscen said:
I played FF for the first time since ODST.... Arcade is boss. I will definitely play it more often.
9Wr5T.jpg

Do not blame me, because I'm a noob with photoshop. I'm not very religious and if somebody think the picture is disgusting or dishonorable, it will never see the surface again.

xxjuicesxx said:
Bungie is aware of this issue and a fix is in private testing first, expect word on fix next month.

Maybe you'll like this. Maybe not.

I'm kinda done with Reach. The new playlist changes are fun, but I can't really get into it anymore. Then again, I can't really get into any game anymore. I loaded up Halo 2 again today, just to see how much has changed. I can't believe the game got so much hate back in the day. Well, except for the jackal snipers.

xxjuicesxx said:

I'm pretty shitty at this game, but I have my moments.

2 shot triple kill
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=9870752&player=electricpirate

Snipe out of a goose catching some air
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=9870752&player=electricpirate

Part 1: how to use melee mechanics, part 2, I thought I was going into AL, but I had jetpack equipped.
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=6556057&player=electricpirate

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Clutch Flag Stop

Got a pretty clutch flag stop for the win in MLG yesterday. Pretty funny too.

Sorry for the shitty quality, I would clip them and capture them with Windows Movie Maker in twice the resolution but Movie Maker crashes EVERY SINGLE TIME after like 15 seconds. I have to then restart my PC because it refuses to shut down nicely. It's really annoying, I've never had this problem. It started after I reinstalled Windows last fall. Are there any free capture programs out there that anyone knows about? I'm running XP btw.

Plywood said:
Thrust needs DMR starts it's to big for AR/Magnum start.

Most of the new community maps do.

I don't mind it on the existing maps, where I know all the DMR spawns, but learning these new maps without a DMR is like sticking a needle in my eye sometimes. It doesn't help that half of the maps are so open.

Tashi0106 said:
Clutch Flag Stop

Got a pretty clutch flag stop for the win in MLG yesterday. Pretty funny too.

Sorry for the shitty quality, I would clip them and capture them with Windows Movie Maker in twice the resolution but Movie Maker crashes EVERY SINGLE TIME after like 15 seconds. I have to then restart my PC because it refuses to shut down nicely. It's really annoying, I've never had this problem. It started after I reinstalled Windows last fall. Are there any free capture programs out there that anyone knows about? I'm running XP btw.

VirtualDub is free. That quality is crap though, where the fuck did you get such a shitty card from?

PS You should fileshare some good stuff for the montage there's hardly any MLG stuff yet.

Tashi

xxjuicesxx said:
VirtualDub is free. That quality is crap though, where the fuck did you get such a shitty card from?

PS You should fileshare some good stuff for the montage there's hardly any MLG stuff yet.

I'll check it out, thanks. And yea, I'm not sure where I got this piece of shit from :p I wish I had a better PC because then I could stream at like 640x480 and not only would it run smoothly but clips I take from it would look good too for my Youtube. :/ One day.

Hey You

I love FF Arcade, more specifically Fistfight. I've been playing FF alot more than when the old playlist was around.

You would have thought lars would have learned from Sniper Attack to DISABLE weapon pick up, but I guess not. I'll play Arcade more when they change it. :/
Devin Olsen said:
I don't know how much more official this is, but it looks like the Halo 1 re-make is for sure happening now.

Joystiq Article

There isn't one link in there regarding an official Announcement from 343i/Microsoft/Saber. This is still classified as a rumor right?

So why exactly is there a Pistol in Snipers?

No need to answer, I guess for the same reason there's drop shields in Objective... Shishka'd!

kylej

Banned
Ramirez said:

I feel the exact same way. I'm on a 48 game win streak on COD. One of my buddies has a 132 win streak. Come play and just chill and dong on kids. All are welcome.

Blue Ninja said:
That's the same article we saw a week ago, though.
Well excuse my ignorance, lol... I never looked at the article that was released last week. From what I read it sounded more speculation than this one.

My apologies.

Devin Olsen said:
Well excuse my ignorance, lol... I never looked at the article that was released last week. From what I read it sounded more speculation than this one.

My apologies.

it's still hard speculation, unless you want to put a lot of faith in anonymous sources. which actually, i tend to do. if a blog has faith in a source, it's usually for a good reason. blogs will typically call out a source if they feel it's not reliable, and very clearly state "this is a rumor, take with a grain of salt" etc.

kylej said:
I feel the exact same way. I'm on a 48 game win streak on COD. One of my buddies has a 132 win streak. Come play and just chill and dong on kids. All are welcome.

Whats your GT? I wouldn't mind joining you for a bit on CoD. Its definatly a lot more fun when you have good team-mates, with my friends we can literally subdue the enemy and they never get air support, but with randoms it can be a little annoying when everyone on your team goes heavy negative.

With Reach the only mode I really enjoy is Firefight, which is pretty annoying considering im more of a player vs player kind of guy and while the Halo AI is good, after a while you don't really see anything new or interesting.

Tashi

kylej said:
Running 4's in MLG and even 3's has restored my love for Halo. I still get dicked here and there just like every Halo but I'm having a lot of fun. The most frustrating thing is that my controller is on the brink and sometimes I can't run full speed, sprint, jump, switch weapons or grenades. I also have slow turn. I won't get a new one until it's completely broken though lol.

equil

Tashi0106 said:
Running 4's in MLG and even 3's has restored my love for Halo. I still get dicked here and there just like every Halo but I'm having a lot of fun. The most frustrating thing is that my controller is on the brink and sometimes I can't run full speed, sprint, jump, switch weapons or grenades. I also have slow turn. I won't get a new one until it's completely broken though lol.

The Onza is coming out the end of this month.

Ramirez said:

Wow, that is exactly what I've been saying, I can't play for more than a few games now and then anymore.

Tashi

squidhands said:
Isn't that partially because of their deal with Mad Catz?
I would think so. However, we've yet to see what's come out of that deal. We were supposed to see it last year but haven't heard a whisper since.

Paging MarkMan :p

GhaleonEB

CrazedArabMan said:
Wow, that is exactly what I've been saying, I can't play for more than a few games now and then anymore.
When I go into MP, I feel like the game if fighting against me. There are these barriers put up on each layer of the combat that prevent it from flowing right.

But when I hop in Firefight and Campaign, the same mechanics work just fine. It feels good to pace shots with the DMR and land headshot strings, movement speed (augmented with Sprint) feel just right, melee isn't so much of a whiff-fest, etc. It's a schism for me; the game is just a joy in Firefight, and incredibly frustrating in MP. Which is why I'm so glad Reach has Firefight. The MP went in a direction I just can't get into, though I keep trying.

feel

Ramirez said:
This is just silly to me, the game sucks, why play it just because it has Halo on the title, it plays nothing like past Halo games. lol
I'm back to Halo 3 (social) and fucking loving it. Every few days I get convinced by friends to jump on Reach for a bit and I just have a miserable time, even if doing well. Please bring halo back, 343.

GhaleonEB said:
When I go into MP, I feel like the game if fighting against me. There are these barriers put up on each layer of the combat that prevent it from flowing right.

But when I hop in Firefight and Campaign, the same mechanics work just fine. It feels good to pace shots with the DMR and land headshot strings, movement speed (augmented with Sprint) feel just right, melee isn't so much of a whiff-fest, etc. It's a schism for me; the game is just a joy in Firefight, and incredibly frustrating in MP. Which is why I'm so glad Reach has Firefight. The MP went in a direction I just can't get into, though I keep trying.

Yeah, that's an echo of my post, the thing is though after a while I get bored of fighting AI, when I think of multiplayer I think of Halo, so its a shame Reach missed the mark here.

Letters you mind if I join you when your on Halo 3? I still love that game, but cant find the motivation to jump on it when alone, matchmaking times are aweful and teammates who derank is never fun.

GhaleonEB said:

Agreed, FF and Campaign seem to work well with the changes, but the MP does not flow the same and DMR battles just turn into who can spam the trigger the most and get the lucky bloom head shot.

It's kinda like they took the golden tripod of weapons-grenades-melee and made it "bloom-hand nukes-shield pop" with a helping of AA's on top. I mean the original golden tripod is pretty much non-existent in Reach as every one of the aspects that was a part of it have changed in some way for the worst.

GhaleonEB said:

See for me, I like the feel of getting better, of learning something, and Reach's mechanics are hard to master. Like, really hard. Whether it's learning the pacing of bloom, timing that melee just right, or , Reach is a hard game to be good at. When I fail at Reach, 99% of the time I feel like it's my fault. I find it's harder to blame lag, or the fact that the other guy started firing his AR a few milliseconds before me. If I lose a melee fight, it's because I couldn't land the headshot, or I meeleed too early.

There are times where a dude warps, or there are times where I manage bloom but I still miss, but I find those times where I feel like I lost for something out of my control happen far less than other Halos. It's entirely possible that this feeling of learning is because I suck, and when something goes wrong, I generally blame it on my own actions. But it doesn't matter, I still just enjoy the hell out of the game.

That's not to say there aren't things that infuraite me. Armour lock is a cancer that slows down the game in a negative way, the BTB map selection is balls, and team objective is effectively dead until they remove the drop shield. But overall, I'm just happy to keep playing MP in reach.

Ramirez

Tashi0106 said:

It could be personal reasons on your end, but even if it's restored your love, you don't play Reach anywhere near the amount you played Halo 3, so I question how much you love it! :p

Top Bottom