• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Oozer3993

blamite said:
110,000 beta tester surveys already? Should I be worried if I haven't gotten one yet? Speaking of which, has anyone here gotten theirs?
I haven't heard of anyone getting one. I haven't gotten one.

Alienshogun said:
Here's a tip for future use.

Don't believe shit Bungie says, ever, about anything. Only when you have it in front of you and know it to be true can you believe them, and then, only then, just a little.

Yeah just like we were told that matchmaking would match us up with people that had the same DLC as us. Whoops.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Alienshogun said:
Here's a tip for future use.

Don't believe shit Bungie says, ever, about anything. Only when you have it in front of you and know it to be true can you believe them, and then, only then, just a little.

You are my favorite Internet guy!

Crucio

Posted by : urk (BWU)But a mere twenty-four hours later, we expanded our love exponentially and the one thousand original recipients were joined by one hundred thousand more.

Probably a typo, he(blamite) should have meant 101000. :p

Oozer3993 said:
I haven't heard of anyone getting one. I haven't gotten one.

Hear this, I got one.

Also, good tip Alienshogun, it pays to be reminded of this. Never trust sources other then Bungie.net itself.

Oozer3993

Gui_PT said:
A lot of people here on GAF already said they got one.

I know rite?
That'll teach me to answer before doing my research. And now my streak of not getting into betas is nearly a record length.

Why does Bungie insist on waiting until the BWU to squash rumors like that?

From a journalistic viewpoint, it's frustrating.

This "rumor" was from a Bungie employee. You can try calling Bungie for a comment, but nobody is going to get back to you on it.

blamite

Crucio said:
Probably a typo, he(blamite) should have meant 101000. :p

Hear this, I got one.

Also, good tip Alienshogun, it pays to be reminded of this. Never trust sources other then Bungie.net itself.
Yeah, that's what I meant. Big numbers, either way. >.>
Hopefully there are a few more big waves coming. Anyone remember how many particpants the Halo 3 and Reach Betas had? At least a million, I think.
Hopefully I'll be able to get in on testing the new MMO game of unknown genre.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hitmonchan107 said:

This "rumor" was from a Bungie employee. You can try calling Bungie for a comment, but nobody is going to get back to you on it.

Because they are lying.

GhaleonEB said:
I thought we had something special!

You do, don't worry.

Start sending him some of that candy and you're a shoe in!

Crucio

Hitmonchan107 said:

Replace the word "rumor" with "humor". Perhaps this humor was not worth responding to until the update. :p

blamite said:
Yeah, that's what I meant. Big numbers, either way. >.>
Hopefully there are a few more big waves coming. Anyone remember how many particpants the Halo 3 and Reach Betas had? At least a million, I think.
Hopefully I'll be able to get in on testing the new MMO game of unknown genre.

I think the Reach one has 2-3 million or something like that. Don't remember how many H3 had.

H3 beta trip mine anyone (epicsauce to the max)?

MrBig

Of course, as the initial round of select few recipients began to brag about their newly acquired status on the web, everyone else took the absence of email correspondence as a barbed personal slight delivered straight to their lower solar plexus. But a mere twenty-four hours later, we expanded our love exponentially and the one thousand original recipients were joined by one hundred thousand more.
Bungle hates me. I got nothing.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I played Uncaged today. It's about 12.5% better than The Cage. Which noob here said it's the best map in the Halo series again?

Tashi0106 said:
I played Uncaged today. It's about 12.5% better than The Cage. Which noob here said it's the best map in the Halo series again?

I played it a few times in the past week. I think it is significantly better than The Cage, but that doesn't make it a good map.

What is a real shame is there was originally a Lockout/Guardian-ish map in development (internal name was "blockout"), but when its location disappeared in campaign, they scraped it and made The Cage in forge instead. :/

Kibbles

I haven't got a beta testing email thing either, and my Bnet account is from 2006, and I signed up from the beta thing when it first came up on. I checked to make sure I didn't miss anything and everything is there, my correct email and the tickbox checked. =S

wwm0nkey

Kibbles said:
I haven't got a beta testing email thing either, and my Bnet account is from 2006, and I signed up from the beta thing when it first came up on. I checked to make sure I didn't miss anything and everything is there, my correct email and the tickbox checked. =S
I signed up before the beta thing was made public (was actually on the edit profile thing before they announced it)

wwm0nkey said:
I signed up before the beta thing was made public (was actually on the edit profile thing before they announced it)
Yeah I am in the same boat... Signed up before it was announced and I have yet to hear anything back.

Hopefully they send out another batch soon...

Alienshogun
Banned
(Today, 08:48 PM)

That can't be real. You just posted! Bah. I wish people wouldn't be able to do that. It messes with my head so hard.

Edit: I can't remember if it's been like that or not, which is what gets me every time.

Lazslo

So why did Shogun get banned? This is going to put a serious dent in his post number. Well at least he got a gnarly tag bro

Tawpgun

Bored. Want to play Bulletstorm Anarchy, but no one on.

So I want to play Reach, but no one is on Reach.

Going into BTB alone. Start placing bets on when I'll ragequit.

Lazslo said:
So why did Shogun get banned? This is going to put a serious dent in his post number. Well at least he got a gnarly tag bro
Not sure, but this is ban number 2... So likely it is going to be for a while.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Dani said:
He called a poster's wife "a blithering imbecile" out of the blue.
Being disrespectful to a member's spouse is a good way to get banned.

Did anyone else notice how fast we got over DPR ratings?

Rage @ not getting a beta e-mail

AND Verizon told me I could get 25 Mbit down / 25 Mbit up for $64.99 / month. Just got the e-mail that my bill is $79.99.

:|

Good times.

neoism

Dmorr07 said:
Do customs still go on? Haven't played in awhile but picked up the maps today and started back up.
yes tomorrow... there is Forge customs at 3-5 est... and regular GAF customs at 8 or 9-whenever...

Blueblur1 said:
The next one is probably going to be a permaban.
I pictured Conan in your avatar saying that to the chick :/

Team Doubles plays like it does in H3. Really tense, awesome opening few minutes. Me and my bro use telepathic powers of awesome to take a good lead. Other team quits. The timer will never reach zero and the score will never reach the max but the satisfaction... my god it feels good to cause teams to quit out.

Top Bottom