• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

The worst thing about killing the original Xbox Live games is that we can't get our game updates :(

And some of them are pretty meaty, like the KOTOR bug fixes.

wwm0nkey

Tomb Stone and Desolation where good. Not a lot of people seemed to care for Desolation much though.

also remember guys

< solution to all Halo 2 DLC problems :)

Mojo said:
Hope we get a list of the new cheesements in the WU

20G Armor Lockin - Deny an enemy 10 times in one multiplayer match
40G We're Sorry - Play a match on The Cage
10G American Idle - Idle for an entire game of Firefight
5G Don't do that - Wait for a Title Update
75G Please? - Subscribe to our MMO

I approve of these... :/

Desolation was great it reminds me of a inverted Warlock, circular with the four sides being inverted to the floor instead and a walkway through the in betweens...with the teleporters being stairways to the top instead of teleporters to the other sides. In fact it reminds me of Zealot a lot with the top middle, side circle around the outskirts, and then lifts off to the sides.

Tombstone the Hang em High remake? was great worked really well for H2 and I think I recall playing a remake in customs Reach where the DMR worked godly, and I recall playing a remake in H3 where the BR sucked terribly because it had no aim further than 10 feet. That gun's spread and leading was garbage. Holy hell remember that thing? Plus I think if I'm correct Tombstone was the first map to have reflecting bullet surfaces? I know I sniped someone by accidently shooting a spot above the window where the coke machine was...

Also people from HaloGAF get on Reach, lets get a BTB party going again. Got like 50 gamertags from HaloGAF and one person is on Reach.

Oozer3993 said:
Halo 3: ODST Concept art:

mJNzS.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24632347&postcount=18
Is this art just on Bungie's H3ODST concept art page? If not, where'd you get it? I love this kind of stuff.

Crucio

Oh jeeze, how can I forget those! Yeah, ricochet sniping! hehe.

So this is weird, there is no other way to get those two maps after all?

wwm0nkey

Crucio said:
Oh jeeze, how can I forget those! Yeah, ricochet sniping! hehe.

So this is weird, there is no other way to get those two maps after all?
You could download them off the web and put them on your HDD. you will have to resign the maps but its a simple process.

Would be easier if they just never took Halo 2 down or if they bring it back as an Arcade title (doesn't need a retail release)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
xxjuicesxx said:
Also people from HaloGAF get on Reach, lets get a BTB party going again. Got like 50 gamertags from HaloGAF and one person is on Reach.

Where are you?!?? I'm in your party!

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I'd say the Bungie Weekly Update this week will be worth paying attention to for what is or isn't said.

And Urk, give the two gaffers here a pat on the back for getting awesome, solid maps into matchmaking via the Community Cartographers. Any chance we'll learn how the new maps are doing in terms of popularity since they went live? Hoping we'll see these great HaloGAF maps across the wider playlist spectrum in future.

MrBig

Alienshogun said:
Well, Epic is saying right now that unlike the Reach LE their Epic edition Gears 3 will actually be rare.

Hmm, I wonder what to believe. That life sized lancer bundle WAS actually limited, and rare.

Epic > Bungie?!? Time will tell.

Perhaps Rod is truthful while Urk is a liar to his community!!!

https://twitter.com/#!/GearsViking/status/43804694304403456

;)
MS told Bungie that the LE would be rare and in turn told us. They don't handle that stuff, the publisher does.

wwm0nkey

Major Williams said:
Can someone give me an example of an MMO on the xbox? I can't think of one :(
Phantasy Star Universe and FFXI. Also soon to be Class 4 which is being made by the co-creator of WoW (class 4 is going to be a bad ass zombie MMO)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
MrBig said:
MS told Bungie that the LE would be rare and in turn told us. They don't handle that stuff, the publisher does.

That's what I would say too if I was a big fat liar.

You hear me Urk? YOU HEAR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Hey You

Here's some interesting tidbits on creating new Game Variants (Elite ,Spartan Skirmish etc):

These changes are typically published in the Update Changelist which is pinned in the Optimatch forum. I just posted the changelist for this last update, sorry for the delay I was out of the office for a couple days.

The extent to which we can modify gametypes is variable. The more extensive the modification, the more impact there is on testing and increased potential for things to break. Balancing the risk and value of the changes is not a simple task.

If you have a suggestion for a gametype or a modification to an existing gametype, feel free to post a thread about it here in Optimatch.
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=57357833&viewreplies=true#57358219
So if we made a thread asking for a matchmaking version of Generator Defense, it would actually be something that could be considered? There's many different gametype changes (and installation of other gametypes, like Gen Defense) that would extremely benefit this game.
In general, yes you should feel free to make suggestions like this. There's actually no generator object in MP maps, so that's not likely to happen since the resource (object model, art, effects) does not exist in our MP maps.

Here's an example of something we've been working on. I wanted to create a game variant of stockpile which allows players to grab flags just by touching them, they would then hold all the flags on their back so they can still move normally and use their weapons, equipment or even vehicles. Bringing the flags to their scoring zone would collect them all immediately. Flags can have variable point values as well, so a flag placed in the center of a map could be worth multiple points while all of the others are worth 1 point.

This is just one idea for a variant of an existing gametype and while it may not seem too complex, the time required to test all of this functionality is fairly significant.

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=57357833&viewreplies=true#57359962

I'm glad that we are potentially getting new Gametypes (Inv Skirmish is fun). Its too bad we won't get Generator Defense (Unless its possible to add Generators to future DLC).

I'm hoping for a gametype with Infection + Invasion mixed into one.

Striker

Using Armor abilities and touching a flag instantly is quite different than the bloom mechanic. We can change those settings with ease ourselves, even.

They just need to make an Actionsack playlist and put modes like that in, and FFS, put Living Dead in one somewhere. It doesn't need its own dedicated playlist, at least not in the competitive listing. Put it in the Community area and fill it with custom-created maps.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
wwm0nkey said:
Wait if they can edit the game that deep in their gametype editor couldn't they get rid of bloom in the classic playlist?
They could, but why would they? Shadowreach is awesome. :I

MrBig

wwm0nkey said:
Wait if they can edit the game that deep in their gametype editor couldn't they get rid of bloom in the classic playlist?
No. Its a weapon property, part of the map file, not relating to gametype settings.

Narpas Sword0 said:
How do you do this? Or do you mean you need a modded console?
---
e: or are you talking about just putting the maps on your xbox for use in local H2?

wwm0nkey

Narpas Sword0 said:
How do you do this? Or do you mean you need a modded console?
no, just a transfer cable or a USB device.

resigning code isnt like jtagging and can't be used for a whole lot. (though it is used to swap objects for .con modded maps in Halo 3)

i just wanna have a small LAN session of halo 2. i think one xbox has those two older maps on it but the other one is a slim so it obviously lacks them.

how would I get them (or other h2 maps) on there?

wwm0nkey

Narpas Sword0 said:
i just wanna have a small LAN session of halo 2. i think one xbox has those two older maps on it but the other one is a slim so it obviously lacks them.

how would I get them (or other h2 maps) on there?
Couldnt you get a USB and copy the maps to the USB and use them on the slim?

Crucio

wwm0nkey said:

I never thought it was as simple as Copy and Paste for maps like that.

One thing though, what happens if one loses all data of those two maps, what then? I wouldnt want to download some "accidentally" modded content on my 360. Are the files available somewhere online?

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
wwm0nkey said:
Define "use them on the slim."

MrBig

Cocopjojo said:
Define "use them on the slim."
He has two xboxes, one that has the maps and a new 360 that doesn't

Bungle. 4 months ago you collected maps for the forgetacular contest. 2 months ago you announce winners. Why am I not enjoying them in matchmaking?

wwm0nkey said:

I think I tried that once before... I will try again. I am not sure I even have those 2 maps on this 360, but I think I went out of my way to download all H2 content the week before they took live down.

OK I have what I think are all the maps on my 360 fat. Blastacular, Bonus, Killtacular, Maptacular

When I select them, my only option is delete. So no copying.

Bungie hasn't made another way to get those last two maps?

edit - I actually have another question. Both of my 360s are wireless. will i be able to do LAN on original XBOX games like Halo 2, or do they require a wired connection?

neoism

NOKYARD said:
…annnnnd, there you have it.

All should be back to normal on Monday.
Yeah if you have a good connection Grifball is the best thing for the weekly, had a few 70+ kill games... :D I'm half-way now, should get it on Sunday.

wwm0nkey

Narpas Sword0 said:
OK I have what I think are all the maps on my 360 fat. Blastacular, Bonus, Killtacular, Maptacular

When I select them, my only option is delete. So no copying.

Bungie hasn't made another way to get those last two maps?

edit - I actually have another question. Both of my 360s are wireless. will i be able to do LAN on original XBOX games like Halo 2, or do they require a wired connection?
Guess the only 2 options would be to play Halo 2 vista or if Halo 2 XBLA actually happens.

Gui_PT

BWU

BWU said:
Tired of pretending that he’s not a -blam!-in’ rock star from Mars, David Aldridge inhaled a huge hit of David Aldridge at GDC yesterday. Subsequently, his face melted off and children wept over his exploded body. After the childish tears, gelatinous gibs, and acrid smoke cleared, an industrious journalist noticed the final slide from David’s GDC deck which apparently proclaimed that we were hiring for a "massively…multiplayer action game." Ruh oh.

Now, in rehearsal Aldridge was convinced that everybody got the joke. It was all in the delivery, he assured us, and he was certain it was clear that he was playfully riffing off of the recent rumors. Unfortunately, most people can’t figure David out – they can’t process him. And we don’t expect them to. You can’t process David Aldridge with a normal brain. You’d need tiger blood and Adonis DNA.

wwm0nkey said:
Guess the only 2 options would be to play Halo 2 vista or if Halo 2 XBLA actually happens.

I should stop opening this thread, because everytime I see Halo 2 multiplayer mentioned I just end up getting sad =(

Edit: Does anyone play Halo 2 on XBConnect or X Link Kai?

blamite

110,000 beta tester surveys already? Should I be worried if I haven't gotten one yet? Speaking of which, has anyone here gotten theirs?

Crucio

Gui_PT said:

Well, that pretty much squashes that bug. I took that as an outright denial on the MMO front. A huge misunderstanding. Cant people read!

I think all can rest easy for now.

P.S.Maybe it was a joke, inside of a joke? :O Maybe its all true!!

blamite said:
110,000 beta tester surveys already? Should I be worried if I haven't gotten one yet? Speaking of which, has anyone here gotten theirs?

I!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Crucio said:
Well, that pretty much squashes that bug. I took that as an outright denial on the MMO front. A huge misunderstanding. Cant people read!

Here's a tip for future use.

Don't believe shit Bungie says, ever, about anything. Only when you have it in front of you and know it to be true can you believe them, and then, only then, just a little.

blamite said:

There were two rounds of 1,000 surveys sent out? What is that 110,000 you speak of?

Top Bottom