• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Gui_PT said:
Yeah, I've stopped playing Multi Team completely. At least while Rocket Hog Race is still in there.

I'm sure a few dozens of professionals would take a long time to do that. Also, they plan all of this ahead, as I'm sure you know. They planned to actually make 2 plasma rifles and change the 2nd one to be the plasma repeater. They planned the focus rifle and no covenant sniper. Which means they knew what they were doing to those weapons. It shocks me they didn't know they were making a bad choice.

To me, it's not a matter of time management. It's a matter of bad choices(which I guess ends up being related to time management, but you know what I mean)

In full agreement here as I'm having the same issues with MT as well. Probably my favorite playlist but it's been absolutely ruined by having niche gametypes being forced down our collective throats for whatever reason since day one.

Rocket Race/Rocket Hog Race, along with grifball, should serve as an occasional change of pace as a weekend/weekly hopper with some credit bonuses for that additional carrot on a stick. Otherwise it has no place in MM and, as Halo 3 proved, doesn't have a substantial enough following to support a full fledged playlist. I love messing with Reach's quirky side as much as the next guy but when I enter a playlist with the expectations of a specific online MP experience it's really disappointing to have to spend the next 10+ minutes of my time partaking in something that couldn't stray further from the brand of gameplay I was initially looking forward to.

blamite

squidhands said:
Any of you guys hop into the Community Slayer playlist, please post your thoughts of Crown of Flies. I'd love to hear what you think; it's been a labor of love.

...be gentle.
I just went into Community Slayer and this was the first map that got voted for. Simply put: it is awesome. I'd love to see it in the full-time MM rotation.

EDIT: Kingdom is also a great map. Bungie's really getting better at icking the best maps for these community slayer playlists. But when are these going to get added to full-time matchmaking!?

So it looks like The Arena is my playlist of choice now. Other than the map selection, and voting process, it has my favorite slayer gametype so far. AR/DMR starts work great, and the AA selection is great, too. Always having the option of a Jetpack is great (for me, at least. :p).

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hydranockz said:
It's refreshing to see you guys using your rage induced tears from AL as a a handy lubricant as you jack off to 343.

My 'dear in the headlights' hydranalogy is referring to that state of mind you are tempted to go in when someone uses AL. It's as if AL stops time itself. You can't do a thing. You try to look away but you can't. The hum of the overclocked shields attracts you like a moth to a flame.

If you are engaging someone from distance and they simply take cover by a rock, what do you do? You know they are behind the rock. You know if they stay behind that rock long enough, they will have their shields recharge. Yet, do you stand there and wait? The gameplay has been slowed down. You run every risk of having someone come out of any other direction and take you off guard. You are forced to deal with it. Replace that rock with AL and you have an 'almost' identical situation. Except of course that AL isn't an infinite AA :p

As for vehicles splattering dudes in the open? Totally agree, it should always be the case if someone is foolish enough to leave themselves in a position to get splattered... but I also say that it is incredibly foolish to underestimate your opponents. Seriously... why would it be so safe to assume that your opponent is sooooo stupid to leave themselves open like that? It's a dupe that is satisfying and you can't help but feel silly if you were the driver.

I don't even like using AL in that I much prefer using some other AAs. I'll wait for Ram or Nutter or whoever to tell me to play more Halo to have an opinion on the matter but I really feel as though the only flaw AL has is the ability to be pulsed. It's quick usage often causes some really confusing animations. Is he invincile now or has it run out? That bugs me. That's it though. The rest of it I can deal with as being an adaptive way to play.

Now please, keep justifying your needs to bicker instead of playing some games you actually enjoy for more than 10 minutes :p Much love bros.

Hiding behind a rock = throw a frag or two to flush out and/or flank. Armor lock = can't do that. The difference being they aren't invulnerable, nor do they emit an EMP pulse, nor do they retain "frosting" at the end of hiding behind a rock giving them a tactical advantage as they engage you.

Your analogy is flawed.

No to mention all of the other scenarios in which armor lock dominates (CQC being one of them which includes a plethora of other issues by itself)

Get out of here with your self righteous BS. You're becoming more annoying with your snide comments about people bringing up valid complaints than the people actually complaining.

At least it's a valid conversation, who cares if you're tired of it. Don't like it? Don't answer or respond (that includes bitching about the bitching) you're simply exacerbating the situation by making an asshole of yourself.

kylej

Banned
Armor Lock's flaw is that it makes you invincible and keeps you alive when you should be dead jesus christ it's not hard to understand. You avoided death because you pressed a button while the other guy outplayed or outsmarted you. There's the problem.

Hydranockz said:
If you are engaging someone from distance and they simply take cover by a rock, what do you do? You know they are behind the rock. You know if they stay behind that rock long enough, they will have their shields recharge. Yet, do you stand there and wait? The gameplay has been slowed down. You run every risk of having someone come out of any other direction and take you off guard. You are forced to deal with it. Replace that rock with AL and you have an 'almost' identical situation. Except of course that AL isn't an infinite AA :p
This Hydranalogy has some pretty big gaps:
- The opposing player:
a) Knows where the fire is coming from. SKILL
b) Knows where to move to avoid that fire. SKILL
c) Is still open to being killed by my teammates. RISK

- I still have options:
a) I can run after him behind the rock for a melee. RISK/REWARD
b) I can toss a grenade (if I have one) for the kill. REWARD
c) I can wait to see if he moves from behind the rock before his shield recharges. RISK/REWARD

Whereas replacing the rock with AL:
- The opposing player:
a) Doesn't have to know where the fire is coming from.
b) Doesn't have to know where the closest/best cover is. He just mashes RB wherever he is.
c) Doesn't have to fear grenades or my teammates (while AL lasts).

-My options:
a) Sit around and wait for the enemy to pop out of the lock. RISK
b) Run away. No risk, no reward. But I had that option before anyways.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Wow this MLG playlist needs to be updated man. I'm sitting here in a lobby and I don't want to play v2 when v3 is out lol

Hydranockz said:
OK, then for the sake of this argument lets just say that users of AL can produce a rock to hide behind at will. The same arguments hold about slowing the game down, only in the case of a rock the attacker can lob a grenade and hope to get a kill based upon his skill in timing/throwing the grenade and the chances that the target will either stumble upon it, or avoid it or be forced to exit the cover of the rock and suffer the karmic consequences in the open. In short, there are tactics to use against players hiding behind rocks.

xxxstylzxxx said:
Otherwise it has no place in MM and, as Halo 3 proved, doesn't have a substantial enough following to support a full fledged playlist.
Contradictions here. You say it doesn't deserve its own playlist because it doesn't have a sustantial enough following... but what is the reason you have to play that? There is a very sizeable amount of players who genuinely want to play RR, consistently. What do you want? bungie to take away something that quite a lot of the community enjoy playing?

While HaloGaf seemingly feels Multi-team is there easy ticket to kills, you have to understand why that ever was in the first place. Admit it you dudes, you love a little multi team because when some players are going for the hill on crazy king or the bomb on hot potatoe you like nothing more than sitting back and getting some kills. I think for a playlist that already caters to silly, quirky gametypes for even bigger parties of players, you guys could b a little more open to a game of RR...

Maybe I am wrong. Maybe the votes don't show this, but RR is popular because it fits in with Multiteam... even though I would like to see an Action Sack or Race dedicated playlist down the line.

Gui_PT

Hydranockz said:
Maybe I am wrong. Maybe the votes don't show this, but RR is popular because it fits in with Multiteam... even though I would like to see an Action Sack or Race dedicated playlist down the line.

Sorry Hydra, but that is just completely, 100% wrong.

I do agree it should have its own playlist.

Want to play a racing gametype? Go to Race

Want to shoot others? You can now choose Multi Team

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
kingdoms and crown of flies are in the community slayer playlist now? awesome, and congrats!

Gui_PT said:
Sorry Hydra, but that is just completely, 100% wrong.

And it it's so popular, make a race playlist.

Want to play a racing gametype? Go to Race

Want to shoot others? You can now choose Multi Team
That is why competitive players play Multi team.

There are people who like to play Multiteam for objective gametypes... or silly hectic gametypes like elite slayer... or RR. What gametypes do you play MT for? I think the community is a bit more diverse in the big, bad world of XBL.

Also, fair play to you guys for noting the obvious differences between an AA and a rock. Pardon me for not saying metaphor. I'm not trying to be self righteous shogun, especially as I try to encompass a large section of the player base of Halo, twist that as you might but try deny things like RR and AL are actually popular. Like I said, I don't like using AL. Does that mean I can't see why people like using it and why Bungie might be keen to keep it around. Feel free to ignore me though.

Gui_PT

I play MT because I usually have fun with it. It has a lot of players, cool objective gametypes. I don't have to worry about campers(which I hate) as much because they'll be quickly caught and taken care of. Also Armor Lockers with shotgun/sword are quickly taken care of.

It's a fast paced playlist with a lot of variety.

And then there's RR. I can barely kill anyone. Hell, I can barely hit anyone. All I do is drive around the map flipping like crazy. Let's not forget most maps are bullshit. Small, tight/crowded maps are not good to drive big vehicles that flip over easily. Especially when 2 of the 3 people in each Hog have infinite rockets.

It does definitely not fit MT in the slightest way. It wouldn't be so bad if it had better maps and less retarded players, but that's not the case.

GhaleonEB

op_ivy said:
kingdoms and crown of flies are in the community slayer playlist now? awesome, and congrats!
Yup, congrats cartographers. Those are excellent maps, as are all the ones I've checked out. I wouldn't mind seeing either of those two promoted to regular matchmaking. Hopefully at least a couple bubble up that way via the voting data.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
GhaleonEB said:
Yup, congrats cartographers. Those are excellent maps, as are all the ones I've checked out. I wouldn't mind seeing either of those two promoted to regular matchmaking. Hopefully at least a couple bubble up that way via the voting data.

i hope not too much stock is put on the voting data as most seem to just pick whatever via random vote changing roulette.

Hydranockz said:
Also, fair play to you guys for noting the obvious differences between an AA and a rock. Pardon me for not saying metaphor. I'm not trying to be self righteous shogun, especially as I try to encompass a large section of the player base of Halo, twist that as you might but try deny things like RR and AL are actually popular. Like I said, I don't like using AL. Does that mean I can't see why people like using it and why Bungie might be keen to keep it around. Feel free to ignore me though.
I use it and do like it under certain conditions myself. For instance the later stages of intense firefight matches where the action gets more close quarters and in large maps where I'm at risk of getting splattered by all kinds of vehicles.

Its good stuff. I just think it could use some tweaks and at least some mechanism of defeating it through skill.

Tawpgun

Hydranockz said:
It's refreshing to see you guys using your rage induced tears from AL as a a handy lubricant as you jack off to 343.

My 'dear in the headlights' hydranalogy is referring to that state of mind you are tempted to go in when someone uses AL. It's as if AL stops time itself. You can't do a thing. You try to look away but you can't. The hum of the overclocked shields attracts you like a moth to a flame.

As for vehicles splattering dudes in the open? Totally agree, it should always be the case if someone is foolish enough to leave themselves in a position to get splattered... but I also say that it is incredibly foolish to underestimate your opponents. Seriously... why would it be so safe to assume that your opponent is sooooo stupid to leave themselves open like that? It's a dupe that is satisfying and you can't help but feel silly if you were the driver.

I don't even like using AL in that I much prefer using some other AAs. I'll wait for Ram or Nutter or whoever to tell me to play more Halo to have an opinion on the matter but I really feel as though the only flaw AL has is the ability to be pulsed. It's quick usage often causes some really confusing animations. Is he invincile now or has it run out? That bugs me. That's it though. The rest of it I can deal with as being an adaptive way to play.

Now please, keep justifying your needs to bicker instead of playing some games you actually enjoy for more than 10 minutes :p Much love bros.

Stupid analogy. You don't get the problem with Armor Lock. Refer to the other posts proving you wrong.

A27_StarWolf said:
I don't know, I have always enjoyed rocket race, and I always will.

I don't think it needs its own play list, if you dont want to play it, dont vote it.

If you have to play it anyways... Why not just enjoy it?

I love Rocket Hog Race (better than regular rocket race on Reach) but I agree it does deserve its own place within a fully realized Race playlist, which is something I've always wanted. The community race tracks are amazing.

But really... what kind of advice is that?

Don't vote it? You don't have a say in the matter. One person vs many. Enjoy it? You can force someone to enjoy something they don't like and didn't want in the first place.

I'm just waiting for my dedicated Race playlists (please no rally) and Action Sack.

GhaleonEB

op_ivy said:
i hope not too much stock is put on the voting data as most seem to just pick whatever via random vote changing roulette.
Were I managing the playlists, I'd do a pretty simple trend line of the voting data by map over the course of the playlist. I suspect over the course of a few days, some clear patterns emerge, such as a handful of maps bubbling up over the course of the run, and a few dropping to 'almost always vetoed' territory, with a gaggle in between. I'd guess it looks like a normal distribution curve of sorts.

If it's pure noise, that would be harder to use. But to the extent that patters and preferences emerge, I imagine that would be very useful.
Hydranockz said:
Maybe... we are the niche?
That is often the case. See: all the guys wanting 1-50 back because they were often very high ranks. But that was a couple percentage points of the population. I always operate under the premise that my views are mine alone and don't try to extrapolate them to the community. Some of the stuff I like is popular, some of what I hate is popular.

PNut

Banned
I'm not sure you can even compare Race/RR to any other gametype In Halo. They are totally different and do not belong in Rumble Pit or MT. I'm convinced the only reason they are is because the setup works.

I just hope they dedicate a playlist for Racing and use Community made maps. I know that's asking a lot but come on. IMO besides RHR, regular RR and Race are really fun gametypes and I think a playlist could survive. Of course, if it's setup properly.

Hydranockz said:
That is why competitive players play Multi team.

There are people who like to play Multiteam for objective gametypes... or silly hectic gametypes like elite slayer... or RR. What gametypes do you play MT for? I think the community is a bit more diverse in the big, bad world of XBL.

C'mon man, all the other modes use GUNS in an FPS game. Don't try to throw a race vehicle game in there like it belongs. A race through markers game is as far removed from gunplay as can be, it just doesn't belong. If Bungie looks at the numbers and it looks like enough people enjoy it to warrant keeping it around, give it it's own play list. I promise you that Multi-team will remain quite healthy without RR players entering it. People get disappointed by bad maps or an objective they don't care for winning the votes but nothing is as bad as being forced to play a match that's not even in the same genre as the main game.

Edit: Griffball is an exception, but it has it's own playlist as RR should have it's own.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Stupid analogy. You don't get the problem with Armor Lock. Refer to the other posts proving you wrong.

I love Rocket Hog Race (better than regular rocket race on Reach) but I agree it does deserve its own place within a fully realized Race playlist, which is something I've always wanted. The community race tracks are amazing.

But really... what kind of advice is that?

Don't vote it? You don't have a say in the matter. One person vs many. Enjoy it? You can force someone to enjoy something they don't like and didn't want in the first place.

I'm just waiting for my dedicated Race playlists (please no rally) and Action Sack.

Completely agree with you on RR.

AL though, I don't see how being told how it isn't a rock translates to I don't get it's problems. My fault for implying the two were the exact same when I was merely trying to capture that scenario that often playes out in Halo where the player takes themselves to cover that isn't always ideal.

Sibylus

Banned
kylej said:
Armor Lock's flaw is that it makes you invincible and keeps you alive when you should be dead jesus christ it's not hard to understand. You avoided death because you pressed a button while the other guy outplayed or outsmarted you. There's the problem.
Not really, no. Invincibility itself isn't the problem, and it can actually be a worthwhile mechanic. Take something like Team Fortress 2's Ubercharge: not only are you invincible, you're free to move and kill as you please. But there are caveats, such as needing a medic to build the charge for a few minutes, the medic has to stay close to you and keep his gun in the line-of-sight to keep the uber going, and there are various ways to split the medic from his ubercharge target (the Pyro can push him back with the airblast on his flamethrower, for example).

The fundamental problem with Armor Lock is that it doesn't have enough caveats. You can't move, but that's often more than compensated for the fact that you'll have teammates close by to bail you out. And you get so many uses out of it that you don't have to be particularly careful about popping the lock, the risk-reward balance is heavily skewed to the latter.

If AL drained the entire meter after surviving a lethal amount of damage (a rocket, grenade stick, vehicle ramming, etc) and the uses were capped to 1-2 per charge, people would be far less prone to abusing it, and you'd still keep the most exciting attributes of the ability. It would be far more situational, and something more useful to skill and not spam.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Hydranockz said:
Maybe... we are the niche?

Last I checked, Halo was classified as a shooter not a racer. I've also only played in 1 Rocket Hog Race game over the course of 20-30 games of Mult-Team since the latest update, and it made me want to stop playing Halo for the night in the first minute of the game.

Squall ASF said:
C'mon man, all the other modes use GUNS in an FPS game. Don't try to throw a race vehicle game in there like it belongs. A race through markers game is as far removed from gunplay as can be, it just doesn't belong. If Bungie looks at the numbers and it looks like enough people enjoy it to warrant keeping it around, give it it's own play list. I promise you that Multi-team will remain quite healthy without RR players entering it. People get disappointed by bad maps or an objective they don't care for winning the votes but nothing is as bad as being forced to play a match that's not even in the same genre as the main game.
What is CTF but a waypoint and a timer? Me and my bro play RR a lot and the skill often comes with moments of delight when you send other teams off course with well times rockets... Learning where to hang around on the map. Knowing when to push for markers and when to hang back. Yeah, throw that shit out. Open your minds a little dudes to opinions that are not your own and you might learn to love the Halo community for the diverse being it is.

Plenty of non-wacky gametypes everywhere else in Halo dudes. smh at some of the rage in here.

GhaleonEB

Botolf said:
Not really, no. Invincibility itself isn't the problem, and it can actually be a worthwhile mechanic. Take something like Team Fortress 2's Ubercharge: not only are you invincible, you're free to move and kill as you please. But there are caveats, such as needing a medic to build the charge for a few minutes, the medic has to stay close to you and keep his gun in the line-of-sight to keep the uber going, and there are various ways to split the medic from his ubercharge target (the Pyro can push him back with the airblast on his flamethrower, for example).

The fundamental problem with Armor Lock is that it doesn't have enough caveats. You can't move, but that's often more than compensated for the fact that you'll have teammates close by to bail you out. And you get so many uses out of it that you don't have to be particularly careful about popping the lock, the risk-reward balance is heavily skewed to the latter.

If AL drained the entire meter after surviving a lethal amount of damage (a rocket, grenade stick, vehicle ramming, etc) and the uses were capped to 1-2 per charge, people would be far less prone to abusing it, and you'd still keep the most exciting attributes of the ability. It would be far more situational, and something more useful to skill and not spam.
Agree entirely. I don't object to Armor Lock in concept, but rather execution. To toss one log on the fantasy balancing fire, I'd make it an uber-reflection of the shield attributes: immune to bullets, but can be whittled down by plasma fire, and canceled with a Plasma Pistol over charge. Then it would be an AA with a counter, and encourage more use of those weapons.

Hydranockz said:
What is CTF but a waypoint and a timer? Me and my bro play RR a lot and the skill often comes with moments of delight when you send other teams off course with well times rockets... Learning where to hang around on the map. Knowing when to push for markers and when to hang back. Yeah, throw that shit out. Open your minds a little dudes to opinions that are not your own and you might learn to love the Halo community for the diverse being it is.

Agreed. Let's put Grifball into Team Objective.

And Rumble Pit would be awesome with Skee Ball.

Next time I go into Team Slayer, I want it to suddenly make me play a round of Halo-themed Tetris.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
ncsuDuncan said:

Next time I go into Team Slayer, I want it to suddenly make me play a round of Halo-themed Tetris.

This junior, I like him. Imma keep'em in my pocket.

Tawpgun

Hydranockz said:
AL though, I don't see how being told how it isn't a rock translates to I don't get it's problems. My fault for implying the two were the exact same when I was merely trying to capture that scenario that often playes out in Halo where the player takes themselves to cover that isn't always ideal.

You mean when a player runs behind a cover, like another hallway, and is too far away to nade?

It's still completley different.

In order for that enemy to survive, he needs to turn stop firing, and run to that piece of cover.
1. He stopped firing at you
2. He's vulnerable while getting to cover
3. If the cover isn't anything substantial, one nade will kill or you can give chase.

With armor lock, two people can be in a heated DMR duel, but as soon as one player gets down the no shields, INSTANT SAVE ME OH GOD I CANT HANDLE THIS GUY.
1. Invulnerable.
2. You have to wait him out while weak (running away denies you your kill and the guy would just pop out and shoot you again)
3. When he pops he emits an EMP. Stand far enough back, fine, but he still has frosting. AKA half a second when he's invulnerable but can still shoot, move, and melee. Enough time to get a one shot advantage on you.

ncsuDuncan said:

At least you accept that those modes belong somewhere in the MM cycle :p It's not ideal as is, but it is the only suitable place atm until a new hopper is introduced, even on a limited basis.

Hydranockz said:
lolz are you serious? So there's no gunplay in CTF? My god your examples are awful. ONE guy holds the flag, what do you think the other 7 players are doing? Please, try harder.

I know how to play RR, man. I've stuck around a few times for those complete x amount of matches daily challenges and I've won. I know the strategies, how to weigh when you should sit back and wait for the marker to move in your region, when to pursue it, what angle to shoot a hog to force it over or make it JUST miss a marker. I'm pretty sure I never said there was no strategy to the game and zero skill involved. My argument is that it is not a shooting game when the over all game of Halo, is....a shooting game! This makes it as niche as can be and therefore requires it's own playlist. It's not just because I don't want to play it, it simply doesn't belong. I'm a SWAT whore but I still understood that it had no business in Team Slayer and needed it's own playlist. It's not rocket science. How do I have a closed mind on the Halo community? I said give it it's own playlist, not get rid of it.

GhaleonEB said:
Agree entirely. I don't object to Armor Lock in concept, but rather execution. To toss one log on the fantasy balancing fire, I'd make it an uber-reflection of the shield attributes: immune to bullets, but can be whittled down by plasma fire, and canceled with a Plasma Pistol over charge. Then it would be an AA with a counter, and encourage more use of those weapons.
I like that solution a lot. I've also proposed the "slow blade penetrates the shield" idea of allowing executions to defeat it.

But I'm always a fan of promoting more use of plasma weaponry.

GhaleonEB said:
Also, you still die if you get stuck. Or you can get killed when a needler super combines in your face.

Squall ASF said:
lolz are you serious? So there's no gunplay in CTF? My god your examples are awful. ONE guy holds the flag, what do you think the other 7 players are doing? Please, try harder.

I know how to play RR, man. I've stuck around a few times for those complete x amount of matches daily challenges and I've won. I know the strategies, how to weigh when you should sit back and wait for the marker to move in your region, when to pursue it, what angle to shoot a hog to force it over or make it JUST miss a marker. I'm pretty sure I never said there was no strategy to the game and zero skill involved. My argument is that it is not a shooting game when the over all game of Halo, is....a shooting game! This makes it as niche as can be and therefore requires it's own playlist. It's not just because I don't want to play it, it simply doesn't belong. I'm a SWAT whore but I still understood that it had no business in Team Slayer and needed it's own playlist. It's not rocket science. How do I have a closed mind on the Halo community? I said give it it's own playlist, not get rid of it.
And let me guess, you never fire a single rocket in RR? edit: As in, the flag holder s the driver but every other player is still important.

Try harder? A rocket launcher is very much a gun and a very important aspect (not vital, as in objective gametypes) to RR.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
NullPointer said:
I like that solution a lot. I've also proposed the "slow blade penetrates the shield" idea of allowing executions to defeat it.

But I'm always a fan of promoting more use of plasma weaponry.

Get the image of the guy in armor lock panning around behind himself as he watches you assassinate him like a porn star who looks back to give her lover the eye.

:lol

Hydranockz said:
At least you accept that those modes belong somewhere in the MM cycle :p It's not ideal as is, but it is the only suitable place atm until a new hopper is introduced, even on a limited basis.

I can agree to that. If enough people want to play Rocket Race, it should be in Matchmaking, and of the current playlists Multi-Team would work the best and be the least damaged.

But it really should be on its own.

Didn't Urk vaguely hint in a BWU at putting Skee Ball into a limited playlist? I got that impression, like maybe a "Unique Gametype" playlist. Maybe I was just dreaming.

Gui_PT

Hydranockz said:
And let me guess, you never fire a single rocket in RR?

Try harder? A rocket launcher is very much a gun and a very important aspect (not vital, as in objective gametypes) to RR.

Why don't you marry RR??!?!

Seriously now, it's a Race gametype. Make a Race playlist and don't bother whoever wants to shoot people instead of driving.

KevinRo

GhaleonEB said:

This.

Charged Plasma pistol should knock the Armour Locking newb out of AL. Also, when you Jetpack you shouldn't be able to shoot or reload. Doesn't make sense that you can't reload when you sprint but you can do everything else while you Jetpack.

*edit*

Also, evade should only have one roll.

A27 Tawpgun said:
You mean when a player runs behind a cover, like another hallway, and is too far away to nade?

It's still completley different.

In order for that enemy to survive, he needs to turn stop firing, and run to that piece of cover.
1. He stopped firing at you
2. He's vulnerable while getting to cover
3. If the cover isn't anything substantial, one nade will kill or you can give chase.

With armor lock, two people can be in a heated DMR duel, but as soon as one player gets down the no shields, INSTANT SAVE ME OH GOD I CANT HANDLE THIS GUY.
1. Invulnerable.
2. You have to wait him out while weak (running away denies you your kill and the guy would just pop out and shoot you again)
3. When he pops he emits an EMP. Stand far enough back, fine, but he still has frosting. AKA half a second when he's invulnerable but can still shoot, move, and melee. Enough time to get a one shot advantage on you.
Yeah, you said it way better than I had :p

If you know the map, do you seriously need to turn around to get to cover? He shouldn't need to stop firing, turn around and be presented with the dilemmas you posted, which was kinda the angle I had. That both players were able to exchange fire until out of sight.

Tawpgun

Hydranockz said:
And let me guess, you never fire a single rocket in RR? edit: As in, the flag holder s the driver but every other player is still important.

1. Where did he ever say that?

2. What? Shooting is still an essential part of that gametype. What are you trying to say?

kylej

Banned
ATTN: I believe I have a solution for Rocket Race

250px-Mario_Kart_Wii.png

KevinRo

Hydranockz said:
Yeah, you said it way better than I had :p

If you know the map, do you seriously need to turn around to get to cover? He shouldn't need to stop firing, turn around and be presented with the dilemmas you posted, which was kinda the angle I had. That both players were able to exchange fire until out of sight.

Halo is a team game. Not only is the armour locking noob invulnerable around cover, your teamates can't do shit either. That reason alone should be why it should be nerfed.

A27 Tawpgun said:
1. Where did he ever say that?

2. What? Shooting is still an essential part of that gametype. What are you trying to say?
That CTF is as alien to a shoot em up as RR technically is. Both benefit greatly from, but are not entirely dependant on, guns. You can win a round of CTF in a minute with barely a kill on the board in the same way you can score a checkpoint in Race, hold on to a skull, capture a hill without 'needing' to use your gun. Of course it is about a million times more effective to use your guns... just like in RR... see?

Gui_PT

Barrow Roll said:
:lol

Joke rage? I mean, I agree with you and all but, :lol

lol Yeah, joke rage. Sorry if it looked like real rage

Hydra. Please stop comparing actual FPS gametypes to RR. It looks silly.

Hydranockz said:

Sorry, that try harder was an asshole comment. I'll give you a semantic point if that makes you happy but the fact remains that it's still a racing match and not a shooting match. If you could hop out of the hog and run normal speed without teleporting back to a hog (and the hogs had normal damage intake) then the people that don't want to play it could at least carve their own path to fun. Objective games leave room for people to strictly kill, even as a viable strategy to winning the game, RR does not. RR's (due to being impervious in vehicles) is about knocking people around moreso than killing, you're pushing them aside to get to the marker first. If you simply drive around and only try to flip and kill people, you won't win that game and further more, you're limited to a shitty range of view from the passenger seat, or spamming a turret the whole match. It's a niche gametype, are you arguing otherwise? If not, then it's pretty obvious a niche gametype should have it's own playlist, no?

Squall ASF said:
It's a niche gametype, are you arguing otherwise? If not, then it's pretty obvious a niche gametype should have it's own playlist, no?
I have stated numerous times above you that I would like nothing more than to see RR in a proper playlist.

edit: taken to next page.

Hydranockz said:
I have stated numerous times above you that I would like nothing more than to see RR in a proper playlist.

I noticed that, I was wondering why you were arguing with me that it fits in MT, then.

Top Bottom