• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
kylej said:
Pistola is a beast. I'll grow my hair like his if it lets me wape that hard.
Grow it as long as Fabio:

zHLCJ.jpg

As somebody who really enjoyed splatters and sticking people almost as my favorite things in Halo 3, you can imagine why Armor Lock would be so disappointing. Until the map pack there weren't any 4v4 vehicle maps in the first place, but nowadays I don't even want to get on a Ghost anymore because they're so vulnerable.

Let's plan a date. Maybe friday? I have no time during the week because I'll write 2 exams this week. So yeah. Friday would be perfect

timetokill said:
As somebody who really enjoyed splatters and sticking people almost as my favorite things in Halo 3, you can imagine why Armor Lock would be so disappointing. Until the map pack there weren't any 4v4 vehicle maps in the first place, but nowadays I don't even want to get on a Ghost anymore because they're so vulnerable.

Yeah, I feel your pain. I can enjoy the non-vehicular parts of Halo just fine, but the vehicle combat (and crazy fun stickies) were sort of what differentiate Halo from other shooters for me (well, that and they high level of polish) so the 4 v 4 vehicle combat in Reach has soured me a bit. Tempest is a great map, but it's not fun to drive around in the warthog because half the time I'm toppling end over end into the water or getting DMR'd to hell. Meanwhile on Breakpoint the Banshee dominates.

I know that Bungie said vehicles were getting another pass at the end of the Beta, but maybe they could get another pass before a Title Update?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
timetokill said:
Is it just me or is the Ghost absolutely shit at killing people too now?

Jinjo

You know the whole AL not negating being stuck idea is great and all, but then you will let all the damn suicide bombers get away even more with running in your face, throwing the stick and then AL'ing to get away completely unscathed. Which imo is even more ridiculous and broken than AL 'throwing' the stick off your body when you get stuck. Now atleast you have a counter against those bastards.

Magni

Alienshogun said:
Yep, Astro customer service is awesome.

What did you break and how did you break it?

My headset is awesome, but I'm not rough with it either.

I don't know what broke, but both mine and my brothers are dead for chat at least, and we take EXTREME care with our electronics (launch 360's only RROD was during a block-wide power outage if that means anything ^^).

If my headset is not set to mute, I get extremely loud static in my ears. And no one can here me talking (just loud static), so it's lose-lose.

The MixAmp is great, and customer purchase during the purchase was great as well, but it seems that the chat problem isn't isolated =( I don't even know to whom I should send a mail, I bought them from the US site before the UK site was created, but I'm in Europe. I'll get around to it this week.

On a similar note, anyone have any experience with their bags? They look great but they're veeeery expensive :x

edit: concerning AL, I hate it in standard 4v4 slayer, but thought it'd be more adapted to BTB/Invasion. If even the BTB/Invasion crowd hates it, that just shows how shitty that AA is :lol Worst addition to Halo MP of the decade ><

edit2: "brother's" not "brothers", but I'll leave the typo in for hilariousity's sake :lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
MagniHarvald said:
I don't know what broke, but both mine and my brothers are dead for chat at least, and we take EXTREME care with our electronics (launch 360's only RROD was during a block-wide power outage if that means anything ^^).

If my headset is not set to mute, I get extremely loud static in my ears. And no one can here me talking (just loud static), so it's lose-lose.

The MixAmp is great, and customer purchase during the purchase was great as well, but it seems that the chat problem isn't isolated =( I don't even know to whom I should send a mail, I bought them from the US site before the UK site was created, but I'm in Europe. I'll get around to it this week.

On a similar note, anyone have any experience with their bags? They look great but they're veeeery expensive :x

edit: concerning AL, I hate it in standard 4v4 slayer, but thought it'd be more adapted to BTB/Invasion. If even the BTB/Invasion crowd hates it, that just shows how shitty that AA is :lol Worst addition to Halo MP of the decade ><

edit2: "brother's" not "brothers", but I'll leave the typo in for hilariousity's sake :lol

That is really weird, I've never heard of that before. If anything people rave about how awesome chat is with Astros, the mic has been awesome for everyone I know, I actually have mine straight up in the air when I play since it picks up sound so well. I wonder what could be causing your issue.

Ok so... the WEEKLY challenge... WEEKLY. That word you know, that contains 7 days in it. That is 168 hours. That is 336 half hour segments.

Bungie's WEEKLY challenge is not even 1% of the week...

I died a little today :p

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hydranockz said:
Ok so... the WEEKLY challenge... WEEKLY. That word you know, that contains 7 days in it. That is 168 hours. That is 336 half hour segments.

Bungie's WEEKLY challenge is not even 1% of the week...

I died a little today :p

Yeah, not sure why the weekly was a daily, pretty WEAK if you ask me.

Striker

MagniHarvald said:
I don't think many of the complaints here are even registering from AL being abusive in BTB/Invasion. It's Multi-team and Arena. Gone from Arena now, and hopefully later, Multi-team.

The worst addition is by far the Spartan Laser.

Magni

Striker said:
I don't think many of the complaints here are even registering from AL being abusive in BTB/Invasion. It's Multi-team and Arena. Gone from Arena now, and hopefully later, Multi-team.

The Spartan Laser only fucks up certain maps, can be controlled, and you know who has it. It's also not a get out of jail free card. It does fuck up vehicle gameplay though, I agree. But it's nothing like the clusterfuck that Armor Lock is IMO.

Alienshogun said:
Yeah, not sure why the weekly was a daily, pretty WEAK if you ask me.
More like WEAKLY!

... Yeah, I'll go away now.

In all seriousness, just finished the latest incarnation of my map and threw a marketing post up on HBO. I'm a bit too lazy to adapt the images to BBcode right now, so I'll just leave one here.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Plywood said:
http://i.imgur.com/3LcLp.jpg

More like PREEEEEETEEEEEEENS. I knew there were 12 year olds playing Halo, but Christ! :lol

enzo_gt said:
Is it just me or is the Ghost absolutely shit at killing people too now?

Yep, it sure seems that way. It could be the lack of splatter ability as well, making it worse. Hard to say. All I know is I would always get on a ghost if I could in Halo 3, and I almost never bother with them in Reach.

Striker said:

What!? the laser should be the secondary spawn weapon in every playlist. SL's should fall like rain from the sky in every map. Hell, It should have a secondary laser attached to it.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
20 Pages already? HaloGAF Cannot be stopped.

MrBig

I'm in for the Invasion match on friday.
kylej said:
This is basically every challenge. Woo, I can grind out these horrible challenges for 12,000 credits or play a few hours of Noble team.
Kind of. I get ~2k per match i think (haven't played a mm game since I hit brig), so thats about 12k per hour, or spend an hour or two doing those campaign challenges. I did all teh challenges today though.
Calm Killer said:
20 Pages already? HaloGAF Cannot be stopped.

kylej

Banned
Hey You said:
The Dailies aren't even worth the credit or time. I could get 1000+ in one match.

This is basically every challenge. Woo, I can grind out these horrible challenges for 12,000 credits or play a few hours of Noble team.

Falt

Hey You said:
The Dailies aren't even worth the credit or time. I could get 1000+ in one match.

I got 8000+ cR knocking out 2 dailies and the weekly in one campaign mission which lasted 22 minutes. That's probably 2 games in matchmaking, give or take. Just saying is all :D

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Blue Ninja said:
More like WEAKLY!

... Yeah, I'll go away now.

In all seriousness, just finished the latest incarnation of my map and threw a marketing post up on HBO. I'm a bit too lazy to adapt the images to BBcode right now, so I'll just leave one here.

will download. curious to see how the changes affect it, in customs the other week it seemed everyone just held that platform on the far right, killing those that tried to man cannon to it or down the walkway.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
timetokill said:
Yep, it sure seems that way. It could be the lack of splatter ability as well, making it worse. Hard to say. All I know is I would always get on a ghost if I could in Halo 3, and I almost never bother with them in Reach.
The accuracy on the plasma guns at the front is absolutely horrid close range or even medium range. It can't hit shit and it takes a full 5 second to kill someone right infront of you.

aDDiKt24

Banned
Alienshogun said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Your avatar must be a self portrait.

You lack the culture to know who my avatar is of. So in that sense you are a massive failure. Maybe your just too young, which if true, I also feel sorry for you missing out on such a thing.

Thanks for responding to my grievances. You must be well educated.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
aDDiKt24 said:
You lack the culture to know who my avatar is of. So in that sense you are a massive failure. Maybe your just too young, which if true, I also feel sorry for you missing out on such a thing.

Yeah, I don't know about Goonies, that there is some culture! :lol

I bet you're fat and ugly and a woman won't let you stick your dick in her. :D

Don't bother responding, this post isn't serious, and I really don't care what you think since clearly your opinion is garbage.

aDDiKt24 said:

While Alienshogun's response was bad, this was just as bad. :|

Ramirez

I guess it's a sign of not playing much anymore, but I totally shot a guy about 3 times and then went for the melee some how thinking it would kill him. I hate the new melee system. :(

Gui_PT

Alienshogun said:

Don't bother responding, this post isn't serious, and I really don't care what you think since clearly your opinion is garbage.

FFJh1.gif

aDDiKt24

Banned
Alienshogun said:

Well done. Rip into someone over the internet physically then claim "It's not serious". My opinion is garbage? I came into a thread about Halo with general feelings that I summed up quite well I thought. Quite a few people have agreed on certain things I have said and some people disagreed and stated why. You? No you just rip into the poster.

So If my opinion is garbage so are the others who have agreed. Well done sir. You failed. Next time respond to my post and hopefully we can work together to give Bungie the feedback they need to make Reach a more balanced game.

Or we can just give each other shit and get nowhere. Maturity is something that grows with you, obviously you have a little bit more growing up to do. Good luck.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
aDDiKt24 said:
Well done. Rip into someone over the internet physically then claim "It's not serious". My opinion is garbage? I came into a thread about Halo with general feelings that I summed up quite well I thought. Quite a few people have agreed on certain things I have said and some people disagreed and stated why. You? No you just rip into the poster.

So If my opinion is garbage so are the others who have agreed. Well done sir. You failed. Next time respond to my post and hopefully we can work together to give Bungie the feedback they need to make Reach a more balanced game.

Or we can just give each other shit and get nowhere. Maturity is something that grows with you, obviously you have a little bit more growing up to do. Good luck.

5p08ex.jpg

I'm still just a junior, so I'm learning here, but is this the part where I say:

...gets popcorn...

?

To keep it Halo related: What are our estimates on when the Forgetacular contest winners will start turning up in matchmaking?

aDDiKt24 said:
I was agreeing with you until here...

Reminds me of this tbh
LoveAndPeaceTrigun.gif

It feels like only yesterday that Shogun was the junior...

Top Bottom