• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

NOKYARD said:
I disagree.

The AR should be removed because it is way too overpowered, especially against heavy vehicles at long range!

Also, played a few games with Gamesager tonight. Nice guy, he went +77 (0 deaths) with the Banshee in a Breakpoint Crazy King game.
This is a bug that has been repreduced many times as of late. Even looking at the map pack trailer, you can see a banshee getting a laser kill. Your video is still hilarious mind you, but damn Bungie :/

aDDiKt24

Banned
The AR needs to be on par with the SMG from Halo 2. That gives spawning players a chance at defending themselves from a banshee without ever actually destroying it, unless its close to death or has a stupid driver in it.

The banshee could then keep its bomb.

I am on the side that thinks AL is great in vehicle orientated maps. In small maps like sword base, Reflection etc etc it proves the game breaker. Adjusting it (which I described in a previous post a few pages back) wouldn't nullify it, but would make it on par with the other abilities.

Strong chance I might be an XBL-less or at least closed-NAT & high ping accommodation From February until June.

Zeo = :'(

Also, Banshee bomb just needs to go, turret power increased. Happened with the Hornet's rockets, should happen here too.

LosDaddie

Banned
HaloGAF: I finished ONI on Legendary about a month ago for a Daily challenge, and now I'm doing my solo Legendary run. Do I need to re-play ONI? Or can I just skip to the 3rd mission (Night Fall)?

LosDaddie said:
HaloGAF: I finished ONI on Legendary about a month ago for a Daily challenge, and now I'm doing my solo Legendary run. Do I need to re-play ONI? Or can I just skip to the 3rd mission (Night Fall)?
You can skip it.

Zeouterlimits said:
Strong chance I might be an XBL-less or at least closed-NAT & high ping accommodation From February until June.

Zeo = :'(

Also, Banshee bomb just needs to go, turret power increased. Happened with the Hornet's rockets, should happen here too.
rk1vn4.gif

Grimm Fandango said:
My XBL runs out in February and I'm strongly considering not to renew it...

maybe I can donate it to you!
Actually, that does remind me, a good third of that year sub I got back in August will be gone to waste. Not that I paid full price, so it's truly not the important loss here.

Didn't post, but was great getting the challenges with Grimm, Gui and Shogun last night, fun times.

aDDiKt24 said:
The AR needs to be on par with the SMG from Halo 2. That gives spawning players a chance at defending themselves from a banshee without ever actually destroying it, unless its close to death or has a stupid driver in it.

The banshee could then keep its bomb.

I am on the side that thinks AL is great in vehicle orientated maps. In small maps like sword base, Reflection etc etc it proves the game breaker. Adjusting it (which I described in a previous post a few pages back) wouldn't nullify it, but would make it on par with the other abilities.

Use the DMR instead, It drops a banshee right quickly, and in all the maps where you see a banshee, you spawn with a DMR.

Hey You

equil said:
So uh are we ever going to have like double credit weekends? :D
I wouldn't hold my breath.

And Grab Bag is pretty much the Double Exp Weekend that H3 had, for Reach.

Every week or 2 , a different playlist will appear in Grab Bag.

Probably next week the playlist will be just Community maps from the Forgetacular Contest.

aDDiKt24

Banned
electricpirate said:
Use the DMR instead, It drops a banshee right quickly, and in all the maps where you see a banshee, you spawn with a DMR.

I do, the AR is terrible for the Banshee. I just feel the AR should be the "Go to" weapon for vehicles. Hence the reason for me wanting it to be like the Halo 2 SMG.

aDDiKt24 said:
I do, the AR is terrible for the Banshee. I just feel the AR should be the "Go to" weapon for vehicles. Hence the reason for me wanting it to be like the Halo 2 SMG.

Let me get this straight, It's not that the banshee lacks a counter, but that it isn't countered by your weapon of choice?

I know, opinions etc, but that's some seriously small beer there.

press y to have fun

Edit: typo fixo

equil said:
So uh are we ever going to have like double credit weekends? :D

I would be willing to be that something like this is in the works. They're probably just waiting for a few months so that once the majority of the population has hit a credit wall they can woo them back with double cR action.

I'd be down.

Urk - I'm not a big objective guy, but would it be possible to get an objective-based weekly challenge? Something like "capture X flags in multiplayer matchmaking this week"?

Bregmann Roche said:
Urk - I'm not a big objective guy, but would it be possible to get an objective-based weekly challenge? Something like "capture X flags in multiplayer matchmaking this week"?
Promotes bad behaviour. People will betray you for the flag.

Hey You

Hydranockz said:
Yeah sadly.

If only they turned off Betrayals for all of Matchmaking, then maybe we could have Objective commendations and challenges.

Hydranockz said:

Well, not YOU you, but your team. So you get 1 point towards the challenge every time your team scores. Would that even be possible?

Like I said, I'm not an objective guy, but that's the sort of challenge that would get me to try it out.

Edited to ask: Dax, would a Mountain Dew sponsorship change your mind? Something like "Mountain Dew-Dax Brew" as a new flavor? The can could have Star Trek and Halo stuff on it.

aDDiKt24

Banned
electricpirate said:
Let me get this straight, It's not that the banshee lacks a counter, but that it isn't countered by your weapon of choice?

I know, opinions etc, but that's some seriously small beer there.

press y to have fun

Edit: typo fixo

Seriously, the DMR doesn't do enough damage to a banshee to call it a "go-to" weapon. We shoot at it with the DMR as it's the only weapon that does any slight damage.

The AR takes 7 and a half full clips to kill a banshee with every bullet hitting its body. That is horrible. It is too weak against the banshee. The DMR is good for medium to long distance shooting at the banshee. At close range to the banshee, the AR should show its advantage over the DMR due to the quick fire clip, but doesn't. Its simple balance.

aDDiKt24 said:
Seriously, the DMR doesn't do enough damage to a banshee to call it a "go-to" weapon. We shoot at it with the DMR as it's the only weapon that does any slight damage.

The AR takes 7 and a half full clips to kill a banshee with every bullet hitting its body. That is horrible. It is too weak against the banshee. The DMR is good for medium to long distance shooting at the banshee. At close range to the banshee, the AR should show its advantage over the DMR due to the quick fire clip, but doesn't. Its simple balance.
It's an Assault Rifle.. not an Anti-Air Rifle.

Tashi0106 said:
I like the banshee just the way it is. Team shoot it to take it down you fools

Just stopping by to say THIS!!!

I hate playing with randoms that don't know that team shooting a Banshee is super effective.

ShinAmano

Hydranockz said:
True...in a game of Stockpile the other day there was a guy on my team who would pick up the flags in the scoring area move outside of it and back in to get the points...

Edit - can someone direct me to the video showing the uses of the grenade launcher? The one that shows the skull on the gun?

Alienshogun said:
What?!? Why?

Well I'm playing 360 (consoles in general) a lot less lately due to graduate school. And MS jacking the price up $10 just rubbed me the wrong way. I really only play Halo online. If I can find Live for like $35 or so I might come back.

ShinAmano said:
True...in a game of Stockpile the other day there was a guy on my team who would pick up the flags in the scoring area move outside of it and back in to get the points...
The guy wasn't getting credit for those grabs. That bug was fixed after the beta; the moron probably just didn't know it changed.

EDIT: Here's the bnet thread link to Grenade Launcher 101

ShinAmano

squidhands said:
The guy wasn't getting credit for those grabs. That bug was fixed after the beta; the moron probably just didn't know it changed.
Huh...then I guess I just got ripped off in my flag counts...I had one cap and then saw the guy do it to my second flag...I only got credit for one...not that I am worried about it, I only care about the win.

aDDiKt24

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
I like the banshee just the way it is. Team shoot it to take it down you fools

Of course this works. Team of 8 people shoot anything and its going to make short work of it. We all know this!

Sometimes it doesn't exactly work like that. I go back to a game I had on Breakpoint (Elite Slayer). Me and 3 other guys continuously shot a Banshee with our Needler Rifles but it was doing barely any damage. Spawn in the open snow, would basically mean death within 5-10 seconds.

The whole banshee vs player balance was handled much better in Halo 2.
6 years later and we have gone backwards!

Booties

Banned
Its cold and blustery outside. I'm off from work. Who wants to play some MOTHER FUCKING HALO REACH! YEAH! b 2 da ooties

Oh and I got the new 250 gig S console. It's so beautiful. Gotta re-download halo wars and other games now that I have so much HDD space available finally.

aDDiKt24 said:
Of course this works. Team of 8 people shoot anything and its going to make short work of it. We all know this!

Sometimes it doesn't exactly work like that. I go back to a game I had on Breakpoint (Elite Slayer). Me and 3 other guys continuously shot a Banshee with our Needler Rifles but it was doing barely any damage. Spawn in the open snow, would basically mean death within 5-10 seconds.

Elite slayer is a special case, as the needle rifle doesn't work on vehicles. In that case, yes, banshee's suck.

Well generally, Elite slayer just kind of sucks. It should just be removed outright. But every halo has had some pretty awfull gametypes that somehow survived through Matchmaking.

Speaking of the bulk of Banshee situations, where you have spartans, or have a battlefield littered with DMRS, I find 2 people with DMR's is enough to drop a banshee, or at least to get him to bug out.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
aDDiKt24 said:

Ok but I think we can all agree that more often than not team shooting a banshee DOES work. And you don't need all 8 guys shooting it to at least have the banshee fly away to escape. Spawning in the open snow doesn't sound like a Banshee problem, it sounds like a problem with the spawn system or the map itself.

ShinAmano said:
Edit - can someone direct me to the video showing the uses of the grenade launcher? The one that shows the skull on the gun?

The realization of what that little skull guy meant single-handedly saved Sword Base as a map for me. I was getting very tired of the typical camp the lifts play of that map, but once you drop an exploratory launcher shot in there to find out how many dudes are hanging out in there it makes for some very good times.

Pro Pipe indeed.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
why the hell did they just vote for team crazyking on breakpoint!? i want those 10 min back

NOKYARD

Louis Wu said:
What the hell were you thinking? I mean, it's funny that you did that last tiny bit of damage and got the kill... but what the hell were you thinking?
I was taunting him with sporadic DMR shots to remind him i was still alive after surviving several Wraith bombs. When i ran out of DMR ammo waiting for the Plasma Launcher to respawn the AR seemed to be an adequate replacement for this task.

To your original question "What the hell were you thinking?". I was replaying in my mind all the old HaloGAF AR arguments like a Vietnam movie soundtrack while i emptied that useless piece of… well, useless on that map anyway. :D

Top Bottom