• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Hey You

Crucio said:
The search for 7ruth is so rare. I'm surprised that almost nobody(news people) actually asks you guys questions directly.
I guess the press doesn't want to take the time to shoot off a Quick Email or Phone Call and would rather just include the typical "We've contacted so and so for Confirmation".

Edit: Or that most do not know that Bungie even has a media department and usually tries to contact Microsoft/Activision.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Louis Wu said:
lolol you're totally right! It's been at least 7 posts since anyone talked about Halo!
I'm only saying that because there is an actual thread dedicated to speculating Bungie's next project you know that thing Bungie currently cares about.*

Not Halo: Reach.

howboutthatbelh.jpg

What Halo Reach Defiant Map Pack Preview Event
When Wednesday, March 9th from 7pm - 8pm
Where The Microsoft Store at Bellevue Square
Why Meet some of the members of 343 Industries as they give you an in-depth, personalized tour of the Halo Reach Defiant Map Pack, which releases on March 15th.

PLUS: We’ll also have some Halo merchandise to give away
http://majornelson.com/archive/2011/03/05/halo-reach-defiant-map-pack-preview-event.aspx

So who is going to that event?
Microsoft Germany should do such events, where the Community could try out the DLC before the release.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
To join Customs, send a message to Slightly Live when they start and I'll pop an invite your way. In the chance that we get filled up, folks will be queued up in order of the time messages are received.

Tunavi

Banned
Dani said:
To join Customs, send a message to Slightly Live when they start and I'll pop an invite your way. In the chance that we get filled up, folks will be queued up in order of the time messages are received.

Thanks Dani

Edit: 6 people just got kicked from the game....What?

lol, it was like a game within a game. Inception?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Dani said:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b177/iamnotevilness/GAFCUSTOMSMARreality.jpg

=/
Sorry but I had to bail after that map, also it didn't seem like anyone else was coming. :\

Dani said:
I think the issue is GAF is divided into two distinct groups.

Not to sound like an idiot but this will sum it up:

Group A) AR
Group B) DRM

Customs games brings the two groups together and has them playing less than ideal game-types... I enjoy having casual fun every once in a while, but i can honestly say I have never played a SERIOUS 4v4 Slayer/CTF game during GAF Customs... That is a big reason I occasionally choose to miss customs.

Perhaps there should be a GAF Customs on at a different time that is geared more to the serious crowd? Tashi, Fhive (lalw), juices, etc... What do you guys think?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Devin Olsen said:

Group A) AR
Group B) DRM

Customs games brings the two groups together and has them playing less than ideal game-types... I enjoy having casual fun every once in a while, but i can honestly say I have never played a SERIOUS 4v4 Slayer/CTF game during GAF Customs... That is a big reason I occasionally choose to miss customs.

Perhaps there should be a GAF Customs on at a different time that is geared more to the serious crowd? Tashi, Fhive (lalw), juices, etc... What do you guys think?

We cater for both crowds depending on the numbers. If you actually showed up more often, you'd see that. This week for example, we've had a good mix, with more serious games due to the numbers. Customs is going strong right now BTW, with Tashi, Nutter et al so feel free to join in.

Tawpgun

Its just inconsistent. We start with like 14, get down to 7, and get back up to I believe 12 or something.

I will say, Coag and Containment was awesome and those maps need to get added to BTB. Scew Hemorrhage.

I didn't like the first MLG map, but Nexus was really good. But I would have liked to play some minigames.

MrBig

Devin Olsen said:
That's basically what forgegaf does. Serious games on nearly complete maps or maps that just need some final playtesting for tuning before submissions. I try to rotate between ARs and DMRs, Objectives and Slayer for each game. The starts depend on what the author requests though so we usually end up with a tad more DMRs. No need to split up the Halogaf parties further.

A27_StarWolf said:
do you guys do map testing? I will need some help in the near future, and I'm sorry I missed customs tonight, I was with the lady :p
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=26316504#post26316504
Post your maps there

Striker

A27 Tawpgun said:
Its just inconsistent. We start with like 14, get down to 7, and get back up to I believe 12 or something.

I will say, Coag and Containment was awesome and those maps need to get added to BTB. Scew Hemorrhage.

I didn't like the first MLG map, but Nexus was really good. But I would have liked to play some minigames.
Is it the Classic built Coagulation map? With rocks as the rocky areas surrounding the base? If so, I like that map. Hope it's included for the actual Classic playlist.

Nutter

Devin Olsen said:

Group A) AR
Group B) DRM

LAWL

vhfive

I should really start going to customs again (the Halo 3 customs night were fucking awesome) but I'm usually busy on weekends (this week I'm at my xboxless parents house and next week is PAX).

oh well, one of these days I'll return.

I've been at a few Reach Customs, but weekends have been full with mostly stuff related to buying a home. Hopefully once that process is finished I'll be able to get back online, I'll make sure to push that pesky social life aside; it's so starved as to be quite a pushover anyway :p.

CyReN said:
Glad to see they reversed their decision. Still waiting on the controller to come though.

Agreed if you're good at Halo you're good at Halo. If you're Dax the controller isn't going to make you Walshy.

darthbob

CyReN said:
Glad to see they reversed their decision. Still waiting on the controller to come though.

I'd get one simply so I can map crouching to the X button and have the "X-Humper" preset that I always wanted.

So I can bumper jumper and use Equipment without looking stupid lol

GhaleonEB

The only thing to fill my heart with unbridled terror in Firefight is the drop pod with the five Elite Ultras. Even better, they arrive to kick off the Elite boss wave when we're out of lives. 0_o

Ramirez

Had a good night of Arena, please take Evade out though, it's so stupid when everyone has it. I think it works in MLG to an extent because only one person can have it, I think even AL could work this way, but when all 8 people have access to them, that's where things really go south in the game.

Striker

Ramirez said:
Had a good night of Arena, please take Evade out though, it's so stupid when everyone has it. I think it works in MLG to an extent because only one person can have it, I think even AL could work this way, but when all 8 people have access to them, that's where things really go south in the game.
I think the playlist is heading in the right direction. Step by step. Remove Jetpacks and Evade next. Though once Jetpacks are gone, Swordbase becomes useless. They can erase it from the playlist anyway - won't hurt. I would then welcome a separate loadout if users want to spawn with a DMR/Pistol rather than DMR/AR, and of course, one grenade rather than two.

Nutter

Ramirez said:
How about that one game where our fourth was a dude from the other party yet those idiots still couldn't score on us.

Top Bottom