• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

zumphry

Banned
neoism said:
good games bros..... Zanye...plywood(AKA) Tsquared:p ... Barrel Roll... <3

I'll probably play sum more later night...

Yep. Thanks for putting up with my douchbagginess and constant whining and bitching neo, ply and barrow.

Dax01 said:

"Dax01
This message is hidden because Dax01 is on your ignore list."

:p

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
neoism said:
good games bros..... Zanye...plywood(AKA) Tsquared:p ... Barrel Roll... <3

I'll probably play sum more later night...
Haha, I don't think I'll be on for customs tonight played so much today.
Dax01 said:
He was talking about after the Forge customs.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Gui_PT said:
Great games Bobs, Barrow and Xeno.

This game is sooo much fun when you've got your own team.

Feels good man
Vg0Ng.jpg

I'm trying to cleanup the final 3 Noble Pack achievements but am getting a bit frustrated. Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1.CROSS MAPIN'- Why I haven't been able to get this achievement blows my fragile little mind. I've gotten all sorts of DMR kills from a long distance but I guess it has to be further away. Exactly how far does it have to be?

2. OFFENSIVE DRIVING- I'd think getting a RocketRace kill would be super easy. Unfortunately I wouldn't know because the RocketRace gametype hasn't even shown up for a vote. That's not exaggerating either, I bought the Noble Map Pack day one, and I've NEVER seen RocketRace in the DLC playlist.

3.U ATE ALL THE CHIPS(Stockpile)- My problems with this one is similar to my problems with the RR Kill. The difference being the Stockpile gametype rarely wins the vote. When it does win the vote its always on Breakpoint which makes collecting all the flags extremely difficult due to large map size.

EDIT: U know what maybe I've been misunderstanding the exact parameters needed to unlock the achievement all along. I've limited myself to just the DLC playlist since I assumed all the achievements had to be done on one of 3 Noble Maps. The actual wording on achievements 2 & 3 above makes me think I don't neccessarily have to be playing on a Noble map.

Gui_PT

Mizzou Gaming said:
I'm trying to cleanup the final 3 Noble Pack achievements but am getting a bit frustrated. Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1.CROSS MAPIN'- Why I haven't been able to get this achievement blows my fragile little mind. I've gotten all sorts of DMR kills from a long distance but I guess it has to be further away. Exactly how far does it have to be?

2. OFFENSIVE DRIVING- I'd think getting a Rocket Race kill would be super easy. Unfortunately I wouldn't know because the ROCKET RACE game type hasn't even shown up for a vote. That's not exaggerating either. I bought the Noble Map Pack day one, and I've NEVER seen ROCKET RACE in the DLC playlist.

3.U ATE ALL THE CHIPS(Stockpile)- My problems with this one is similar to my problems with the RR Kill. The difference being the Stockpile gametype rarely wins the vote. When it does win the vote its always on Breakpoint which makes collecting all the flags extremely difficult due to large map size.

1- You have to be at a distance of at least 129 meters. Both Teleport exists on Hemorrhage at about that distance. Stay on one teleporter exit and wait for someone to come out of the other one

2-Try multi team, you'll get rocket hog race about 60% of the time (unfortunately)

3- Get a team of you and 3 friends and try team objective

Edit to your edit: Yeah, they don't have to be done in the DLC Playlist

neoism

ZayneH said:
Yep. Thanks for putting up with my douchbagginess and constant whining and bitching neo, ply and barrow.

"Dax01

no worries mang

Gui_PT said:
1- You have to be at a distance of at least 129 meters. Both Teleport exists on Hemorrhage at about that distance. Stay on one teleporter exit and wait for someone to come out of the other one

2-Try multi team, you'll get rocket hog race about 60% of the time (unfortunately)

3- Get a team of you and 3 friends and try team objective

Edit to your edit: Yeah, they don't have to be done in the DLC Playlist

Oh wow thanks a lot for taking the time to help me out. One more question as far as playlists and specific maps go. I now know(thanks again) I don't have to be in the dlc playlist but what about specific maps? Do I just have to wait for RR on a Noble map or will any map work?

Gui_PT

There's no Rocket Race like before, you have Rocket Hog Race now, which I hope will work for the achievement. You can do it on any map.

Seriously, just get it in multi team, don't even worry about the map.

I'm free to play games for an hour or so... Anyone want to play (or is anyone on right now?)

PS (off topic) - Donated Blood today, pretty intense!

MIMIC

Banned
Mizzou Gaming said:

In addition to the other suggestions, you have to be at a distance where the bloom/reticle won't turn red.

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
Not many folks around this week to roll with the weekly HaloGAF Customs. Boo. =\
I'm here. Sorry. :(

I'm so sick I've just sort of been floating in and out of consciousness the past two days. All in the name of family fun!

On the plus side I've been brainstorming and have a good general layout for map #3. Gonna try and get core shape down this week.

feel

Dani said:
Not many folks around this week to roll with the weekly HaloGAF Customs. Boo. =\
Everyone was waiting for me to come in here and announce that the Halo 3 customs were under way. :p

VV thanks

Havok

ZayneH said:

"Dax01

Fun fact: the last half of your post somehow breaks ckohler's neogaf webapp and treats you, and anyone that quotes the post (even myself!), as if you were on my ignore list. Kind of hilarious actually, in a random 'wait, thats not right' kind of way.

Havok said:
Fun fact: the last half of your post somehow breaks ckohler's neogaf webapp and treats you, and anyone that quotes the post (even myself!), as if you were on my ignore list. Kind of hilarious actually, in a random 'wait, thats not right' kind of way.
:lol I was wondering why Zayne was on my ignore list, besides the obvious reasons.

wwm0nkey

Just got done with a few more rounds of Halo 2. Apparently if you use a controller people think you are cheating lol

Really can't wait for those ranked servers to start though!

Gui_PT said:
Great games Bobs, Barrow and Xeno.

This game is sooo much fun when you've got your own team.

Feels good man

Yeah 100% it was a lot more fun. Actually having teammates that know what they're doing and naturally hold positions was amazing, I actually felt like the weak link last night. :p It sucks that at the moment im at a place where I cant talk too loud too late. Hopefully that will change soon. If you guys see me on feel free to send me a invite, im up for Halo 3/ Reach or even Halo 2 Vista (I really want to play this when I get my stuff sorted) - If I dont join it might be because someone else is using my xbox, im kinda of sharing it at the moment.

WWMonkey, how are these ranked servers going to work? Im guessing its just going to be the one off rare server, or are the majority of people going to adopt them?

wwm0nkey said:
Just got done with a few more rounds of Halo 2. Apparently if you use a controller people think you are cheating lol

Really can't wait for those ranked servers to start though!
Fu** the Halo 2 install. I can only install 10mb of the game. I want the game on my harddrive! :(

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Hi guys, finally I can post now, oh hallelujah. Just wanted to make my first post on here since the past three years have been surfing mostly Halo-Gaf. And now I have privy to actually join the community here. Hope for some good times :)

So we could hopefully get some information in regards to the rumours on the Halo:CE remake, this coming Thursday (unless it's under NDA until the press are allowed to have the go ahead to post on their site, which is very likely to occur) and I was wondering on your opinions on your thoughts on how the remake should be done; would you like for a 1:1 remake on Combat evolved with everything fitting the HD generation without any changes, or would you like for the remake to be expanded in some area, i.e. to how Resident Evil: Remake was?

To me, the best remake in any video game was Resident Evil 1, on how they kept the spirit and feeling to the game in regards to the updated graphics, while they expanded the story and mythology to the player, as well bringing in more interesting challenges to the player with new areas to explore and increased gameplay modes. I remember the countless hours spent on CE with friends and we agreed it would be nice if they tried to experiment a little in the campaign and try to make the experience fresh to players again thanks to several tweaks, trying to keep the player on your toes in regards to combat encounters and certain situations where we would be familiar. Just want your thoughts on this.

ZombieFred said:
So we could hopefully get some information in regards to the rumours on the Halo:CE remake, this coming Thursday (unless it's under NDA until the press are allowed to have the go ahead to post on their site, which is very likely to occur) and I was wondering on your opinions on your thoughts on how the remake should be done; would you like for a 1:1 remake on Combat evolved with everything fitting the HD generation without any changes, or would you like for the remake to be expanded in some area, i.e. to how Resident Evil: Remake was?
Frankie said that there is no major Halo announcement this year. Otherwise our beloved lybertyboy teases a lot over Twitter like that the Defiant MapPack is just the beginning. We do not know, but maybe we will see a really big DLC for Reach?

btw. Windows Phone 7 will get multitasking this year. I can only guess, but we will see a Halo shooter for the Windows phone(or I hope it.).
multi-tasking is basic requirement for a mobile shooter experience

wwm0nkey said:
couldnt you just download a torrent and just use your legit key?
Oh. logically Microsoft wants to support the local hacker scene. Damn. I know it.

wwm0nkey

Hypertrooper said:
Oh. logically Microsoft wants to support the local hacker scene. Damn. I know it.
Actually just keep on repeating the install process. It did that with my friend and he just kept on repeating till it was all installed.

As for the Halo CE rumors. At this point we know its going to happen, its either going to be announced Thursday or at E3. also this wouldn't be a 'Major' Halo announcement to be honest.

ZombieFred said:
Hi guys, finally I can post now, oh hallelujah. Just wanted to make my first post on here since the past three years have been surfing mostly Halo-Gaf. And now I have privy to actually join the community here. Hope for some good times :)

To me, the best remake in any video game was Resident Evil 1, on how they kept the spirit and feeling to the game in regards to the updated graphics, while they expanded the story and mythology to the player, as well bringing in more interesting challenges to the player with new areas to explore and increased gameplay modes. I remember the countless hours spent on CE with friends and we agreed it would be nice if they tried to experiment a little in the campaign and try to make the experience fresh to players again thanks to several tweaks, trying to keep the player on your toes in regards to combat encounters and certain situations where we would be familiar. Just want your thoughts on this.

Hey! Im guessing this means new members! Whoo

For me a potential Halo 1 remake would have to be a pure experience when it comes to the multiplayer - otherwise what's the point of remaking it? When it comes to the Single Player though I think it goes without saying that the second half of the game was pretty repetitive, having to play through a HD Library now would suck.

What you said about Resident Evil is interesting though, perhaps we could shift perspective for the second half of the game. We have already played as an ODST so it wouldn't be so far fetched to play as one on Halo 1. It might be cool to see what happened for other characters but I guess this would get a pretty bad reception by most fans! Either way I would prefer the style of remake you mentioned, where the spirit is the same but we see things in a different way.

As long as I get a perfect remake of the game up to 'The Assualt On The Control Room' I will be happy. I would also love to play 'The Maw' again. :p I must admit though that even with those levels I would like to see some of the smaller encounters tooled around with, there's no need to go through so many identical rooms on Assualt on Control Room for example... I just hope to play the outside Snow bit again!

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
bobs99 ... said:
Hey! Im guessing this means new members! Whoo

For me a potential Halo 1 remake would have to be a pure experience when it comes to the multiplayer - otherwise what's the point of remaking it? When it comes to the Single Player though I think it goes without saying that the second half of the game was pretty repetitive, having to play through a HD Library now would suck.

What you said about Resident Evil is interesting though, perhaps we could shift perspective for the second half of the game. We have already played as an ODST so it wouldn't be so far fetched to play as one on Halo 1. It might be cool to see what happened for other characters but I guess this would get a pretty bad reception by most fans! Either way I would prefer the style of remake you mentioned, where the spirit is the same but we see things in a different way.

As long as I get a perfect remake of the game up to "The Assualt On The Control Room' I will be happy. I would also love to play "The Maw" again. :p I must admit though that even with those levels I would like to see some of the smaller encounters tooled around with, there's no need to go through so many identical rooms on Assualt on Control Room for example... I just hope to play the outside Snow bit again!

I think that's probably the best solution if to satisfy most of the fans who loved the first game. Because while they do stray away on some areas/encounters in the design, while adding another layer into the campaign to increase the experience to the players, you can see this as an entire separate game from the original game and have both to go back enjoy for their pros and cons since they would be different to one and another while they are the same game in spirit.

If the rumours are true(what I'm not hoping for), then I want to see a perfect HD remake of the whole game. And if they are adding some new contain, then it should be a seperate from campaign. Or you can choose if you want to finish the game with the new contain or without it. But 343i should do the remake and not Saber Interactive...

wwm0nkey

Hypertrooper said:
If the rumours are true(what I'm not hoping for), then I want to see a perfect HD remake of the whole game. And if they are adding some new contain, then it should be a seperate from campaign. Or you can choose if you want to finish the game with the new contain or without it. But 343i should do the remake and not Saber Interactive...
Well if the Saber rumors are true the only thing that will change is the resolution and all the art assets will be replaced and online obviously, basically what JAW is doing to Strangers Wrath on the PS3.

If the 343i rumors are true it will be on a new engine which COULD ruin the game.

Im all for Saber doing a quick little HD tune up of Halo 1

I suggested the Halo 1 remake to be more akin to ODST than an actual full-blown release on HBO, so I'll say it here, too.

In my opinion, we don't yet need a completely new multiplayer suite, especially if it comes out only a year after Reach. Remake the campaign with the Reach engine, with the neccesary adjustments to make it more like the original. Have a complete suite of Reach multiplayer on a second disc, along with a boatload of new multiplayer and Firefight maps based on Halo: CE. Imagine fighting off wave after wave of Covenant at one of the structures from the level 'Halo' or the gravity lift pad in 'Truth and Reconciliation'. Have remakes of maps like Hang 'm High, Longest and a lot more. Perhaps they could introduce a 'classic' playlist in both Firefight and MP, where the gameplay is adjusted to what we see in the remade CE campaign.

That's my opinion. A lot of people just want them to take the original Halo 1 and throw some paint over it, and I understand why, but heck... I say, "Go crazy". Show us how you can improve on Reach's infrastructure. As much as I love Halo CE, if they just take the original and throw some paint on it and add in MP, I don't see it being worth €60.

Blue Ninja said:
I suggested the Halo 1 remake to be more akin to ODST than an actual full-blown release on HBO, so I'll say it here, too.

In my opinion, we don't yet need a completely new multiplayer suite, especially if it comes out only a year after Reach. Remake the campaign with the Reach engine, with the neccesary adjustments to make it more like the original. Have a complete suite of Reach multiplayer on a second disc, along with a boatload of new multiplayer and Firefight maps based on Halo: CE. Imagine fighting off wave after wave of Covenant at one of the structures from the level 'Halo' or the gravity lift pad in 'Truth and Reconciliation'. Have remakes of maps like Hang 'm High, Longest and a lot more. Perhaps they could introduce a 'classic' playlist in both Firefight and MP, where the gameplay is adjusted to what we see in the remade CE campaign.

That's my opinion. A lot of people just want them to take the original Halo 1 and throw some paint over it, and I understand why, but heck... I say, "Go crazy". Show us how you can improve on Reach's infrastructure. As much as I love Halo CE, if they just take the original and throw some paint on it and add in MP, I don't see it being worth €60.

We say that because the original Halo is pretty fucking good. It doesn't really need extra stuff to make it great, because it is already great.

Pistol must remain 3 shot.

ZombieFred said:

So we could hopefully get some information in regards to the rumours on the Halo:CE remake, this coming Thursday
(unless it's under NDA until the press are allowed to have the go ahead to post on their site, which is very likely to occur) and I was wondering on your opinions on your thoughts on how the remake should be done; would you like for a 1:1 remake on Combat evolved with everything fitting the HD generation without any changes, or would you like for the remake to be expanded in some area, i.e. to how Resident Evil: Remake was?

Where did you hear that? And welcome.

KS Seven X said:
We say that because the original Halo is pretty fucking good. It doesn't really need extra stuff to make it great, because it is already great.

Pistol must remain 3 shot.
The moment they make a remake, it won't be the original Halo. As long as I can still play the original Halo, I'm happy.

feel

Welcome guy

Dax01 said:
Where did you hear that? And welcome.
There's this microsoft thingie planned for the middle of the week where they're supposedly unveiling some core games for 2011.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, it's good to be part of group here :)

As letters said, Microsoft has a conference this coming Thursday for their upcoming games, around GDC. There's a big chance we could see this remake, if true, in some form, considering it would not be long until it be released later in the year (again, if true). It'll be nice though if they update the remake to have further information from what we know from the most recent Halo novel: Cryptum. I'm a sucker for the whole universe and considering it to probably my favourite series (outside Half Life though :p) that I heavily enjoy and invest my time into the universe. It's why I am glad to have my acount validated at last after so long, haha. But I do have to say that 343 doing Halo for the future is probably the best thing for the franchise, in terms of story thanks to a strong team from Microsoft and co, backing it up. It's why I've got into Halo so much because of it.

Presco

Played Reach for the first time in a looooong time last night. First time this year I think.

My first game was Arena doubles. I was rusty as hell and kept mixing up the controls with codblops. Ended up winning cause my friend carried me. Think I went +1 against terrible players. Tried a bunch of other playlists and had a good time in a few, especially MLG. I loved that CTF felt like CTF. Objective gametypes in Reach are subpar and are one of the reasons I would just prefer to play Halo 3. Gives me hope for the classic playlist.

I also liked the community playlist, if only to see a couple of different maps. My main problem with that playlist is the framerate on forged maps.

New multiteam is a bit of a clusterfuck (so no different from old multiteam I suppose) and rockethog is worse than griffball. Any flag variants in that list though? Could be very fun but I guess they would never get voted for. There's a problem when the community's idea of objective is griffball.

To those playing H2 Vista, send me a FR. I'm down to play whenever. I'll probably hop on this afternoon.

ZombieFred said:
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, it's good to be part of group here :)
Anyone with a Dark Tower avatar is OK in my book.

I'm very interested to see where 343 takes the series, storywise. If they're not working on the CE remake, they'd damn better be working on something really impressive. I demand to be wowed. :p

wwm0nkey

Mojo said:
H2V is getting ranked servers? Official or 3rd party?
3rd party. Some people have finally found a way to implement ranks. So there should be quite a few ranked servers in about a month or so (hopefully)

Top Bottom