• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Striker

A27 Tawpgun said:
Now that I think of it... I don't think I've played a single game of assault on reach...Breakpoint Invasion doesn't count.
It's in MLG and Team Objective.

The arm system is similar to Halo 2. Glorious, it is.

So "The Arena" is up. I only played one game and 3 guys on the other team quit out soo I don't really have a full grasp of how well it plays yet. But it's DMR starts with no Armor Lock so that's a good sign, though I have a feeling that there will be a lot of rage and bitching about Evade.

Striker

Few things I've seen Jeremiah post regarding the Classic Playlist:

Posted by: Jeremiah
We're still doing internal testing, I'll be looking at community remakes of classic maps later this week. I'll keep updating this thread as things progress, but this playlist is still in the design/testing phase so you should not expect a March release. It might happen in late March but it's looking more like a headliner for the April update.

One poster commented how he played this user's version of Guardian and Midship and they were excellent. Recommended them to be looked at. Replied.
Posted by : Jeremiah
I looked at these tonight, along with about 30 other remakes. These two as well as his Lockout have very efficient forging.
So perhaps they get a heavy look as well. Be nice, for sure.

Now all I need is them to confirm Assault and CTF in the playlist and I'll drop my pants.

Who is in charge of the MLG playlist? that guy REALLY knows what hes doing. Like really well. Those changes are exactly what I believed and hoped were going to happen to that playlist (Especially the removal of Reflection, saw that one coming a mile away map is so garbage) during my brief ~18 hours of gametime in it.

Definitely be visiting that when it gets updated.

Steelyuhas said:
Oh Tashi my friend, the MLG Sanctuary is good, but there is a significantly better one out there. This Sanctuary was submitted to MLG. http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=12397467&player=Mac xL

Also, some gameplay from Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmVl3kewa3c&feature=player_embedded

The most important gameplay thing about this version that virtually no Sanctuary remakes for Reach (Asylum or any community remakes) have included is that car bridge is actually higher than snipe bridge.

This looks great, I really do prefer the green ground to the all steel Sanctuary, the colorful distinction makes it easier on the eyes in my opinion. Bungie's was alright the MLG one was better but this does really seem a bit better than both. We should try it in customs or something soon. Good find.

Tashi0106 said:
Looks good but I'd have to play it to see what makes it "significantly better".

Was OS removed then?

So we're looking at April for v3 in matchmaking?? That is such a fuckin bummer. Damn.

Of course, why wouldn't it take a whole month to get into MM?

Striker said:
I'm mucn more fond of Reflection than maps like Zealot and Countdown. I actually like Zealot flag, even though randoms never know how to coordinator in Objective. But Countdown is rather meh, and just generally hasn't been too thrilling. I guess this is just for MLG purpose, because otherwise, overall Reflection has better flow going on for it.

I usually agree with your stuff but I find this pretty inaccurate. Reflection's flow is really garbage its all rush to the middle and hold down lift. Also a lot of spawn points weighted at bottom lift lend you to either go up lift or go around to OS lift its shitty flow compared to a Midship/Sanctuary/Countdown symmetrical map. In MLG a second common strategy tends to be to hold down the back and let them come to you. ( I think its labeled Entrance by Bungie) Either way both those "flows" are pretty damn weak compared to even Zealot another circular semi-symmetrical map.

Alienshogun said:
No, his point is it's an AA that you can't combat.

This is kinda true, the best you can do against armor lock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8AT1Dpf4WI

Striker

Bungie should use that Sanctuary. Looks good, and more accurate to the original.

xxjuicesxx said:
I usually agree with your stuff but I find this pretty inaccurate. Reflection's flow is really garbage its all rush to the middle and hold down lift. Also a lot of spawn points weighted at bottom lift lend you to either go up lift or go around to OS lift its shitty flow compared to a Midship/Sanctuary/Countdown symmetrical map. In MLG a second common strategy tends to be to hold down the back and let them come to you. ( I think its labeled Entrance by Bungie) Either way both those "flows" are pretty damn weak compared to even Zealot another circular semi-symmetrical map.
Perhaps it's mostly because I'm not as excited about Countdown as you guys are. I find maps like Asylum/Sanctuary and Zealot having more action and less of a hide-&-seek action going on for it.

Actually, N0F should add that Sanctuary, as well as the Lockout, Warlock, and Midship variants to the classic playlist.

Striker said:
Actually, N0F should add that Sanctuary, as well as the Lockout, Warlock, and Midship variants to the classic playlist.

I'd love that, I'm not really sure what they are going for though with that playlist. Like are they trying to get the feel of the old Halo's gameplay but on the new maps, or old mappage? Or both?

equil

Evade definitely doesnt work very well in the new arena...

Getting evaded into by a guy with a shotgun or sword is not fun.

Hey You

Striker said:
Now all I need is them to confirm Assault and CTF in the playlist and I'll drop my pants.
Sadly I don't think they are. I believe Jeremiah said he wanted to see the population was before adding objective.

Its a shame that not only Bungie, but the community in general aren't big Objective players.

I would love A community Objective playlist and Objective in the Classic Playlist/Objective Playlist.

Hey You said:
Its a shame that not only Bungie, but the community in general aren't big Objective players.

How are objective gametypes in other shooters doing these days? Is the death of objective gametypes (teamwork, delay of gratification, etc) a Halo-only phenomenon?

Ramirez

Shake Appeal said:
I just wanted to put a smile on your face. You seem so miserable.

Pretty sure the last 3 pages were full of complaining, but for some reason when I complain, I'm miserable? lol, ok. I guess you felt the need to ride in and defend Urk's honor. :p

Geoff9920

Bregmann Roche said:
How are objective gametypes in other shooters doing these days? Is the death of objective gametypes (teamwork, delay of gratification, etc) a Halo-only phenomenon?
Even in Black Ops TDM dominates in terms of overall player population, but there's always enough peoople in the various objective game playlists.

I think the big difference here is that I can't choose which objective gametype I want to play. It's not like I can go to a dedicated Assault playlist; it's all or nothing and if I'm playing alone - which I do since all my friends play black ops - I'm left at the whim of whomever I'm matched up with. I get that this is the way it has always been done in Halo, but it makes a difference to me. Then again, maybe the Reach Objective population isn't high enough to justify splitting the population further.

Hey You

Bregmann Roche said:
It might be. I'm pretty sure Objective games in atleast Black Ops are doing well. They have 4+ playlists for different Objective games, including CTF.

I dunno if its just because they get more points or CoD players like Objective More. I can't say for any other shooters though.

Geoff9920 said:
Even in Black Ops TDM dominates in terms of overall player population, but there's always enough peoople in the various objective game playlists.

I think the big difference here is that I can't choose which objective gametype I want to play. It's not like I can go to a dedicated Assault playlist; it's all or nothing and if I'm playing alone - which I do since all my friends play black ops - I'm left at the whim of whomever I'm matched up with. I get that this is the way it has always been done in Halo, but it makes a difference to me. Then again, maybe the Reach Objective population isn't high enough to justify splitting the population further.
Maybe. I think Bungie should bring back Team Flag for two weeks. If its popular enough, I say it should be put as a permanent playlist. Throw Oddball,Assualt,Territories and KoTh in a TO.

GhaleonEB

NullPointer said:
Nice clip Ghal. But I didn't know what the hell Fiesta Attack was so I figured I'd hop in and give it a test run. Insanity and wonderment ensued. So I guess I have a new game mode to fall in love with :)

First, I had a pack of reinforcements that arrived in the form of about a dozen plasma rifles that just fell from the sky, in formation no less. No elites holding them mind you - just a random plop of naked weaponry. Stunned by this phenomena I almost missed the fact that a dropship was zeroing right in on my position - it unloaded its pack of elites right onto a plasma coil frying a few while sending their scout toppling over the hills.

Posted here with a few gratuitous overkills (49 seconds if anybody's in a rendering mood)
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=14606399&player=NullPointer256

I'm starting to think I attract strange behavior.

Edit: Thank you mystery renderer! I hope the first overkills weren't too much. I had to provide, ya know, context for the scene. Yep.
That was hilarious. I've see a squadron of plasma rifles in formation on the ground before, but not three of them. I keep wanting to go back and see how they arrived; I picture them flying in formation.

I'd love to learn about what's behind that bug. Four plasma rifles hovering in perfect formation? :lol

Hey You said:
Maybe. I think Bungie should bring back Team Flag for two weeks. If its popular enough, I say it should be put as a permanent playlist. Throw Oddball,Assualt,Territories and KoTh in a TO.
Team Flag were to be DLC required with Highlands and Tempest given heavy weighting (or only those two maps), Team Flag would be all I would play.

Options questions for those forgers out there:

Can you set the hill to add score more quickly with more players in the hill? I thought there was an option for that but I can't find it.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
I was forced to play Rocket Hog Race last night. Pure and utter garbage. It was boring, slow and a complete debacle. I don't even understand how this made it past the "hey let's try this" stage of experimentation. My expectations for Bungie have dropped significantly now. I can't believe what comes out of the studio anymore.

Urk, can you please elaborate on how garbage game types like Rocket Hog Race make it into Matchmaking?

LunaticPuma said:
I was forced to play Rocket Hog Race last night. Pure and utter garbage. It was boring, slow and a complete debacle. I don't even understand how this made it past the "hey let's try this" stage of experimentation. My expectations for Bungie have dropped significantly now. I can't believe what comes out of the studio anymore.

Urk, can you please elaborate on how garbage game types like Rocket Hog Race make it into Matchmaking?

You can't go into rocket hog race hoping for an epic competitive throw down.

Rocket hog Race is just good clean fun, something a lot of games lack.

Gui_PT

A27_StarWolf said:
You can't go into rocket hog race hoping for an epic competitive throw down.

Rocket hog Race is just good clean fun, something a lot of games lack.

Well then it should be in its own playlist. That way it won't ruin the fun for people who actually want to shoot weapons.

Want rocket hog race? Go to the Race playlis.. oh no, wait, it's in Multi Team

Nutter

Ramirez said:
Pretty sure the last 3 pages were full of complaining, but for some reason when I complain, I'm miserable? lol, ok. I guess you felt the need to ride in and defend Urk's honor. :p
Shake appeal is a joke character anyway, nothing he says even matters.

But let him explain to you how you should play reach, which weapons you should use and when, and be more tactful with the armor abilities and how to spray and pray. Maybe that will make the game more fun, oh and the most important part.. you have to play a handful of games in months to actually enjoy reach.

GhaleonEB

Gui_PT said:
Well then it should be in its own playlist. That way it won't ruin the fun for people who actually want to shoot weapons.

Want rocket hog race? Go to the Race playlis.. oh no, wait, it's in Multi Team
It's an odd place for it. It's sort of like putting Griffball in the Team Slayer playlist. I like Rocket Race, the few times I played it, but it always struck me as odd that it's not in something like Grab Bag, or a Race playlist.

LunaticPuma said:
I was forced to play Rocket Hog Race last night.... It was boring, slow and a complete debacle.
I'm not one for "Race" in general but the most fun I've had in it has been riding shotgun in the hog EMP-ing everyone with my g'nade launcher. Stops 'em dead in their tracks.

Good to see social doubles and ‘The Arena’ to be honest im not sure how it works. It seems to be exactly the same as the old Arena? I mean from Bungie.net I know that it works on wins and losses now rather than on personal ratings, but the format of it is very weird. Why does the whole 4 games a day 4 days a week still apply? Do they only take your 4 best games? In this win/ loss model how does that work? Also am I right in thinking we have to wait 3 months to see our division? Are Bungie trolling us or do they just not understand why people avoid the Arena? Im hoping I misread and we get shown our place in a division after a bunch of games but our standing isn’t finalised until the end of the season.

I won my first game (yaaay) but in my second game my entire team quit so I just waited it out lol. :(

Im late to the discussion here but im also kind of facepalming at the guys saying 'armour lock isnt so bad, you just have to wait it out/ pick a new target' - I dont think they see the point, its not always about getting kills. I dont only think people dislike armour lock because it cheats them out of kills but they hate what it does to gameplay. Its like putting a complete stop to a battle.

Gui_PT

GhaleonEB said:
It's an odd place for it. It's sort of like putting Griffball in the Team Slayer playlist. I like Rocket Race, the few times I played it, but it always struck me as odd that it's not in something like Grab Bag, or a Race playlist.

I really like it on maps like Hemorrhage( large open maps with not a whole lot of obstacles)

But it's awful on the other maps like Breakpoint and Boneyard.

It'd be fine if it had a playlist just for it, like you said. I'm sure there's a reason why they put it in Multi Team, but I can't think of it.

blamite

Ugh, The Arena still requires me to play 4 games a day to be put in a division? shouldn't the 3-month season make that unnecessary? And how come Pinnacle gets removed, but the garbage that is Boardwalk is still in? Pinnacle may not be great, but it's still way better than Boardwalk.

Also, I can't understand why The Arena had to return to Halo 3's map selection? I don't like Uncaged, but if the alternative is Boardwalk I'd rather not veto it. But the game only gives you one option at a time, so I'm just going to end up playing bad maps out of fear that if I veto, I'll get an even shittier one.

One step forwards, two back.

Gui_PT said:
I'm sure there's a reason why they put it in Multi Team, but I can't think of it.
For real? Multiple 3 person teams. And previously 2 person teams. EDIT: Sorry, of course this doesn't answer for it not having it's own playlist which is probably what you meant with that statement :\

GhaleonEB

Account Attempt #4 said:
For real? Multiple 3 person teams. And previously 2 person teams.
You can make a Race playlist and give the various game types the team sizes needed.

I'm guessing it's for playlist simplification.

I kind of miss the Double XP weekends, not for the XP part but for the rotating list of playlists. The Firefight Grab Bag ones and Community Slayer sort of fill that role, but they haven't hit a regular cadence yet.

equil

blamite said:
Ugh, The Arena still requires me to play 4 games a day to be put in a division? shouldn't the 3-month season make that unnecessary? And how come Pinnacle gets removed, but the garbage that is Boardwalk is still in? Pinnacle may not be great, but it's still way better than Boardwalk.

Also, I can't understand why The Arena had to return to Halo 3's map selection? I don't like Uncaged, but if the alternative is Boardwalk I'd rather not veto it. But the game only gives you one option at a time, so I'm just going to end up playing bad maps out of fear that if I veto, I'll get an even shittier one.

One step forwards, two back.

I greatly prefer boardwalk over pinnacle.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
GhaleonEB said:
Yeah, peanut brittle. I did two batches, then butter toffee. Since then I've done salt water taffy (vanilla, orange and strawberry), caramels, nougat (subsequently dipped in caramel) and this past weekend ribbon candy (lemon and strawberry). Sunday was stove top caramel corn with peanuts.

I had this epiphany moment a few months ago, looking at my kids' Christmas candy and seeing how much artificial crap was in it. And also thinking about how I wanted to start a hobby where I made something, not just played, this year. And bam. I get to feed our sweet tooths with stuff made from ingredients I can pronounce, and have fun creating stuff at the same time. Though at the very sensible request of my wife, I only do one batch of treats per week. We can't eat it all so it mostly goes to friends and neighbors.

I've been taking pictures of it all with the intent to start up a blog about candy making, but haven't gotten that far yet. Here's the peanut brittle, and this was a batch of vanilla taffy. Suckers here, and the toffee.

(And now you're hungry too. :p)

So, um, I'm going to play some Firefight. :lol

Impressive!

Striker said:
It's in MLG and Team Objective.

The arm system is similar to Halo 2. Glorious, it is.

Assault really is one of the best game modes in Reach. I really like it and territories.

bobs99 ... said:
I dont only think people dislike armour lock because it cheats them out of kills but they hate what it does to gameplay. Its like putting a complete stop to a battle.
Yep, I agree with this.

If Bungie can't implement my previously posted Armor Lock tweaks, maybe we can reach a compromise:
- When the Armor Lock AA is equipped, pressing RB no longer puts the user into an immobile, invincible state.
- Instead, it subtracts one point from the enemy score.

So say you're tied 49-49 and you've got AL equipped. You get into a DMR fight with someone who clearly dongs on MLG pros and suddenly your shields are down! You skillfully mash on the RB button before he fires, taking the score to 49-48 in your favor. He kills you with a headshot, bringing it back to 49-49, but one of your teammates assassinates him. 50-49, you win!

All of the game-slowing value of AL without hurting the gunplay.
;)

Looking forward to trying out this new Arena tonight.

LunaticPuma said:

Rocket Race had me raging last night. All I want to do is work on the weekly, Multi-team is a great way to do it, especially objective game types. I get a hundred kills from two or three matches, going good and then RR, RR, RR, RR are you kidding me? I hit the quit limit escaping that garbage and shut off my system in disgust. WTF is this garbage doing in an FPS??? There's people that for some unfathomable reason like it? ok, put it in it's own gametype under grab bag ala griffball! For the love of god, bungie, move RR to it's own play list. You can't even play Multi-team anymore thanks to this garbage. The worst part is there are a good number of people that vote for it simply to troll everyone else in the lobby :(

Sibylus

Banned
Gui_PT said:
Wait, they have time to make a plasma repeater so the plasma rifle can be campaign only but they don't have time to include a weapon that has existed since H2? Which honestly wouldn't take long to re-model o re-balance it since only slight tweaks would be necessary.
None of these additions happen in a vacuum, everything that goes in does so at the potential expense of something else. You assert that the weapon wouldn't take long to re-model or re-balance, but we're not talking about a fan project here with no deadlines or milestones, we're talking about a million-dollar game development project that has to cut and forgo things as a matter of necessity. Tiny changes or additions can push back the process by days or more, and there are countless such required throughout development. What seems small to you is anything but.

Can't you have both? Variety AND balanced weapons?
I'm suggesting you can, with some manner of buff to the Focus Rifle. If not damage or some other stat, perhaps put more of them into the hands of the Elites? At some point the split-second lethality of a Sniper Rifle might be sufficiently counter-balanced by the suppressing power of multiple Focus Rifles in use. And if not that, the potential difference could be made up elsewhere, perhaps in loadouts or in other weapon spawning. There are plenty of asymmetric solutions that might be brought to bear here.

Gui_PT

Squall ASF said:
Rocket Race had me raging last night. All I want to do is work on the weekly, Multi-team is a great way to do it, especially objective game types. I get a hundred kills from two or three matches, going good and then RR, RR, RR, RR are you kidding me? I hit the quit limit escaping that garbage and shut off my system in disgust. WTF is this garbage doing in an FPS??? There's people that for some unfathomable reason like it? ok, put it in it's own gametype under grab bag ala griffball! For the love of god, bungie, move RR to it's own play list. You can't even play Multi-team anymore thanks to this garbage. The worst part is there are a good number of people that vote for it simply to troll everyone else in the lobby :(

Yeah, I've stopped playing Multi Team completely. At least while Rocket Hog Race is still in there.

Botolf said:
None of these additions happen in a vacuum, everything that goes in does so at the potential expense of something else. You assert that the weapon wouldn't take long to re-model or re-balance, but we're not talking about a fan project here with no deadlines or milestones, we're talking about a million-dollar game development project that has to cut and forgo things as a matter of necessity. Tiny changes or additions can push back the process by days or more, and there are countless such required throughout development. What seems small to you is anything but.

I'm sure a few dozens of professionals would take a long time to do that. Also, they plan all of this ahead, as I'm sure you know. They planned to actually make 2 plasma rifles and change the 2nd one to be the plasma repeater. They planned the focus rifle and no covenant sniper. Which means they knew what they were doing to those weapons. It shocks me they didn't know they were making a bad choice.

To me, it's not a matter of time management. It's a matter of bad choices(which I guess ends up being related to time management, but you know what I mean)

Alienshogun said:
Impressive!
Ghaleon, you need to stuff a Grunt pinata full of those hand crafted sweets. Maybe at a birthday party?

And yeah, about that glitch/bug/whatever I experienced in Fiesta, my first thought was that the game was going to teleport some dudes in but I got just a little bit too close for comfort so the spawn system changed its mind, mostly. Hasn't stopped anything from spawning right on top of me before, but I was pretty close to the dropzone in that video. Regardless, it was a pretty festive experience overall.

I want a spawn-yoink commendation Bungie!

I don't know, I have always enjoyed rocket race, and I always will.

I don't think it needs its own play list, if you dont want to play it, dont vote it.

If you have to play it anyways... Why not just enjoy it?

KevinRo

Striker said:
I'm mucn more fond of Reflection than maps like Zealot and Countdown. I actually like Zealot flag, even though randoms never know how to coordinator in Objective. But Countdown is rather meh, and just generally hasn't been too thrilling. I guess this is just for MLG purpose, because otherwise, overall Reflection has better flow going on for it.

I suck at Reflection but I don't mind a change in scenery when playing MLG.

Countdown is my favorite map next to Sanctuary. IMO, it's the best map in Reach. Zealot is alright but all that shit in the middle of the map makes it almost impossible to avoid those retarded corridor nade spams.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
A27_StarWolf said:

I don't think it needs its own play list, if you dont want to play it, dont vote it.

Because some people want to play Halo, not a shitty version of Mario kart.

Derp.

Sibylus

Banned
Gui_PT said:
I'm sure a few dozens of professionals would take a long time to do that. Also, they plan all of this ahead, as I'm sure you know. They planned to actually make 2 plasma rifles and change the 2nd one to be the plasma repeater. They planned the focus rifle and no covenant sniper. Which means they knew what they were doing to those weapons. It shocks me they didn't know they were making a bad choice.

To me, it's not a matter of time management. It's a matter of bad choices(which I guess ends up being related to time management, but you know what I mean)
On the contrary, I don't see the decision to emphasize asymmetry between the sides as a bad decision. If one weapon was to get the "long range accuracy" spot, it should have been the Focus Rifle because it's more unique than its predecessor, and indeed unique in the arsenal.

When asymmetry like that is balanced well, you get a complex interplay of counter-and-counter like that of Starcraft (among strategy games, it's a really good example of asymmetric sides and good balance). So to be clear, I'm saying the Focus Rifle was a great idea conceptually, even if the balance situation needs some tweaks for the Spartans vs Elites matchup. Running away from the risk and just cloning the Human Sniper once more, that to me is a bad choice because it favours stagnation over innovation. Some of Reach's risks didn't pay off and need to be tweaked, that's a given. But it isn't by any means a bad thing that the game took them. It's a pretty clear sign that Bungie hasn't been content to sit idle and make past entries out to be sacred cows that couldn't be shaken up or fundamentally bettered.

The day 343 says, "Yeah, this or that game can't be bettered in this respect, so we'll be doing that again and again", that will pretty much be the day I lose interest in keeping up with the franchise. If 343 is to live up to the mantle it has inherited, it needs to be as audacious and as risky as the studio that produced the loved-and-hated Reach. Lessons from the past are vital, but they can't be their blueprint for the future.

xxjuicesxx said:
This looks great, I really do prefer the green ground to the all steel Sanctuary, the colorful distinction makes it easier on the eyes in my opinion. Bungie's was alright the MLG one was better but this does really seem a bit better than both. We should try it in customs or something soon. Good find.

Yeah for sure I'd be down. I played it yesterday with some people and it is very nice.

Striker said:
Bungie should use that Sanctuary. Looks good, and more accurate to the original.

Perhaps it's mostly because I'm not as excited about Countdown as you guys are. I find maps like Asylum/Sanctuary and Zealot having more action and less of a hide-&-seek action going on for it.

This Sanctuary should replace Asylum across the board IMO.

Urk, would Jeremiah ever consider this?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
NullPointer said:
Matchmaking in a nutshell. You can't make everybody happy with it, nor can you expect to.

Actually you can, if you remove all the frivolous BS.

Halo is the only game I'm aware of that forces multiple game modes that you may not want to play on you no matter what hopper you choose.

Other games let you pick CTF, Domination(territories), Team DM, etc. Halo is the only one that makes you play stupid shit because 13 people still like the mode.

Alienshogun said:
Actually you can, if you remove all the frivolous BS.

Halo is the only game I'm aware of that forces multiple game modes that you may not want to play on you no matter what hopper you choose.

Other games let you pick CTF, Domination(territories), Team DM, etc. Halo is the only one that makes you play stupid shit because 13 people still like the mode.
Oh I'd agree and I've definitely got my own ideas of how I'd rearrange the hoppers to separate core Halo gameplay from the various flavors of craziness out there. But even in my heart I know that those changes would please me and possibly piss of the majority.

Bungie knows the actual numbers though, and maybe, just maybe the community naturally gravitates towards the game types we can't stand.

Halo 4 really needs some kind of custom games matchmaking. I know its a tough nut to crack - doesn't mean we don't need the problem solved.

Geoff9920

NullPointer said:
Oh I'd agree and I've definitely got my own ideas of how I'd rearrange the hoppers to separate core Halo gameplay from the various flavors of craziness out there. But even in my heart I know that those changes would please me and possibly piss of the majority.

Bungie knows the actual numbers though, and maybe, just maybe the community naturally gravitates towards the game types we can't stand.

Halo 4 really needs some kind of custom games matchmaking. I know its a tough nut to crack - doesn't mean we don't need the problem solved.
Say what you will about the gameplay of it, but Resistance 2 handles this particular issue fairly well. Custom games are handled via a Client/Server PC style setup and all others are done via matchmaking. Something like that could work.

A27_StarWolf said:

What kind of comment is that? You think that I don't vote against it? Are you missing where we are posting that you can't even play multi-team anymore because this crap gets voted for every damn match? It's not even debatable, it NEEDS it's own play list. If it was once in a while that'd be one thing, but it's literally match after match when I'm trying to play a proper multiteam match.

It's a niche gametype, it has no business being mingled in a shooting playlist. On the other side of the token, there are people that only want to play rocket race, how do you not think it needs it's own playlist?

As to why I can't just enjoy it, because I think it's complete garbage and has no business being in an FPS game! Go play freaking Mario Kart FFS. That said, I understand people enjoy it so I opt for it's own playlist rather than banishing it to hell.

Alienshogun said:
Because some people want to play Halo, not a shitty version of Mario kart.

Derp.
lolz just read this. Looks like I'm not the only one referencing Mario Kart.

It's refreshing to see you guys using your rage induced tears from AL as a a handy lubricant as you jack off to 343.

My 'dear in the headlights' hydranalogy is referring to that state of mind you are tempted to go in when someone uses AL. It's as if AL stops time itself. You can't do a thing. You try to look away but you can't. The hum of the overclocked shields attracts you like a moth to a flame.

If you are engaging someone from distance and they simply take cover by a rock, what do you do? You know they are behind the rock. You know if they stay behind that rock long enough, they will have their shields recharge. Yet, do you stand there and wait? The gameplay has been slowed down. You run every risk of having someone come out of any other direction and take you off guard. You are forced to deal with it. Replace that rock with AL and you have an 'almost' identical situation. Except of course that AL isn't an infinite AA :p

As for vehicles splattering dudes in the open? Totally agree, it should always be the case if someone is foolish enough to leave themselves in a position to get splattered... but I also say that it is incredibly foolish to underestimate your opponents. Seriously... why would it be so safe to assume that your opponent is sooooo stupid to leave themselves open like that? It's a dupe that is satisfying and you can't help but feel silly if you were the driver.

I don't even like using AL in that I much prefer using some other AAs. I'll wait for Ram or Nutter or whoever to tell me to play more Halo to have an opinion on the matter but I really feel as though the only flaw AL has is the ability to be pulsed. It's quick usage often causes some really confusing animations. Is he invincile now or has it run out? That bugs me. That's it though. The rest of it I can deal with as being an adaptive way to play.

Now please, keep justifying your needs to bicker instead of playing some games you actually enjoy for more than 10 minutes :p Much love bros.

Top Bottom