• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Tawpgun

First BTB game, Big Team Slayer on Paradiso. After they vetoed Stockpile Tempest.

I get the banshee, and get half of my armor chipped off by friendly fire from people mad they didn't get it. When I come back I find 3 of them camping the spawn. Wow.

Next game, Stockpile on Hemorrhage. I get the sniper. Proceed to get shot at my teammates, and eventually betrayed. I of course booted him. Another person grabs the sniper, gets betrayed, and boots the guy.

Wow.

Hey You

Alpha Zombies is already being worked on, no promises but you'll probably see this in April.
[Post]

Yeessss! My most requested feature. It was pretty stupid not to include it in the Retail game.

Now, where's that takemymoney.gif?

blamite

Crucio said:
Wow, just played with one of the Forerunners, an Eclipse and a Nova. We Lost but put up a good fight, thanks to my Blueberry Gun.
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=508315633&player=SIP Crucio

Some people were dissing the high ranks, saying they've got a fake rank and all that. I have to agree, most of those high credit ranks are simply farmed to the max.

Though it was fun to finally see that icon.
Then there are currently at least 3 Forerunners out there. I just played with one in Noble, his name was Time is Credits. I lolled.

Blueblur1

vhfive said:
I don't care why he got banned I just find him an annoying poster
You misunderstood. When he communicated to me the length of his ban, he made another comment about MotorbreathX's wife. I won't repost it though.

Crucio

blamite said:
Then there are currently at least 3 Forerunners out there. I just played with one in Noble, his name was Time is Credits. I lolled.

Yeah someone on Bnet is tracking their race to Inheritor. Lol

MrBig

Blueblur1 said:
This is gonna sound stupid but how is that different from regular Infection?
I think it's where it gives special traits to the initial zombies, e.g. increased speed, health

Tawpgun

Blueblur1 said:
This is gonna sound stupid but how is that different from regular Infection?

Regular infection doesn't allow you to edit the traits of the first zombies. This may sound dumb, but it actually ruined a LOT of customs.

GhaleonEB

Crucio said:
Wow, just played with one of the Forerunners, an Eclipse and a Nova. We Lost but put up a good fight, thanks to my Blueberry Gun.
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=508315633&player=SIP Crucio

Some people were dissing the high ranks, saying they've got a fake rank and all that. I have to agree, most of those high credit ranks are simply farmed to the max.

Though it was fun to finally see that icon.
I just played with (well, almost almost - he quit before the game started) some high ranking dude (full moon rank). Whenever I see guys like that I check their Commendations to see how they got there. He's nearly maxed out the close quarters combat Commendation for multiplayer.

Farming Griffball.

Also, I'm noticing that a fair number of games never make it over to bungie.net. The game I just played is not in my record, nor are several others. What they all have in common are players who quit or lagged out. Likewise with the ONI LASO run last week, the game never showed up on b.net, but we had one player quit/lag out early on. I just played a game solo because the other two players disappeared from the menu to the game start; that seems to be enough for b.net to lose track of the game. Kinda wanted to look at it, since I held down Beachhead solo for 30 minutes.

Oozer3993

Hey You said:
[Post]

Yeessss! My most requested feature. It was pretty stupid not to include it in the Retail game.

Now, where's that takemymoney.gif?

NSfxT.jpg

Hey You

A27 Tawpgun said:
Regular infection doesn't allow you to edit the traits of the first zombies. This may sound dumb, but it actually ruined a LOT of customs.
Yep. I run my own Infection Community and over 85% of my Custom games in Halo 3 were Infection.

A Huge chunk of people were disappointed/mad/upset that Alpha Zombies went away, alot of great games weren't possible in Reach.

Striker

Blueblur1 said:
You misunderstood. When he communicated to me the length of his ban, he made another comment about MotorbreathX's wife. I won't repost it though.
The dude's maturity level is in the teens.

KevinRo

Tashi0106 said:
I played Uncaged today. It's about 12.5% better than The Cage. Which noob here said it's the best map in the Halo series again?

Until they fix bottom snipe and the small tower, that map is horrible. Make a one way teleporter down by the shotgun spawn to the rocket spawn or something and change the elevation of small tower. Make it much higher, almost above that of the cage, to make it somewhat not of a goddamn spawn trap.

Also, putting a 'return to battlefield' area ontop of the cage was dumb. That was the best part of the map, holding that fixed position down.

KevinRo said:
Also, putting a 'return to battlefield' area ontop of the cage was dumb. That was the best part of the map, holding that fixed position down.

Nah they should definitely just remove the roof on the middle cage, having an area people can't shoot someone unless they have jetpack? That's broken. Remove the roof, keep the walls, thats fine, but the roof needs to go. The barrier isn't even enough. I had some douche in doubles hiding there in Doubles I had to physically wait for him to come down to kill him. It was a really sad game, you used to have to glitch out of the map with a superbounce to get to places like that.

Striker

Anchor 9 CTF is fantastic. Has anybody got Assault or Neutral Assault to show up on it, yet? It really is a nice skirmish map.

KevinRo said:
Until they fix bottom snipe and the small tower, that map is horrible. Make a one way teleporter down by the shotgun spawn to the rocket spawn or something and change the elevation of small tower. Make it much higher, almost above that of the cage, to make it somewhat not of a goddamn spawn trap.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Bungie said that the Cage was a precursor for the map that eventually became Lockout? In other words, during development of Halo 2, the Cage was refined and tweaked multiple times until it became Lockout.

But now in Halo Reach, they give us a crude, unrefined, and inelegant map and are surprised by the backlash it's received? It's as if someone designed a map, put no additional thought into it, shipped it, and then acted surprised that people dislike it.

neclas

GhaleonEB said:
Farming Griffball.
Not necessarily (though not unlikely). I had my Close Quarters commendation to Onyx before Grifball was introduced into matchmaking.

Also, just because somebody is a high rank, that doesn't mean commendations had much to do with it. I've seen Eclipses with only ~50% commendation progress. Whereas, I had 80% complete while still a General.

KevinRo

Summary Man said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Bungie said that the Cage was a precursor for the map that eventually became Lockout? In other words, during development of Halo 2, the Cage was refined and tweaked multiple times until it became Lockout.

But now in Halo Reach, they give us a crude, unrefined, and inelegant map and are surprised by the backlash it's received? It's as if someone designed a map, put no additional thought into it, shipped it, and then acted surprised that people dislike it.

What are you smoking?

This 'map' was pumped out in one day. If you want to see what you CAN really do with Forge and Forge World look at the 2 maps MLG released for V3 and not some remake.

zlatko

Banned
How far has this game come in the past months? I still kinda miss it, and somewhat regret selling it, because I could still have fun with it in controlled bursts of play.

Did the DMR bloom get any attention? Has the map variety become less Cage type in design now with the map packs? Lastly, and most importantly, has Armor Lock been looked at and tweaked at all? I know last time I asked people said MLG playlists got added and they don't use Alock which is a good start, but I wouldn't say fixed Armor lock for the other game modes.

Striker

Map pack released two very good 4v4 maps.

Armor Lock is present in all game modes for MM aside from MLG and Team Arena, which can use some objective variety if I do say so myself. It's changed around as well.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Evade is seriously broken shit.

You can rolling crouch into a distant area.

You can roll a shotgun into someones face.

You can roll like a bitch in any direction away from getting shot at.

I could go on, but I just got matched up.

zlatko

Banned
Striker said:
Map pack released two very good 4v4 maps.

Armor Lock is present in all game modes for MM aside from MLG and Team Arena, which can use some objective variety if I do say so myself. It's changed around as well.

How is the match making now that the population is the die hards left ? Easy to find full games of even BTB?

Ramirez

Is there any chance Elite Slayer could get its own playlist? It's a REALLY annoying gametype that I never want to play, but people always vote for it for some unknown reason.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Ramirez said:
Is there any chance Elite Slayer could get its own playlist? It's a REALLY annoying gametype that I never want to play, but people always vote for it for some unknown reason.
Dinosaur fetish, but yes that's been begging for it's own gametype for quite some time now.

Ramirez said:
Because we still have memories of it from the beta, before AL, when it was great, and some part of us deep inside hopes it'll be as good again.

Also being Urk's favourite internet guy is a kiss of death it seems.
Shogun needs to take a second and think about what he's saying more often.

Nutter

Ramirez said:
So what you're saying is...it'll never happen?
It has a less chance to happen than Rocket Race getting its own playlist. So you do the math.

Also Paradiso might be worst game map EVER. Oooo but look, its on an island.

Someone dig a quote up from one of the pre release Halo 3 bungie weekly updates that detailed the banshee not being able to look directly downwards because its secondary bomb was too powerful. I know they said something along those lines, and now reach... what happened to that? why did they go from Halo 3 banshee to this POS in Reach? Did they really forget how to balance Multiplayer during the development of Reach? Or they phoned in the whole MP side of things. This post has nothing to do with the campaign, they put serious effort in that and it shows, however it seems like MP was really phoned in and some new guy was given full control over how it plays, oh wait they DID do that. YIKES!

Ramirez

Zeouterlimits said:
Because we still have memories of it from the beta, before AL, when it was great, and some part of us deep inside hopes it'll be as good again.

Also being Urk's favourite internet guy is a kiss of death it seems.
Shogun needs to take a second and think about what he's saying more often.

I'm actually Urk's favorite guy, don't let him fool you.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Ramirez said:
So what you're saying is...it'll never happen?
Yes.
Nutter said:
It has a less chance to happen than Rocket Race getting its own playlist. So you do the math.

Also Paradiso might be worst game map EVER. Oooo but look, its on an island.

Someone dig a quote up from one of the pre release Halo 3 bungie weekly updates that detailed the banshee not being able to look directly downwards because its secondary bomb was too powerful. I know they said something along those lines, and now reach... what happened to that? why did they go from Halo 3 banshee to this POS in Reach? Did they really forget how to balance Multiplayer during the development of Reach? Or they phoned in the whole MP side of things. This post has nothing to do with the campaign, they put serious effort in that and it shows, however it seems like MP was really phoned in and some new guy was given full control over how it plays, oh wait they DID do that. YIKES!
Everything can be explained because of Shadowrun.

wwm0nkey

xxjuicesxx said:
Nostalgia.

I rather enjoy these nade physics (h2's launching) much more than H3 and Reach's new "chain explosion" garbage.

Most of whats shown is luck but theres no doubt to timing a nade launch just right that can work perfectly as skill.

Also when they broke the 1v1 spawn system, it was amazing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yOidoXWVD0

That allowed for so many insane spawn sticks.
*cries* Still miss the real Halo 2 :(

Enjoy the next two weeks, because then he will be back.
The FF map in the pack is huge! It took me forever to walk from one side to the other! Condemned is EPIC!
http://twitter.com/#!/FourteeTwo/status/43880858981113856

I want to play the map! I WANT TO PLAY IT RIGHT NOW!

O D I N

Had a thought on the way to work this morning.

What if this 'Defiant Map Pack helmet' we've been seeing is nothing more than the 343 equivalent of Recon/Blue Flames?

I'd be disappointed, as I want more armor too. Still, food for thought.

Glad to see Alpha Zombie will be making a comeback. I was very confused when it wasn't there. Infection is one of my favorite 'custom' gametypes (not a huge fan of the playlist. Needs more variety).

Top Bottom