• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

wwm0nkey said:
Man this guy is getting a pretty nice welcome. Im pretty sure someone ignored me when I first posted on this site =/

Screw you new guy and every one being nice to you :(
inorite, what up with that?

But obviously I don't post enough since I'm still a junior even though I've been on GAF for over a year now. I'll just go back to quietly assimilating myself into HaloGAF. :3

I think that's partly because he just plainly said "Hi guys, I'm new, don't hate me." It works.

I remember my first post being a casual tone, like I'd been posting here for a long time. "Don't attract attention" was the keyword. :p

Blue Ninja said:
I think that's partly because he just plainly said "Hi guys, I'm new, don't hate me." It works.

I remember my first post being a casual tone, like I'd been posting here for a long time. "Don't attract attention" was the keyword. :p
That was basically my approach to it as well. Just pretended like I was always here.

Letters said:
I remember defending dax on my first post, that was a bad start.
:lol

Barrow Roll said:
That was basically my approach to it as well. Just pretended like I was always here.
Blend in casually,
then strike at them from within.

That said, my junior days weren't all that bad. Only Shogun pulled the "JUNIOR!!"-card on me once, I think, and I recall a few pages filled with Shogun-hate afterwards. Good times.

I still frequent HBO more often, though, as I'm more of a story person. Between bitching about armor lock and reticle bloom, story discussion doesn't pop up here all that often.

I bob in and out of here, always been more of a lurker. Never been a very prolific poster, pretty sure I posted more before Reach was out than since.

Can't recall what I first posted on Halo GAF or how/if I introduced myself, I imagine everyone welcomed me happily into their hearts though. Cause why wouldn't ya?

MrBig said:
yes

e: also you need to download my yeti dome revisions

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that I looked at it. You did a really good job! I don't know why I couldn't figure out the softkill/hardkill barriers things to work. Also, I didn't think it would be noticeable, but the rainbow object colors on the glass barriers looks really cool.

I will give you some credit in the map description! Here's the link to the new version: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=14215442&player=RebornYeti

Also, sorry I sucked in Matchmaking today. I haven't played since before Christmas so I am a bit rusty.

MrBig

-Yeti said:
Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that I looked at it. You did a really good job! I don't know why I couldn't figure out the softkill/hardkill barriers things to work. Also, I didn't think it would be noticeable, but the rainbow object colors on the glass barriers looks really cool.

I will give you some credit in the map description! Here's the link to the new version: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=14215442&player=RebornYeti

Also, sorry I sucked in Matchmaking today. I haven't played since before Christmas so I am a bit rusty.
thanks.
:lol I haven't played mm in a week and I still got like 25 kills in that one game

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
GhaleonEB said:
Let's be friends. You might be one to get the reference in my Live profile. :p

Back home after three days. Gonna get reacquainted with Firefight.

178326-edge_thumb.jpg

Tawpgun

'Sup HaloGAF, long time lurker who has finally gotten approved. Been waiting forever for this.

Also finally got my weekly done... as a result I've also grown fonder of firefight. I tend to have that infamous input lag, but now I get it only about half of the time, and its nothing I can't deal with.

Right now I pretty much have my armor the way I want it so I guess I'll save up for inclement weather...at 550k right now.

And does anyone have any tips on getting the double kill from the grave achievement? It's the only one I'm missing.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
A27 Tawpgun said:
And does anyone have any tips on getting the double kill from the grave achievement? It's the only one I'm missing.

Multi-Team...you seek Multi-Team!

Hey You

Willeth said:
So apparently my Legacy menu and bnet think I only completed ODST on Heroic, despite completing it on Legendary and having every achievement.

http://www.bungie.net/stats/halo3/achievements.aspx?player=Willeth

Is there an easy way to fix this or should I just whizz through ODST on Legendary again?

EDIT: Never mind, it's because my Legendary run wasn't a full one. It's a mishmash of some co-op, some solo.
Yeah, I completed ODST on Normal yet the Legacy Menu says I only completed it on Easy.

JB1981

Dani said:
To give the Drop Shield an opportunity to shine.
I fucking hate evade. And I guess u are being sarcastic? Bubble shield is abused like hell and hologram would be amazingly useful in CTF.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Welcome A27!

AR or BR?

Highest Halo 3 level and what playlist?

Favorite Halp 2 map?

Favorite all-time Halo map?

KevinRo

Bungie, fix being able to juggle the flag with jetpack.

Also, when the fuck is that quidditch style grifball coming out to the playlists? I would play that all day.

Tawpgun

Tashi0106 said:
Welcome A27!

AR or BR?

Favorite Halp 2 map?

Please, call me Tawpgun (Topgun, Top, toppy) A27 is a clan name, I'm gonna try and get it changed to just Tawpgun here when I become a member.

BR

47 in either Team Slayer or Doubles, I forget. I initially got my 45 in Lone Wolves back when it had 5 players.

Halo 2 Map: It varies depending on gametype but if I had to choose an absolute favorite... Headlong without a doubt.

All-Time halo map: If it counts... Coldsnap, it's a Custom Edition map. But as far as bungie produced maps go.... I'd have to go with the classic Blood Gulch. That's a really hard question...

Tawpgun

Indeed. Also, like I said, I've lurked here for a while so many of you might be delighted that I am VERY Anti-Armor Lock.

In fact, I've started a personal campaign against it that you guys are more than welcome to join in on. If someone ever locks on you, and you kill them after, teabag them furiously.

Tawpgun

Tashi0106 said:
I give props for the Halo 2 picks but Blood Gulch best all time Halo map?

My first Halo game was actually Halo Trial on the PC. Only game was blood gulch. That's where I was recruited into my A27 Clan. Eventually we all migrated to Halo Custom Edition, but all clan battles were fought on blood gulch.

When I played splitscreen/LAN on Xbox we all played Blood Gulch.

I've just had too many sweet memories from it. My number 2 is Headlong, Number 3 is lockout. The flow of that map was godly.

Striker

Tashi0106 said:
I give props for the Halo 2 picks but Blood Gulch best all time Halo map?
I agree, Coagulation > Blood Gulch. Blood Gulch is historic on Halo: CE LAN, though. I miss those days and the days of CTF Sidewinder. Slayer Pro on Hang 'Em and and CTF Classic on Battle Creek.

Halo 2, though, god damn. That damn Classic playlist needs to fuckin' hurry.

Tashi

Did Lockout even have a flow really? Lockout to me was very much about set ups and mastering the jumps. Standoffs came multiple times a game. Very team oriented, strategy demanding.

Tawpgun

Tashi0106 said:
Did Lockout even have a flow really? Lockout to me was very much about set ups and mastering the jumps. Standoffs came multiple times a game. Very team oriented, strategy demanding.

I suppose flow isn't the best word, I meant it more in a map movement role. It felt like you can get to point A to point B very fast because of the jumps and such. I love maps with good jumps.

It's why I hate the cage...

Now that I think about it, Cage is a VERY appropriate name for that map.

Tashi

A27 Tawpgun said:
I suppose flow isn't the best word, I meant it more in a map movement role. It felt like you can get to point A to point B very fast because of the jumps and such. I love maps with good jumps.

It's why I hate the cage...

Now that I think about it, Cage is a VERY appropriate name for that map.
Well if that's how you mean it then absolutely. However in a tight 4v4 your chances were very limited.

Hey You

A27 Tawpgun said:
Indeed. Also, like I said, I've lurked here for a while so many of you might be delighted that I am VERY Anti-Armor Lock.

In fact, I've started a personal campaign against it that you guys are more than welcome to join in on. If someone ever locks on you, and you kill them after, teabag them furiously.
*Hits ignore user*

Tawpgun

GhaleonEB said:
<3

I see the Firefight Limited population hasn't improved their IQ while I was away.

Welcome, new people. Half of you will be banned inside of a month. Have fun!

Challenge Accepted.

Speaking of challenges, I'd like to see some juicier ones. And the ones where you really have to go out of your way and do, like a lot of the campaign ones, should be worth a LOT more.

It's gonna be a long climb after I hit general...

Oozer3993

Striker said:
I agree, Coagulation > Blood Gulch. Blood Gulch is historic on Halo: CE LAN, though. I miss those days and the days of CTF Sidewinder. Slayer Pro on Hang 'Em and and CTF Classic on Battle Creek.

Halo 2, though, god damn. That damn Classic playlist needs to fuckin' hurry.

I could play that forever.

SandlotForever2.gif

Butane123

Tashi0106 said:
AR or BR?

Favorite Halp 2 map?

AR
15 (alright, actually being serious here, but I don't think I played over 100 ranked games)
Backwash
Epitaph

Am I good?

Butane123 said:
AR
15 (alright, actually being serious here, but I don't think I played over 100 ranked games)
Backwash
Epitaph

Am I good?

:lol :lol

Orbital in place of Epitaph would have made it better though.

Butane123 said:
AR
Backwash
Epitaph

Am I good?
Just going to point out that you an AR lover, had a highest rank of 15... Meanwhile the BR lover had a highest rank of 47.

Just sayin....

zumphry

Banned
Thanks for the Firefight games Ghal and Chocopolka. Just two score attack games away from the weekly and hopefully Brigadier (watch the bar be like 100 cR by the end of it :p)

Top Bottom