• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
aDDiKt24 said:
Well done. Rip into someone over the internet physically then claim "It's not serious". My opinion is garbage? I came into a thread about Halo with general feelings that I summed up quite well I thought. Quite a few people have agreed on certain things I have said and some people disagreed and stated why. You? No you just rip into the poster.

So If my opinion is garbage so are the others who have agreed. Well done sir. You failed. Next time respond to my post and hopefully we can work together to give Bungie the feedback they need to make Reach a more balanced game.

Or we can just give each other shit and get nowhere. Maturity is something that grows with you, obviously you have a little bit more growing up to do. Good luck.

its clique-y halogaf dude.

MrBig

Bregmann Roche said:
To keep it Halo related: What are our estimates on when the Forgetacular contest winners will start turning up in matchmaking?
We'll probably get a list before Christmas and see them in matchmaking January.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Alright drop this shit now...back to Halo

Any idea what time the playlists will drop into matchmaking?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Alienshogun said:
Nah, his original post was a shitty anger induced cry fest, I don't fall into the "clique" anyway.

I'm done pokin' the junior anyhow, he's lost his appeal.

other then the last paragraph, seemed reasonable enough, even if you dont agree with all of his points.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
CYCLE.gif

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
op_ivy said:
other then the last paragraph, seemed reasonable enough, even if you dont agree with all of his points.

That's what wrapped it up into one giant turd.

Tashi0106 said:
Alright drop this shit now...back to Halo

Any idea what time the playlists will drop into matchmaking?

Party pooper!

Don't know, but I can't wait either way. I want to see what MLG did to improve Reach.

I thought I saw somewhere before 10 am PST; wasn't that when Noble map playlist went live?

Falt

Dani said:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b177/iamnotevilness/CYCLE.gifIMG][/QUOTE]
I remember seeing this when you posted it originally. I lol'd. Now it's just plain fucking spooky!

Hydranockz said:
I was agreeing with you until here...

Reminds me of this tbh
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ga9SbkGik...AAAYw/XHZnFL_usoA/s400/LoveAndPeaceTrigun.gif

It feels like only yesterday that Shogun was the junior...

Im shaking my head at all the junior talk. So what if they are newer to Gaf, doesnt invalidate theyre opinion.

Also, the main reason I post critique in this thread is because I hope Bungie will take notice. Its long odds that my post will be read by anyone with the power... but if it is im slowly planting the seeds for improvements. :D

LoveAndPeaceTrigun.gif

Come on guys, you can't make friends with salad.

I have been doing some silly drawings of Zayne's tweet about Armour Lock Heroes. So far I have Armour Clock and Jet Quack. I want HaloGaf to come up with some more ideas. I'll show you my really badly drawn pis laters if you all behave.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hydranockz said:
LoveAndPeaceTrigun.gif

Come on guys, you can't make friends with salad.

I have been doing some silly drawings of Zayne's tweet about Armour Lock Heroes. So far I have Armour Clock and Jet Quack. I want HaloGaf to come up with some more ideas. I'll show you my really badly drawn pis laters if you all behave.

I could never get into Trigun, it never had any actual story it seemed.

I know you're all Euro and stuff, but it's ARMOR, not ARMOUR. :D

You should make one character HoloGAF.

Bobs, the junior comment was purely to poke, not to discredit, his last paragraph in his OP did the discrediting on it's own, in my opinion. I would think that would have been clear, I don't care if someone's a junior or not, it just makes for an easy jab.

zumphry

Banned
Hydranockz said:

Sprint has to be a "reformed" crack-addict, and Evade being a Elite that's a headbanger.

Dani said:
Fart's sake. I save up 400,000 cR for my Gungnir helmet's final attachment and go to purchase it.

FFFFFFFFFF............! >(
I told you! Ye lold to your heart's content when I mentioned it in the lobby. Joking saying Bungie would make you do a Mythic run of the campaign first :p Hahaha oh Hydra, you craaaazy!

Maybe people will listen to me more :lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hydranockz said:
I told you! Ye lold to your heart's content when I mentioned it in the lobby. Joking saying Bungie would make you do a Mythic run of the campaign first :p Hahaha oh Hydra, you craaaazy!

Maybe people will listen to me more :lol

Isn't mythic a rank? I mean it can't track your mythic completion can it?

It says you must be at least Mythic, which sounds like a rank, not level completion.

Edit: Just checked, yeah it's a rank.

Alienshogun said:
Isn't mythic a rank? I mean it can't track your mythic completion can it?
It's a rank. When I said you had to be Mythic in the lobby they joked about it being a Mythic runthrough thing.

Presco

MagniHarvald said:
I don't know what broke, but both mine and my brothers are dead for chat at least, and we take EXTREME care with our electronics (launch 360's only RROD was during a block-wide power outage if that means anything ^^).

If my headset is not set to mute, I get extremely loud static in my ears. And no one can here me talking (just loud static), so it's lose-lose.

It could be the controller cable. Do you have an extra to test? I find the controller cables have a life of 6-8 months. I'm on my third A40 headset myself and I'm very careful with them. First one was from the very first batch they made and the headband disintegrated (as they did with all of the initial 500). Second one had the mic go out completely. Just had my new replacement arrive last week. Their customer service is definitely stellar so send them an email. You can send them an email through their website and they'll open a case for you (or pm me for a direct email). If the problem is not fixable on your end then they will replace your headset for free with next to no hassle. You'll have to pay to ship it back to them but that's it.

In other news, I'm enjoying the maps more than I expected. Anchor 9 is great for 2 flag, Tempest is beautiful and plays well despite tons of unused space and Breakpoint is a sweet Avalanche & Rats Nest amalgam. But I'd love to try invasion on Breakpoint. Wonder why it wasn't included in the dlc playlist.

Has anyone played Invasion on Breakpoint? I wanted togive it a few days after the maps release to allow people to buy the pack, but every time I hop in, it's Boneyard & Spire.

What are other people's experiences?

MrDaravon

Dani said:
Fart's sake. I save up 400,000 cR for my Gungnir helmet's final attachment and go to purchase it.

FFFFFFFFFF............! >(

Yup. After having already played a little over 1,200 games of Reach (which is already insane), at my current rate I would have to play about 4,400 total games to reach Mythic. Literally never going to happen, and that was the only piece of armor I didn't have unlocked that I cared about. Player Investment only works when it's reasonably obtainable Bungie!

Epyon MX said:
Has anyone played Invasion on Breakpoint? I wanted togive it a few days after the maps release to allow people to buy the pack, but every time I hop in, it's Boneyard & Spire.

What are other people's experiences?
1st phase is crazy but very possible to defend as the Spartans. I love the visual elements as the elits progress through the stage.

2nd phase is a bit clumsy. Spartans will want to defend the bomb site but Elites will not hesitate to spawn in view. You will more than likely be driven back to the other side to defend the 2 sites. I like the arm and disarm timers.

3rd phase. The barracks is called such for a reason. (Nice use of shield doors too.)

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
SailorDaravon said:
Yup. After having already played a little over 1,200 games of Reach (which is already insane), at my current rate I would have to play about 4,400 total games to reach Mythic. Literally never going to happen, and that was the only piece of armor I didn't have unlocked that I cared about. Player Investment only works when it's reasonably obtainable Bungie!
You earn more credits per game as you level up, so the hill is likely much less steep than you're mathematically inclined to imagine. Plus, if you'd already ripped through all the gear a mere three months out from launch, you'd have nothing left to play for! ;)

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
urk said:
You earn more credits per game as you level up, so the hill is likely much less steep than you're mathematically inclined to imagine. Plus, if you'd already ripped through all the gear a mere three months out from launch, you'd have nothing left to play for! ;)
So...

DLC armor?

urk said:

Interesting tidbit.

Also, shogun you're a fucking dick man.

GhaleonEB

IIRC, DLC armor has been previously ruled out

One place the increased game completion credits really shows is in custom games. It's scaled from the starting point of 50 credits per game, max, to 160 now, usually in ticks of 10 cR. I assume those proportions correspond to the matchmaking games as well. Game complete bonuses are regularly over 2,000 for a game of Firefight now for me.

I'm wondering why the Revenant was left out of the Forge palette of all three DLC maps. I'd love to park one or two on Tempest and Breakpoint. It's the main new vehicle to Reach, but it seems to be abandoned from a MP point of view.

MrDaravon

urk said:

Right, but even assuming a consistent 2,000 cR a game (accounting for increasing Game Complete bonuses as well as fluctuating personal performance), that's still approximately 2,000 games more I would have to play, on top of the ~1,300 I already have, as well as ignoring the daily cR cap which becomes more and more of an issue as you level up. Personally I think that everything should have been obtainable by say Field Marshall, then have new armor sets come with DLC with unlock values of across the board (from low ranks to new stuff at higher ranks). Right now it seems like the higher levels are super ridiculous to reach with virtually no reward for doing so aside from bragging rights which is fine, but seems at odds with the current unlock system. Not a dealbreaker either way, but like Sai I was really looking forward to that helmet, but the time commitment is completely unrealistic and at odds with the "reward" :/

NameGenerated said:
I want some double cR weekends.

Agreed, they need this and Weekend Playlists going like, 2 months ago. They would seriously need to eliminate the cR caps on weekends though, at Brigadier Grade 2 I would hit the daily cap in 15 games at the most, which would then sort of negate having double cR.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
The current daily cap isn't long for this world and soon your credit recession will be solved through the natural peaks and valleys of the carefully crafted Reach economy. Rest easy in Roanoke tonight. :)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
urk said:
The current daily cap isn't long for this world and soon your credit recession will be solved through the natural peaks and valleys of the carefully crafted Reach economy. Rest easy in Roanoke tonight. :)
:0

MrDaravon

urk said:

STAR CITY BABY

urk said:

OM NOM NOM CREDITS YES

DELICIOUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

op_ivy said:
will download. curious to see how the changes affect it, in customs the other week it seemed everyone just held that platform on the far right, killing those that tried to man cannon to it or down the walkway.
If you've got any remarks, let me know. Most of the changes I made I decided upon after dumping 16 people onto the map and watching a video of it.

I'm going to assume the walkway will still remain one of the main killing grounds, though. All roads lead there, basically.

Alienshogun said:
I already made that joke, begone junior!
:lol. Don't have the time to read every. single. page.

urk said:
Announcement.

Dani said:
SailorDaravon said:
STAR CITY BABY
Devolution said:
OM NOM NOM CREDITS YES
DELICIOUSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Genuine excitement/fanboy hugs.

And so it begins again.

Louis Wu said:
What the hell were you thinking? I mean, it's funny that you did that last tiny bit of damage and got the kill... but what the hell were you thinking?
Sometimes it pays not to think. Sometimes you just say "Hell with it", and use whatever you've got. In 99% of cases, that leads to a brutal and bloody death, but in cases such as the above, it also leads to awesomeness. NOKYARD, I salute you.

Gunslinger
Kill 150 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.
1500cR

A Great Friend
Earn 15 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking.
1400cR

Cannon Fodder
Kill 50 infantry-class foes in the Campaign today.
1000cR

Heroic Demon
Kill 30 Elites in Firefight Matchmaking on Heroic or harder.
1500cR

feel

urk said:
Nice.

But what about first giving us the title update that makes the game good?

nx4bok.jpg

I only hit that cap once at a very inopportune time, so I'm not exactly against it. I mean really you should go outside for awhile if you have played enough to hit that cap, but it also sounds like its only just getting raised the way he worded it.

Others read it like that too, right?

Letters said:
Nice.

But what about first giving us the title update that makes the game good?

Hopefully you're bein sarcastic but, come on, its still miles ahead of almost every other xbox game out.

---Even if theres clear bugs (you can lose and still get a perfection, its programmed wrong, and way moreeeee bugs/glitches that are just obviously wrong) I don't think Bungie has a history of fixing most of that stuff either (H3 your icon would show in another players colors on their service card throughout the entire history of the game, could they not figure out how to fix that?) Even as little of a problem as that is, do you not find a few hours one day to fix that in the 3 years it was running as one of the TOP 360 games on Live...I mean where is all their money going anyways?

Top Bottom