• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Blueblur1

Fucking shit. I wake up and the gamertag I wanted was deleted from my friends list which is a good sign that Microsoft has freed it up. But some asshole already registered it. It's only been like 3 hours from 5am which is when they free them up. I feel like I got sniped on an eBay auction. I can't believe this. I'm so mad.

MrBig

Striker said:
I think the playlist is heading in the right direction. Step by step. Remove Jetpacks and Evade next. Though once Jetpacks are gone, Swordbase becomes useless. They can erase it from the playlist anyway - won't hurt. I would then welcome a separate loadout if users want to spawn with a DMR/Pistol rather than DMR/AR, and of course, one grenade rather than two.
I don't get why they're not working with MLG to help with the arena. Right now it's obviously a failure with those sub 1k average player numbers, and I doubt any of the people that the arena ranks would appeal to (MLG players) care about how arena is now.

kylej

Banned
Booties said:
I....am.....Booties once more.

7S36N.gif

Karl2177

MrBig said:
Reach servers down?
Noticed my rank and everything had gone back to default after exiting a forge game and Bnet service records are down as well - http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/default.aspx?player=Mr Kwatz
Yeah. If you sign in now, and go to the armory, there's a chance you'll get the bonus 5000 credits again. It'll add back on to what you had previously.

Assuming they haven't fixed that bug.
Who the hell am I kidding? Of course they haven't fixed that bug.

wwm0nkey

Hey guys do you think there is any valid reason they don't give us the tools they use to edit these game types. Because if we had them I can see the community making A LOT of cool games.

MrBig

wwm0nkey said:
Hey guys do you think there is any valid reason they don't give us the tools they use to edit these game types. Because if we had them I can see the community making A LOT of cool games.
If this was Bungie 10 years ago we would have it. Not with how they (rightfully due to what their population has become) treat us now.

e: And for whoever was talking about VIP, no the soundbite for the VIP gametype is not still in the game. There are some interesting things though: Golf, Hogpile, Pinata, and Soccer.

wwm0nkey

MrBig said:
If this was Bungie 10 years ago we would have it. Not with how they treat us now.
I really hope some point down the line we get the custom game tool, that or somehow modders will find a magical way an make their own editor.

Would be amazing if we got these tools for Bungie Day though.

wwm0nkey said:
I really hope some point down the line we get the custom game tool, that or somehow modders will find a magical way an make their own editor.

Would be amazing if we got these tools for Bungie Day though.
"We wanted to do something special for Bungie Day. So, without further ado, we give you FORGE UNIVERSE. You wanted a map creator, you've got it!"

Hey, a man can dream, right. I'll be amazed if we're actually getting anything Halo-related for Bungie Day this year, when Bungie will probably have revealed their new IP the month before it.

Blueblur1

Mojo said:
scared of blueblur hate mail
I immediately knew it was a joke when I saw it. Made me laugh. No hate mail from me. ;)

Devin Olsen said:
Halo 50k Final Game - TDT

I was looking on my external HDD and saw this classic Halo 1 video, thought you guys may like to see it.

Incredible teamwork, and just plain fun to watch.

YouTube
I still love the frag grenade explosions and the dirt it kicks up. I really wish they had kept it that way.

wwm0nkey

Blue Ninja said:
"We wanted to do something special for Bungie Day. So, without further ado, we give you FORGE UNIVERSE. You wanted a map creator, you've got it!"

Hey, a man can dream, right. I'll be amazed if we're actually getting anything Halo-related for Bungie Day this year, when Bungie will probably have revealed their new IP the month before it.
If we dont get it for Bungie day we still better get it at some point in time :(

Hey You

wwm0nkey said:
Probably because it may be game breaking or too buggy for the public to use? Maybe because it requires extensive testing to make sure it doesn't break anything?

vhfive said:
I should really start going to customs again (the Halo 3 customs night were fucking awesome) but I'm usually busy on weekends (this week I'm at my xboxless parents house and next week is PAX).

oh well, one of these days I'll return.

PAX is next week? Good Lord how long have I been gone? Seems like just a few months ago we were talking about the last Expo.

And yea, I'm gonna try and make some customs days in the coming weeks. Definately trying for next Saturday. I've just been too busy lately... girlfriends really eat up your time.

Blueblur1

I would have really liked to go to PAX East this year but I couldn't get that Friday off from work. Hostile Paradox is still going though. To be honest, I think I'm not going to be going to any conventions for a long time. I can't afford it anymore seeing as I have to spend at least $400 on flights alone. Those were good times though!

wwm0nkey

Hey You said:
Probably because it may be game breaking or too buggy for the public to use? Maybe because it requires extensive testing to make sure it doesn't break anything?
Pretty sure there are quite a few people who are willing enough to spend awhile making new game types and test things out.

It just seems like these tools can add A LOT to the game and would be great to make it publicly available but obviously requires a learning curve.

Sweet sassy mollasy, that scared me to death! I thought I had been banned or suspended for cheating or somethng.

I was in a Score Attack FireFight game earlier and after the game ended it flashed "maximum offline Cr limit reached" and it erased all my armor, rank, and credits. I tried signing out and back into LIVE, rebooted my 360, cleared hdd cache, but nothing worked. Panic set in but then I come here and see its a universal problem, PHEW.

I've never intentionally cheated but I thought maybe my account was flagged because I play a lot of back to back Score Attack FF games.

GhaleonEB

So, can you still get Challenges and accrue cR today with b.net/service record wipe?

The mass confusion/rage on b.net is amusing, but understandable.

CyReN

Yea, I'm that Cyren.

There's going to be a huge lan in Michigan in a few weeks, I'm going to be setting up a H1 station there and hopefully have a stream. Walshy going to be there, hope I can get some matches in with him.

neclas

GhaleonEB said:
So, can you still get Challenges and accrue cR today with b.net/service record wipe?
Challenges: no. you have to connect to the servers to retrieve the challenges, which isn't working right now.

cR: yes, but only a limited about (I think you can earn up to 2,500 that will count once the servers are back up).

CyReN said:
Yea, I'm that Cyren.

There's going to be a huge lan in Michigan in a few weeks, I'm going to be setting up a H1 station there and hopefully have a stream. Walshy going to be there, hope I can get some matches in with him.
How OG are you? '06

I'm definitely jealous, hope to see videos/pics from the LAN.

GhaleonEB

Decom said:
Challenges: no. you have to connect to the servers to retrieve the challenges, which isn't working right now.

cR: yes, but only a limited about (I think you can earn up to 2,500 that will count once the servers are back up).
Whoops. And was liking the Challenges today. Hope someone from Bungie's IT side is in the house today.

Think I'll try making some hard candy instead.

Edit: Halo's back? Now I get to do both! Yay!

Hey You

wwm0nkey said:
Pretty sure there are quite a few people who are willing enough to spend awhile making new game types and test things out.

It just seems like these tools can add A LOT to the game and would be great to make it publicly available but obviously requires a learning curve.
Yeah, but then the 99% others wouldn't test it and just send it off into the world. What if it bricked your Xbox or erased everything in Reach or something like that?

wwm0nkey

Hey You said:
Yeah, but then the 99% others wouldn't test it and just send it off into the world. What if it bricked your Xbox or erased everything in Reach or something like that?
don't really think it would do either of those. If someone from Bungie would like to correct me though thats fine but still doubt it will brick your 360 or erase your data.

CyReN

Devin Olsen said:
How OG are you? '06

I'm definitely jealous, hope to see videos/pics from the LAN.

I've been playing H1 since 03', Action Replay/Glitching/Warthog Launching. I really didn't play H1 mp til MLG Charlotte 07'. I remember my first match I played Yogi and RNX. With Halo 2 I didn't have high speed internet but got it Day 1. I remember we got speed internet a week after I was done with school for the summer (2005) and had my xbl membership and mic ready. Didn't put that thing down, then I got into MLG late 2005 then joined their site in 2006 for the vod. Now I regularly post on there. I've been to 5 MLG events, and well over 30+ lans over my years if it matters.

Cursed Lemon and I got to play Walshy and Totz at a local charity tourney last year. Here's a link - http://forums.majorleaguegaming.com.../page__p__5277855__fromsearch__1#entry5277855

My gt is: Cyren CE

Feel free to message me if you want to play. I'll play w/e playlist, not really huge on doing the campaign since I've played it 20 times now.

wwm0nkey

A27 Tawpgun said:
I've watched it like 402942902 times and it still gets me every time.

I just lose at at Land Before Time music.
it pretty much perfectly captures the essence of Halo 2. Well you know except for those KSI kids and the ones that talk about RuneScape :lol

Hey You

wwm0nkey said:
don't really think it would do either of those. If someone from Bungie would like to correct me though thats fine but still doubt it will brick your 360 or erase your data.

Hey its possible. We don't know the backend stuff. These types of things aren't stable.

We probably would have gotten the option to Force Player Models, but the reason it isn't out in the public is because its unstable.

Ramirez

Striker said:
I think the playlist is heading in the right direction. Step by step. Remove Jetpacks and Evade next. Though once Jetpacks are gone, Swordbase becomes useless. They can erase it from the playlist anyway - won't hurt. I would then welcome a separate loadout if users want to spawn with a DMR/Pistol rather than DMR/AR, and of course, one grenade rather than two.

wat, Swordbase is SO much better without stupid jetpacks.

MrBig

wwm0nkey said:
It's not going to happen for a console game. Don't get your hopes up.

The only thing that could happen is development in Reach modding tools. There haven't been many created yet.

Bread

Banned
Is anyone able to play matchmaking now? It just says "Playlist data pending download" for me and it's been like this for at least 5 minutes.

edit: after 10 minutes more (spent watching the Halo 2 RIP video) it finally loaded the playlists

Toddler

Bread said:
Is anyone able to play matchmaking now? It just says "Playlist data pending download" for me and it's been like this for at least 5 minutes.
Same here. Also had trouble getting to my stat page on bungie.net, and refreshing info on the Reach Stat tracker for iPhone.

Edit: back up now.

Top Bottom