• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Thanks for watching!

I'm pretty happy with my new stream setup. Solid framerate, higher input resolution, higher output resolution and it's widescreen as well. It's a little fuzzy but the gameplay looks pretty good. I'm pleased. :)

GhaleonEB

Have fun in customs. I'm out for the night, but will be able to get on late tonight. I didn't round up any new maps this week, apologies. Will do so next week.

krakov

I wish the player review system worked so that you wouldn't be forced to get raped by the same dudes over and over and over again every time you try to play team k/d-boost objective.

Also: new maps look great.

Alienshogun said:
I'm guessing if you can get enough people, a bunch of armor lock, with a dash of grenade spam, topped off with ghost busters.
Armor lock complaint invalid since it's customs.

Speaking of customs, what's the sitiation on that? Just hopped online if anybody wants to get it rolling.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
MrBig said:
Well I already had my fill of halo for the day in forgegaf customs. Regular halogaf sucks.

Only because regular Halo sucks.

FIX YO SHIT BUNGLE!

Seriously, all it would take for me to come back to the game is Armor lock being moved out of Team Slayer.

MrBig

Plywood said:
Oh, I think I should check that one out, that is, if non-forgers are invited.
Yes of course, we usually have 8-10 players but it would be nice to fill up the party. The more the merrier.

I have to admit, this map does look like a lot of fun to play.

Hope we get word on when to expect the new map pack, soon.

AzB29.jpg

FNDnc.jpg

MrBig

Devin Olsen said:
http://i.imgur.com/AzB29.jpg[IMG]
[/QUOTE]
This shot has me wondering about their modeling process. It would appear that they are blocking it out with the forge object meshes and then basing the final model off of it. I see several reminiscent pieces.

It would also seem that they are relying more heavily on normals than modeling out low lod details as Bungie has done. Really sets their styles apart.

MrBig

Alienshogun said:
Played some KZ3 beta today, reminded me how much better Halo is than other games.

That said, at least there was no armor lock.
We played a game of Cold Storage with only armor lock in honor of you

GloveSlap

Armor Lock sucks in general but they really need to get rid of the shield frosting on it more than anything. I see more and more go into armor lock just to get the extra health/shield. Seeing a one-shot guy go into armor lock and come out a three shot makes me rage.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ramirez said:
Aren't you the kid who had to hide behind some obscure rock on Hemo to get sniper kills?
So your saying the only proper way to be a l3git sniper is to do it in an open field?

Bonus points for no scope.

Ramirez said:
Aren't you the kid who had to hide behind some obscure rock on Hemo to get sniper kills?
OHSNAP

GAF customs felt really dull today unfortunately, but I couldn't stick around very long anyways so maybe you guys all had a party after I left. Everyone just seemed not really into it. I am disappoint. Instead of waiting for Bungie to put up a Classic Slayer playlist we should just do Classic Slayer customs next time.

Striker

I read something on B.net about a Classic Playlist coming in March. Unfortunately I also read it's suppose to be Slayer only, at least until they view how the population stands up before they add things like flag and bomb. :|

Checked out some maps some members were playing (testing ™). One was a Coagulation map built in Hemorrhage with larger rocks in the teleporter areas and the red team teleporter being adjusted to the right area. Looks pretty good, although for some reason some are getting the idea of having a Banshee on the map and AR starts is a swell idea. The base is more true to Coagulation, as is the rest.

The other was one called "Mockout" which you can see here: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=13766239&player=o0MrCheesy0o

Nutter

Trasher said:
This game is really cool. In fact it is so cool that it won't let me join a party of people on my friends list.
We are sitting in your lobby...waiting for you to start the game.

Celebrated my birthday today by doing System Link with three other friends. I never realized how easy it actually is to link up two Xboxes, it was awesome.

The only thing that would make it even more awesome would be an ability to go into XBL matchmaking by using System Link and guest accounts (because only I have the money to pay for XBL, apparently).

Blue Ninja said:
Celebrated my birthday today by doing System Link with three other friends. I never realized how easy it actually is to link up two Xboxes, it was awesome.

The only thing that would make it even more awesome would be an ability to go into XBL matchmaking by using System Link and guest accounts (because only I have the money to pay for XBL, apparently).
Happy Birthday, dude! You should play Firefight Classic with your friends. Best experience you can have with three other friends :)

Hypertrooper said:
Happy Birthday, dude! You should play Firefight Classic with your friends. Best experience you can have with three other friends :)
Thanks. I played some Firefight Limited with them, which was pretty awesome (just barely made it to the end).

enzo_gt said:
So your saying the only proper way to be a l3git sniper is to do it in an open field?

Bonus points for no scope.

I know you weren't talking to me but... Well it is a video game... so I tend to personally put myself in positions that are going to be more fun. In Reach its all to easy to go camo in a obscure rock and get a bunch of kills, but why do it, its cheap as hell and proves nothing.

Im all for doing the fun thing.
That said, if getting cheap kill streaks is what you find fun... do your thing, it is Reach after all lol.

EDIT: As for the new DLC footage, the fact its been seen on Waypoint before Bungie.net makes me think its potentially 343's work. That said this probably doesn't mean much. That was a awesome teaser sneaked in perfectly.

GhaleonEB said:
Both look gorgeous. Nice little tease, the announcement is probably this week. I need that Firefight map.
This or the next week. Microsoft will be holding a special press event the week before the GDC. (According to Geoff from GTTV)

Hey You

bobs99 ... said:
EDIT: As for the new DLC footage, the fact its been seen on Waypoint before Bungie.net makes me think its potentially 343's work. That said this probably doesn't mean much. That was a awesome teaser sneaked in perfectly.
Probably. But you never know, maybe 343 wants to make the announcement since they can.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Dax01 said:
You know, we're on Firefox Beta 11, and I still can't view silverlight videos. No matter how many times I install it on my computer, it doesn't do anything.

Works fine for me on Beta 11.

Top Bottom