• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

ElRenoRaven

wwm0nkey said:
Just got done with a few more rounds of Halo 2. Apparently if you use a controller people think you are cheating lol

Really can't wait for those ranked servers to start though!

Yea that's because when you're using the controller you have the auto aim just like it was on the Xbox which means you could be aiming a mile away and still hit them.

wwm0nkey said:
3rd party. Some people have finally found a way to implement ranks. So there should be quite a few ranked servers in about a month or so (hopefully)

Really? very interesting. I really need to play some more. I just don't like jumping onto some random server with people i don't know though.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hypertrooper said:
Ghal, please tell me your secret! Please! How did you get 38xxx points in 2x Score Attack on Glacier? HOW! Did the game give you two wraiths to destroy?

One year? Wow. I registered in July 2007 and got activated two weeks later.
Took me about 9 months, Overdoziz has been waiting a long time too, and it's a shame he hasn't been activated yet, at least he hasn't made himself known if he has.

wwm0nkey

PsychoRaven said:
Really? very interesting. I really need to play some more. I just don't like jumping onto some random server with people i don't know though.
Ranked servers will probably make me feel better about playing with randoms.

Oh also GAF Halo 2 Vista is only around $18 on amazon

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
ZombieFred: Recruit - Level 1

Welcome :)

Edit: Tell us about yourself. AR or BR? Favorite Halo 2 map? Favorite Halo map from all games? Highest level in Halo 3 and what playlist?

Hypertrooper said:
One year? Wow. I registered in July 2007 and got activated two weeks later.
I only had to wait a month. Registered in April and got approved in May.

I can even make this post about my activation Halo related! The first day I got approved (and could post) was the same day Frankie announced he was leaving Bungie.

MrBig

Tashi0106 said:
Edit: Tell us about yourself. AR or BR? Favorite Halo 2 map? Favorite Halo map from all games? Highest level in Halo 3 and what playlist?
AR, Gemini, Isolation, 17 in Lone Wolves.

e: I've read gaf for a while, I came here at first during the H3 beta and lurked the Halo thread a lot. Didn't bother with registering for a while, stopped coming after the great halogaf civil war, then came backed and was approved when Reach was close to release.

ElRenoRaven

Wow all this talk about date registered made me look. I can't believe I've been registered as long as I have. I know I lurked for a while before I joined and even after I did but still 6 years I'll have actually been registered here in 4 days time here. Wow how the time has flown.

Hey You

I think it took me a couple of months to get approved.
Registered in July and I think I remember receiving an email shortly after ODST launched.

wwm0nkey said:
Ranked servers will probably make me feel better about playing with randoms.

Oh also GAF Halo 2 Vista is only around $18 on amazon
Gah, tempting. I've got to upgrade from Windows XP first though :/

wwm0nkey

Hey You said:
I think it took me a couple of months to get approved.
Registered in July and I think I remember receiving an email shortly after ODST launched.

Gah, tempting. I've got to upgrade from Windows XP first though :/
There are ways to play H2V on Windows XP :)

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Tashi0106 said:

Well, the real name's Gareth and I am an IT Technician at a school. Live in England, Midlands, and been a gamer since I feel in love with Afterburner/Sonic The Hedgehog 2. I was a big Sega fan back in the day, thanks to such titles as Panzer Dragon: Saga, Skies of Arcadia, and Shenmue. Enjoy all formats of gaming: PC, console, handheld, you name it. But most of my time online is via XBLA because of friends and some of the titles I invest on there.

I'm more of a DMR person (I know of the enjoyable "discussions" of the BR/AR on here, haha) since it's the best use of skill and coordination which makes combat situations interesting. But every weapon I think has their own distinct pros and cons against each other so it depends on the combat situation you’re in, it’s always the wisdom in your head that wins fights other than guns :p

Favourite (UK spelling) Halo 2 Map has to be Beaver Creek , mainly because of the some best laughs I have had with friends on there. But overall favourite Halo map? Hard pick, but if there has to be one I enjoyed a lot then blood gulch. I didn't tend to do much ranked time on Halo 3, amusingly, but it was at 33 (lonewolf highest rank). I am max level on waypoint though, I tend to be a achievement whore when it comes to Halo <3

EDIT: On another little note, since it's half term and no students in. We have two 360s at the school that my fellow Network manager uses for Kudo (does teaching to the students with the indie development tools) and I be hooking it up to the main theatre room to play with ODST and Reach. It's quite the nice setup for scale. Don't let the vista screen scare you though, this Easter we're doing the final remaining computers (theatre included) to move onto Windows 7 ;)

Tashi0106 said:

Kind of related to your post, but your post made me think of what I'm gonna say.

Despite Halo 3 not being the main Halo game for only a few months, I find myself missing Halo 3's set of maps more than I did Halo 2's when Halo 3 came out, and I find myself missing Halo 3's maps more than Halo 2's in general. I guess it's because since Halo 3's gameplay was that much better than Halo 2's, and so I had more fun with it, I miss them more.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
bobs99 ... said:
Pm me please! :p If I could play it online that would be awesome, I had windows 7 before but I kind of prefer XP. (Dont know why lol)

What version of Windows 7 did you have? Enterprise you could of just had XP installed on Windows 7, virtually, and just run XP through there :) Surprised me there though on going back to XP from Windows 7, even though XP is probably the most stable operating system out in the market. Need to get with the times :p

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Dani said:
Fight the good fight! Don't give in!

YES. XP forever!!!

I can't afford a new laptop :/ lol

Dax: You're just a Valhalla whore Dax, you don't know what you're talking about lol

Zombie, I wasn't asking for personal info but that's cool I guess. Bummer you live in the UK, we American HaloGAF members are generally more awesome :p
Besides Dax
I noticed you didn't mention Midship at all. Not good. But you did say Beaver Creek is your favorite Halo 2 and that map is a classic so it's OK lol. Since you prefer DMR, I'll throw you in the camp of BR. So who ever is keeping tally, add another one to BR. I think the score now is about 342 to 1
Dax again

All jokes aside, welcome.

ZombieFred said:
What version of Windows 7 did you have? Enterprise you could of just had XP installed on Windows 7, virtually, and just run XP through there :) Surprised me there though on going back to XP from Windows 7, even though XP is probably the most stable operating system out in the market. Need to get with the times :p

Hey your from the Midlands - awesome, im from the UK myself and have family from the midlands. I know its a big area and that im generalising, but that immediately puts you a step ahead of Tashi in terms of being cool. As it stands

ZombieFred > Trashie > Dax.

I didn't have Enterprise edition, I think I had a gimped student edition provided by my uni, it seemed good but im so much more used to XP. Im a Comp Sci student so the fact that im so backwards isnt going to help me in the job market. :p

Tashi0106 said:
YES. XP forever!!!

I can't afford a new laptop :/ lol

Dax: You're just a Valhalla whore Dax, you don't know what you're talking about lol

Zombie, I wasn't asking for personal info but that's cool I guess. Bummer you live in the UK, we American HaloGAF members are generally more awesome :p
Besides Dax
I noticed you didn't mention Midship at all. Not good. But you did say Beaver Creek is your favorite Halo 2 and that map is a classic so it's OK lol. Since you prefer DMR, I'll throw you in the camp of BR. So who ever is keeping tally, add another one to BR. I think the score now is about 342 to 1
Dax again

All jokes aside, welcome.
Knock me off my feet, then kick me when I'm down. Haha.
bobs99 ... said:
:lol Looks like I found a new nickname for someone.

kylej

Banned
ZombieFred said:
I'm more of a DMR person (I know of the enjoyable "discussions" of the BR/AR on here, haha) since it's the best use of skill and coordination which makes combat situations interesting.

Welcome.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
bobs99 ... said:
Hey your from the Midlands - awesome, im from the UK myself and have family from the midlands. I know its a big area and that im generalising, but that immediately puts you a step ahead of Tashi in terms of being cool. As it stands

I didn't have Enterprise edition, I think I had a gimped student edition provided by my uni, it seemed good but im so much more used to XP. Im a Comp Sci student so the fact that im so backwards isnt going to help me in the job market. :p

That's pretty cool stuff. I wonder who else Halo Gaf is from the UK? And I can see why you would of reverted back to XP from that edition, lol. Long Live the UK (Shame Frankie Defected to the USA though :p). Also Dax, good to have a fellow fan of Star Trek on here (me and my partner been watching all of Voyager since I got her into it), but Next Generation is my personal choice out of the other shows ;)

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Dani said:
Halo > Haggis

I don't know. That reward and fame for finding the Loch Ness Monster could of gone to Frankie if he stayed.

vhfive

what the fuck

I thought I was on GAF but people are being nice to the new junior so that can't be true.

I guess it's up to me then.
HEY JUNIOR FUCK YOU.

welcome. don't be the next alienshogun and post to much when you first arrive

Tashi0106 said:
Actually Dax that nickname is older than you are. I welcome it. :D
03e297805251b807d6f672dd09a4a0b5.gif

ZombieFred said:
That's pretty cool stuff. I wonder who else Halo Gaf is from the UK? And I can see why you would of reverted back to XP from that edition, lol. Long Live the UK (Shame Frankie Defected to the USA though :p). Also Dax, good to have a fellow fan of Star Trek on here (me and my partner been watching all of Voyager since I got her into it), but Next Generation is my personal choice out of the other shows ;)
There are a lot Queen defenders here. It looks like I'll be always the only german HaloGaffer.
I'm feeling special right now.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
FUCK YOU ZOMBIE FRED BRO ZOMBIE FUCK FRED ZOMBIE BREAD RED DEAD REVOLVILICIOUS LOTUS FUCK FUCKITY

Welcome.

Gui_PT

And poor Gabotron hasn't been accepted on GAF yet :lol

Edit: Juices, could you possibly get me a link to whatever you got to capture video from your 360?

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Hey You said:
ZF: Armor Lock?

Sprint funny enough. It's saved my life on many occasions, as well giving me the edge for using the enviroment to help win against the odds. Also it surprises me on how many people not tend to use the radar. It's probably the best "ability" to have in the game, it can turn the tide to help your team win. For example, a bunch of enemy targets are near my position and sometimes, when I move, I try to get their attention to come around my area. I then crouch or stay still to "vanish" and wait for the perfect oppotunity to get the best damage/kills on them.

ZombieFred said:
Sprint funny enough. It's saved my life on many occasions, as well giving me the edge for using the enviroment to help win against the odds. Also it surprises me on how many people not tend to use the radar. It's probably the best "ability" to have in the game, it can turn the tide to help your team win. For example, a bunch of enemy targets are near my position and sometimes, when I move, I try to get their attention to come around my area. I then crouch or stay still to "vanish" and wait for the perfect oppotunity to get the best damage/kills on them.
I think he's asking your opinion of armor lock.

You gotta say it sucks, by the way.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Dax01 said:
I think he's asking your opinion of armor lock.

You gotta say it sucks, by the way.

My opinion is indifferent to it. I don't see the reason for my personal play style to use it, but I respect what it could do for players who can come up with some interesting ideas for it. Allthough I can see hater's gonna hate with such a ability.

MrBig

-Yeti said:
Got mah Xbox 360, Got mah Reach, my body is ready again.

If you wanna play some games, like right now, add me!

GT: RebornYeti
yes

e: also you need to download my yeti dome revisions

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
vhfive said:
what the fuck

I thought I was on GAF but people are being nice to the new junior so that can't be true.

I guess it's up to me then.
HEY JUNIOR FUCK YOU.

welcome. don't be the next alienshogun and post to much when you first arrive

When he first arrives? Shit, he has to dethrone me as I stand NOW!

Come at me bro.

Also, can't hate on a guy named Zombie Fred, you just can't.

GhaleonEB

ZombieFred said:
Well, the real name's Gareth and I am an IT Technician at a school. Live in England, Midlands, and been a gamer since I feel in love with Afterburner/Sonic The Hedgehog 2. I was a big Sega fan back in the day, thanks to such titles as Panzer Dragon: Saga, Skies of Arcadia, and Shenmue. Enjoy all formats of gaming: PC, console, handheld, you name it. But most of my time online is via XBLA because of friends and some of the titles I invest on there.

I'm more of a DMR person (I know of the enjoyable "discussions" of the BR/AR on here, haha) since it's the best use of skill and coordination which makes combat situations interesting. But every weapon I think has their own distinct pros and cons against each other so it depends on the combat situation you’re in, it’s always the wisdom in your head that wins fights other than guns :p

Favourite (UK spelling) Halo 2 Map has to be Beaver Creek , mainly because of the some best laughs I have had with friends on there. But overall favourite Halo map? Hard pick, but if there has to be one I enjoyed a lot then blood gulch. I didn't tend to do much ranked time on Halo 3, amusingly, but it was at 33 (lonewolf highest rank). I am max level on waypoint though, I tend to be a achievement whore when it comes to Halo <3

EDIT: On another little note, since it's half term and no students in. We have two 360s at the school that my fellow Network manager uses for Kudo (does teaching to the students with the indie development tools) and I be hooking it up to the main theatre room to play with ODST and Reach. It's quite the nice setup for scale. Don't let the vista screen scare you though, this Easter we're doing the final remaining computers (theatre included) to move onto Windows 7 ;)
Let's be friends. You might be one to get the reference in my Live profile. :p

Back home after three days. Gonna get reacquainted with Firefight.

GhaleonEB said:
Let's be friends. You might be one to get the reference in my Live profile. :p

Back home after three days. Gonna get reacquainted with Firefight.
You getting on soon, Ghal? I'll join you for a couple of romps.

wwm0nkey

Man this guy is getting a pretty nice welcome. Im pretty sure someone ignored me when I first posted on this site =/

Screw you new guy and every one being nice to you :(

Raide

wwm0nkey said:
Man this guy is getting a pretty nice welcome. Im pretty sure someone ignored me when I first posted on this site =/

Screw you new guy and every one being nice to you :(

*ignored*

I keed! I keed!

Welcome Zombie. Don't think about feasting on HaloGAF brains else you will get no-scoped by Tashi.

szaromir

Banned
I read Halo Cryptum last week, a very good read. Was there a discussion dedicated to this book? I'd like to read some thoughts on it.

Top Bottom